Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada (45520 Views)

Nekede Poly Furious With Lady Claiming She Graduated With God Help, Private Part / South African Lady Celebrates Househelp Who Graduated With Degree In Psychology / Lady Mocked By Her Friends Who Graduated Before Her, 2 Years Later This Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by gidient(m): 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2021
Ray Reddington @_Larenzo who graduated with third class from OAU discovers he’s a genius while studying in Canada

A Nigerian man has revealed that he never knew about his ingenuity till he went to further his education in Canada.

According to the Twitter user identified as @_Larenzo, he graduated from Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) with a third class degree, but when he started studying in Canada, his lecturers were impressed with his problem-solving skills.

He later discovered after taking an IQ test, that he was a genius whose intelligence was greatly underrated owing to Nigeria’s falling standard of education.

According to @_Larenzo, he topped his class upon graduation from the university in Canada.

See his tweet

In OAU I graduated with a 3rd class, In Canada my lecturers urged me to take an IQ test after they saw my methods in solving shit.

Turns out I'm a genius. By my test results I'm smarter that 99% of the world and yes I topped my class.

Who would have known ��‍♂️

https://twitter.com/_Larenzo/status/1381401809890156545?s=19

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by ebenhazard(m): 6:02pm On Apr 13, 2021
the way Nigeria system of education is..na only God understand

317 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by Deasegun19(m): 6:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
for naija na normal. archaic system

60 Likes

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by dejt4u(m): 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2021
I am on this table

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by habsydiamond(m): 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
It runs in the system.... Most of these lecturers are sadist....it's I. Nigeria a lecturer will tell u A is for God, B is for me, C is for the best students D, average students and so on... They make education look like climbing mountain everest.... No wonder.... Average students in Nigeria will come out with first class outside the country..

339 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by lkillbrokehoes: 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2021
habsydiamond:
It runs in the system.... Most of these lecturers are sadist....it's I. Nigeria a lecturer will tell u A is for God, B is for me, C is for the best students D, average students and so on... They make education look like climbing mountain everest.... No wonder.... Average students in Nigeria will come out with first class outside the country..
The same reason my parents didn't want me to school in Nigeria, immediately I finished my SSCE exam, they sent me out of the country to school, they knew how rotten Nigerian educational sector his, no time.

this is what I'm actually proud of about them, they always want the best for us, and I'm also going to replicate the same thing to my kids, I will also give them the best life gotta offer.

207 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by ChiefSosa(m): 8:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
When he does something extraordinary now, Nigeria will start claiming him. They'll start calling him "our son".

162 Likes

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by dollytino4real(f): 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2021
Nigeria lecturers go frustrate class from ur life until u become classless

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by Nmezor(f): 8:28pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hmmm,our educational sys no b am @ all...Congratz to the guy jare

6 Likes

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by LikeAking: 8:53pm On Apr 13, 2021
Most of the lecturers are in Naija are not smart

You cant give what you dont have.

All those their noise making and intimidation is to cover up.

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by Rich4god(m): 9:59pm On Apr 13, 2021
I can remember back then in uni... One of my lecturer was always copying Wikipedia word to word in the name of giving us note

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by luminouz(m): 10:22pm On Apr 13, 2021
To be a Nigerian living in nigeria is damn hard. As a student,it's way worse. Heat, crowded LTs, old tutoring system, archaic textbooks, frustrated lecturers and finally boring, impractical exams will erode whatever genius you might have had.

I remembered while younger that I wrote two NIM exams without reading for the second. I just glanced through. I collected extra sheet on it. Had As in both courses.

In my postgraduate course on exploration geophysics, I vividly remembered revising for that course in my dream. I was sleeping and in my dream, I was revising those notes and when I woke up by 8am, I entered the exam without opening that book again. Had an A.

All these happened while I was younger. But nigeria don cook and parboil me finish.

