Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,196 members, 7,849,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:23 AM

The Love For God VS The Love Of God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Love For God VS The Love Of God (1125 Views)

Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God / Old Testament Murder Count: God Vs. Satan / GOD Vs SATAN, Who Is Winning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

Nice. Lastly, so how did you receive the SPIRIT in you? what and what exactly did you do to receive the GIFT of the SPIRIT?...Thanks

Respectfully, I do not think that I should give you the answer here in Public for now you have delved into Private Matters that are not for Public Consumption!
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 3:31pm On Apr 12, 2021
Thattallgirl:
Exactly. You're not getting what I'm asking. I'm asking you that didn't the disciples have a different life apart from following Jesus to places? Didn't they have wives or homes to rest before following Jesus the next day? And the answer is yes, cos even the Bible didn't record other days of Jesus. The whole 3and a half years He used for ministry wasn't all recorded there. There's one part of the Bible that says the world cannot contain all the miracles of Jesus. So if the Bible doesn't have the complete detail, who's to say the disciples didn't sin? Cos their lives from following Jesus wasn't recorded.

Now you are hiding "in the darkness of the Bible not containing the complete details", you can raise it up against me who does not have the True details of all that transpired but in A Court of God, it has never been A D'fence that "I sinned because, Peter Sinned, if not ask Adam/Eve, Ananias/Sapphira or Israel and the heathens.

Thattallgirl:

You're saying they were perfect cos they obeyed all the laws, how do you know that? Do you know whether Peter shouted at his wife one morning? Or had a quarrel with his children one afternoon? Or other disciples too?

It is Written "better the end than the beginning thereof"

Mark the Perfect man and behold the Upright; for the end of that man is Peace." Psalm 37:37.

With this I know this conversation has come to a proper end!

Thank you for at least engaging me!
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Kingdomtruth: 4:05pm On Apr 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Respectfully, I do not think that I should give you the answer here in Public for now you have delved into Private Matters that are not for Public Consumption!

Alright bro, and I respect your decision and privacy...However, I do strongly BELIEVE more than anything according to the GOSPEL TRUTH, as found in the HOLY BIBLE, that ONLY: by FAITH(BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS) can we be SAVED. And we are SAVED and are called God's CHILDREN ONLY by the power of the SPIRIT in us that we receive ONLY through our UNION with Christ Jesus. Just as you can fine in the following scriptures:

Ephesians 2:8-9
John 3:14-15
John 3:16
John 11:25-26 and many more.

See bro, this is how it works.
we first BELIEVE(FAITH) in the message of the GOSPEL, then we also BELIEVE SINCERELY in our hearts:

that JESUS CHRIST died and was raised by God.

Then, we confess SINCERELY that Christ is LORD(the LORD of everything in heaven, on earth and in the world below).

After this, the SPIRIT automatically comes into us and baptises or marries Himself to our HEARTS(and that's what it means to be in union with CHRIST).

The reason He marries Himself to our HEARTS is so that: we too might share in His DEATH to our HUMAN NATURE(FLESH) as He did to His, on the CROSS. And also enable us to share in His resurrection to a brand NEW LIFE in Christ.

Note at this point that: though, we are freed from the FLESH and have received the nature of CHRIST (HOLY SPIRIT) because we share in the DEATH of CHRIST on the CROSS by that, we still carry our OLD HEARTS. The very one that was married and baptised to the FLESH before this experience. Hence, the reason why we still behave sometimes according to the FLESH(SIN) that we were bornt in and became used to all our lives before our union with Christ. Note also that: the SPIRIT is also underdeveloped (young) in us and needed to be grown into maturity with the WORD of God and by dwelling in His presence, before we can reach SPIRITUAL MATURITY unto the FULLNESS of the perfect image of the status of Christ Jesus. As we grow the SPIRIT in us through the WORD of God, we become fully submerged and PERFECT like Christ Jesus because of the FULLNESS of His SPIRIT in us...Note finally that: while our salvation is an IMMEDIATE experience, our SPIRITUAL GROWTH process is GRADUAL, until we fully become like Christ Jesus...I pray you see this with your SPIRITUAL EYES in Jesus' name. Thanks bro
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Thattallgirl(f): 4:46pm On Apr 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Now you are hiding "in the darkness of the Bible not containing the complete details", you can raise it up against me who does not have the True details of all that transpired but in A Court of God, it has never been A D'fence that "I sinned because, Peter Sinned, if not ask Adam/Eve, Ananias/Sapphira or Israel and the heathens.

