Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. (5832 Views)

'3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria / Old Students Of Ransome Kuti Memorial Lagos Marks 30th Reunion In School Uniform / Types Of People At A Secondary School Reunion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Wittyglam(f): 6:59am On Apr 14, 2021
Minus making it. It's has become a show off gathering
cassidy1996:
we wey neva make am , hate reunion

2 Likes

Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Matheusmartin: 7:21am On Apr 14, 2021
Most school reunion na scamm..

For most guys, they used to measure your success so far in life..

U nver buy benz, what tha hell have u been doing??.

1 Like

Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Prettyvirginia(f): 7:44am On Apr 14, 2021
School reunion is fun. Only those with complex issues fear school reunion.

Why will I feel saddened that my mate is making it better than me when I know that life is a race and not a sprint

1 Like

Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by WorkDesQ: 7:50am On Apr 14, 2021
Prettyvirginia:

Why will I feel saddened that my mate is making it better than me when I know that life is a race and not a sprint

Speak for yourself
Don't judge other people's decisions

I'll give you an experience. My business startup was a hit. And quickly rose to 30 M within 8 months. Until I met my exschoolmate

And before I knew it
Nollywoord jaxx. I crashed down to zero. It has taken years to recover. Would I have unfired such if I wasn't carrying ex school friends on my head.?

Once ex schoolmates sees one they begin to measure success and one doesn't know who truly is who as time has changed people and by renewing friendships they bring in either good or bad will but most times bad will for the most cases.

3 Likes

Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by iamyemiakins(m): 7:50am On Apr 14, 2021
I don't involve myself in any school reunion, anything about school reunion ends on Whatsapp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by BigDawsNet: 8:07am On Apr 14, 2021
Im yet to attend one

Maybe when I return back to my home country...

Love to meet some old friends
Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by liveyourlife007(m): 8:18am On Apr 14, 2021
Anti social- Ed Sheeran and Travis Scott grin

1 Like

Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by GreaterFuture3: 9:34am On Apr 14, 2021
SimplyFacts:
I do not have any to share. My sanity has zero interest in social life.

As in how? Wdym
Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Mrlcredible: 9:47am On Apr 14, 2021
Wittyglam:
Yes
hi uyai I tried reaching you but realized the mail attached to this account isn't active.
Can you reply with your mail address please.
Sesongo
Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Twelfthman: 12:06pm On Apr 14, 2021
Reunion? I don't have time to spare for unnecessary drama...
Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Thereddevil: 12:13pm On Apr 14, 2021
johnkey:
i don't even remember any of my secondary school mates anymore talkless of to reunite lol. And for the uni ones I no get anyone number sef
Wow, I thought I was having some kind of mental problem, cos this happens to me too... I can't remember a lot of my friends, even though I played football for the school.. I hate reunions.. Some of them got my contact and chat me up on WhatsApp, after few days of our convo, they started showing off.. I know they're so much wealthy and I've got nothing to flaunt, but hey, my breathing heart is a gem and I appreciate God for my wellbeing.. No reunions for me..

5 Likes

Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by MiratonMatador: 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
Vacancy!!!

DIGITAL MARKETING INTERN
Duties
Organize social media campaigns
Assist with email campaigns
Assist with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Produce website and social media content
Developing tools and methods for collecting data such as surveys, opinion polls or questionnaires
Collecting and analyzing data to identify consumer trends
Researching consumer opinions and marketing strategies and proposing adjustments to current strategies accordingly
Creating graphic representations of data and translating complex research into easily readable content for stakeholders and other departments
Preparing marketing proposals and presentations based on company needs
Measuring consumer satisfaction with products or services
Monitoring and managing the company's social media platforms, adjusting outreach tactics as needed
Complete other administrative tasks as needed

Requirements and qualification
Bachelor degree in marketing, mass communication or any related field.
Prior internship experience a plus
Experience using Adobe Photoshop and other content creation tools
Graphic design skills
Good computer skills

Please send CV to info@miratonmatadorgroup.com

Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Zoe99(f): 1:09pm On Apr 14, 2021
femi4:
No, I just don't feel comfortable attending any cos I didn't even make friends with any of them while in school. So, nothing to look forward to
Exactly my case
Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Wittyglam(f): 1:44pm On Apr 14, 2021
It's very active. I get a lot of mail from it.
Mrlcredible:
hi uyai I tried reaching you but realized the mail attached to this account isn't active.
Can you reply with your mail address please.
Sesongo
Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Wittyglam(f): 1:45pm On Apr 14, 2021
People just change the whole narrative
Twelfthman:
Reunion? I don't have time to spare for unnecessary drama...
Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Wittyglam(f): 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
Don't allow anything disturb your peace.
Thereddevil:

Wow, I thought I was having some kind of mental problem, cos this happens to me too... I can't remember a lot of my friends, even though I played football for the school.. I hate reunions.. Some of them got my contact and chat me up on WhatsApp, after few days of our convo, they started showing off.. I know they're so much wealthy and I've got nothing to flaunt, but hey, my breathing heart is a gem and I appreciate God for my wellbeing.. No reunions for me..
Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Wittyglam(f): 1:48pm On Apr 14, 2021
Don't forget to share your experience
BigDawsNet:
Im yet to attend one

Maybe when I return back to my home country...

