Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,120 members, 7,849,498 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

The Love For God VS The Love Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Love For God VS The Love Of God (1114 Views)

Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God / Old Testament Murder Count: God Vs. Satan / GOD Vs SATAN, Who Is Winning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Thattallgirl(f): 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

That is why I said the Disciples Attained it, so they could tell us about it which is based on The Law "You can Only Give What You Have"!
Let's use John as an example. Did he strive to attain Jesus' love? He simply called himself the disciple whom Jesus loves. He himself personalized Jesus' love for him. John didn't just do something that made him more special. And yes, u can't give what you don't have. That's why we love because He first loved us
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Thattallgirl(f): 4:30pm On Apr 11, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes I know but, His Record Stands Against Us!
Not against us but for us. It's only by faith can we please God. And faith is to call those things that are not, as though they are. We believed Jesus that's why we accepted Him as our Lord and Savior. And that's by faith. It's by this same faith we believe we're righteous in Christ and that we've been made perfect in Him
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 7:35pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

Laughing! @ " OWNER OR AUTHOR OF RIGHTEOUSNESS"...So, I think we can talk about this once again, at least, just to set the record straight about the GOSPEL TRUTH we share.

You see my friend, I think you should know more about the FLESH.

Kai! Brother, I HATE that evil thing and spirit called flesh and I have no tolerance for it. I see it's works every day and how people are seriously labouring under it. And I find it extremely painful that people even think that they ought to carry that evil baggage.

No reasonable person would like to carry Scorpions in their pockets so also no reasonable person would want to be attached to the flesh at all.

Kingdomtruth:

In your previous comment with the OP that I quoted, you spoke of it as if it was something you could just get rid of, if you wanted.

Yes, we all can if we wanted to. I can surely show how a person does not really wish to be rid of it, I see everyday playing out in the places where it matters the most but because of gains, wickedness, vengeance and many other things that they know they ought not to do, they discard the Word of God that they know and act in accordance with the flesh.

Eg the fastest and popular one how can a person come out from church where he cried and prayed only to enter his car and start cursing another who has obstructed his way?

Or refuses entry to another vehicle trying to depart from the car park?

Patience and kindness and endurance have immediately been left on the chair in church.

If in this little activities they have failed how shall they be able to resist perversion of Judgement or Adultery?

Then they would blame the flesh! It is not the flesh, it is your own personal desire and goal to accomplish a thing that is culprit, that is YOUR TRUEST HEART'S DESIRE!

It is The Law, "He that can not be trusted with little can not be trusted with much!"

Kingdomtruth:

As if disciplining or controlling your mind to obey God's commandments can achieve that either.

It can and it does! All it takes is little steps. Little drops of water fill the drum. A journey to eternity begins with one step.

Defeat one activity at a time and see if you would not go defeating all the other evils.

Remember The Law is also on "the little", "he that can be trusted with little can be trusted with much!"
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 7:53pm On Apr 11, 2021
Thattallgirl:
Let's use John as an example. Did he strive to attain Jesus' love?

Yes! How do we know this? Answer! "if you love me keep my commandments"

Did John and Co abide with this instruction? Answer! Their Works and Books Prove it

Do you see them acting under the influence of the flesh?

Answer! NOT EVER AGAIN!
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 8:04pm On Apr 11, 2021
Thattallgirl:
Not against us but for us. It's only by faith can we please God. And faith is to call those things that are not, as though they are. We believed Jesus that's why we accepted Him as our Lord and Savior. And that's by faith. It's by this same faith we believe we're righteous in Christ and that we've been made perfect in Him

The Bible clearly said that that Record is Against Us, Calling on us to make that record at the least, "be ye Holy as thy heavenly Father is Holy"; "in All things be blameless; let your garments be as white as Snow" is the Only Acceptable Standard.

As James has pointed out it is Faith + Work = Righteousness/Blamelessness/Holiness✓

Not Faith= Righteousness/Blameless/Holiness X which can not be attained without Work!
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Thattallgirl(f): 9:27pm On Apr 11, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes! How do we know this? Answer! "if you love me keep my commandments"

Did John and Co abide with this instruction? Answer! Their Works and Books Prove it

Do you see them acting under the influence of the flesh?

