Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,967 members, 7,828,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack (28531 Views)

LASTMA, Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Lagos / 2 Killed In Renewed Cult War After Brutal Killing Of Final Year CRUTECH Student / Soldier's Wife Brutalizes Her Maid With Knife, Breaks Her Teeth In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by SandraJane: 6:46am On Apr 13, 2021
A driver, Michael James, is still in pain after six officials of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority and men of the Lagos State Police Command allegedly brutalised him during an arrest for a traffic offence he described as illegal on Lateef Jakande Road in the Ikeja Local Government Area of the state.

PUNCH Metro gathered from James that the officials, while enforcing his arrest, were assisted by two hoodlums, and two of his teeth were knocked out and his gum ripped off, while they were trying to dispossess him of his vehicle.

James said the policemen and LASTMA officials released him and handed his vehicle to him after realising that he was bleeding profusely, adding that he had spent over N80,000 on medical expenses.

He stated, “I was on my way to our factory on Adeniyi Jones to convey nylon for my boss, but as I drove through Lateef Jakande Road, three officials of LASTMA, two other guys and three armed policemen suddenly stopped me. I asked what I had done and they said I drove against the traffic. I became surprised because I was the only person they stopped as other vehicles driving on the same lane were not stopped. I had been plying that route since 2001 and no one had ever stopped me for driving against the traffic.

“I was still explaining to them when one of them attempted to forcefully remove the vehicle’s key; I pleaded with them but they overpowered me and pushed me out of the vehicle. I held one of them firmly and we both landed on the ground and the LASTMA officials seized the opportunity to drive my vehicle away. The remaining officials and policemen started beating me, while I was on the ground and in the process, they knocked out two of my teeth and my gum was affected.

“When they saw that I was bleeding heavily, they stopped beating me and ordered me to enter the commercial bus they were using to operate and drove me down to Anthony bus stop, where my vehicle was parked. When we got there, they said I should bring my phone, but I told them that I would not release my phone to them unless they killed me.

“I called my boss, who connected me with an official, who intervened and after realising that the road where I was accosted was not one-way, they were instructed to release my vehicle.”

James, however, said a few days after he was assaulted, he wore a face mask, drove on the same road and saw one of the LASTMA officials, who assaulted him, adding that he knew he was brutalised unjustly when he asked the official if he was driving against the traffic and he said no.

He stated, “I went straight to see a dentist to treat me because two of my teeth had been removed and my gum was also affected. I have been in severe pain since the assault; in fact, my teeth were stitched to my gum and they removed again. After some days, I drove on the same road and luckily I saw one of the LASTMA officials, who assaulted me.

“He could not recognise me because I wore a face mask; I asked if the road was one-way and he said it wasn’t. I used that opportunity to snap his picture without his knowledge. I recognise all those involved in the illegal duty and I showed my boss when we visited the LASTMA head office in Oshodi. I have spent over N80,000 on treatment and I am still not fine. I want them prosecuted. The incident happened on March 24, 2021.”

When contacted, the spokesman for LASTMA, Olumide Filade, said, “An investigation will be conducted on it and anybody found culpable will face disciplinary action. The victim should also visit our office to make an official complaint.”

Source: https://punchng.com/lastma-police-personnel-knock-out-drivers-teeth-in-brutal-attack/

Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by Dton339: 6:48am On Apr 13, 2021
Hnnmm
Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by bluefilm: 6:51am On Apr 13, 2021
This guy must be Dauda's brother because of the resemblance and the comedy aspect too

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by kingreign(m): 6:52am On Apr 13, 2021
Man's inhumanity to fellow man. angry

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 13, 2021
These guys dey hungry. The other day I got lost in Ikeja ( shamefully) for I always use my map and my phone was off. Asked this lastma for directions. He took me past a long route because I tell am say I no know road. When we got to kudirat abiola he said just go straight. Oga we don pass here two times na he just ignored. Na him I say thank you wan drive off. If you see as him eyes flash like dark seid for justice league. No body tell me I palm small levels for him hands. Na because this guy no settle dem them treat am like this. One day them go meet their match.

