Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher (17637 Views)

How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp / The Most Financially Rewarding Areas In Programing. / Android Programing And Web Programing, Which One Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Adasun(m): 7:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
CSTRR:
I have learnt HTML and CSS.
I am currently on JavaScript.

For my backend language, I am not doing nodejs, I am doing PHP and Python.
how did you start bro
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Adasun(m): 7:34pm On Apr 17, 2021
Topmaike007:
10000000% yes
wow!!! how do I start bro.
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by CSTRR: 7:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
Adasun:
how did you start bro
I went to W3schools.com, searched for HTML and then started.
That is if you are interested in web development.

You can also check freecodecamp videos on YouTube.
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by CSTRR: 7:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
Udemy has released a free 4hr video on Git and GitHub.

For those that want to learn version control.
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Topmaike007(m): 7:44pm On Apr 17, 2021
Adasun:
wow!!! how do I start bro.
go through YouTube and learn.. Go and type "Mern full stack developers tutorial" on YouTube and start and moreover there is difference between fullstack developer and non fullstack..

Fullstack deals with frontend and backend

Non fullstack is either frontend or backend

But for me I prefer the both because of the workspace..

I am not a software developers but into data science but I will give you this last advice to learn Html, css and bootstraps very well before learning "MERN" because Html, css and bootstrap are you basics for software devop..

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Topmaike007(m): 7:45pm On Apr 17, 2021
Adasun:
how did you start bro
YouTube is there for you...

If you have capital you can pick udemy or Edureka to learn...

But youtube has thought me the little I know today...

From html, css and bootstrap.

But I have long abandon software devop for data science because it is the new oil.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by nwikpab: 7:51pm On Apr 17, 2021
klawaaa:
Yeah, start from Python... It is more user friendly and interactive. I promise you gonna like programming when you are into it fully. Just make sure you are not in a hurry; learn a piece at a time. Another is to look for a project you want to solve that would require you to use a programming language and that would increase your curiosity.

xyz123456:

Check ustacky.com. Those guys dey teach wella

awulio:
Google Odin they teach you free how to code and there’s a discord community that guide you and help you filled with ppl from around the world.

justmondris:

Maybe you should start with html and CSS before trying JavaScript

Thanks to you all.

However, I am trying my hands on publishing and it's quite demanding.
I don't know if I can concentrate enough to do both well.
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Adasun(m): 8:00pm On Apr 17, 2021
Topmaike007:
YouTube is there for you...

If you have capital you can pick udemy or Edureka to learn...

But youtube has thought me the little I know today...

From html, css and bootstrap.

But I have long abandon software devop for data science because it is the new oil.

data science it is then...who do you follow on YouTube
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Topmaike007(m): 8:05pm On Apr 17, 2021
Adasun:
lolz..... Wait me get the list for you
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Premiumwriter: 8:12pm On Apr 17, 2021
Topmaike007:
and who do you think wrote the codes for those website script..
programmers.

The point is we shouldn't all be programmers. You don't need to learn it from scratch to build something.

Sometimes all you need is to look for the script or hire someone to do thar aspect.
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by JohnnyBling(m): 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2021
xyz123456:

Check ustacky.com. There courses are top top quality. Thank me later
How about I thank you now!? Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Topmaike007(m): 8:17pm On Apr 17, 2021
Adasun:
am back...

Data 360 yp, kenjee, Anastasia k(my crush working from Sweden), Edureka, freeCodeCamp and Tina Huang are you on whatsapp let me drop some materials for you all for free...

Mind you data science is not what you learn and become pro in 12 months or less.

Even I am still learning after almost a year now.

And you must know basic statistics in mathematics..

Data science is broad because you will learn machine learning on the way when you start going into supervised and non supervised learning(k-clustering).

Deeplearning is also there to learn.

All this are sub sections of artificial intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Premiumwriter: 8:17pm On Apr 17, 2021
ClintonNzedimma:

Trust me scripts aren’t gonna help you in the long run.
Except it’s an akara project.
Can you buy a script that can implement a scalable video conferencing feature?

Lols

Bring 150 and I'll build another kuda bank for you. Without writing a single line of code.

Below is one of the many video conferencing scripts you can buy and start your own website.

https://connect.kodemint.in/?utm_medium=connect-site&utm_source=connect-site&utm_campaign=sub-header
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Topmaike007(m): 8:18pm On Apr 17, 2021
nwikpab:

Thanks to you all.

However, I am trying my hands on publishing and it's quite demanding.
I don't know if I can concentrate enough to do both well.
you can't do all at the same time
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Topmaike007(m): 8:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
Premiumwriter:

Lols

Bring 150 and I'll build another kuda bank for you. Without writing a single line of code.

Below is one of the many video conferencing scripts you can buy and start your own website.

https://connect.kodemint.in/?utm_medium=connect-site&utm_source=connect-site&utm_campaign=sub-header
well lots of us use framework to get our jobs get done sha.... In other words not all of us will write codes as you have proven because Word press, Joomla and xenforo with there plug-ins have all been making lives easy for all you web developers
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Topmaike007(m): 8:24pm On Apr 17, 2021
Premiumwriter:
programmers.

The point is we shouldn't all be programmers. You don't need to learn it from scratch to build something.

Sometimes all you need is to look for the script or hire someone to do thar aspect.
sense will not give you cheesy
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
Premiumwriter:

Lols

You will only get me the akara version. The question is can it scale?
There’s a difference between a Software developer and a software engineer hope you know
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by scait(m): 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
Its making sense.. thanks
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Bossman(m): 8:38pm On Apr 17, 2021
Very good writeup EkenmaPeter. Since programming/Computer Science is all about problem solving, a pretty solid (at least above average) knowledge of mathematics will help make a lot of things easier. A pretty good grasp of data structures will be of tremendous help as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by emmnprince(m): 8:42pm On Apr 17, 2021
nwikpab:

Good tips.
I don't have a skill and still have many things in my head. I have tried to learn Java but just can't understand nada. I am planning on looking forward to python.
I am really really confused. My head no just want carry this programming of a thing.