Answer! NOT EVER AGAIN!
One question. Did the disciples not have another life apart from following Jesus? (I mean was it recorded that they followed Him 24/7?)
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Thattallgirl(f): 9:30pm On Apr 11, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Bible clearly said that that Record is Against Us, Calling on us to make that record at the least, "be ye Holy as thy heavenly Father is Holy"; "in All things be blameless; let your garments be as white as Snow" is the Only Acceptable Standard.

As James has pointed out it is Faith + Work = Righteousness/Blamelessness/Holiness✓

Not Faith= Righteousness/Blameless/Holiness X which can not be attained without Work!

So why did Philippians 2:13 say it is God who works in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure? Shouldn't it say our "work" should be solely on us?
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Kingdomtruth: 11:47pm On Apr 11, 2021
Thattallgirl:

Please don't you ever let-go of this TRUTH...Hold on to it, and it will surely see you through. Praying for more GRACE on you in Jesus' name
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Kingdomtruth: 11:52pm On Apr 11, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Kai! Brother, I HATE that evil thing and spirit called flesh and I have no tolerance for it. I see it's works every day and how people are seriously labouring under it. And I find it extremely painful that people even think that they ought to carry that evil baggage.

No reasonable person would like to carry Scorpions in their pockets so also no reasonable person would want to be attached to the flesh at all.

Yes, we all can if we wanted to. I can surely show how a person does not really wish to be rid of it, I see everyday playing out in the places where it matters the most but because of gains, wickedness, vengeance and many other things that they know they ought not to do, they discard the Word of God that they know and act in accordance with the flesh.

Eg the fastest and popular one how can a person come out from church where he cried and prayed only to enter his car and start cursing another who has obstructed his way?

Or refuses entry to another vehicle trying to depart from the car park?

Patience and kindness and endurance have immediately been left on the chair in church.

If in this little activities they have failed how shall they be able to resist perversion of Judgement or Adultery?

Then they would blame the flesh! It is not the flesh, it is your own personal desire and goal to accomplish a thing that is culprit, that is YOUR TRUEST HEART'S DESIRE!

It is The Law, "He that can not be trusted with little can not be trusted with much!"

It can and it does! All it takes is little steps. Little drops of water fill the drum. A journey to eternity begins with one step.

Defeat one activity at a time and see if you would not go defeating all the other evils.

Remember The Law is also on "the little", "he that can be trusted with little can be trusted with much!"

Hmmm! please if you don't mind, I'd like to know your understanding about the SACRIFICE of Christ on the CROSS...Thanks
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 3:57am On Apr 12, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

Hmmm! please if you don't mind, I'd like to know your understanding about the SACRIFICE of Christ on the CROSS...Thanks

The Sacrifice on The Cross is A Provision, As was the Other Earlier Provisions of Unblemished Lamb Both Given Upon the Direction and Instruction of God, in Line with The Law of Holiness which is Connected to The Law of Sin Offering.

For A Sinner can not be Holy and the Holy, has No Sin!

Thus, God Provided A Way by which the Sinner can be made Holy and it is not Allowed for the Holy TO DO ANY WRONG THING, For that is what it means to be Holy!

Therefore, the Sacrifice on the Cross was meant to Cure the Defect and Destruction of the Sacrifice of Lamb Offerings which was because the Sacrificor, the Levites/Priests were also Sinners, for the Sacrifice of A Sinner can not be Acceptable to God, therefore there was none Holy to stand before God on behalf of a Sinner.

Hence, The Lord Came to fill that Broken Gap for us to be Holy.
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 4:53am On Apr 12, 2021
Thattallgirl:
So why did Philippians 2:13 say it is God who works in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure? Shouldn't it say our "work" should be solely on us?

Has He not finished working? Remember, He said "it is Finished"

If His Work is Finished why are we not finished? (if we say the Truth to ourselves for surely, we know that we are not finished, for if we were we would not ever say "due to our human nature, we still fail Or "make mistakes", For the Finished Work of Christ can never fall or make mistakes.

Thus, the reasonable question which I asked was that "Do we have our own work to do, with which we are to Complete and Compliment the Work Already Done by Christ?