One thing I've learnt though. Don't stop for them in their turf. If you will stop drive far to a neutral ground. Them go do well. Else You might get lucky and lose them.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by nairavsdollars(f): 7:00am On Apr 13, 2021
A female soldier also knocked out the teeth of a LASTMA official last week. They will always receive their reward

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by blowjob: 7:32am On Apr 13, 2021
EVERYTHIN NA FIGHT FOR NIGERIA, EXPECIALLY THAT, OVERRATED STUNKIN LASGIDI undecided

20 Likes

Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by Xpolre: 11:34am On Apr 13, 2021
Okay

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by NwaNimo1(m): 11:35am On Apr 13, 2021

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by wizygreat2000(m): 11:35am On Apr 13, 2021
How many times we i tell You Nigeria is not for You All shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by Starboytwo(m): 11:35am On Apr 13, 2021
Normal levels
Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by PAWG(m): 11:35am On Apr 13, 2021
Lagos hot sha, their wahala is always different.
The other day a danfo tumbled on its own, today a danfo driver’s teeth were knocked out. Wonderful

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 13, 2021
Sorry,,,, take care of yourself. That's the situation we find ourselves in Naija,,,,aggression is now everywhere.

May God help us

1 Like

Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by highskies(m): 11:36am On Apr 13, 2021
Lol
Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by brownemmanuel43(m): 11:36am On Apr 13, 2021
Una wahala bi that
When their grand patron is preparing to tale over from sanwo olu
Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by Prodigee: 11:36am On Apr 13, 2021
Na thugs full LASTMA and Police!

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by babaRUNtinz(m): 11:36am On Apr 13, 2021
oun oju nwa loju ri
Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by iampeterben(m): 11:36am On Apr 13, 2021
Where is the body LASG said they want them to start wearing? Lock this person up and pay his cell mates to beat sense to head.
Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by Salem69: 11:37am On Apr 13, 2021
Haba
Nurtw no get lawyer
Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by shiki(m): 11:37am On Apr 13, 2021
LASTMA will take over Nigeria when Jagaban become president
Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by MozB: 11:37am On Apr 13, 2021
I'm sorry man.. But i did not read your story till the end o! The error you made was starting to struggle. No d struggle with anybody anyhow my guy. Even though i'm right or wrong i will not engage in physical dragging. Now how you wan take do for your teeth and the money were you don spend? You for don roger them small change pass.
You all know how irresponsible our officers can be. It's not worth the struggle.

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by sammysmiles(m): 11:38am On Apr 13, 2021
Omo dat kine blow go get weight oooo...
Nigeria anyhow country...
Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by adash101: 11:38am On Apr 13, 2021
This people will not learn
Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by sammirano: 11:38am On Apr 13, 2021
Lastma officers are area boys in uniform.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by armadeo(m): 11:38am On Apr 13, 2021
Na so. Despite all the talk by lasg still no change. Leopard na leopard
Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by terrymason(m): 11:39am On Apr 13, 2021
shocked shuo
Only In Nigeria
Sometimes you wonder what we've done to have this kind of punishment...

Na only this country you need dey abnormal to live normally.
Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by iamoyindamola(m): 11:40am On Apr 13, 2021
where is the body cam na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by kingsleefolli(m): 11:40am On Apr 13, 2021
Any officer under state government were all political thugery.they are all compensated for there role during election rigging technics.so this news is not new to me.abeg click next jared.
Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 13, 2021
Wow, men in uniform are supposed to refrain from such
Re: LASTMA, Police Personnel Knock Out Driver’s Teeth In Brutal Attack by KingAzari: 11:44am On Apr 13, 2021
LASTMA and police are nothing but armed thugs in uniform.

They are never willing to enforce traffic laws but looking for ways to use the traffic laws to extort private cars.

They will attack a private car where they allowed danfo, keke and korope to pass.

They even resort to maiming and vandalism where they are not able to perpetrate their selfish and greedy acts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Children Abducted In Benue Found Dead (Photos) / Robbers Invade Dunamis Church In Abuja, Injure Security Guard / One Person Killed As Political Thugs Clash In Oshodi. Residents Flee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.