Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,656 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave (7764 Views)

HISTORY: How OLIVER DE Coque's Most Kept Secret Took Him To An Early Grave As / Saint Obi's Marriage Took Him Away From His Friends And Acting - Zik Zulu / How OLIVER DE Coque's Most Kept Secret Took Him To An Early Grave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Shellsploit: 8:50am On Apr 14, 2021
Chief Dr. Oliver Sunday Akanite (April 14, 1947 – June 21, 2008) was a Nigerian highlife musician and guitarist who recorded more than 73 albums to his credit, making him the most popular highlife king of Africa. His music band group are known as Ogene Sound Super of Africa, which blended modern high life and traditional Igbo music.

The music star had 12 kids: seven boys and five girls. And they all enjoyed their father’s presence. “It was awesome. My siblings and I didn’t see him as a famous figure. He was a normal, caring, jovial and loving dad to us,” Darlington Akanite, one of his sons, disclosed to press men.

While growing up, Oliver was popularly called the Game Master. This was because he was good at the game of draft. Draft in Igbo language is ‘Okwe.’ People began to call him Oliver De Ka Okwe. He then changed the name to sound more like a French name; that was how he came up with Oliver De Coque.

He loved to buy clothes. He spent a lot of money maintaining his looks. In fact, he spent N30,000 on his beard weekly and that amounted to N120,000 monthly.

He went to his salon twice a week. He always said his beard was his signature look. He said if someone decided to keep a beard, it was right to maintain it.

He fell ill at the end of 2007. He was diabetic and hypertensive. Most artistes don’t like to disclose their health challenge.

His son is of the opinion that if he had disclosed his health challenge, he would have gotten help quick. He was ill for three months. “He then recovered in February 2008 and began to go for shows. He died on June 20 but he had planned to travel to the US on July 2 for checkup,” Darlington added.

He told the press that it was as if his father knew he was going to die because on the day he died, he decided to stay indoors. “And he wanted me to stay by his side.”

“That morning, after he had his breakfast, he began to feel ill. He said he was going to cancel his appointment for that day. I didn’t know it was a serious matter; all I did was to console him. I went to the bathroom to take a shower and then told him that I wanted to visit a few friends. He begged me not to leave his side; I became upset. I thought he was depriving me of catching fun. I grudgingly stayed back.”

While Darlington stayed with him, he began to tell him of how he started his career. As he said the story, he complained of not breathing well. Oliver then decided to go to hospital. On their way to the hospital, he called the driver to increase the temperature of the air conditioner; he said he was feeling hot. His son became scared when he began to shout ‘wheelbarrow! wheelbarrow! ‘Darlington, please bring a wheelbarrow.’”
Darlington wondered what was happening. It was after he died he realised the highlife maestro was referring to a wheel chair.

I think he was becoming paralysed and unconscious. When we got to the hospital, he was rushed to the emergency ward.

“Throughout his time at the hospital, he kept begging me to save him but there was nothing I could have done,” the son said.

Before he died, he held Darlington’s hand close to his side as he took his last breathe. His son closed his eyes and kissed him on the forehead. “I was so confused about all that happened.”

If Oliver had made his health condition public, the son believes more than 200 Igbo people would have laid their lives down for him.

He is gone, leaving behind a vacuum. But he’s taught the entire family a lesson: whenever one is facing a challenge, one shouldn’t keep quiet about it. “I want people to learn from his death.”

Source:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationaldailyng.com/%25EF%25BF%25BChow-oliver-de-coque-most-kept-secret-took-him-to-early-grave/amp/

Lalasticlacla, ijebabe, nex

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Ayeong: 8:50am On Apr 14, 2021
RIP man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Shellsploit: 8:53am On Apr 14, 2021
Lalasticlacla
Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by blowjob: 8:57am On Apr 14, 2021
DIS GUY NA CULTIST AND RITUALIST undecided

1 Like

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Shellsploit: 8:59am On Apr 14, 2021
Mouth Gig:

Na u initiate am abi..?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Romanoff(f): 9:00am On Apr 14, 2021
Mouth Gig:

Ehen, give us gist now.

