Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,767 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders (25029 Views)

Guinean Military Junta Dissolves Government, Seals Country’s Borders / US Government Imposes Sanctions On Israeli Settlers Accused Of West Bank Violenc / Norway Shuts Borders, Ports To Russian Goods, Exempts Fishing Vessels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:24pm On Apr 20, 2021
Pierocash:

Marcus Aurelious ,One of the Roman Emperor was killed by his own son and took over power.

Sorry, this didn't happen in real life (just in the Gladiator movie).

Also, his name is Marcus Aurelius.

1 Like

Re: Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders by blackslayer: 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2021
Jerryherd:

A country at war with rebels must have a leader immediately, and as a show of respect and sign of Loyalty, his 4 star General son was asked to lead

LOL...common sense response....I tell you....A lot of people are either consciously daft or just unable to learn critical thinking!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders by Emmyloyalty: 3:47pm On Apr 20, 2021
Amaechi2023:
when they say this man died due to multiple Frontline injury, I don't seems to understand.
it's impossible for me to believe he's at the Frontline with weapon fighting terrorist, it just not possible to believe.
rather they should say he's always supervising every successful battle his soldiers made.
that statement from Chad is just takes by moonlight.
the president is just like other African president.
stay in power till death.
he's been there for over 20years and still counting.
Cho..

30 years actually.
Re: Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders by gbadexy(m): 4:51pm On Apr 20, 2021
SmartProf:
The po pqnsame military is making everything seem like a coup having asked his son to take over as leader of the country immediately. I hope there is nothing fishy as per some conspiracy among top army leaders in that country.
Re: Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders by AfroBeatDiary: 5:18pm On Apr 20, 2021
SmartProf:
The same military is making everything seem like a coup having asked his son to take over as leader of the country immediately. I hope there is nothing fishy as per some conspiracy among top army leaders in that country.

It's a strategy to kill him like they kill his father.

1 Like

Re: Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders by Harwoyeez(m): 5:34pm On Apr 20, 2021
Not quite familiar with them but I read it that the their equivalent of senate president should take over in case of this kind of situation but you know people like to perpetuate themselves in power
baralatie:

which means the military has every reason to take over
Re: Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders by Onyemabright(m): 5:49pm On Apr 20, 2021
yes
Re: Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders by Carlyscales: 6:31pm On Apr 20, 2021
Pierocash:
Now I know ,that Idris Deby was killed in coup . How can a democratically elected president die ,and instead of his vice to take over,you imposed a military officer as the head of state,and dissolve parliament.

This is a coup,Idris Deby was killed and over thrown by the military.

Military government laid the foundation of Nigeria's problem bedeviling us today.

I smell that the fulani caliphate aren't happy with Deby because of his ruthless dealing of terrorist by leading the war from the Frontline.

I think Isa pantami,and buhari has a question to address
Chadian constitution actually states that the speaker of parliament and not the VP ( if there's one) takes over in a case where d president is incapacitated or dead, till another election in a few months. The military actually dissolved the parliament and suspended the constitution before selecting Gen Mahamat Deby.

But with the level of terrorist and rebel groups activities in Chad now. I don't think a civilian president can keep the country together. I'm not even sure that Chad is ready for democracy at the moment.

But obviously the way the president was exposed in that operation leaves a lot of room for suspicion.
In an operation where 300 rebels were killed and scores captured. With only 36 wounded soldiers and 5 dead.
How can the president be among the dead.
It looks like he and the presidential guards were attacked directly or even ambushed.

But I believe if it was an internal arrangement, the son will definitely be the know.

1 Like

Re: Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders by ECHICHE: 6:47pm On Apr 20, 2021
Obviously, the truth hv not been told about Idris Deby's sudden death.

Is President Deby an army to lead a battle against rebel?

If that is the case, is the President not supposed to be heavily protected and guarded by experienced soldiers?

Why must the Chadian army exposed their president to overwhelming danger knowing fully well that the president is not a soldier?

I believe there is more to be told about President Deby's death.
Re: Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders by Pierocash(m): 6:50pm On Apr 20, 2021
Carlyscales:

Chadian constitution actually states that the speaker of parliament and not the VP ( if there's one) takes over in a case where d president is incapacitated or dead, pending till another election. The military actually dissolved the parliament and suspended the constitution.

