Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,101 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:16 AM

Is Tattooing A Sin Against God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Tattooing A Sin Against God? (357 Views)

Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? / Why Is It Unforgivable To Sin Against The Holy Spirit / What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Tattooing A Sin Against God? by IamBroke(m): 10:49am On Apr 11, 2021
I love tattoos...and I'm planning on getting one on ma neck but I dunno if it's a sin against God.
If possible please you can drop some Bible references... thanks

Lalasticlala
Re: Is Tattooing A Sin Against God? by Bornsinner7: 10:59am On Apr 11, 2021
Lev 19:28 - Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord..

Rev 19: 16 - And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS...

I still find it hard to comprehend if it is a sin or not.. in the old testament it was condemned not to make any marks on your skin but there in the new testament it described a supernatural being with a writing on his thigh descending from heaven which many believe is Christ..
Re: Is Tattooing A Sin Against God? by enilove(m): 11:00am On Apr 11, 2021
IamBroke:
I love tattoos...and I'm planning on getting one on ma neck but I dunno if it's a sin against God.

Lalasticlala

It is a sin because God warned us against such in:
Leviticus 19:28 KJV
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.
Re: Is Tattooing A Sin Against God? by tamonokare: 11:05am On Apr 11, 2021
Let me answer like a brainwashed and irredeemably colonised African.

Yes, it's a sin unto God. Tattoo is from the devil infact it is the mark of the beast. Our body is the temple of the lord and having a tattoo will defile our body and make it unholy. Anyone who has a tattoo will not make heaven and his name will not be found in the book of life on the last day.
Re: Is Tattooing A Sin Against God? by Harrykn: 11:08am On Apr 11, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Lev 19:28 - Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord..

Rev 19: 16 - And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS...

I still find it hard to comprehend if it is a sin or not.. in the old testament it was condemned not to make any marks on your skin but there in the new testament it described a supernatural being with a writing on his thigh descending from heaven
Misinterpreted full stop
Re: Is Tattooing A Sin Against God? by chuksville(m): 11:11am On Apr 11, 2021
God said that he has tattooed our names on his palm.
Only God has the right to draw tattoos, we don't.
Re: Is Tattooing A Sin Against God? by IamBroke(m): 11:12am On Apr 11, 2021
enilove:

It is a sin because God warned us against such in:
Leviticus 19:28 KJV
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.
I believe that commandment was in the old testament...so since Jesus came and die for us I think we're being save by his grace
Re: Is Tattooing A Sin Against God? by IamBroke(m): 11:13am On Apr 11, 2021
chuksville:
God said that he has tattooed our names on his palm.
Only God has the right to draw tattoos, we don't.
What makes you think so...and from which portion of the Bible
Re: Is Tattooing A Sin Against God? by Rickyzagy: 11:39am On Apr 11, 2021
What is sin when the death of CHRIST has set us free.

Why all this Christian condemned preaching everywhere?
Re: Is Tattooing A Sin Against God? by enilove(m): 1:11pm On Apr 11, 2021
IamBroke:

I believe that commandment was in the old testament...so since Jesus came and die for us I think we're being save by his grace

If you had done it b4 knowing Christ , the blood of Jesus can avail for you.

Here is your case different. You are just thinking of doing it. It will be a big sin.

Jesus said he has not come to abolish the laws but to full the laws .
Re: Is Tattooing A Sin Against God? by livingchrist: 1:28pm On Apr 11, 2021
IamBroke:

How does drawing tattoos on your body please God? remember we are called into holiness and to glorify God with our bodies.

1 Corinthians 6:20
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
Re: Is Tattooing A Sin Against God? by Kobojunkiee: 5:10pm On Apr 11, 2021
Rickyzagy:
What is sin when the death of CHRIST has set us free.
Why all this Christian condemned preaching everywhere?
While Tattooing is not a sin since Jesus Christ never specified that it is, where the Kingdom of God is concerned, Jesus Christ is the Law that defines for His followers that which is Sin. He is the New Covenant promised by God for His people, and this Covenant comes with about 50 commandments which everyone who belongs to Him is commanded to accept(trust) and obey in order to realize the promises and rewards He commands. undecided
The details of the New Covenant are found written of in the Gospels(Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) and it is by learning His Truth(His teachings) that one is able to know His Truth and be set free by it.
Re: Is Tattooing A Sin Against God? by Kobojunkiee: 5:10pm On Apr 11, 2021
IamBroke:
Lalasticlala
Tattooing is not a sin. See the following thread for a previously posted responses

https://www.nairaland.com/6485894/god-against-tattoos-skin#100368479
Re: Is Tattooing A Sin Against God? by Rickyzagy: 5:51pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
While Tattooing is not a sin since Jesus Christ never specified that it is, where the Kingdom of God is concerned, Jesus Christ is the Law that defines for His followers that which is Sin. He is the New Covenant promised by God for His people, and this Covenant comes with about 50 commandments which everyone who belongs to Him is commanded to accept(trust) and obey in order to realize the promises and rewards He commands. undecided
The details of the New Covenant are found written of in the Gospels(Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) and it is by learning His Truth(His teachings) that one is able to know His Truth and be set free by it.
The only two commandment I remember is BELIEVE IN JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD AND LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOURS AS YOU LOVE THY SELF.
Re: Is Tattooing A Sin Against God? by Kobojunkiee: 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2021
Rickyzagy:
The only two commandment I remember is BELIEVE IN JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD AND LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOURS AS YOU LOVE THY SELF.
Those are listed as the two greatest, not the two only, commandments.... so you need to get back to reading the Gospels to find out the others. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Buddhist Monk Chops Off His Head As An Offering To Buddha To Reincarnate Him As / Whose Claim Do You Believe? God Or Satan? / Pope Francis Meets ''Spider-Man'' At Weekly Audience In Vatican (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.