Answer, Yes, Philippians 2:12, "NOW LET US WORK OUT OUR SALVATION with fear and trembling"

Romans 2:13 "(for not the hearers of The Law are Just before God, BUT THE DOERS OF THE LAW SHALL BE JUST-FILLED (JUSTIFIED)"

1 Peter 2:11 "Dearly Beloved, I beseech you... Abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul"!

Who is to do the work of "Abstaining"? Answer You and I and all men, The Work of Christ is Finished, Ours has just begun so that we can complete and balance the circle of Love which God has poured towards us!
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 5:13am On Apr 12, 2021
Thattallgirl:
One question. Did the disciples not have another life apart from following Jesus? (I mean was it recorded that they followed Him 24/7?)

Their Primary Work was to be "Fishers of Men"
as their Employer, Christ, had engaged them thus, they Followed Christ 24/7 and they were catered for in accordance to The Law of the Levites!

We on the hand have need for work but nevertheless, we are not permitted to fall short of The Law as shown by John the Baptist in Luke 3:13 and 14 when he taught

12Then came also publicans to be baptized, and said unto him, Master, WHAT SHALL WE DO?[/b]13And he said unto them, Exact no more than that which is appointed you.

14And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, [b]And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

Are all these not The Commandments in Exodus, Leviticus and Deuteronomy?
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Thattallgirl(f): 9:28am On Apr 12, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

Please don't you ever let-go of this TRUTH...Hold on to it, and it will surely see you through. Praying for more GRACE on you in Jesus' name
Amen thank you
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Thattallgirl(f): 9:50am On Apr 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Has He not finished working? Remember, He said "it is Finished"

If His Work is Finished why are we not finished? (if we say the Truth to ourselves for surely, we know that we are not finished, for if we were we would not ever say "due to our human nature, we still fail Or "make mistakes", For the Finished Work of Christ can never fall or make mistakes.

Thus, the reasonable question which I asked was that "Do we have our own work to do, with which we are to Complete and Compliment the Work Already Done by Christ?

Answer, Yes, Philippians 2:12, "NOW LET US WORK OUT OUR SALVATION with fear and trembling"

Romans 2:13 "(for not the hearers of The Law are Just before God, BUT THE DOERS OF THE LAW SHALL BE JUST-FILLED (JUSTIFIED)"

1 Peter 2:11 "Dearly Beloved, I beseech you... Abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul"!

Who is to do the work of "Abstaining"? Answer You and I and all men, The Work of Christ is Finished, Ours has just begun so that we can complete and balance the circle of Love which God has poured towards us!

Lol you quoted Philippians 2:12, when the next verse is God who works in us.
And Romans 2:13? That's for the Jews but since u quoted it then no problem. I want u to read the full chapter then...

14 Even Gentiles, who do not have God’s written law, show that they know his law when they instinctively obey it, even without having heard it. 15 They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right
29 No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by the Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise[d] from God, not from people

And lastly, if u believe our work has just begun since Christ's work is finished, then read Colossians 2:10. But if you still believe otherwise, then that's you.
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Thattallgirl(f): 9:55am On Apr 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Their Primary Work was to be "Fishers of Men"
as their Employer, Christ, had engaged them thus, they Followed Christ 24/7 and they were catered for in accordance to The Law of the Levites!

We on the hand have need for work but nevertheless, we are not permitted to fall short of The Law as shown by John the Baptist in Luke 3:13 and 14 when he taught

12Then came also publicans to be baptized, and said unto him, Master, WHAT SHALL WE DO?[/b]13And he said unto them, Exact no more than that which is appointed you.

14And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, [b]And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

Are all these not The Commandments in Exodus, Leviticus and Deuteronomy?

You didn't answer my question. You said the disciples obeyed the commandments and were perfect in it and didn't fall short. We all know Peter had a mother-in-law, definitely had a wife. Are you saying they didn't have a home to go to after moving with Christ? Cos I don't think it's written there that they were with Christ 24/7. And if they weren't with Him 24/7 then not all parts of their lives were written in the Bible. So how then do u know or are you certain that they didn't sin or break a command?
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 10:51am On Apr 12, 2021
Thattallgirl:
You didn't answer my question. You said the disciples obeyed the commandments and were perfect in it and didn't fall short. We all know Peter had a mother-in-law, definitely had a wife. Are you saying they didn't have a home to go to after moving with Christ? Cos I don't think it's written there that they were with Christ 24/7. And if they weren't with Him 24/7 then not all parts of their lives were written in the Bible. So how then do u know or are you certain that they didn't sin or break a command?

