Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Remote Work: Your Experiences As A Remote Worker - Programming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Remote Work: Your Experiences As A Remote Worker (20979 Views)

Remote Worker? Please Open This Thread / Do You Pay Tax As A Remote Worker? / My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remote Work: Your Experiences As A Remote Worker by DyingFetus: 6:28pm On Sep 22, 2023
Think9ja:

Hello Boss good morning
I just got an interview invitation for a remote junior software developer role. Please, how do I prepare? What questions do they normally ask? What can I do to get this job? What are the do's and don'ts? Just help me with any tip on how to scale through this interview. .
Thanks

HR will ask you questions that are as simple to answer like what projects you've worked on, your previous work experience etc.

Just try to make conversation with the HR person
Re: Remote Work: Your Experiences As A Remote Worker by Mopolchi: 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2023
Think9ja:

Thank you so much for getting back to me. About the salary expectation... That question is usually tricky. How much is "fair'? The last time an HR asked me this question, he never replied me again after I told him my salary expectation. Is $5k/month too much? I just want to get every information right. Thanks in anticipation
Normally, it is a tricky question for everyone. What I did to get mine: I did not give an exact amount but a range. But before I gave the range, I browse about what others doing the same job receive. If you lucky to hear from an insider too, it is smart to give a range. $5k is a bit much but it depends the company you are applying to. If its purely foreign, it is not much because of the inflation in the country and the company may not understand the company's economic terrain. But if its partly foreign and in this country, I will go for partly $3.5 to $4k.
Re: Remote Work: Your Experiences As A Remote Worker by Think9ja(m): 7:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
Mopolchi:
Normally, it is a tricky question for everyone. What I did to get mine: I did not give an exact amount but a range. But before I gave the range, I browse about what others doing the same job receive. If you lucky to hear from an insider too, it is smart to give a range. $5k is a bit much but it depends the company you are applying to. If its purely foreign, it is not much because of the inflation in the country and the company may not understand the company's economic terrain. But if its partly foreign and in this country, I will go for partly $3.5 to $4k.

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Remote Work: Your Experiences As A Remote Worker by Think9ja(m): 7:22pm On Sep 22, 2023
DyingFetus:

HR will ask you questions that are as simple to answer like what projects you've worked on, your previous work experience etc.

Just try to make conversation with the HR person

Ok thanks
Re: Remote Work: Your Experiences As A Remote Worker by Think9ja(m): 7:24pm On Sep 22, 2023
Donpre:

5k for an entry role? LMAO wetin dey give una this kain mind

Forget all the fairytales you've heard here and on twitter. very very few people earn 5k monthly, even 3k monthly is a very very solid salary in 90% of the world and while you're try not to lowball yourself, you shouldn't go asking for an amount that make you sound ridiculous like you've never held a job before.

Realistically, 2k is a fair ask for an entry position depending on if its a company in a good country in the west, aside that, set your goals on 1k and 1.5k and work your way up with improving your skills and a resume.

My 2 cents
Thanks bro
It's a US company actually
Re: Remote Work: Your Experiences As A Remote Worker by Dahyur119: 9:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
How easy is it for some to get a remote job ?
Re: Remote Work: Your Experiences As A Remote Worker by DyingFetus: 3:46am On Sep 24, 2023
Dahyur119:
How easy is it for some to get a remote job ?

Very easy if you've experience and connect
Re: Remote Work: Your Experiences As A Remote Worker by Dahyur119: 10:38pm On Sep 24, 2023
DyingFetus:

Very easy if you've experience and connect
Bro it not easy as it seems

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) / Why Africa May Never Produce A Facebook, Groupon, Zynga Or Google / Association Of Programmers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.