Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,349 members, 7,815,705 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince (2472 Views)

Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince / Be Established In God's Righteousness - Joseph Prince / Pictures Of Joseph Prince $280 Million Church Building In Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 5:03pm On Apr 24, 2021
But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God….For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

Hebrews 10:12, 14

Many believers are worried that when people receive the revelation of their total forgiveness in Christ, they will grow lax, take sin lightly, and go on to lead godless lives. They are worried that such teaching places no emphasis on sanctification or the desire to live holy, God-glorifying lives.

So allow me to explain here that while you have been justified and made righteous by the blood of Jesus or perfected forever, sanctification is an ongoing process in your growth as a Christian. This is why the author of the book of Hebrews says that we are being sanctified even though we are perfected forever by Christ’s one act of obedience at the cross (see today’s scripture).

As a believer you cannot become more righteous but you can become more sanctified or holy in terms of how you live your life. Justification by faith happened instantaneously—the moment you received Jesus, you were forgiven, cleansed, perfected in righteousness, and saved. You were also sanctified in Christ (Heb. 10:10).

However, it is important to understand that the revelation and outworking of your sanctification in Christ is progressive. This means that the more you grow in your relationship with the Lord Jesus, the more holy you will become in every area of your life.

I remember a precious brother writing to my ministry describing how the revelation of our forgiveness in Christ brought him into an intimacy with God that he had previously only dreamed about. “Previously, when I was trying to be a good Christian,” he said, “I was only crawling along, inch by inch. But now that I’ve got hold of grace, I’m running in my relationship with God! The more I learn about God’s amazing grace, the more I desperately want to glorify Him with my life!”

What a beautiful, true-life picture of what really happens when a person sits under teaching that uncovers the undiluted gospel of glorious grace! The revelation of forgiveness does not detract from nor is it at the expense of right living. Instead, it is the fuel that makes right living happen.

Merriam-Webster Online describes sanctification as “the state of growing in divine grace as a result of Christian commitment after conversion.” You see, it is all about growing in grace.

Establish yourself in the gospel of grace. Paul told Timothy to be “strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus” (2 Tim. 2:1). Peter encouraged believers to build a strong foundation with these closing words in his last epistle: “Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Pet. 3:18).

My friend, grace produces true holiness. The more you grow in grace—the more you are washed, again and again, by the water of the word of God’s grace—the more you grow in sanctification and holiness, and the more you allow the Holy Spirit to correct habits and thinking that keep you in bondage.

Beloved, when you experience the grace of our Lord Jesus, the allure and passing pleasures of sin fade in the light of His glory and grace. It will set you free to have the kind of relationship you’ve always longed for with God, one that is intimate, powerful, and full of peace, joy, and good fruit!

This devotional is taken from the book Glorious Grace—100 Daily Readings from Grace Revolution.

https://www.josephprince.org/blog/daily-grace-inspirations/the-fuel-for-right-living

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by LisaAnneMia: 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2021
Hallelujah!
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 5:32pm On Apr 24, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
Hallelujah!
Amen!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by ichuka(m): 12:03am On Apr 25, 2021
jiggaz:

But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God….For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

Hebrews 10:12, 14

Many believers are worried that when people receive the revelation of their total forgiveness in Christ, they will grow lax, take sin lightly, and go on to lead godless lives. They are worried that such teaching places no emphasis on sanctification or the desire to live holy, God-glorifying lives.

So allow me to explain here that while you have been justified and made righteous by the blood of Jesus or perfected forever, sanctification is an ongoing process in your growth as a Christian. This is why the author of the book of Hebrews says that we are being sanctified even though we are perfected forever by Christ’s one act of obedience at the cross (see today’s scripture).

As a believer you cannot become more righteous but you can become more sanctified or holy in terms of how you live your life. Justification by faith happened instantaneously—the moment you received Jesus, you were forgiven, cleansed, perfected in righteousness, and saved. You were also sanctified in Christ (Heb. 10:10).

