Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,330 members, 7,850,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:55 PM

How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? (742 Views)

Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! / How Do I Evict A Mentally Unstable Tenant From My Shop? / How Can I Evict A Flatmate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? by seyi360(m): 2:44pm On Apr 14, 2021
I need practical suggestions on how to drive out a stubborn tenant oweing 3 years rent. Mind you, I want to avoid the court or mediation centres. I'm racking my brain on how to make him voluntarily move out. A. 6 month quit notice was served him, after which a 7 day ultimatum followed. He is still obstinate, telling me to go to court.
Re: How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 14, 2021
go call amotekun for him
Re: How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? by harmargedon: 2:51pm On Apr 14, 2021
do you live in the same building with him?
Re: How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? by chuksville(m): 2:53pm On Apr 14, 2021
Report him to Boko Haram or Eastern Security Network (ESN)
Re: How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? by MightySparrow: 2:56pm On Apr 14, 2021
report the tenant to me officiallygrin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? by seyi360(m): 2:57pm On Apr 14, 2021
harmargedon:
do you live in the same building with him?

No, but in the same locality
Re: How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? by seyi360(m): 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
chuksville:
Report him to Boko Haram or Eastern Security Network (ESN)

I live in Lagos
Re: How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? by donbachi(m): 3:20pm On Apr 14, 2021
unroof dat part of him flat..wen rain beat am,no be person go tell am to pack.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? by keeper303: 3:23pm On Apr 14, 2021
seyi360:
I need practical suggestions on how to drive out a stubborn tenant oweing 3 years rent. Mind you, I want to avoid the court or mediation centres. I'm racking my brain on how to make him voluntarily move out. A. 6 month quit notice was served him, after which a 7 day ultimatum followed. He is still obstinate, telling me to go to court.

Some tenants are just wicked.
Re: How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? by seyi360(m): 3:25pm On Apr 14, 2021
donbachi:
unroof dat part of him flat..wen rain beat am,no be person go tell am to pack.

I'm seriously thinking along this line
Re: How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? by Stevyne: 6:19pm On Apr 14, 2021
seyi360:
With all due respect you are a weak landlord.
He don see you finish, how will someone be owin you 3 years rent.

Man up
Enter his apartment and carry his things out of the house.
Or better still rent the room out, him go find him way
Re: How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? by seyi360(m): 6:53pm On Apr 14, 2021
Stevyne:
With all due respect you are a weak landlord.
He don see you finish, how will someone be owin you 3 years rent.

Man up
Enter his apartment and carry his things out of the house.
Or better still rent the room out, him go find him way

There is a little history behind the 3 years accumulated rent which isn't necessary here.
Forceful eviction is not that easy , there are dire consequences so I cannot just enter his flat and throw his things out. The tenancy law in Lagos favors tenants.
Re: How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? by Stevyne: 6:55pm On Apr 14, 2021
seyi360:

There is a little history behind the 3 years accumulated rent which isn't necessary here.
Forceful eviction is not that easy , there are dire consequences so I cannot just enter his flat and throw his things out. The tenancy law in Lagos favors tenants.
So who is at loss now
You or him?
Re: How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? by seyi360(m): 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2021
Stevyne:
So who is at loss now
You or him?

The important thing is to recover my property
Re: How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? by Stevyne: 12:36am On Apr 15, 2021
seyi360:

The important thing is to recover my property
Then do what I ask you do.
Throw him out of the house, Rent the room out
Re: How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? by Polaris1: 7:40am On Apr 15, 2021
seyi360:

You know the right thing to do.
You have served the statutory 6months quit notice and followed up with a 7days notice of intention to recover possession.
The next step is to approach a court in your jurisdiction to file an action.
You need to talk to a lawyer. There is no legal alternative.

(1) (Reply)

Get A Full Plot Of Land For 1.2 Million Naira In Igbonla Epe . / Top 5 Real Estate Listing Websites In Nigeria Of 2022 / Distress Sale Of 4bedroomsemi Detach Duplex At Ikotavilla Estate Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.