Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow (21930 Views)

Mauricio Pochettino Signs Contract As Chelsea Head Coach Until 2026 / ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition / ESL: Arsenal Withdraws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by lexy2014: 8:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
rockyh:
they achieved their aim which is to milk more money from UEFA

Really? Aren't u seeing that d esl has already suffered 2 casualties?

1 Like

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by spine: 8:22pm On Apr 20, 2021
olaboy33:
Like I have imagined, the Super league would not see the light of the day.

Instead UEFA and the big clubs would reach a negotiation to increase the revenue to clubs.

Everything happened so fast, there was no plan, it was doomed to fail.

Well,
As long as they come to terms and adjust the revenue issues which they were reluctant to do before,
There may be no failure here.

Compromise is what is needed from both sides.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by lexy2014: 8:23pm On Apr 20, 2021
captainamiedi1:

Na UEFA and FIFA na nor dey greedy abi?? How much UEFA president dey take?? How much winner of champions league they take?? What about the monopoly for tv rights?? You want your club to sign the best players abi?? Na their teeth them go use sign am abi??

How much UEFA president dey take??

How much winner of champions league they take??

What about the monopoly for tv rights??

Is it uefa that asked clubs to sign expensive players?
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Wallade(m): 8:27pm On Apr 20, 2021
EzeNri:

Can you fight FIFA, UEFA, FA, British Government, the Fans, Media, Legends?

Who you want fight?

It is not a fight, why is everyone interpreting a fight. National and FA leagues will not be affected by European Super League. Fans will still watch good football. Media will still cover all the leagues, Legends and FIFA can take a chill - they will enjoy it.

As for UEFA, they can take a piss
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Wallade(m): 8:27pm On Apr 20, 2021
rockyh:
they achieved their aim which is to milk more money from UEFA

Those clubs have got bills to pay.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Wallade(m): 8:28pm On Apr 20, 2021
lexy2014:

Since u have balls, go and replace them in d super league

I am not a football club and please don't be angry with progress.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Neddyogu(m): 8:29pm On Apr 20, 2021
U fail to plan, u plan to fail. Plan all the way to the end.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by AroleOduduwa2: 8:30pm On Apr 20, 2021
Man city is own by the Abu’s and the Abu’s own UEFA & FIFA, that’s why man city can buy success unchecked.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Wallade(m): 8:31pm On Apr 20, 2021
ThreeBlackBird:

Baba, leave balls. The fans are the game.

Fans are just deceived to rebel against their clubs in the interest of UEFA. What do the the fans want other than good football. I am too sure they want the best players in their clubs so how will the clubs afford such players when they can't take advantage of European Super League. We are talking cool 400,000 million pounds plus annually.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by lexy2014: 8:31pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wallade:

What stops u from forming ur own football club?

What is d progress u are referring to?

Where did u see anger? I thought u are d one angry because clubs are withdrawing from esl? Are they "angry with progress"?

1 Like

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by sterlingD(m): 8:32pm On Apr 20, 2021
Them still dey UCL at semi final stage if them enter ESL UEFA fit boot them out and their own go finish for UCL
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Wallade(m): 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2021
lexy2014:

What stops u from forming ur own football club?

What is d progress u are referring to?

I don't have the capital to set up or acquire a football club in Europe.

Additional 400,000 million pounds annually is progress, come on.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by lexy2014: 8:36pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wallade:

Where did u see anger? I thought u are d one angry because clubs are withdrawing from esl? Are they "angry with progress"?

1 Like

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by lexy2014: 8:37pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wallade:

I don't have the capital to set up or acquire a football club in Europe.

Additional 400,000 million pounds annually is progress, come on.

Y don't u have d capital to set up or acquire a football club in Europe?

Is 400b pounds annual going to enter ur pocket?
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by EzeNri(m): 8:37pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wallade:

It is not a fight, why is everyone interpreting a fight. National and FA leagues will not be affected by European Super League. Fans will still watch good football. Media will still cover all the leagues, Legends and FIFA can take a chill - they will enjoy it.

