Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,498 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? (17491 Views)

Help, I'm Not Emotionally Attached To My Mother, Siblings And Extended Family / Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members / My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by mamagee3(f): 8:17pm On Apr 24, 2021
Hi all, why would anyone not want to be close to their cousins or their aunts but are close to their immediate family ?

And is it strange for there not to be a cordial relationship between cousins?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Amotolongbo(f): 8:22pm On Apr 24, 2021
mamagee3:
Hi all, what do you call someone that doesn’t want to be close to their cousins or their aunts but are close to their immediate family ?

A Cousinphobe and Immediate-familyphile

So this woman will finally hit the homepage with all her childish questions

29 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by melodynk01(f): 8:25pm On Apr 24, 2021
mamagee3:
Hi all, what do you call someone that doesn’t want to be close to their cousins or their aunts but are close to their immediate family ?

An anti cousinist.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Kobicove(m): 8:59pm On Apr 24, 2021
mamagee3:

Cousin-phrenic grin

7 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Tony142: 11:03pm On Apr 24, 2021
mamagee3:
Hi all, why would anyone not want to be close to their cousins or their aunts but are close to their immediate family ?

billing

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by mamagee3(f): 11:09pm On Apr 24, 2021
Tony142:

billing
What do you mean?
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Tony142: 11:17pm On Apr 24, 2021
mamagee3:

What do you mean?

if he or she is rich, they might be afraid that u will disturb them to give you money

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Vision101(m): 3:10am On Apr 25, 2021
@mamagee3

Nobody wants to expand his responsibility. The economy is not friendly.

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Paramount01(m): 7:13am On Apr 25, 2021
It depend on how the parents train them

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by mamagee3(f): 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2021
Paramount01:
It depend on how the parents train them
Are you saying it’s a bad thing?

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by saphiere(f): 12:27pm On Apr 25, 2021
mamagee3:

Most of us don't just like wahala from extended family.
The smaller your circle the less your worries.

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by merits(m): 12:27pm On Apr 25, 2021
cheesy am here to read to liers comment.finger crossed

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Esanboy111(m): 12:27pm On Apr 25, 2021
cheesy it’s either your cousins or extended families are poor or you’re poor... nobody want to associate with poverty... happy Sunday

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by eedimo(m): 12:28pm On Apr 25, 2021
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by oluwaseyi0: 12:28pm On Apr 25, 2021
Some are not necessarily social, they keep to their close circle

Some are trying to avoid unnecessary billing and see finish

Some are trying to avoid extended family drama and it's accompanying fight

Some have been religiously brainwashed that their extended family can/will hurt them.

Some already know the type of extended family they come from (remember they probably grew up with those extended members), and they know the best thing is to avoid them, if they've got a better family they will have mix freely

Some feels they have nothing tangible to gain by mixing with extended family

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Kentuforchrist(m): 12:28pm On Apr 25, 2021
to avoid "so u make it before my son,we shall see"

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Bedrooomsecret: 12:28pm On Apr 25, 2021
Envy, Jealousy is very common among far relations. They do not want you to progress.
One's enemy is a member of his household.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2021
Cousin hater?

E get as your cousin go be, you go kuku disown am sef.
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by adioolayi(m): 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2021
One of the most cherished African culture that is slipping away from our hands...

Well, if you see your lineage as evil, wicked and what have you...Good luck to you..I will say, you should check yourself.

If you see your extended family as a support, as one big family... especially as closely knitted when you are growing up..don't spoil the tradition ..strive to keep the oneness ..It's a good thing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Nonso92(m): 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2021
E get some family members wey dey ment. I dey avoid dem like plague

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by 9jayes: 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2021
One thing I noticed is that cousins always very close, play together when they’re kids but they start giving themselves space as they’re growing older.

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by mamaafrik(m): 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2021
Fear of owo omoonile billings,that dependence on your wealth can sink person if wisdom isn't applied

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Onliie(m): 12:30pm On Apr 25, 2021
Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide: keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom. For the son dishonoureth the father, the daughter riseth up against her mother, the daughter in law against her mother in law; a man's enemies are the men of his own house.
Micah 7:5‭-‬6 KJV

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by obembet(f): 12:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
I don't like it either..... Infact I love me and my husband

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Trendy247: 12:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
I don't know
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by janedonez(m): 12:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
Ok
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Alejobs: 12:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
We are still in the business of building amazing powerbank for Laptop, Phones,Tv,light etc now we build from scratch. +2348.065316.307

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by LoudLord(m): 12:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
mamagee3:

What do you mean?

Don't you Bill me cuz I get family am feeding...

Billing lopa AFUNIMAWOBE
Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by humberjade: 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
While it might not be the case in many families, if one finds himself where there are not so many progressives, the level of jealousy tends to be high. Even when the well-to-dos try their best to be good, the evil ones find means to cut them down. And since the mind of man is generally deep, nah to avoid all like plague.

To me, my parents, siblings, their kids and my son are the only family I have got...for anyone to break into this cycle, he/she needs to prove that he/she is worth it. Note: even a trustworthy friend is family to me.

I can't allow my openness and caring attitude expose me or my boy to danger...everybody sabi as him family dey structured physically and spiritually. Experience is the best teacher.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by humilitypays(m): 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
saphiere:
Most of us don't just like wahala from extended family.
The smaller your circle the less your worries.
as if you have 1 kobo to give to anybody angry

The only truly successful Nigerian lady that have enough to give out through her personal hardwork is Linda Ikeji. The rest of you are selfish, wicked, brokeass forming classy wannabes feeding off men undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
If they are not supporting my ambition, I can cut them off including my siblings.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Men Really Polygamous? / n / Mom Whose Kids Burnt To Death In Ondo State Speaks In Heartbreaking FB Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.