Why not focus on the one thing your head can carry without much stress. Abi you wan wreck your brain ni! Ogbeni, allow your brain to carry wetin e fit carry and focus on it! Shikina!
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Xyzaid(m): 8:45pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kindly help with the link where various scripts can be purchased

Lols

https://connect.kodemint.in/?utm_medium=connect-site&utm_source=connect-site&utm_campaign=sub-header[/quote]
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Mattswaggz: 9:11pm On Apr 17, 2021
nwikpab:

Good tips.
I don't have a skill and still have many things in my head. I have tried to learn Java but just can't understand nada. I am planning on looking forward to python.
I am really really confused. My head no just want carry this programming of a thing.
Pls,, is there any site that I can learn Python for free or I need to pay?
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by romme2u: 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

This is a bad decision which you might end up regretting. It's good to learn python but what is the end goal? What do you want to do in python? Python has its place In data science and machine learning but how easy is it to get those jobs especially for someone who might not have a computer science degree. It can be used in web development with Django but how many Django jobs are there? How many people use Django or flask as a backend to build their websites.

Research and rething your strategy so you don't waste valuable time.

sad sad

It's never a bad decision to learn a skill/tool....................................what he does with it is up to him.

You should encourage and guide them properly in the right direction instead of discrediting his little effort so far.

Last time i check, python is a general purpose programming language meaning it has huge application in fields other than ML, data science and web development.
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by MrJavaS: 9:58pm On Apr 17, 2021
OP is using style to promote PHP

1 Like

Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by ofiko123(m): 10:10pm On Apr 17, 2021
Nice one... programming is the way to go..
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by nwikpab: 10:13pm On Apr 17, 2021
Mattswaggz:

Pls,, is there any site that I can learn Python for free or I need to pay?

YouTube
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
This kind topic no dey pass 5 pages and women run as far as their leg can carry them grin.
Post topics like " My neighbour's wife is trying to seduce me! What do I do?" and everywhere will be filled-up with people booking spaces cheesy

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Najdorf: 10:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
FrankBass281:
Please who would teach me.i wanted to pay and learn it online but I used the money for something urgent...anyone please
Bros there are multiple free ways of learning
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Olarewaju89: 11:02pm On Apr 17, 2021
EkenmaPeter:
Welcome everyone.
Today I will be writing about starting a life as a programmer which I will list 5 things to know and be ready to do or let go to be able to be a successful programmer.

1. You don't need to be a computer science student

These days it's very easy to pick up a skill you are interested in and learn. Content are so much available for anything possible you can learn or you wish you know about.
In programing, you are expected to be a computer science student but in reality you don't even need to be in a computer related field to be a successful programmer.
Non computer science student are breaking borders and solving problems.

2. Google is your friend

No programmer can know everything, the best programmers in the world still use Google to find a way out of there problems.
In programing, no man is an island. I once watch an interview between Bill gates and Steve Job. Steve Job talks about how they had to fly bill gate from his location down to there factory just to help them build a particular function for their pc OS. So always ask for help through any means.

3. Don't follow the crowd.

Let me paint a picture for you on this.
Peter wants to start learning programing, his friends tunde is a PHP developer. Just because he don't want to follow tunde because NodeJs is the next big thing he followed the crowd.
1 year later peter is still looking for a job but tunde keep cashing out on PHP Core language.
In programing you choose what you want and can do and not what other people wants. Do you want to go into robotics look in python etc, you want to go into app look into java etc.

PHP alone can make you a billionaire if you chose the right path. In PHP you can choose to go into WordPress which are break into Themes, Plugins, Add-on and many more, or Magnito or OpenCart or Laravel etc which are build on PHP. Choose a language you no you can create and build on not just because Mr A is into it then you want to do the same.

4. You don't need a job, you only need an idea

In Nigeria, going into programing is all about working in a good reputable company and earn a moderate salary. But little do they know that there are markets meant for programmers. People sell scripts, plugins , fully customized Website and get millions of dollars with $100 per download.
Choose your path in this great adventure you find yourself into. We need more programmers in this country. Check YouTuber you find out that india's has dominant the web development space. Good programmers sharing ideas to help young developer to excel. They are making the use of their large population of programmers to improve there life and that of their country.

5. Have a pet projects

Pet projects helps in building your path to where you wish to end up. A pet projects is your small little miracle waiting to happen. A twitter engineer was using Bootstrap as a pet project for job for his tasks till it became best frontend css framework.
Don't start programming without having a pet project, it shape you. It takes your boring time and it also keep you consistent which is the key in our line of job.

Thanks. I hope you understand me.
By EkenmaPeter

Pls bro, I don't have a job for now and I want to learn programming. How can I get your contact?
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Ajibade123(m): 11:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
Akfrenzy:
I wan learn programming Biko, who go teach me
no one will but you can get a mentor
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Denko2721987(m): 11:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
Adasun:
can a physics student do programming while in school?

Absolutely.. Its even the best time to start-off while your head and mind is still sharp and engaged with academic work.. Any person from any field of study or endeavour can be a pro in programming if they are serious minded enough..
Re: Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 18, 2021
Interesting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blackberry 10 Picture Password For Android / A Way Forward For The Field Of Computer Science In Nigeria / What's The Easiest Path For Beginners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.