How you take know?
Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Barbiturate(m): 9:09am On Apr 14, 2021
Mouth Gig:

You initiated him in the cult and the ritual group, right?

2 Likes

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by kortlynn55: 9:12am On Apr 14, 2021
Mouth Gig:
Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Righteousness2(m): 9:20am On Apr 14, 2021
What I see Here from the write up is a son who did not know or understand the message his Dad was passing and so He didn't do what was Needful

He told the press that it was as if his father knew he was going to die because on the day he died, he decided to stay indoors. “And he wanted me to stay by his
First Sign

I wanted to visit a few friends. He begged me not to leave his side; I became upset

Second Sign

On their way to the hospital, he called the driver to increase the temperature of the air conditioner; he said he was feeling hot

I Perceive the hotness the Father was feeling here was not a normal hotness. He was feeling a heat from the other side of Eternity.

“Throughout his time at the hospital, he kept begging me to save him but there was nothing I could have done,” the son said

All his Dad was asking for Here was For the young man to lead him to JESUS .

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by illicit(m): 9:25am On Apr 14, 2021
Mouth Gig:

Abeg, yarn us story

1 Like

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Andersonjr(m): 9:30am On Apr 14, 2021
His legend still lives on.
RIP Oliver nwanne

2 Likes

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Rickcutie(m): 9:50am On Apr 14, 2021
Interesting.

Meanwhile get a quick and affordable loan with no collateral requirements. Check my signature.
Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by harmargedon: 12:33pm On Apr 14, 2021
Righteousness2:
What I see Here from the write up is a son who did not know or understand the message his Dad was passing and so He didn't do what was Needful

First Sign

[/b]
Second Sign

[b]

I Perceive the hotness the Father was feeling here was not a normal hotness. He was feeling a heat from the other side of Eternity.

seems like you've never been around a dying person before.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Righteousness2(m): 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2021
harmargedon:

Seems you don't understand Life and what a dying person needs

2 Likes

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
Aww.. sad story. Very touching.

One of popsys favorite music stars back in the days.

I so much liked a verse in one of his songs that said

Mmiri na ma na ije okpa
Ma ona ha ma na okwu onu e
Ayowa onyen wen uwa le
Onu kuru njo ge ku mma

Memories.

2 Likes

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:24pm On Apr 14, 2021
water pikin

1 Like

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by McTobe(m): 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
It's easier for him to analyze. Experiencing it is a purely different matter altogether
harmargedon:

1 Like

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by McTobe(m): 1:48pm On Apr 14, 2021
So a dying person accepting Christ at the point of death immediately changes everything for him and he will be heavenbound?
Righteousness2:

4 Likes

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Righteousness2(m): 1:54pm On Apr 14, 2021
McTobe:
So a dying person accepting Christ at the point of death immediately changes everything for him and he will be heavenbound?

Of Course!

3 Likes

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by McTobe(m): 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2021
I am afraid but you are wrong but if you must prove me wrong I want you to quote any place in the Bible where Christ taught that. Don't give me passages from any of the biblical writers because many of them did not even understand Christ even when he was on earth not to talk of after he had left.
Righteousness2:

Of Course!

3 Likes

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Righteousness2(m): 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2021
McTobe:
I am afraid but you are wrong but if you must prove me wrong I want you to quote any place in the Bible where Christ taught that. Don't give me passages from any of the biblical writers because many of them did not even understand Christ even when he was on earth not to talk of after he had left.

Listen Carefully!! Every book , Chapter and verse of the Holy Bible is the Word of GOD. You afraid, you believe or you Don't is Irrelevant.
That is the Book that will Judge u.

The Holy Bible is the Word of GOD Written by Men under the Inspiration of GOD ALMIGHTY. No part of the Bible is Faulty.

