Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital (29173 Views)

Niger PM In Chad As US, Russia Urge Diplomatic Option In Crisis / Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital / Syrian Government Chopper Shot Down By Rebels (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by blamingthedevil: 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2021
The State Department ordered nonessential U.S. personnel out of Chad on Sunday amid growing concerns about advancing rebel forces in the country.

Reuters reported that a State Department spokesperson confirmed the move, pointing to the proximity of rebel groups to the nation's capital.

"Due to their growing proximity to N'Djamena and the possibility for violence in the city, non-essential U.S. government employees have been ordered to leave Chad by commercial airline," the spokesperson said.

The Hill has reached out to the State Department for further comment.

Rebel groups have frequently tried to overthrow Idriss Déby, Chad's self-proclaimed president who has ruled the country for more than three decades after launching a successful coup himself. Déby is supported by France and the U.S., which consider him and the country an important ally against Islamist extremists in the region.

Rebel forces posted on social media late last week that they had overtaken a Chadian army base in the country's northern region, while claiming that the army was receiving logistical support from France.
https://thehill.com/policy/international/africa/548865-us-orders-embassy-staff-to-leave-chad-as-rebels-near-capital

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by helinues: 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
So Chad are still into this unnecessary fighting after their presidential election..

Na wah oo

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by othermen: 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
we pray for peace in Chad.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by dirivov729: 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
Follow nice
Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by Conrod: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2021
helinues:
So Chad are still into this unnecessary fighting after their presidential election..

Na wah oo
Why use the word "unnecessary" for a people fighting for their freedom from tyranny ?

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2021
Africa is blessed ( I don't like the word cursed ) with a lot of Tyrants as leaders
hence the unending conflict in certain regions

Think about Mugabe......Idi Amin......Paul Biya......Gen. Mumu Bubu ( this one doesn't have any single respect for the constitution and the law)..........

Then apart from the leaders.... most African citizens are living the suffering and smiling lifestyle......

God help us......

116 Likes 12 Shares

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by slawormiir: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright .....
See format....

Sweetheart... the American government just issued a statement that we should leave Chad by commercial airline.
So I will have to forward what we discussed earlier to you through a reliable courier company immediately.
I will have to forward the invoice or rather receipt and tracking number to you immediately the courier company assure me it is en-route
Honey, when it arrives china. Take it to the industrial and commercial bank of China...ICBC

Only my real niggarrrrs will understand what am saying...pussy ass niggarrs and the rest of my baby girls will not understand....except if the boy friend of that baby girl is a real niggarrr

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by northvietnam(m): 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2021
When will naija turn reach

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by eedimo(m): 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2021
Inside life
Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by KingKingKing: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2021
Chad, Niger Republic, Northern part of Nigeria why is terrorism rife in these places? I need a sincere Muslim from the North to please answer me?

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by pickatyou1: 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
All this people no just want peace.
Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by Nigeriabiafra82: 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
Who remembered the dream I posted here on how terrorists invaded and took over Niger /chad
And expand towards Nigeria but meet stiff resistance in the east
Mod permit me to post the link
Gradually things is unfolding

Read for yourself
Nigeria be prepared
Especially south west prepare
This is little I can share here

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by helinues: 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
Conrod:
Why use the word "unnecessary" for a people fighting for their freedom from tyranny ?

Tyranny when an election was conducted to elect the president?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by EricSmallz(m): 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
The World is not at Peace
Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by Consultville(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2021
Ruled the country for more than three decades

Supported by US and France hmmm.

Okay o

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by ChiefSosa(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2021
Wahala too much for this life. Wahala no fit ever finish, the best thing is to just hustle, take care of yourself and loved ones. But, why will someone rule for decades and will still be fighting for power, that's greed, fear God na. African leaders are greedy sha...

3 Likes

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by grandlexuz(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2021
G
Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by buckeyemedia: 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2021
northvietnam:
When will naija turn reach
Let it start from your family, & let the turmoil end with your family, as you have wished so shall it be unto you.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by grandlexuz(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2021
Conrod:

Looks like tyranny now has a new meaning. Jihadist rebels raping, torturing and recruiting child soldiers have become freedom fighters.

8 Likes

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by CasNova: 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2021
Africans have problem with internacine conflicts and violence.

Somehow, I like this Idris Debby and I wish the rebels will not succeed in uprooting him.

3 Likes

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by Mindlog: 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
That country will turn to another Somalia.

1 Like

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by 4tomandchi: 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
The dynamics of rebellion around the world is making the world ungovernable for America.

Is the world finally on the brink of collapse?
Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by Liposure: 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
African leaders and their sit tight policy as if it's their birthright to rule forever

5 Likes

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by Sunisonflex39(m): 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2021
so Chad are fighting boko haram and rebels. hmmm

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2021
KingKingKing:
Chad, Niger Republic, Northern part of Nigeria why is terrorism rife in these places? I need a sincere Muslim from the North to please answer me?
Why we need to disintegrate so every region can carry their cross.

7 Likes

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2021
May God protect everyone
Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by Wonk(m): 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2021
God-damn-it!
More than three frikkin' decades? Wha'dafvck is wrong with Africans?

5 Likes

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by ipobarethieves: 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2021
sad
Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by Torosk1(m): 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2021
buckeyemedia:
Let it start from your family, & let the turmoil end with your family, as you have wished so shall it be unto you.
You dey vex o

2 Likes

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by fitzmayowa: 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2021
This is an avenue for BH to get more arms a war in chad this period is like handing candy to BH they might use the opportunity to capture towns in Chad by simply aligning with the rebel in fighting government forces....

The war against BH just got more complex with this.... whew!!!

3 Likes

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by Throwback: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2021
Is this not the same Chad we use their army "exploits without pictures" to vilify our own military in the battle against Boko Haram, yet rebels are almost overrunning the capital city?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital by Xkale1234(m): 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2021
Ruled the country for more than three decades

Supported by US and France hmmm

This shows that western nation's are hypocrite
Is bcox of the same issue the western nation's fought Gaddafi of libya

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soleimani: The Muslim Nation Will Revenge Against Trump - President Raisi / Palestinian Christians In Gaza Observe Easter Amid Israel's War (Photos) / Pentagon Says Frustrated Putin May Use Nukes If War In Ukraine Is Unwinnable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.