Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular (64985 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Are In A Class Of Their Own By King0g / Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Stevyne: 1:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
DSC7:

I pick cheque.....

Fireboy no conk......

I no sabi Dax nd NF but i go mk research.....

Mind u i am a music promoter......

Cheque is talented but phyno still have lots of work to do......
I will say Phyno no too promote Cheque the way Olamide take promote and invest on Fireboy.

Bro Try listen to Dax and NF

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Ladycewhy(f): 1:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
DSC7:

Brymo na legend Abegggggg.....

Same with Asa........
He is still under rated compared to other artists in his caliber.
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by KiZiie(m): 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2021
DSC7:

Ok sir... Talent means when you are talented... but wizkid na noise maker.... am blasting best of South South mixtape presently... Erigga, Victor AD, Chike, Burnaboy, etc... Wizkid no fit make the list

Man is good at what he does, regardless.
I enjoy some of his sing, really.
Ayo for one was a good album.
So is sounds from the other side,
Granted you might not enjoy his music but Don't discredit his work
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Bmaster(m): 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2021
brownskilo:
Remove Victor ad from the list and add
Ajebo Hustlers
Cavemen
Wurld
Ajebutter
Tclassic and
Zoro
who told you Zoro is not popular

You no well
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Ahamefuna0001(m): 1:18pm On Apr 21, 2021
When their time reach, them go over blow like Burns boy and Tekno
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by phr0nesis(m): 1:20pm On Apr 21, 2021
Iknowhow:

If I may,
Who do you currently know that is untalented but popular
Naira Marley
Zlatan
Olamide
Davido
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Bmaster(m): 1:24pm On Apr 21, 2021
[quote author=Vinnie2000 post=100988952]
Nice Post from d OP!!

You re correct on d Guys mentioned..Having nice songs but still not popular..

Der is also Idahams and Demmie Vee..

As for Erigga, He's just one of the Best Lyricist ever!! His Songs captures you Particularly if you re a Ghetto/Street person from a Not-Rich background!!

EriBaba is a Phototype of Legendary American Rappers Tupac and 50-cent!!

Sings about Drugs, Pussy, Diccks, Booze, etc in a Way that still Thrills you listening to it..

N he has Alot of Funny n Crazy Lines..e.g Like Christmas Day, I nor dey 'Cum' quick..lol

But He never Sought to settle in Lagos, Align with Music producers der and build his career in the entertainment capital of Nigeria..

Dats his un-doing but He seem OK with it!!

Erigga Na Boss!! Never knew MannaBBQGrill (Let me not call him Vulture 4 dis one) is a Erigga Fan..Lo
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by shegzhkn: 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2021
grossintel:
Sure

Alright thank you very much and i must say you may find the question i wanna ask strange but i will appreciate your input.

I understand you a freelancer and you've once opined that proud boys a.k.a yahoo boys don't make as much money as people think and there is a possibility that folks who ply their own trade on upwork, freelancer, fiverr make more money than these guys.

So in your opinion how much will you say a mid-level yahoo guys makes say weekly or monthly i know this is ain't a paid job and there is levels to stuffs they do ... but really how much do they really realize in monthly or annual basis.

Thanks.
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by CaptainFM1: 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2021
That is to tell you that talents alone is not enough!
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by drLammy(m): 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2021
K-Classic shud be on the list
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by pegix(m): 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2021
Erigga i nor even knw am

mind u i listen to a lot of nigerisn music
ive seen his name a couple times tho bt not a single music from jim

victor AD smashed the hell outta 2018
but now seems he has vanish into oblivion

OP add jessy jag to that list..........u might not knw that legend kids
he is good!
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Josywhyte: 1:42pm On Apr 21, 2021
Who tell u say Erriga get talent? Person wey Igbo dey send work make e dey carry sing na u say e get talent. Na so so about press press wey him dey sing and u call that one talent! Mtcheww
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2021
PoshTraveler:
victor ad killed his career by always complaining. when he bought benz, he felt he had landed

What washe complaining about?
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Meedon: 1:44pm On Apr 21, 2021
Alpha Ojini

Emmy_Kendo
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by NamelessOGBENI(m): 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2021
highmey:
Vader
One of the few dope rapper on my radar now...

Glad he's from Ibadan..

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by IGoComotYaTeeth: 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2021
iLegendd:

Timaya grew his career by complaining + storytelling + controversy.

Victor AD is the same, except no controversy. If you want to blow properly, be involved in at least 2 controversial issues. So, don't say he killed his career by complaining.

Complaining is one of the ways to blow, but you must fuel it with a controversy that involves the police and watch hungry bloggers, TV stations, radio stations, haters, etc. handle the rest. Two weeks later, everyone will want to interview you.

As a smart fellow, this is the time to drop a hit song featuring one of the most popular artistes. Omah Lay's arrest in Uganda helped him. Burna, 2face, Davido, Wizkid, Flavor, Naira Marley, etc. have theirs.

The fastest way to blow is not by being cool and smart, but cool, smart, and controversial.

I wrote a post about how to blow fast, but I guess those musicians don't see it.

Just like 6ix9ine
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by briggson07(m): 1:46pm On Apr 21, 2021
Optimistdude:
How is Erigga and Chike not popular?

Can u put Wizkid and chike side by side ?

Simple logic
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by briggson07(m): 1:47pm On Apr 21, 2021
BOJ is not popular here in the south but am his fan though
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Johnson225(m): 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2021
DSC7:

Lolssss.... you must be from SS probably Ph....
grin grin. Benin

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Angrygoat: 1:51pm On Apr 21, 2021
Semi detached en suite
Optimistdude:

What of parlour? grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2021
There is one they called king..... His songs is like highlife, pls if u know his name or song?
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by miraculousGod(m): 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2021
No matter how talented a musician is, If he doesn't spend enough money on promotion, he won't go far.
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Bayaar02(m): 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2021
Let me add... They call me fresh out jimma jimma sun lè lé!
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2021
shegzhkn:

Alright thank you very much and i must say you may find the question i wanna ask strange but i will appreciate your input.