However, it is important to understand that the revelation and outworking of your sanctification in Christ is progressive. This means that the more you grow in your relationship with the Lord Jesus, the more holy you will become in every area of your life.

I remember a precious brother writing to my ministry describing how the revelation of our forgiveness in Christ brought him into an intimacy with God that he had previously only dreamed about. “Previously, when I was trying to be a good Christian,” he said, “I was only crawling along, inch by inch. But now that I’ve got hold of grace, I’m running in my relationship with God! The more I learn about God’s amazing grace, the more I desperately want to glorify Him with my life!”

What a beautiful, true-life picture of what really happens when a person sits under teaching that uncovers the undiluted gospel of glorious grace! The revelation of forgiveness does not detract from nor is it at the expense of right living. Instead, it is the fuel that makes right living happen.

Merriam-Webster Online describes sanctification as “the state of growing in divine grace as a result of Christian commitment after conversion.” You see, it is all about growing in grace.

Establish yourself in the gospel of grace. Paul told Timothy to be “strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus” (2 Tim. 2:1). Peter encouraged believers to build a strong foundation with these closing words in his last epistle: “Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Pet. 3:18).

My friend, grace produces true holiness. The more you grow in grace—the more you are washed, again and again, by the water of the word of God’s grace—the more you grow in sanctification and holiness, and the more you allow the Holy Spirit to correct habits and thinking that keep you in bondage.

Beloved, when you experience the grace of our Lord Jesus, the allure and passing pleasures of sin fade in the light of His glory and grace. It will set you free to have the kind of relationship you’ve always longed for with God, one that is intimate, powerful, and full of peace, joy, and good fruit!

This devotional is taken from the book Glorious Grace—100 Daily Readings from Grace Revolution.

https://www.josephprince.org/blog/daily-grace-inspirations/the-fuel-for-right-living
hi bro
I really want to ask.
why is it that most Christians love preaching from the dark side which isn't part of the Gospel?
non has said anything about there visions in heaven and all the activities therein.
all we hear is hell fire n darkness why?
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 12:46am On Apr 25, 2021
ichuka:

hi bro
I really want to ask.
why is it that most Christians love preaching from the dark side which isn't part of the Gospel?
non has said anything about there visions in heaven and all the activities therein.
all we hear is hell fire n darkness why?
Good evening bro... It is because of the kind of teaching they were exposed to.... That is, hell fire teachings, so their mind now play tricks on them.... Any vision about believers in hell are all false.. It is not true... Please don't listen to them. I have a post on that topic.. Go through my profile topics, you will see it. All believers in Christ are saved forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:21am On Apr 25, 2021
Yesssss
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2021
Now
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 11:45am On Apr 28, 2021
Lord Jesus
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 12:22pm On May 02, 2021
Yes
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:48am On May 09, 2021
Morning
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:55am On May 16, 2021
Great
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:12am On May 23, 2021
Yeah
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:43pm On Aug 03, 2021
Evening..
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:50am On Aug 04, 2021
Great.
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:51pm On Aug 05, 2021
Yeah.....
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:22am On Aug 06, 2021
Morning....
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
Glory
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2021
Nowwww
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:36am On Nov 21, 2021
Morning
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 3:48pm On Nov 21, 2021
Glory
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:27pm On Dec 10, 2021
jiggaz:
Yesssss
gbam
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:09am On Dec 11, 2021
Loook
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:42pm On Dec 11, 2021
Yassss
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 12:38pm On Dec 13, 2021
Yeaaaaaa
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:51am On Dec 26, 2021
Morning
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 4:50am On Jan 02, 2022
Looook
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:15am On Jan 02, 2022
Gbam
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 3:40pm On Jan 02, 2022
Coool
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:09pm On Jan 03, 2022
Glory
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:40pm On Feb 02, 2022
Now now
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 12:00am On Feb 05, 2022
Yep
Re: The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2022
Great

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus Did Not Die On The Cross. / . / Muslims Tell … “why I Chose Jesus”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.