It is Written "better the end than the beginning thereof"

Mark the Perfect man and behold the Upright; for the end of that man is Peace." Psalm 37:37.

With this I know this conversation has come to a proper end!

Thank you for at least engaging me!
Dtruthspeaker:

Again, you have departed from the Issue for you verily well knew that An award is only given at the end of a matter and I was speaking from their ends hence why I earlier said

"The Law of his God is in his heart; NONE OF HIS STEPS STEPS SHALL SLIDE! verse 31.

And you did not challenge it.
Lol it's fine. You're in denial. I ask questions based on what verses you quote but when u feel like you're in a corner, you try to avoid it by bringing something else. And this last two verses... even you said that the Holy Spirit in us produces fruits in us. And I asked u if it's fruit of works or flesh that the verse wrote but you didn't challenge it either. And yes the Holy Spirit makes one perfect in Christ Jesus only.

And this last verse? cheesy thank God it's written there that God's law is in his heart...not on paper or by someone telling them do this or do that. And Romans 2:13 that I explained,I asked you that if they didn't hear the law but know the law, how did that happen but u couldn't answer cheesy

And you're welcome...had a good time in our conversation.
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 6:46pm On Apr 12, 2021
Thattallgirl:
Lol it's fine. You're in denial. I ask questions based on what verses you quote but when u feel like you're in a corner, you try to avoid it by bringing something else

No sis, it is because those ancillary issues go into another set of Lenghty Disputes which will certainly take us very far away from the issue at hand.

And if this is issue has gone this long already, I certainly will not be willing to go into another lengthy dispute today. I know that in another day and another thread we would have course to examine them on their own force.

Thattallgirl:

. Andr this last two verses... even you said that the Holy Spirit in us produces fruits in us. And I asked u if it's fruit of works or flesh that the verse wrote but you didn't challenge it either. And yes the Holy Spirit makes one perfect in Christ Jesus only.

I know you are very well aware of the works of the flesh clearly elucidated in Romans and Galatians, which you summed up and referred to in the words "due to our human nature, we still fail/it isn't perfect cos we still make mistakes."

And this is where the division is for the fruits of the flesh and the fruits of the Spirit are Opposing and Contrary.

But man is the one fountain that I have have seen bringing forth both Sweet and Bitter waters or bearing both good and evil fruits, which is Against The Law - "A good tree beareth good fruits and an evil tree, evil fruits"

Thus, this is the issue, Shall a fountain bringing forth both bitter and sweet waters from the same place be Acceptable by God?

Thattallgirl:

And this last verse? cheesy thank God it's written there that God's law is in his heart...not on paper or by someone telling them do this or do that. And Romans 2:13 that I explained,I asked you that if they didn't hear the law but know the law, how did that happen but u couldn't answer cheesy

And you're welcome...had a good time in our conversation.

This is a departure from the issue and you verily know the answer but you wish to use me to raise up what you imagine is a d'fence in Hebrews 10:16-27, which is not, it is rather your condemnation!

But, if you want to see that imagined d'fence fall raise it up a thread tomorrow evening when I and other lawyers here can burst it wide open or establish it.
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 7:00pm On Apr 12, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

Note at this point that: though, we are freed from the FLESH and have received the nature of CHRIST (HOLY SPIRIT) because we share in the DEATH of CHRIST on the CROSS by that, we still carry our OLD HEARTS.

And this is your K.O at the highlighted "The Nature of Christ"

Are we not supposed to be Christ-Like not just only receiving and having his nature? (Be the perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect is The Law)

If you "carry your old hearts" how can you be like Christ?

Did Christ have any of your old heart fruits?

Is your "old heart" compatible with Christ?