Love to meet some old friends
Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Wittyglam(f): 1:48pm On Apr 14, 2021
Sanity saved.
iamyemiakins:
I don't involve myself in any school reunion, anything about school reunion ends on Whatsapp
Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Wittyglam(f): 1:50pm On Apr 14, 2021
My secondary best friend is just a regular friend to me now. We have lost out on a lot of things and we have grow apart.
WorkDesQ:

Speak for yourself
Don't judge other people's decisions

I'll give you an experience. My business startup was a hit. And quickly rose to 30 M within 8 months. Until I met my exschoolmate

And before I knew it
Nollywoord jaxx. I crashed down to zero. It has taken years to recover. Would I have unfired such if I wasn't carrying ex school friends on my head.?

Once ex schoolmates sees one they begin to measure success and one doesn't know who truly is who as time has changed people and by renewing friendships they bring in either good or bad will but most times bad will for the most cases.
Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Wittyglam(f): 1:51pm On Apr 14, 2021
It's deeper than that.
Prettyvirginia:

Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Wittyglam(f): 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
You get right? I know someone that block all her friends cause they keep asking her when she will get married.
Matheusmartin:
Most school reunion na scamm..

For most guys, they used to measure your success so far in life..

U nver buy benz, what tha hell have u been doing??.

1 Like

Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by femi4: 3:29pm On Apr 14, 2021
Zoe99:
Exactly my case
lol....I thought I was the only one.
Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by bluefilm: 4:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
Wittyglam:
I don't know why people always feel reunion is an avenue to intimidate your old mate or act fake.
The idea of school reunion is to reunite with old friends and catch up on old times but No!!! It's now a period to show up for most people.
Here is my story. Don't forget to share yours too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_6fBgDp1Hs

Hanty in all honesty, I think you are totally misguided.

School Reunion is tha Bomb.

You guys meet up and catch up on old times. Some share new connections and links.

What exactly is toxic about that?

1 Like

Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Wittyglam(f): 5:54pm On Apr 14, 2021
Uncle did you watch the video before concluding? You should also go through the comments. Thank you uncle
bluefilm:

Hanty in all honesty, I think you are totally misguided.

School Reunion is tha Bomb.

You guys meet up and catch up on old times. Some share new connections and links.

What exactly is toxic about that?

1 Like

Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by bluefilm: 5:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
Wittyglam:
Uncle did you watch the video before concluding? You should also go through the comments. Thank you uncle

Hanty, why should I watch your nonsense video.

If you are looking for more viewers and more subscribers for your Youtube channel, why not be upfront about it?

Why must you disguise your intention with a misleading topic?

Your experience is strictly your experience, and it should never be used to completely write off school reunions, okay?

1 Like

Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Matheusmartin: 6:28pm On Apr 14, 2021
Wittyglam:
You get right? I know someone that block all her friends cause they keep asking her when she will get married.
Just imagine..
Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by LikeAking: 7:29pm On Apr 14, 2021
Possiblegee:
I don’t know what you guys are talking about here,well let me say the venue used for the union determines a lot ....my school last reunion was done at a club with live strippers so how you wan take day envy person ....any babe u day feel her parole for there u book hotel there do ur doings .....this reunion kasala u guys above me are talking about just has to do with venue ,why una self go do reunion for person house instead of u guys to collect club do an .

Confam.

Most of what they call reunion for Naija na dulling parole.

Just come talk & talk & eat...

Too pikinish.
Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
LikeAking:

Confam.

Most of what they call reunion for Naija na dulling parole.

Just come talk & talk & eat...

Too pikinish.
i come day look say which kind reunion them day attend way them day complain like this so ...all my school reunion was held at a club or an event centre and nah everyone contribute
Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by LikeAking: 10:19pm On Apr 14, 2021
Possiblegee:
i come day look say which kind reunion them day attend way them day complain like this so ...all my school reunion was held at a club or an event centre and nah everyone contribute

Na so e suppose be.

Not the flaunting of stuffs.

1 Like

Re: School Reunion Is Very Toxic. Share Your Stories. by Wittyglam(f): 4:57am On Apr 15, 2021
Uncle how is this misleading? Did you read the part where I said everyone should share there opinion.
Before I discuss any topic here, I have heard a lot of people complaining about it. You don't have to watch the video and you don't have to tag it lucky. You're lucky it's a faceless forum
bluefilm:

Hanty, why should I watch your nonsense video.

If you are looking for more viewers and more subscribers for your Youtube channel, why not be upfront about it?

Why must you disguise your intention with a misleading topic?

Your experience is strictly your experience, and it should never be used to completely write off school reunions, okay?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Shortlisted Candidates For The Mtn Foundation Scholarship Released / Unilag 1st Class Degree : Cgpa 4.96 / PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.