I understand you a freelancer and you've once opined that proud boys a.k.a yahoo boys don't make as much money as people think and there is a possibility that folks who ply their own trade on upwork, freelancer, fiverr make more money than these guys.

So in your opinion how much will you say a mid-level yahoo guys makes say weekly or monthly i know this is ain't a paid job and there is levels to stuffs they do ... but really how much do they really realize in monthly or annual basis.

Thanks.
I'll just go straight to answer your question. In my opinion, from what I know and the yahoo boys I know. It's not always green on that side, in fact, there is no easy way to make money. Yahoo money is not guaranteed to come in as you plan, sometimes they go 6 months straight without picking a dime or maybe a few hundred dollars. But they do believe their payday will come so they cling to friends who picked money because believe me they are very generous. But here is the catch, most times it works for them, and before you know it the guy has bought a car and is boxed up overnight! So the money comes in bulk, $20k, $10k, and the big gees above $100k!

While Freelancer is much more steady and guaranteed it comes in Bits, I know ave made a lot from freelancing. There was a month I made about $10k or more, but usually, it comes in gradually and you know the money that comes in bits can't be comparable with bulk money. All in all, yahoo is not right! I even know a pastor friend who is into it and his reason is that God understands he needs the money.
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by maximizer61(m): 2:09pm On Apr 21, 2021
erigga na my man, ah swear i can't get tired listening to his raps...oboy i dnt know where dat guy dey get inspiration.

just download deejay-maxcman 2 hours with erigga and enjoy
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by maximizer61(m): 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
Josywhyte:
Who tell u say Erriga get talent? Person wey Igbo dey send work make e dey carry sing na u say e get talent. Na so so about press press wey him dey sing and u call that one talent! Mtcheww
erigga can use this ur reply rap nd u go like am very well
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Boss469(m): 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2021
Dr barz
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Josywhyte: 2:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
maximizer61:
erigga can use this ur reply rap nd u go like am very well

Na d last person song I fit download or listen to be that. His songs are meant for Yahoo boys and drug addicts. I listen to reggae,blues,RnB and other good music,not this trash from the likes of erriga,lil kesh and shmurda
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by shegzhkn: 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2021
grossintel:
I'll just go straight to answer your question. In my opinion, from what I know and the yahoo boys I know. It's not always green on that side, in fact, there is no easy way to make money. Yahoo money is not guaranteed to come in as you plan, sometimes they go 6 months straight without picking a dime or maybe a few hundred dollars. But they do believe their payday will come so they cling to friends who picked money because believe me they are very generous. But here is the catch, most times it works for them, and before you know it the guy has bought a car and is boxed up overnight! So the money comes in bulk, $20k, $10k, and the big gees above $100k!

While Freelancer is much more steady and guaranteed it comes in Bits, I know ave made a lot from freelancing. There was a month I made about $10k or more, but usually, it comes in gradually and you know the money that comes in bits can't be comparable with bulk money. All in all, yahoo is not right! I even know a pastor friend who is into it and his reason is that God understands he needs the money.

Lol @ bolded text.

So the money comes in bulk, $20k, $10k, and the big gees above $100k!

i will assume these folks ain't the gift cards and romance scam type perhaps BEC con.
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by moneylatalks: 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2021
Adaorababy:
Chike has been my most favorite artiste in recent times. The guy is super talented. My utmost respect for him anyday.
Unfortunately, The Nigerian audience breed untalented miscreants as musicians.

Yea that's my Mayowa...

Loved the guy in "battle ground"
never knew he sings
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by moneylatalks: 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2021
MrTAnonymous:
If anything can be agreed on, it' s the fact that Nigeria is blessed with an overflowing amount of talented musical artists. However, despite their gift, not many were able to make it to the top and a few who did were unable to stay consistent.

Due to the overwhelming number of artists, the competition became too high and some were unable to go further. These musicians still make entertaining music which their loyal fans love, but in the mainstream music industry, they' re still not as popular as they are supposed to be.

Erigga

Erigga is an amazing rapper from Delta state, he has been in the music industry for over a decade and has produced several hits along the way. He' s not as famous as some of the heavyweights in the music industry but Erigga is one of the best rappers from the South.

CKay

CKay is a natural vocalist, he has several hit songs but somehow he' s not as popular as he' s supposed to be. CKay made his way into the music industry back in 2019, his songs include; Love Nwantiti and Felony.

Chike

Chike is a wonderful singer, he hails from the South East and his instrument are his vocals. His songs are heartwarming and his 2020 album ' Boo of the Booless' was simply astonishing. He has received praise several times but still, he' s not as popular compared to other prominent artist because he' s relatively new.

Ladipoe

Ladipoe is an eccentric rapper, his rap game is on point. He' s signed under Mavin records, his 2020 song with Simi titled ' Know You' was a smash hit. After his big break with the aforementioned song, not much has been heard from Ladipoe.

Victor AD

Victor AD is a special singer, his songs are very insightful and sends a strong message to his listeners, one which anybody can relate to. His big break was with a song with Erigga titled ' Motivation' in 2018, later that year Victor shocked the nation with his hit single ' Wetin You Gain' , a song which became popular even in Ghana. Since then he has several songs with popular artists like Davido and Patoranking, but currently, he' s still not as famous as he was predicted to be.

Add yours.

Rotimi of "Power"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony / Collection Of 2face's Music ( Both Old And New ) / Princess Vitarah: "Masturbate" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.