As for UEFA, they can take a piss
It is a fight against FOOTBALL and I am glad the round leather game is winning.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Wallade(m): 8:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
lexy2014:

You misunderstood me, I am not angry with any club without balls to finish what they have started.

The European Super League will commence with or without them.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Wallade(m): 8:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
EzeNri:

It is a fight against FOOTBALL and I am glad the round leather game is winning.

Explain how it is a fight against football
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Wallade(m): 8:39pm On Apr 20, 2021
lexy2014:

Man, you have started asking stupid questions. You just lost my attention

1 Like

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by lexy2014: 8:40pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wallade:

You misunderstood me, I am not angry with any club without balls to finish what they have started.

The European Super League will commence with or without them.

If u say I "misunderstood" ur anger, where then did u see d anger u said I have towards progress?

When is d esl starting that u say it will commence with or without them?
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by lexy2014: 8:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wallade:

Man, you have started asking stupid questions. You just lost my attention

Insults don't answer simple questions:

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by butterfly777(m): 8:42pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ololanla:
Didn't they do their homework very well before coming out to announce the plan.??
Yeye..

Bros chil, all these may be part of the game plan. Remember, what they really want is get/negotiate forr more money. The ESL is only a means to that end, and not the end itself.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Wallade(m): 8:46pm On Apr 20, 2021
lexy2014:

You really want my answers to these ridiculous questions. I have got no time to banter stupidly.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by frankson1(m): 8:47pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wallade:

Every club that withdraw form the European Super League have got no balls

Who's gonna pay to watch them play when their supporters are already against them undecided
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Wallade(m): 8:47pm On Apr 20, 2021
lexy2014:

If u say I "misunderstood" ur anger, where then did u see d anger u said I have towards progress?

Do more online research. Google is your friend
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Wallade(m): 8:49pm On Apr 20, 2021
frankson1:

Who's gonna pay to watch them play when their supporters are already against them undecided

You and every football lovers will still watch. We can take a bet on that.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by frankson1(m): 8:52pm On Apr 20, 2021
lexy2014:

Really? Aren't u seeing that d esl has already suffered 2 casualties?

The clubs that formed this esl of a thing should be punished by deducting at least 15pts off their total points in this season both in their domestic leagues and international.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by maasoap(m): 8:52pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ololanla:
Didn't they do their homework very well before coming out to announce the plan.??
Yeye..

They did. Just that everything stands against them which wasn't supposed to be part of the move. I mean UEFA, FIFA, fans and supporters, government. The threat of isolation against the players and clubs from the national league, other UEFA competitions, World Cup and so on.
Their only aim was to withdraw from the UEFA champions league alone and not to fight everybody and organisation. But they got something out this move.

FIFA president Gianni Infantino warned of the consequences clubs must face if they decide to leave UEFA. They have responded by offering more money in the Champions League .
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by lexy2014: 8:52pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wallade:

Do more online research. Google is your friend

Is google ur enemy? Didn't u do ur own online research before u made it comment? Meanwhile,

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by lexy2014: 8:53pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wallade:

You really want my answers to these ridiculous questions. I have got no time to banter stupidly.

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by frankson1(m): 8:53pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wallade:

You and every football lovers will still watch. We can take a bet on that.

It's going to be too boring because they will only play amongst themselves year-in-year-out.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by shogsman(m): 8:53pm On Apr 20, 2021
Where are the stupid nairalanders shouting esl is here to stay

1 Like

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Wallade(m): 8:56pm On Apr 20, 2021
frankson1:

It's going to be too boring because they will only play amongst themselves year-in-year-out.

It will grow, open your eyes. A lot of other clubs will eventually join when it stands. Everyone wants to make money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Real Madrid Vs Sevilla, UEFA Super Cup (2 - 0) On 12th August 2014 / Chelsea Vs Hull City: FA Cup (4 - 0) On 16th February 2018 / Maccabi Tel Aviv Vs Chelsea: UCL (0 - 4) On 24th November 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.