Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer (8137 Views)

774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Slams Lawmakers For Demanding More Slots / Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary / Man Going For Interview Speaks Rudely To Prospective Employer Inside KEKE NAPEP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by scory(m): 10:26am On Apr 23, 2021
Hello freelancer's earners.

I just got a project from an employer based in UK but his country indicates Netherland on his freelancer profile.

He's requesting for me to pay a refundable of 44£ before giving me the job which is "rewriting a PDF document of 22pages to Microsoft word" at 20$ par page.

I'm suspecting him to be a scammer.

Please, I want to know, are the employees paying security fees before landing their projects on freelancer?

I will like to hear and learn from the experts.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by NwaNimo1(m): 12:20pm On Apr 23, 2021
It's a scam....

[img]https://media1./images/70aef56b23acdc136d1b2a32b3097e9c/tenor.gif?itemid=15645776[/img]

ask him to pay you a non refundable N60,000 prior to you paying his own refundable £44

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by feekman(m): 12:21pm On Apr 23, 2021
Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by 9jayes: 12:21pm On Apr 23, 2021
He dropped account to be credited for you?

Btw, I buy all kinds of freelance funds at a juicy rate. You can also bring your crypto fund, I will buy at your Rate. Check my signature thanks
Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by gbenga4sure(m): 12:21pm On Apr 23, 2021
Awa guys at work.
I will always say this that Yahoo boys don't only scam white,they scam anybody as long as they get money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Wonk(m): 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
Maluuuu!
Rotten space we all living in!
Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Moneyboyz: 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
Scam, report his ACC

6 Likes

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by clericuzzio(m): 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
Naija which way
Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by superCleanworks(m): 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
Pay the money and get a handshake from queen Elizabeth.

$20 per page and you didn't run away. You seff na wah

35 Likes

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Promoter2: 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
It's a scam.

The offer of 20$ per page for rewriting a pdf is insensible by the way.

I can create an amazing CV for you to get that dream job you've always wanted . See my siggy

3 Likes

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Jeremy123(m): 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2021
Scammer
Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by NaughtyBrainiac: 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2021
The payment is for what precisely?

Looks like scam.

I think you can also check the profile of the employer to see his rating

4 Likes

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by superCleanworks(m): 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2021
gbenga4sure:
Awa guys at work

Awa guys oh. In capital letters and underlined grin

4 Likes

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by DonX001: 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2021
How can you "gawk" yourself like that??
You're even considering it!
No even think am!!

That's the oldest scam in the book, even if the account is verified and as old as Methuselah with 5,000 5 star reviews, no think am at all!
People can build accounts up and then use it to scam people because they've gathered credibility, happens everywhere. They just message a lot of freelancers with the same message, pack plenty money from the gullible ones, and disappear.

If you go dull yourself, your money flies through the window.
Report the account with evidence to the freelancer platform admin.
I'm surprised people still fall for this in this day and time.
Or are even considering falling for it. Imagine!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Nikes(m): 12:24pm On Apr 23, 2021
Run before "etz oluwa wire coded bitcoin forex investor" chop market for your head. Say na security fee grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by gurunlocker: 12:24pm On Apr 23, 2021
Run for your life...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 12:24pm On Apr 23, 2021
Bro you better run for dear life. it is a scam ;DBro you better run for dear life. it is a scam

1 Like

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Trybes(m): 12:26pm On Apr 23, 2021
It's pure scam. I'm suspecting a naija guy

4 Likes

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Israelconcepts: 12:26pm On Apr 23, 2021
Run o

1 Like

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Abilistic(m): 12:26pm On Apr 23, 2021
Which freelancing platform is that?

The whole package smells scam!

1 Like

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Springboot: 12:27pm On Apr 23, 2021
Even if he didn't ask you to pay any money, it has scam written all over it, nobody will pay 22 dollars per page fro. Pdf to word.

7 Likes

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by revived: 12:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
E go be

1 Like

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
superCleanworks:

Awa guys oh. In capital letters and underlined grin
There are more and worse scammers in India, Russia, Mexico than will ever be in Nigeria but we are not ready for that discussion.

11 Likes

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2021
Report the account it's s scam

Someone one in ibadan is using vpn

Don't be foolish

7 Likes

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by colestephan86: 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2021
superCleanworks:
Pay the money and get a handshake from queen Elizabeth.

$20 per page and you didn't run away. You seff na wah
Him na thief ,watin him wan write to earn 20 dollars per page.

4 Likes

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by kayuseful: 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2021
Report him

3 Likes

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by newdawnlive: 12:30pm On Apr 23, 2021
the guy is neither from UK nor from Nederland but from Nigeria block him and report his account ASAP

7 Likes

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 23, 2021
And i ain't saying its not awa guys. But it might also be awa guys and it may not.

but Shaa, OP, thats a scam. Freelancer has been disvirgined. Scammers are just evolving day by day damn!

2 Likes

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by wirinet(m): 12:31pm On Apr 23, 2021
Promoter2:
It's a scam.

The offer of 20$ per page for rewriting a pdf is insensible by the way.

I can create an amazing CV for you to get that dream job you've always wanted . See my siggy

Imagine, $20 per page for ordinary rewriting/ converting pdf to word. Something you can do in minutes with free pdf converters.

Report him to admin with your chats as proof.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by DonX001: 12:33pm On Apr 23, 2021
NwaNimo1:
It's a scam....

[img]https://media1./images/70aef56b23acdc136d1b2a32b3097e9c/tenor.gif?itemid=15645776[/img]

ask him to pay you a refundable N30,000 prior to you paying

Lol, this meme's funny, even though it's scripted (from the beggar's clean white clothes).

I can imagine someone actually trying it out with a few of those beggars on the streets, I'm sure some of them will fall for it.

It will make a good viral video.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unicef Is Hiring / Fg Survival Fund: I Just Got Mine Now. Pics Attached / State Civil Service Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.