Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy (38428 Views)

Caroline Jurie: Mrs. World Gives Up Crown After Arrest For Assault (Photos) / Mrs. Sri Lanka Pageant Controversy: Former Title Holder Snatches Winner's Crown / Emelda Ezinne Remi Wins Mrs Nigeria Pageant 2018 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by free2ryhme: 5:00pm On Apr 21, 2021
HonNL:
Mrs World Inc accepted her resignation, saying it was of her own free will.

Mrs Ireland, Kate Schneider who came second becomes Mrs World.

she no
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by jaxxy(m): 5:03pm On Apr 21, 2021
Why should a divorcee compete in Mrs world

1 Like

Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 21, 2021
ictjobber:
People with integrity. Unlike my primitive countrymen.. *spits*
What makes you different?
You will be worst when given a chance.
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by DaringMods: 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2021
Ok
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by PoliteActivist: 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2021
ugochukwufrenzy:
so there's miss world and Mrs world

No mind them. I blame those that give them attention

1 Like

Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by CalmElder(m): 5:15pm On Apr 21, 2021
JudgeKronos:
‘ a contestant is not supposed to win a crown because she is divorcee....?

Women are their own worst enemies

Unmarried ladies are not eligible for the competition. She's allowed to enter because in her case, she's separated from the hubby, not divorced.
Summary, a contestant cannot enter the competition if she's unmarried, talk more of winning.
Single ladies have Miss World. Married ones is Mrs World.
Understand?

1 Like

Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by PoliteActivist: 5:15pm On Apr 21, 2021
jaxxy:
Why should a divorcee compete in Mrs world

She was not a divorcee. She was SEPARATED!
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by jaxxy(m): 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
PoliteActivist:

She was not a divorcee. She was SEPARATED!

I see. shocked
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by PoliteActivist: 5:17pm On Apr 21, 2021
CalmElder:

Unmarried ladies are not eligible for the competition. She's allowed to enter because in her case, she's separated from the hubby, not divorced.
Summary, a contestant cannot enter the competition if she's unmarried, talk more of winning.
Understand?

There should also be Miss Divorced and Miss Separated. Suprised they haven't thought of that
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2021
There is now Mrs world too. Okay
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by PoliteActivist: 5:20pm On Apr 21, 2021
jaxxy:

I see. shocked

Amazing they haven't thought of starting Miss Separated or Miss Divorced!
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2021
CalmElder:

Understand?

Yes, thanks .
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by harmony75: 5:38pm On Apr 21, 2021
Woaw Mrs world ❤ I will win it for Naija in few years time!
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by manunitedbabes: 5:42pm On Apr 21, 2021
LMS1:
.......Women and their unending problem Are like zee world,
Extraordinary Everyday!

but atleast she stepdown honorably
unlike one Isa patami in Nigeria.. cheesy
grin hahahahahah u r not serious joo
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by CalmElder(m): 5:44pm On Apr 21, 2021
PoliteActivist:

There should also be Miss Divorced and Miss Separated. Suprised they haven't thought of that

grin grin grin
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by LaIabobo: 5:48pm On Apr 21, 2021
JudgeKronos:
‘ a contestant is not supposed to win a crown because she is divorcee....?

Women are their own worst enemies

Mrs World title is for married women not divorcee or single women.

2 Likes

Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by KunleyY19(m): 5:56pm On Apr 21, 2021
Mrs World or Miss World
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by Husbandsnatcha5(f): 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2021
When you beauty is deceiving you.

grin
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by Cousin9999: 6:21pm On Apr 21, 2021
Legalcriminal:
I don’t see any beauty here or Miss world isn’t by beauty ?

lipsrsealed
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by CodedWealth(m): 6:34pm On Apr 21, 2021
Matheusmartin:
Someone should please, in not less than 10 sentences explain to me what's going on here

The future is female.

Not up to 10 sentence.

Ps. The girl who says that always is a comedian and she doing a good job keeping me cracked up

1 Like

Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by Lilphat: 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2021
Oh
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by DAramis: 8:22pm On Apr 21, 2021
CalmElder:

Understand?
I don't know why most people refuse to understand where the lady is coming from and call a spade a spade.

The competition has always been for married people but never has it been for separated woman. It is called Mrs World for a reason not Mrs separated world. The woman at the center of the whole controversy is separated from her husband for long (probably) but was still able to find her way into the competition (maybe through corruption or knowing someone in high places).

Anyway, Mrs Jurie, as a first timer and who values equity and justice took the right decision eventhough the public embarrassment of the other winner is uncalled for. Her letter helped me to clarify what I have always wondered about:- whether she raised the issue up initially during the competition (which she fully acknowledged that she did and no one took her serious).

I like the fact that, she knows it is not a do or die affair. Her family is more important to her than the Award. Returning the crown to them is far better than dragging her family into the whole drama. I wish her the best.

NB: Maybe people don't know, in some countries, if you are separated for long from your spouse, it is enough ground to fill for divorce by the other party and the court will definitely grant it.
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by Danny50: 8:37pm On Apr 21, 2021
Pantami take note
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by Pauljj: 9:04pm On Apr 21, 2021
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by CalmElder(m): 11:06pm On Apr 21, 2021
DAramis:

I don't know why most people refuse to understand where the lady is coming from and call a spade a spade.

The competition has always been for married people but never has it been for separated woman. It is called Mrs World for a reason not Mrs separated world. The woman at the center of the whole controversy is separated from her husband for long (probably) but was still able to find her way into the competition (maybe through corruption or knowing someone in high places).

Anyway, Mrs Jurie, as a first timer and who values equity and justice took the right decision eventhough the public embarrassment of the other winner is uncalled for. Her letter helped me to clarify what I have always wondered about:- whether she raised the issue up initially during the competition (which she fully acknowledged that she did and no one took her serious).

I like the fact that, she knows it is not a do or die affair. Her family is more important to her than the Award. Returning the crown to them is far better than dragging her family into the who drama. I wish her the best.

NB: Maybe people don't know, in some countries, if you are separated for long from your spouse, it is enough ground to fill for divorce by the other party and the court will definitely grant it.

I get your point.
She could contest because the law (since she's not legally divorced), is on her side, but on the basis of morality, she shouldn't have.
Re: Caroline Jurie Resigns As Mrs World Weeks After Pageant Controversy by obinna4Jesus(m): 7:05am On Apr 22, 2021
We consume loads of
excess calories from drinks, as we are more likely to pay more attention to what we eat than what we drink.

Drinks are equally as important when it comes to weight loss. Pop (Soda/minerals) should be avoided all together. Some drinks that are perceived as Healthy drinks can also contribute to excess weight gain.

Do you know that a typical 300ml of malt drink that is 1 can of malt for example contains 48g of Carbohydrate.
This is the same as 1 cup of white rice.

The point isn’t that you shouldn’t consume health drinks (malts and juices), but do not neglect the calories in these drinks when it comes to your daily diet.

For more information on how to shed weight using Nigerian foods, check out this link � https:///o69q3zlu

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri's Reply To Bleached Lady / Once Upon A Time Before Brazillian Hair / Which Of These Would You Rock To keep Your Body Smooth This Harmattan? (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.