Did you not read that Peter and the disciples and Christ went to visit his mother-in-law? Does that not show that he was not around them?
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 11:10am On Apr 12, 2021
Thattallgirl:
Lol you quoted Philippians 2:12, when the next verse is God who works in us.

cheesy Yes, I did which is why I answered has God not Finished His Work? Have we done ours as Philippians 2:12 says?

Thattallgirl:

And Romans 2:13? That's for the Jews but since u quoted it then no problem. I want u to read the full chapter then...

14 Even Gentiles, who do not have God’s written law, show that they know his law when they instinctively obey it, even without having heard it. 15 They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right
29 No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by the Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise[d] from God, not from people

And lastly, if u believe our work has just begun since Christ's work is finished, then read Colossians 2:10. But if you still believe otherwise, then that's you.

Do you not see that you still stake thyself and prove what I am saying through the highlighted?

Did you not verily say
"...show that THEY KNOW HIS LAW when they instinctively obey it;

They demonstrate (Prove) that God’s law is written in their hearts

"rather, it is a change of heart produced by the Spirit.[/b]" if any still does and says "due to our human nature, we still fail Or "make mistakes", can such be reasonably said to be a changed heart?

I say no difference, you are still the same Natural Sin-filled man!

And you can not be complete with Him based on Colossians 2:10 you presented, if your heart is not Truly changed!
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Kingdomtruth: 11:22am On Apr 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Sacrifice on The Cross is A Provision, As was the Other Earlier Provisions of Unblemished Lamb Both Given Upon the Direction and Instruction of God, in Line with The Law of Holiness which is Connected to The Law of Sin Offering.

For A Sinner can not be Holy and the Holy, has No Sin!

Thus, God Provided A Way by which the Sinner can be made Holy and it is not Allowed for the Holy TO DO ANY WRONG THING, For that is what it means to be Holy!

Therefore, the Sacrifice on the Cross was meant to Cure the Defect and Destruction of the Sacrifice of Lamb Offerings which was because the Sacrificor, the Levites/Priests were also Sinners, for the Sacrifice of A Sinner can not be Acceptable to God, therefore there was none Holy to stand before God on behalf of a Sinner.

Hence, The Lord Came to fill that Broken Gap for us to be Holy.

Good morning brother/sister. Trust you are doing great today.

Thanks for that brilliant response up there...However, I just want to learn in your own understanding, according to the GOSPEL that you BELIEVE; how God provided the way for us who were or are still SINNERS to be made HOLY and how He put to rest, the SACRIFICE of LAMBS since they were not able to make us HOLY as it were. Just the way you posited up there...Thanks my friend
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Thattallgirl(f): 11:42am On Apr 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Did you not read that Peter and the disciples and Christ went to visit his mother-in-law? Does that not show that he was not around them?
So it is written that Jesus was with Peter's family all through?
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Thattallgirl(f): 11:53am On Apr 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

cheesy Yes, I did which is why I answered has God not Finished His Work? Have we done ours as Philippians 2:12 says?

Do you not see that you still stake thyself and prove what I am saying through the highlighted?

Did you not verily say
"...show that THEY KNOW HIS LAW when they instinctively obey it;

They demonstrate (Prove) that God’s law is written in their hearts

"rather, it is a change of heart produced by the Spirit.[/b]" if any still does and says "due to our human nature, we still fail Or "make mistakes", can such be reasonably said to be a changed heart?

I say no difference, you are still the same Natural Sin-filled man!

And you can not be complete with Him based on Colossians 2:10 you presented, if your heart is not Truly changed!
They know His law even though they've not heard it. So how? Cos don't they teach law back then? How did they know it without hearing it?

So you believe if we have a change of mind by the Spirit, there's no way we can still fail? Maybe you don't understand what the Bible means by "complete in Christ". Lemme give u an example. Let's use Noah for example. While inside the ark, with the water pushing the ark back and forth, do you not think Noah would've maybe fallen due to the waves? And if he did, did he fall outside the ark or inside the ark? Definitely inside the ark. When you're in Christ and you fall or make mistakes, you're still in Christ.

And you said Jesus work is finished so we have to finish ours. Who did Jesus come to save? Why did Jesus come? Isn't it for we humans? Why did Jesus need to fulfill the law, isn't He already perfect? So why? Isn't it to fulfill the law for us? To finish the work for us? So that only through Him can we be made complete and perfect
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 11:55am On Apr 12, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

Good morning brother/sister. Trust you are doing great today.

