Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,698 members, 7,820,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? (14391 Views)

Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] / Is Blogging Still Profitable? / Is Blogging Still Lucrative Or Should I Start Drop Shipping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Veiniously: 7:22am On Apr 16, 2021
ibietela2:

Constitency
Going after niche you have a good chance of getting your own cut
What niche did you go for?
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Vokians(m): 11:34am On Apr 16, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

What is the financial implication for this?
When you create more traffic to your website you will be able to monetize it e.g Google adscens.
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by ibietela2(m): 12:17pm On Apr 16, 2021
Veiniously:

What niche did you go for?

Health
Animals/pet
Parenting
Lifestyle /tech /vehicles
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by qloreal: 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2021
seanwilliam:
Op no even allow people to contribute na u Dey ask question na you still Dey answer

Howfar brah... make we relate for whatsapp I wan learn a thing or two about BtC from you
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by seanwilliam(m): 2:42pm On Apr 16, 2021
qloreal:

Howfar brah... make we relate for whatsapp I wan learn a thing or two about BtC from you
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Elonmuskfan: 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2021
TemmyT002:
Very profitable ó.
The last payment paid my house rent
Teach me naa
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Veiniously: 3:09pm On Apr 16, 2021
ibietela2:

Health
Animals/pet
Parenting
Lifestyle /tech /vehicles
I have been working on my traffic but I am seeing little results how do you work out your seo plan

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by KLand(m): 7:25pm On Apr 16, 2021
Blogging is not dead. I love it and I'm attracting readers from all around the world. But I'm yet to taste the profitability side of it because I'm yet to monetise my blog. But I'm thinking about it seriously.
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by TemmyT002(m): 10:19pm On Apr 16, 2021
lightwind:
please can you teach me I want to learn how to blog08067703439 my WhatsApp number thank you.

This was the link I used :
https://www.theblogstarter.com/

But you need serous patience.
I didn't apply for Adsense until after 6 months. I made my first $100 after 11 eleven months of creating the blog.
If you don't have patience and if you can't post something on the blog every single day for a year, just forget it.
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by TemmyT002(m): 10:20pm On Apr 16, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
Teach me naa

This was the link I used :
https://www.theblogstarter.com/

But you need serous patience.
I didn't apply for Adsense until after 6 months. I made my first $100 after 11 eleven months of creating the blog.
If you don't have patience and if you can't post something on the blog every single day for a year, just forget it.
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 11:24pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lamanii22:

grin grin grin what's wrong with nigerian accent?

Nothings "wrong", it's just podcast is like 30 minutes to 4+ hours, not everyone can tolerate my accent for that long, it has to grow on them (or they get use to it). grin

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 11:26pm On Apr 16, 2021
Reex12:
everybody wan turn linda ikeji

She is a success story. Even 1% of her income is okay for me.
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 11:29pm On Apr 16, 2021
OriginalCEO:

@ Bolded cracked me.

You are quite lucky to have those views, there are over 300M websites in the world today people don't want to waste their time surfing each site. It's not easy but you can not just create a website and sit down.

The real work begins when you need to find your target users, get to them (do some research on that), over time, you will build a loyal audience, if that doesn't work then you can consider switching nitch, that your niche is one kind, it would be more tedious and painstaking to blow there ( but what do I know grin)

Whatever the outcome, just make sure you have learnt one or two things, this will help you in your venture. Peace out.
Thanks
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 11:32pm On Apr 16, 2021
TheCalculator:

You could blog on IG too, these days, not really mandatory to have a website

With good and funny content on IG, your followers would grow overtime and then people pay to run advert on your IG page

Great idea. It seems like a lot of work growing a following...
You know, social media is not like Blog that can be found on Google Search (so you have to be active 24/7 and unfortunately, old post to just disappears except you go to that specific profile).
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 11:38pm On Apr 16, 2021
ibietela2:

Better remain where you are, entertainment is worse..

I make a living and employs 10+ via blogging

I don't even think I would enjoy writing about that because those things are not not interesting to me (who is dating who, what happened in Big Brother Naija, writing bout those things would be pure punishment to me).

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2021
mofedamijo:

Get an Instagram account if you don't have one. Post pictures of your stuffs nd include your blog site on your profile. Don't forget to write something very creative on every picture you post.

Do not forget to use the hastags correctly and select the ones with high number of followers.

For example #artlife might have 20 million followers. When you post your pictures, use such creative hastags with high followers. It helps. Then add famous people in the Art field to your account.
You are likely to make it better that way.

