Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? (7732 Views)

How To Use Math To Say "Eid Mubarak"! / Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) / What To Say When Baby Who Can't Respond Sneezes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by Lukgaf(m): 6:05am On Apr 16, 2021
Praise be to Allah.

‘Umar said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say when breaking his fast: “Dhahaba al-zama’ wa abtalat al-‘urooq wa thabata al-ajr in sha Allaah (Thirst is gone, the veins are moistened and the reward is certain if Allaah wills).”

Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2357; al-Daaraqutni, 25. Ibn Hajar said in al-Talkhees al-Habeer (2/202): al-Daaraqutni said, its isnaad is saheeh.

The du’aa’ “Allaahumma laka sumtu wa ‘ala rizqika aftartu (O Allaah, for You have I fasted and by Your provision I have broken my fast)” was narrated by Abu Dawood, 2358. It is a mursal hadeeth so it is da’eef (weak) . Al-Albaani classed it as da’eef in ben dawwad (510)

Saying du’aa’ after doing acts of worship is deeply rooted in sharee’ah, such as making du’aa’ after praying and after completing the rituals of Hajj. Fasting is not excluded from that in sha Allaah. Allaah mentioned the verse of du’aa’ and encouraged du’aa’ among the verses that speak of fasting, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright”

[al-Baqarah 2:186]

Pointing out the importance of making du’aa’ during this month, Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said:

Allaah tells us that He is close to His slaves and responds to the supplication (du’aa’) of the one who calls upon Him. Here He is telling us of His Lordship (ruboobiyyah) over them and that He gives them what they ask for and He responds to their du’aa’. For if they call upon Him that means they believe that He is their Lord… Then He enjoins two things upon them, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright”

The first is that they should obey His commands to worship Him and seek His help.

The second is that they should believe in His Lordship (ruboobiyyah) and Divinity (uloohiyyah), and that He is their Lord and their God. Hence it is said that response to a person’s du’aa’ is indicative of the soundness of his belief and the perfection of his obedience, because the verse of du’aa’ ends with the words (interpretation of the meaning):

“So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright”

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 14/33.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/26879/duaa-of-the-fasting-person-when-breaking-his-fast

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by Abboki: 9:56am On Apr 23, 2021
Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by Firstsalaudeen: 9:56am On Apr 23, 2021
Very good and well state

1 Like

Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by Olawumi1032(f): 9:58am On Apr 23, 2021
May Allah accept our dua

4 Likes

Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by marvin906(m): 9:58am On Apr 23, 2021
Did you even fast in the first place

Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by oloyedewaris(m): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2021
Alhamdullillah
Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by Joromi1: 10:02am On Apr 23, 2021
Say, "Jesus is Lord!"

Amen!

1 Like

Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by oloyedewaris(m): 10:02am On Apr 23, 2021
DamnNiggar:
grin grin grin
Say this all terrorists perish in the name if Allah
When will you stop all these childish behavior
Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 10:06am On Apr 23, 2021
1 - 0 - 1 Method Of Fasting

1 Like

Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by Robnectar(m): 10:20am On Apr 23, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

hmmmmm :\ undecided
ANTIlSLAM:

hmmmmm :\
Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by DamnNiggar: 10:21am On Apr 23, 2021
oloyedewaris:

When will you stop all these childish behavior

When muslims stop the killing of innocent humans angry

1 Like

Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by alasane: 10:56am On Apr 23, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

The Messenger of Allāh ﷺ said:

« The difference between our fasting and that of the People of the Book is taking the predawn meal.»〘 Ṣaḥīh Muslim 〙

2 Likes

Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by merits(m): 11:05am On Apr 23, 2021

Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by ariesbull: 11:12am On Apr 23, 2021
Fasting that you download meal as early As possible in 4am

Is that one fasting.... Christian are the one that do the real fasting
Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by isram: 11:27am On Apr 23, 2021
Yeye people u skip only lunch and you won't allow us hear word, always singing I'm fasting, I'm fasting. Yeye

4 Likes

Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by eluquenson(m): 11:39am On Apr 23, 2021
Ramadan Kareem to all muslims.

It's been a while here, alhamdullilahi

2 Likes

Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by olalekan9320(m): 12:12pm On Apr 23, 2021
ariesbull:

What's this now, you even had to swear to comment, will give you a dose of your comment

Are you talking about a religion with different denominations with different ways of fasting, I doubt the way you people should fast is properly stated in your scriptures. For some of you it's allowed to take water while fasting, eat as long as their is no salt or pepper.

People like you don't deserve a comment though

1 Like

Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by moufan: 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2021
nice one op, jazakhumllahu akhiran
Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 23, 2021
Masha Allah. May Allah accept our ibadah.
Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2021
ariesbull:

Who sent them to punish themselves, God know us more than we know ourselves because he created us. And he will never burden us more than we can bear. For you to know, Muslims will never practice what is not prescribe for them, that is one of the differences.
Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2021
alasane:

The Messenger of Allāh ﷺ said:

« The difference between our fasting and that of the People of the Book is taking the predawn meal.»〘 Ṣaḥīh Muslim 〙

And you are fasting while you only miss lunch right? Sorry is your name
Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2021
Robnectar:

hmmmmm :\ undecided

hmmmmm :\

Yeah
Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by yusufhaji(m): 1:18pm On Apr 23, 2021
Please my fellow Muslim brothers and sister, kindly assist me with a token to sustain my family in this month of Ramadan. Things has been really difficult for me. May Allah replenish your pockets, ameen. My account no is 0114284308, GT Bank. Jazakumullahu khairan.
Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by alasane: 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

Just like your ancestors break their by 12 noon
Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by alasane: 2:07pm On Apr 23, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

Even yours have no uniform definitions or regulations
Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2021
alasane:

Even yours have no uniform definitions or regulations

Uniform definitions in what sense?
Re: What To Say Upon Breaking Fast? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 2:27pm On Apr 23, 2021
alasane:

Just like your ancestors break their by 12 noon

Buhahahaha den never born Muhammad well while alive to fasted for forty days and night talkless of fasting for a full day without not eating (sahoor) and KISSING HIS WIVES under the disguise of observing ramadhan grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Muslim Men Like Marrying Kids / What Are The Recommended Acts In First 10days Of Dhul-hijjah? / Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.