Thanks for that brilliant response up there...

Good morning brother, my days are Good thanks to the Great Goodness of God.

I am male by the way and I am thankful you appreciate my response even if you may have reservations or disagree with it, but I do appreciate it all the same.

Kingdomtruth:

However, I just want to learn in your own understanding, according to the GOSPEL that you BELIEVE; how God provided the way for us who were or are still SINNERS to be made HOLY and how He put to rest, the SACRIFICE of LAMBS since they were not able to make us HOLY as it were. Just the way you posited up there...Thanks my friend

The first thing that is should be appreciated is that, First, we are Sinners, born to be sinners, fashioned to be sinners and in fact, the world would not have us any other way Except We Are Sinners, then will they "love" us and "accept" us.

Therefore, how are we not Already Guilty of Sin and liable to the Adverse Judgement of God, if we are Charged before God's Court?

It is a case of, we are guilty as charged! And as a lawyer, I can tell you that A Sinner makes his matter worse in attempting to defend himself for he shall increase the Anger of the Court and Increase the severity of his Judgement, when his D'Fence which is not backed by Law (as Lawyer Paul says "without Law"wink Falls and Fails!

Thus, there is only one good move the sinner can make in Court, which is to play for Mercy!

Now, God knows that and He therefore gave us Mercy on Advance, Before the Court is convened!

And what is this Mercy? The Law of Sin Offering to be undertaken by All Sinners so that we may not be Charged be God's Court or be Found to have had a D'Fence in Law should we be Accused and Charged in Court.

Which is why Lawyer Paul said "that we may found blameless" for it is He who broke no Law, who is blameless!
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 11:56am On Apr 12, 2021
Thattallgirl:
So it is written that Jesus was with Peter's family all through?

After the healing of Peter's mother in law, did they not depart?
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 12:23pm On Apr 12, 2021
Thattallgirl:
They know His law even though they've not heard it. So how? Cos don't they teach law back then? How did they know it without hearing it?

Now we are getting way out of the issue.

Thattallgirl:

So you believe if we have a change of mind by the Spirit, there's no way we can still fail?

Yes! And my fastest answer comes from Kirk Franklin's song where the Spirit is

"Where the Spirit of the Lord is
There is liberty
Where the Spirit of the Lord is
The captives are set free
The wounded are made whole
I'll find rest for my soul

Where the Spirit is
There is liberty"

Remember The Law "By their Fruit ye shall know them"? Thus,

But the fruit of the Spirit is [b]love, joy, peace, Longsuffering, gentleness, Goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance[/b]: AGAINST SUCH THERE IS NO LAW. Legal Interpretation, (There is No law which says that you should not do these things, NEITHER can there be Any) Galatians 5:22-23

So as you can see, there is No Failure or Mistake provided here or Any where The Spirit of The Lord is! None at All!
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Kingdomtruth: 1:19pm On Apr 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Good morning brother, my days are Good thanks to the Great Goodness of God.

I am male by the way and I am thankful you appreciate my response even if you may have reservations or disagree with it, but I do appreciate it all the same.

The first thing that is should be appreciated is that, First, we are Sinners, born to be sinners, fashioned to be sinners and in fact, the world would not have us any other way Except We Are Sinners, then will they "love" us and "accept" us.

Therefore, how are we not Already Guilty of Sin and liable to the Adverse Judgement of God, if we are Charged before God's Court?

It is a case of, we are guilty as charged! And as a lawyer, I can tell you that A Sinner makes his matter worse in attempting to defend himself for he shall increase the Anger of the Court and Increase the severity of his Judgement, when his D'Fence which is not backed by Law (as Lawyer Paul says "without Law"wink Falls and Fails!

Thus, there is only one good move the sinner can make in Court, which is to play for Mercy!

Now, God knows that and He therefore gave us Mercy on Advance, Before the Court is convened!

And what is this Mercy? The Law of Sin Offering to be undertaken by All Sinners so that we may not be Charged be God's Court or be Found to have had a D'Fence in Law should we be Accused and Charged in Court.

Which is why Lawyer Paul said "that we may found blameless" for it is He who broke no Law, who is blameless!