Thanks for the suggestion... It's in my ToDo List (even though I already have an account, I need to be more tactical about it).
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 11:46pm On Apr 16, 2021
ednut1:
Its dead. Who get time when blogging dey instagram already

It seems social media is taking the place of blogging cry
The thing is social media is 'flowing'. For example you can't easily find the post from last week published by Punch Newspaper on Facebook (because it has been pushed down and it doesn't show up on search results). That is my frustration with social media (your account must be active all the time or your page would disappear into oblivion).
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 11:54pm On Apr 16, 2021
ainas247:
OP

Blogging is very profitable but you should'nt follow anywhere belle face.
You know today in Nigeria everyone wants to start an Entertainment blog and optimize it with AdSense...

This is what you should do OP

1. pick a niche, health, wealth, relationship, pick sub-niche of these.
2. Buy Your own domain and hosting
3. Go to google and start doing research on what people are searching for.
4. Do keyword research and pick the one you can rank on google first page.

For Example
If your niche is wealth.

how to make money online in Nigeria
affiliate marketing in Nigeria
how to start a business in Nigeria

etc...

Then to monetize this, you can start recommending some products or services
on your blog...

This is what I have done over and over...

You shouldn't expect result in 3 Months
but when it picks it you will enjoy it.

check the result below is less than I started the blog
Jan 1, 2020, and I have been super lazy about it, see the last 1 year clicks

as I am talking to your right now... I started another one in the Insurance industry...

http://insurancecompanyinnigeria.com.ng/

I am not expecting a result in 3 months

I will try to rank on Google, I will be an insurance affiliate.

hope you get it just my 1 cent.

Thanks for the tip, I would consider it (including the affiliate marketing)...

I love the dynamic design of your website however it doesn't feel like a blog (with regular updates) but a website.
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 11:59pm On Apr 16, 2021
hassan4:
Very profitable but do not limit yourself to Nigerians. We have a way of not supporting small businesses. Your friends will feel reluctant following you or your posts unlike foreign folks; so look at a larger audience. Buy real followers regardless of their nationality. Followers from Top countries like the U./S, Australia, Canada, the U.K help you make more USD per impression/click anyways.

Have a YouTube Channel especially for a niche like Arts so like minds will find you, go on Reddit, Have Instagram followers (You're into a visuals already), Twitter and Facebook followers too will help, Run Google Ads, just have a budget of $100 and see the outcome in 3 Months.

Thanks for the tip (it make sense). Even those nations you mentioned has higher return per thousand impression (in ads revenues). Anyway, "no be work o if not the money invested would be wasted"
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 12:02am On Apr 17, 2021
bluefilm:
Blogging is dead.

People don't want to read as much anymore.

The in thing now is Video blogging, AKA Vlogging.

That's my own opinion anyways.

wow
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 12:06am On Apr 17, 2021
Rgade:

I think your niche might be the problem.
Especially considering your locality.
Art? Yeah okay. tongue

Yeah, why I was initially thinking of ways to integrate trending topics with it. Frustrating.
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by faceland: 12:12am On Apr 17, 2021
Let me stop replying before I get banned for spamming (it happened if you make too much comment on a single post or section).

I appreciate all the inputs and trust me, I have taken note... So much work to be done.

Just hoping.
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by AbiolaEsq(f): 2:30am On Apr 17, 2021
Please can someone help my website accepted into AdSense. It was once approved but currently declined. www.loyalnigerianlawyer.com
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by mofedamijo(m): 6:02am On Apr 17, 2021
faceland:

Thanks for the suggestion... It's in my ToDo List (even though I already have an account, I need to be more tactical about it).

Please do.

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by ainas247: 10:45am On Apr 17, 2021
faceland:

Thanks for the tip, I would consider it (including the affiliate marketing)...

I love the dynamic design of your website however it doesn't feel like a blog (with regular updates) but a website.

You are welcome bro,

Yes, that’s the landing page, I started the website a week ago.

I have my first blog post, still working on the post though.

https://insurancecompanyinnigeria.com.ng/insurance-companies-in-nigeria/

You would notice the difference, I will be adding 2 post per week.

And see how this will come out in 3 to 4 months

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Lamanii22(f): 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2021
faceland:

Nothings "wrong", it's just podcast is like 30 minutes to 4+ hours, not everyone can tolerate my accent for that long, it has to grow on them (or they get use to it). grin

grin
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by ibietela2(m): 7:17pm On Apr 17, 2021
Veiniously:

I have been working on my traffic but I am seeing little results how do you work out your seo plan

there are tutorials and articles on that
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Veiniously: 4:32am On Apr 18, 2021
ibietela2:

there are tutorials and articles on that
I know
I am still yet to find the one that will do the magic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! / State In Nigeria As Drop Down / [FREE Guide] Yahoo Bitcoin Investment Latest Format – Step By Step Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.