Nowadays, it's hard to even fuqin remember my own birthday. undecided

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by CheedyJ(m): 11:25pm On Apr 13, 2021
Shey na school we dey go for naija ni...some stewpid lecturers would even be boasting that no student has gotten an A in my course so, none of you should expect an A yet some stewpid polithievicians go get mouth dey call most naija graduates half baked & unemployable when they are part of the problem by underfunding our educational system .. inshort,na ogun go kee all d bad pipu for this country one by one...

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by VTJN(m): 4:58am On Apr 14, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
The same reason my parents didn't want me to school in Nigeria, immediately I finished my SSCE exam, they sent me out of the country to school, they knew how rotten Nigerian educational sector his, no time.

this is what I'm actually proud of about them, they always want the best for us, and I'm also going to replicate the same thing to my kids, I will also give them the best life gotta offer.
you must be lucky to have such kinda parents!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by awakeuche(m): 6:12am On Apr 14, 2021
ChiefSosa:
When he does something extraordinary now, Nigeria will start claiming him. They'll start calling him "our son".
An apt illustration

4 Likes

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 14, 2021
God know say I go use phD comot naija.

6 Likes

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by Vulcanheph(m): 6:56am On Apr 14, 2021
CheedyJ:
Shey na school we dey go for naija ni...some stewpid lecturers would even be boasting that no student has gotten an A in my course so, none of you should expect an A yet some stewpid polithievicians go get mouth dey call most naija graduates half baked & unemployable when they are part of the problem by underfunding our educational system .. inshort,na ogun go kee all d bad pipu for this country one by one...
Lecturers in Nigeria are something else... A lecturer can proudly tell you that no one has scored an A in his course, something he should be ashamed of..... Or a lecturer that will tell you that A is for God, B is for him, C is for Serious students ( and by serious he means those that sort), D is for average students etc.

5 Likes

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by mespusinglez(m): 7:46am On Apr 14, 2021
Some Nigerians Versities Be Making Someone To Be Looking Like An OLODO

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by Xscape047: 8:30am On Apr 14, 2021
LoL...

Akpo
Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by yeleel: 8:30am On Apr 14, 2021
Genius indeed!!! Well, na so sha
Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by lekki1444: 8:30am On Apr 14, 2021
shocked when na only beans and garri e dey drink for OAU hin brain no function well undecided

11 Likes

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by jericco1(m): 8:31am On Apr 14, 2021
At this rate, those that graduated with first class over here are Einsteinesque

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by Muyiwaipere(m): 8:31am On Apr 14, 2021
Shey Nigeria Education system looks like something wey dey okay for una eyes

I had this guy in my class during my tertiary years...David was a dullard..he burns electric motor anyhow during practical ...

This guy reach Canada for him masters ...sir...na him Dey top him class..

Why so??..na because them get better infrastructure

28 Likes

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by highskies(m): 8:31am On Apr 14, 2021
True
Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by jaxxy(m): 8:31am On Apr 14, 2021
Lol Canada won expose us finish. grin

Our Systems have failed and failing and we know it.

15 Likes

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by TSBO: 8:31am On Apr 14, 2021
Nice one.

Some of us find it difficult to regurgitate information. We must make it our own before we can do anything about it. Also, I think it helped that the lecturers noticed your approach and encouraged you to do something which then helped you to see your potential and to believe in yourself. Rationally, this motivated you to work harder, have more fun studying (in addition to the enabling environment), and thus do better as a student.

One of my issues with higher education in Nigeria is the ridiculous sense of pride lecturers have when a course is so hard for students to pass. If students are not passing well, it may be an indictment on you as a lecturer.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada by iampeterben(m): 8:31am On Apr 14, 2021
Wow! Congrats to him, your grade or class of degrees doesn't define you.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top Best Polytechnics In Nigeria 2014ranking / Meet Nigerian Woman Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard / University Graduate Celebrated By His Friends In A "Mad" Way (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.