But with the level of terrorist and rebel groups activities in Chad. I don't think a civilian as president can keep the country together. I'm not even sure that Chad is ready for democracy now.

But obviously the way the president was exposed in that operation leaves a lot of room for suspicion. In a operation where 300 rebels were killed, scores captured, and only 36 wounded soldiers and 5 dead. How can the president be inside the wounded.
It looks like he and the presidential guards were attacked directly or even ambushed.

But I believe if it was an internal arrangement, the son will definitely be the know.
bro it was a coup. It is visible to the blind.
Re: Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders by gammarays(m): 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2021
You guys are really good. Many speculations here. I'll have to outline these :

1. If it's a coup targeted by the Army against President idris, his son won't be spared.

2. Can Idris junior plot a successful coup against his father without facing his father's loyalists? His father has been in power for over 20 years and there's no recent record of fractures between the Chadian army.

3. Idris has been grooming his son to take over from him right from onset no wonder his son is a general at a young age. Let's also remember that most African countries run a dictatorship system with a democratic face.

4. The Chadian army still hold Idris in high esteem that's why they installed his son as acting president. They're loyal to the core.

5. Chad is a small country with little resources and don't have the luxury of many armed forces and weaponry that's why the president will be present in battle always unlike other countries where there are personnel and weaponry to do that. That answers the question of why a whole president will always be active in battles.

6. The attack on the president which led to his death was an external attack. It was targeted at the armed forces and the president. The attack was coordinated and sponsored by external bodies same externals coordinating terrorism in Chad, niger, Nigeria and co. A lot has been going on in these regions making the armed forces to be overwhelmed.

7. The Chadian army in her wisdom decided to cordon off external influence on Chad by shutting down borders, parliament and so on. The best way to maintain this onslaught against terrorism is through a full fledged military action. Not what is obtainable in Nigeria where politicians have a field day and has politicised everything including the armed forces to the detriment of her citizens. These sponsors of terrorism has infiltrated Nigeria to the extent they have the highly placed on their payroll.

Chadians knows the best for themselves and I pray for them in this trying period.

2 Likes

Re: Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders by Katcall: 8:51pm On Apr 20, 2021
Pierocash:
his son is the highest ranking military officer,when a coup succeeds,it is the highest ranking officer that takes charge. He may,or may not be involve,but his taking over is the only option as far as coup is concerned.

Marcus Aurelius ,One of the Roman Emperor was killed by his own son and took over power.
Gowon took over ahead of Ogundipe
Re: Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders by ola9ja(m): 8:58pm On Apr 20, 2021
TChad does not a vice president , its the President and Prime Minister.
I don't even understand the system of Government they are practicing .

Pierocash:
Now I know ,that Idris Deby was killed in coup . How can a democratically elected president die ,and instead of his vice to take over,you imposed a military officer as the head of state,and dissolve parliament.

This is a coup,Idris Deby was killed and over thrown by the military.

Military government laid the foundation of Nigeria's problem bedeviling us today.

I smell that the fulani caliphate aren't happy with Deby because of his ruthless dealing of terrorist by leading the war from the Frontline.

I think Isa pantami,and buhari has a question to address
Re: Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders by Pierocash(m): 10:28pm On Apr 20, 2021
ola9ja:
TChad does not a vice president , its the President and Prime Minister.
I don't even understand the system of Government they are practicing .

it is same thing we are talking about. The Prime minister is his deputy.Whoever is taking over isn't a military officer. For military to take over means it was a coup
Re: Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders by Valkrie: 11:27pm On Apr 20, 2021
His son won't last in that position..!!
Re: Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders by kinguwem: 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2021
Pierocash:
haven't you seen children of Royal Highness killing their own fathers and took over rulership?

In the year AD 161 Marcus Aurelius a Roman Emperor who was the world leader then was killed by his own son ,and took over power .

Aside that,even if the son wasn't part of the coup,he is the highest ranking officer to take over
Marcus Aurelius was never a Caesar. He's an imaginary character created as a Roman Emperor in the film 'Gladiators'.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Germany To Expel Chad Ambassador, Mariam Ali Moussa, In Tit-for-tat Move / The Human Cost Of The Israeli-palestinian Conflict (deaths/injuries): Documented / Russia Bans Jill Biden, Daughter Ashley, 23 Americans From Entering The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.