So, in essence, you are saying that: one can be saved and eventually live in RIGHTEOUSNESS by obeying God without necessarily becoming DEATH to the FLESH? is that your position?
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

So, in essence, you are saying that: one can be saved and eventually live in RIGHTEOUSNESS by obeying God without necessarily becoming DEATH to the FLESH? is that your position?

I am saying One lives Righteously ONLY BY Obeying The Laws of God which when done properly and Truthfully, shall further make you Dead to the flesh and in the flesh!
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Thattallgirl(f): 2:05pm On Apr 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Now we are getting way out of the issue.

Yes! And my fastest answer comes from Kirk Franklin's song where the Spirit is

"Where the Spirit of the Lord is
There is liberty
Where the Spirit of the Lord is
The captives are set free
The wounded are made whole
I'll find rest for my soul

Where the Spirit is
There is liberty"

Remember The Law "By their Fruit ye shall know them"? Thus,

But the fruit of the Spirit is [b]love, joy, peace, Longsuffering, gentleness, Goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance[/b]: AGAINST SUCH THERE IS NO LAW. Legal Interpretation, (There is No law which says that you should not do these things, NEITHER can there be Any) Galatians 5:22-23

So as you can see, there is No Failure or Mistake provided here or Any where The Spirit of The Lord is! None at All!

No we're not getting way out of the issue. It's a simple question based on the verse you quoted.

And yup, the fruit of the Spirit produces all that you listed up there. But did it say the fruit of the flesh or the fruit of the Spirit? It's only through the Spirit of God in us can we produce all that...not by our efforts or works but by the Spirit. The Holy Spirit is perfection and like Philippians 2:12 says, He works in us. I believe that "works" is a continuous thing. Or you, having the Spirit of God in you, haven't you made mistakes? Or you don't have the Spirit of God in you? cheesy
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Thattallgirl(f): 2:12pm On Apr 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Exactly. You're not getting what I'm asking. I'm asking you that didn't the disciples have a different life apart from following Jesus to places? Didn't they have wives or homes to rest before following Jesus the next day? And the answer is yes, cos even the Bible didn't record other days of Jesus. The whole 3and a half years He used for ministry wasn't all recorded there. There's one part of the Bible that says the world cannot contain all the miracles of Jesus. So if the Bible doesn't have the complete detail, who's to say the disciples didn't sin? Cos their lives apart from following Jesus wasn't recorded.

You're saying they were perfect cos they obeyed all the laws, how do you know that? Do you know whether Peter shouted at his wife one morning? Or had a quarrel with his children one afternoon? Or other disciples too?
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Thattallgirl(f): 2:13pm On Apr 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Or if the disciples were so perfect, how come Peter denied Jesus 3 times? Didn't Jesus say whoever disowns Him will be disowned by the Father? Didn't Peter sin? Was he still perfect?
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Kingdomtruth: 2:43pm On Apr 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I am saying One lives Righteously ONLY BY Obeying The Laws of God which when done properly and Truthfully, shall further make you Dead to the flesh and in the flesh!

OK. so do you believe in the SPIRIT of God. if yes.
Do you then believe that you have it in you as a Christian or a child of God?
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 2:48pm On Apr 12, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

OK. so do you believe in the SPIRIT of God. if yes.
Do you then believe that you have it in you as a Christian or a child of God?

Yes, I do!
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Kingdomtruth: 2:58pm On Apr 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes, I do!

Nice. Lastly, so how did you receive the SPIRIT in you? what and what exactly did you do to receive the GIFT of the SPIRIT?...Thanks
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 2:59pm On Apr 12, 2021
Thattallgirl:
Or if the disciples were so perfect, how come Peter denied Jesus 3 times? Didn't Jesus say whoever disowns Him will be disowned by the Father? Didn't Peter sin? Was he still perfect?

Again, you have departed from the Issue for you verily well knew that An award is only given at the end of a matter and I was speaking from their ends hence why I earlier said

Mark the Perfect man and behold the Upright; for the end of that man is Peace." Psalm 37:37.

"The Law of his God is in his heart; NONE OF HIS STEPS STEPS SHALL SLIDE! verse 31.

And you did not challenge it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Right To Marry A Divorcee: Pastor Chris / Eguavoen Reacts To Prophet Ayodele Prophecy / Shiloh 2022: Covenant Highways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.