As for your Question, The Criminal who was crucified with JESUS and on his way to Hell got his Eternity switched right Befor his death by a little Prayer. " Remember me When thou comedy into their kingdom "

3 Likes

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by rex444(m): 2:23pm On Apr 14, 2021
Awwwwwwww probably tho.... Having someone die in your arms is something you wouldn't wish for an enemy
Righteousness2:

First Sign

[/b]
Second Sign

[b]

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by harmargedon: 2:31pm On Apr 14, 2021
Righteousness2:

A dying person needs someone close to him. wait let me guess, you wanted to say Jesus right?
Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by McTobe(m): 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
No: your answer shows that spiritually you are still a nascent(No insults meant please)
The Bible is not perfect. At least every serious Christian knows that there were errors during translations and some meanings were also lost during translation of the Bible to English because some words were translated approximately.
To your last line: you quoted out of the Context. Reason The thief made a confession to the Son of God (Who is the Love of the Father) himself and not to any other human being(not the same with any human being accepting Christ on his Deathbed for fear of Death)

Also he (the thief) has paid for his sin of stealing which was the reason for his Crucifixion on the Cross and hence when Christ said today you will be with me in paradise it simply mean that Christ is already affirming that He(the pertinent thief) has paid for his own sin hence paradise is assured for him
Finally as a Christian I KNOW that THE BLOOD OF CHRIST does not wash away anybody’s sin neither does merely confessing that you believe in Him bring Salvation but that Salvation can only come when you as an individual LIVE the TRUE TEACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST or any other TRUTH BRINGER.
Righteousness2:

Listen Carefully!! Every book , Chapter and verse of the Holy Bible is the Word of GOD. You afraid, you believe or you Don't is Irrelevant.
That is the Book that will Judge u.

The Holy Bible is the Word of GOD Written by Men under the Inspiration of GOD ALMIGHTY. No part of the Bible is Faulty.

As for your Question, The Criminal who was crucified with JESUS and on his way to Hell got his Eternity switched right Befor his death by a little Prayer. " Remember me When thou comedy into their kingdom "

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Righteousness2(m): 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2021
McTobe:
No: your answer shows that spiritually you are still a nascent(No insults meant please)
The Bible is not perfect. At least every serious Christian knows that there were errors during translations and some meanings were also lost during translation of the Bible to English because some words were translated approximately.
To your last line: you quoted out of the Context. Reason The thief made a confession to the Son of God (Who is the Love of the Father) himself and not to any other human being(not the same with any human being accepting Christ on his Deathbed for fear of Death)

Also he (the thief) has paid for his sin of stealing which was the reason for his Crucifixion on the Cross and hence when Christ said today you will be with me in paradise it simply mean that Christ is already affirming that He(the pertinent thief) has paid for his own sin hence paradise is assured for him
Finally as a Christian I KNOW that THE BLOOD OF CHRIST does not wash away anybody’s sin neither does merely confessing that you believe in Him bring Salvation but that Salvation can only come when you as an individual LIVE the TRUE TEACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST or any other TRUTH BRINGER.
I am through with you!
If you Like, Heed to words I say,
If you Like, ignore! All good!
In Due time,You will Reap what you Sow..

1 Like

Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by McTobe(m): 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2021
Thank you. We will all reap what we sow( that is a law of Creation already) be it through our Words, thoughts or deed. Some also sow ignorance, spiritual indolence and the likes , They too will reap it bountifully
Righteousness2:

I am through with you!
If you Like, Heed to words I say,
If you Like, ignore! All good!
In Due time,You will Reap what you Sow..
Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Shellsploit: 4:07pm On Apr 14, 2021
Where's lalasticlacla sef shocked
Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 14, 2021
Mouth Gig:
True. That was He was asking the son to save Him.
Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 14, 2021
Mouth Gig:
Be like say that heavy duty gum way you sniff don day show face.
Re: How Oliver De Coque Most Kept Secret Took Him To Early Grave by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 14, 2021
Righteousness2:

First Sign

[/b]
Second Sign

[b]

this rubbish mongoose always spamming threads with his crap, if you challenge his rubbish delusions na to cancel your comment. Nonsense and ingredients.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Actress Sola Sobowale (Toyin Tomato) Stunning New Photo / Unbelievable! Before And After Make-up Photos Of An Albino Girl Breaks Internet / The Only Crime I Committed Is Being Too Handsome "Benson Okonkwo" (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.