The Law is "Be Perfect as thy heavenly Father is Perfect"

You have the duty and obligation to Be Perfect in Following after Christ and not resting on your bums!
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Kingdomtruth: 1:02pm On Apr 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

And this is your K.O at the highlighted "The Nature of Christ"

Are we not supposed to be Christ-Like not just only receiving and having his nature? (Be the perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect is The Law)

Yes, we are christ like already because we have His nature in us. But In the very comment you quoted, I told you that: while our salvation is IMMEDIATE, our becoming PERFECT like Christ is not IMMEDIATE but GRADUAL. The reason for this, is because we were bornt and brought up in the FLESH. But Christ in the opposite was bornt and brought up in HOLINESS. And He came to the world to transfer His life of HOLINESS to us who were all our lives UNHOLY. Hence, that life transfer from our UNHOLINESS to His HOLINESS will take time through our many falling and rising, trying to learn everything about Him until we finally become perfect like Him.

If you "carry your old hearts" how can you be like Christ?

That is why God joined our OLD HEARTS and HIS HEART together in what is called UNION WITH CHRIST. The reason is for us to learn everything about Him through our UNION with Him in order to become as PERFECT as He is.

Did Christ have any of your old heart fruits?

NO...Because He was never a carrier of the FLESH. He only decided to later share it(the FLESH) because of YOU and I for the purpose of DEATH in order to set us FREE. And after the CROSS EXPERIENCE, He together with us have become FREE from the FLESH till date.

Is your "old heart" compatible with Christ?

NO.

The Law is "Be Perfect as thy heavenly Father is Perfect"

And i just explained to you that: it is GRADUAL. As we continue to BEHOLD Him, we shall certainly become PERFECT like Him.

You have the duty and obligation to Be Perfect in Following after Christ and not resting on your bums!

Not by our STRENGTH my brother, but by His GRACE...GOOD AFTERNOON TO YOU

Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

Yes, we are christ like already because we have His nature in us. But In the very comment you quoted, I told you that: while our salvation is IMMEDIATE, our becoming PERFECT like Christ is not IMMEDIATE but GRADUAL

The highlighted is what I have been hammering on, for in it you have clearly admitted that we are not Perfect, which was what I have been going on about, thus let us all strive to be Perfect and Sinless as Christ!

Good afternoon brother!
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Kingdomtruth: 3:16pm On Apr 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The highlighted is what I have been hammering on, for in it you have clearly admitted that we are not Perfect, which was what I have been going on about, thus let us all strive to be Perfect and Sinless as Christ!

Good afternoon brother!

And by striving to become perfect and sinless, you think you can do it by your STRENGTH without the HOLY SPIRIT?
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 3:37pm On Apr 13, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

And by striving to become perfect and sinless, you think you can do it by your STRENGTH without the HOLY SPIRIT?

You said it, "we have His nature in us" Exactly as Written "God with Us", "In him was life; and the life was the light of men." therefore, I can Love The Lord my God, With All My Heart, And with All My Soul and WITH ALL MY STRENGTH including using the Strength of The Lord!
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Kingdomtruth: 4:21pm On Apr 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You said it, "we have His nature in us" Exactly as Written "God with Us", "In him was life; and the life was the light of men." therefore, I can Love The Lord my God, With All My Heart, And with All My Soul and WITH ALL MY STRENGTH including using the Strength of The Lord!

Even the scripture you quoted up there talks about the SPIRIT too...Well, I'm not trying to impose my believe on you. I believe that it is by FAITH alone through the SPIRIT that we are put right with God. But it is OK if you have a different believe than this...This is what I believe in and I do not have any reason whatsoever, to believe otherwise... A quick advise: Just hold on to what you believe and I will do same...However, I'll continue to pray for God's TRUTH to be revealed to all of us in Jesus' name.
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

Even the scripture you quoted up there talks about the SPIRIT too...Well, I'm not trying to impose my believe on you. I believe that it is by FAITH alone through the SPIRIT that we are put right with God. But it is OK if you have a different believe than this...This is what I believe in and I do not have any reason whatsoever, to believe otherwise... A quick advise: Just hold on to what you believe and I will do same...However, I'll continue to pray for God's TRUTH to be revealed to all of us in Jesus' name.

