Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Classical Music! Anyone In The House? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Classical Music! Anyone In The House? (1760 Views)

Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers / Pastor E.a Adeboye Classical Messages / Classical Music Is Better Than Rap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by ThinTima(f): 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2011
Just wondering if there's anyone here who is into or listen to or likes classical music/opera, or all of the above and is ashamed to admit it to others.
I love classical music though, any other person
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by Tunmi(f): 5:34am On Apr 23, 2011
I am definitely not ashamed to admit it but majority of the songs on my ipod are classical. Who do you listen to?
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by ThinTima(f): 9:32am On Apr 23, 2011
Tunmi:

I am definitely not ashamed to admit it but majority of the songs on my ipod are classical. Who do you listen to?
Oh that's great! All the major composers you you can think of from the Renaissance period to the 20th century. Who are you listening to presently
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by Tunmi(f): 5:39am On Apr 24, 2011
Currently I am in love with Heart of Courage's "Two Steps From Hell".
I am also into soundtracks and ost, particularly from Korean Dramas. And of course, there is Clint Mansell's "Reqiuem for a Dream" and Yiruma. You?
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by Ystranger: 5:50am On Apr 24, 2011
^^^

Hey, Long time, no hi?

WHats the deal?
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by Wordsmith(m): 7:35am On Apr 24, 2011
Joshua Bell's Romance Of The Violence. Most of the composed classicals he did. . . DeBussy's Maid With Flaxen Hair. Quite enjoyable
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by ThinTima(f): 8:17pm On Apr 24, 2011
@Tunmi, I definitely have to look at that, never heard of it though. Would also look at the Romance Of The Violence,
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by ThinTima(f): 8:35pm On Apr 24, 2011
Wordsmith:

Joshua Bell's Romance Of The Violence. Most of the composed classicals he did. . . DeBussy's Maid With Flaxen Hair. Quite enjoyable
Clair de lune is one of the best sounds that happened to me today, Also from Debussy
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by Tunmi(f): 6:17am On Apr 25, 2011
Ystranger:

^^^

Hey, Long time, no hi?

WHats the deal?
How are ya?
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by iceadenji(m): 12:08am On Apr 26, 2011
I don't listen to it that much I am more in to classic rock but I like listening to it I mean I appreciate good music no matter which genre it belongs to.

I Listen to it sometimes on tv and enjoy it but unfortunately I don't any classic music artists or songs by name so If you guys can make any suggestions that would be great I will surely give it a listen.
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by ThinTima(f): 3:10pm On Apr 26, 2011
ice-adenji:

I don't listen to it that much I am more in to classic rock but I like listening to it I mean I appreciate good music no matter which genre it belongs to.

I Listen to it sometimes on tv and enjoy it but unfortunately I don't any classic music artists or songs by name so If you guys can make any suggestions that would be great I will surely give it a listen.

Classical music is very wide. There's the vocals -solo for different voices and the choir and then there is the opera.Iinstruments; piano, solo violin, cello, clarinet, etc; then there is orchestra music which combines almost all of the instruments together.
Your best bet would be youtube. Try listening to Debussy piano classics, Chopin piano, Mozarts orchestra pieces.
Take it step by step though. All the best in your adventure wink
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by Tunmi(f): 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2011
Here's a recommendation: River Flows In You by Yiruma
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by ThinTima(f): 12:05pm On Apr 29, 2011
Tunmi:

Here's a recommendation: River Flows In You by Yiruma
Very beautiful indeed, Do you do opera?
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by iceadenji(m): 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2011
thanks for the suggestions I will check them out and let you know what I thought of them.
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by olayiwola9(m): 7:46am On May 08, 2011
Pachebel's canon in d gloria in excelsis deo oliver twist reviewing the situation anything handel mozart
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by Bawss1(m): 10:07pm On May 08, 2011
olayiwola9:

Pachebel's canon in d gloria in excelsis deo oliver twist reviewing the situation anything handel mozart

Thats nice. I can't seem to get enough of Pachebel's canon, its such a timeless piece. Bach's Preludio and Felix M. Bartholdy's Allegro Molto Appassionato (I came across it from a violin collection CD) are also some of my favorites.
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by Bawss1(m): 10:13pm On May 08, 2011
I never had much luck trying to get my friends to listen to classical music back in my university days, they'd always complain that I was trying to get them to listen to Tom and Jerry music. grin But I think classical music is such a [i]beautiful beautifu[/i]l form of music. Almost unearthly if you ask me.
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by ThinTima(f): 2:10pm On May 18, 2011
Bawss1:

I never had much luck trying to get my friends to listen to classical music back in my university days, they'd always complain that I was trying to get them to listen to Tom and Jerry music. grin But I think classical music is such a [i]beautiful beautifu[/i]l form of music. Almost unearthly if you ask me.
You're right you know. A few of my friends also think they are cartoon music, but funny enough they are not only for cartoons. They are equally used in high profile movies and stuffs. Have you seen the phantom of the opera Nice movie though,
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by ThinTima(f): 12:14pm On Jun 07, 2011
Watch the Il Divo group perform The winner takes it all on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBzna6QVKRg&feature=artistob&playnext=1&list=TL-OS1CMZ6mms
Amazing,
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by ThinTima(f): 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2011
Umi Garrete on youtube for those who like piano music. She is a sensation,
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by KATERI: 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2011
I'm ok with hungarian rhapsody in tom & jerry making people joke - at least it got interested loads of kids in classical grin My favorite composers are probably Liszt, Debussy, and Prokofiev.
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by rapjunkie(m): 3:20pm On Jul 11, 2011
i like classical music too. . . . 'Free madness' .by Terry G is a classic!!. . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by rapjunkie(m): 3:20pm On Jul 11, 2011
or 'ginger my swagga' by kc presh . . . tongue tongue grin grin
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by Mobinga: 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2011
Renaissance Catholic Symphonies.

Phuck all the rest.
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by ThinTima(f): 12:08am On Sep 10, 2011
Mobinga:

Renaissance Catholic Symphonies.

Phuck all the rest.
I am hearing this for the first time. I am going to look it up right away,
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by ThinTima(f): 12:22am On Sep 10, 2011
rapjunkie:

i like classical music too. . . . 'Free madness' .by Terry G is a classic!!. . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
My brother you don't have any idea,
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by Wordsmith(m): 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2011
@ rapjunkie:
If you think Free Madness is classical music, perhaps have you tried Knack e Apako tongue ? Such masterpiece . . . such masterpiece cheesy
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 11, 2012
i'm into opera music big time. i'm a tenor singer and i'd followed Pavarrotti for a long time until his deaath in 2007. now i follow Andrea Bocelli closely. i'm aspiring to be the tenor in Nigeria. how about that?
Re: Classical Music! Anyone In The House? by iventi(m): 7:09am On Aug 31, 2012
I'm into classical too. Counter-tenor. Love chorales and vocal music like crazy. Not So̶̷̩̥̊͡ into piano music.

(1) (Reply)

Sheyman Ft. Davido – PAPER (remix) [video Download] / Adewale Ayuba 'mr Johnson Play For Me' / VIDEO: Olamide - Who You Epp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.