Yes it is Truly by Faith but I bet that beyond the Definition of Faith, you do not Truly know the Practical and Usufactory Application of it, just like Thattallgirl, or do you?
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Kingdomtruth: 10:30pm On Apr 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes it is Truly by Faith but I bet that beyond the Definition of Faith, you do not Truly know the Practical and Usufactory Application of it, just like Thattallgirl, or do you?

well, there is nothing to be applied for in the first place. As I do not live by any rule, regulation or ritual as far as my faith and life in Christ is...My FAITH is in Christ and Him crucified alone. He is the LIFE that I live and my one desire, is to continue to behold Him and His example everyday in order to become conformed to His image and likeness...So, I do not have to know how to apply anything. I live by GRACE
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 6:21am On Apr 14, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

well, there is nothing to be applied for in the first place. As I do not live by any rule, regulation or ritual as far as my faith and life in Christ is...My FAITH is in Christ and Him crucified alone. He is the LIFE that I live and my one desire, is to continue to behold Him and His example everyday in order to become conformed to His image and likeness...So, I do not have to know how to apply anything. I live by GRACE

Thereby Proving My Point that beyond the Definition of it, You Do not Know the Application of Faith by the Living and as you have Truly Confessed Above neither did y care to Know About it, or rather you were not able to figure out what it Truly and Practically means, As Abraham Did.

It is sufficient for you to just use your living for living sakes and living "outside" The Law ("As I do not live by any rule"wink meanwhile, "Outside" The Law is still Covered by Law, ditto: "The Law that says that you are Outside The Law!"

But it is your own bed you make and you shall lay on it as you have made it.

However, it is Established and Written that Abraham, LIVED by Faith and living is and has always been A PRACTICAL ACTIVITY REQUIRING ACTIONS and CERTAIN OTHER ACTIONS!

It is Written "My people perish for lack of knowledge; where No Counsel is, the people fall"

Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach A Just Man, and he will increase in learning.
but fools reject (despise) wisdom and instruction.

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

These and Many More, are The Laws I Choose to Consciously and Willfully Live By, not just just living for living sakes or as some others would say, "not just existing"!

I Choose to Consciously and Willfully Live and not just live because I have been given life to live!
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Kingdomtruth: 10:33am On Apr 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Thereby Proving My Point that beyond the Definition of it, You Do not Know the Application of Faith by the Living and as you have Truly Confessed Above neither did y care to Know About it, or rather you were not able to figure out what it Truly and Practically means, As Abraham Did.

It is sufficient for you to just use your living for living sakes and living "outside" The Law ("As I do not live by any rule"wink meanwhile, "Outside" The Law is still Covered by Law, ditto: "The Law that says that you are Outside The Law!"

But it is your own bed you make and you shall lay on it as you have made it.

However, it is Established and Written that Abraham, LIVED by Faith and living is and has always been A PRACTICAL ACTIVITY REQUIRING ACTIONS and CERTAIN OTHER ACTIONS!

It is Written "My people perish for lack of knowledge; where No Counsel is, the people fall"

Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach A Just Man, and he will increase in learning.
but fools reject (despise) wisdom and instruction.

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

These and Many More, are The Laws I Choose to Consciously and Willfully Live By, not just just living for living sakes or as some others would say, "not just existing"!

I Choose to Consciously and Willfully Live and not just live because I have been given life to live!

Good morning bro.

Like I said before, it's a good thing that you have your SURE way that you BELIEVE is the GOSPEL TRUTH, I equally do though differently. I advise that you stick to what you believe in and I will do same. Wishing that we'll all come to know the TRUTH one day i PRAY in Jesus' name...Stay well brother
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 11:17am On Apr 14, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

Good morning bro.

Like I said before, it's a good thing that you have your SURE way that you BELIEVE is the GOSPEL TRUTH, I equally do though differently. I advise that you stick to what you believe in and I will do same. Wishing that we'll all come to know the TRUTH one day i PRAY in Jesus' name...Stay well brother

Good morning my brother, I hear you loud and clear but I am beseeching you and begging you and everyone else out here, that the way you go, which is in Contravention of Any of God's Law, Is Wrong and you would be Condemned There by The Law which you could have kept but you failed to do so. What in Law is Called the Sin of Omission!
Re: The Love For God VS The Love Of God by Kingdomtruth: 11:46am On Apr 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Good morning my brother, I hear you loud and clear but I am beseeching you and begging you and everyone else out here, that the way you go, which is in Contravention of Any of God's Law, Is Wrong and you would be Condemned There by The Law which you could have kept but you failed to do so. What in Law is Called the Sin of Omission!

Alright, thanks for the advise bro. Stay bless...Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Checkout The Largest Church Structure In The World. The Ark. Photos And Video / American Church Culture Immoral, Says Study / Blessed For A Purpose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.