Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? (14983 Views)

PHOTO : Skeletons Found 'holding Hands' After 700 Years / Why Do Nigerian Guys Like To Gossip? / Why do Nigerian Women Bear Their Father's Name, After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by cuteNhot(f): 8:33pm On Jul 15, 2007
i will not say its gay, however its effiminate!!!
real men do not openly display emotions nor do they give in easily. see my other remarks on this thread
i still maintain its a weakness. see how easily these fraudsters cave in.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nVWyZrw9vw4
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by hannydarl(f): 8:36am On Jul 16, 2007
@ cute n hot
Its not effeminate it is normal and acceptable who told you real men are not allowed to show emmotions? and since when has huging and holding hands on a good day become emmotions that betray masculinity? I beg you people should stop preaching gospels that come from your heads as if you did research jare if your people dont hold hands because there are gays every where around you who oppenly show their homosexuality by holding hands the same rule does not apply here o the next thing you people will say now is that girls holding hands are lesbians dont worry very soon no body will give hugs or hold hands in western countries for fear of beign labbeled gay.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by k0be: 8:50am On Jul 16, 2007
hannydarl i beg no mind them. na kolo yankeementality dey worry them plenty.

mind you, as much as naija men hold hands, we don't have as much gays, but in america where men holding hands is frowned upon and seen as gay u see gays spread out from washington to hawaii.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by hannydarl(f): 9:33am On Jul 16, 2007
@K0be
I wonder o i fear my head. before e no be like that for yankee o, na now adays them start to frown upon am cos most gay guys wey dey toast like to do physical contact like holding and touching to drive home the point say them want to do runs with you naim make men for there no dey like make another man touch them and them too no dey like touch other men so that the guy no go miss interprete the touch to mean another thing. if faggotry dey kill them there them come carry their gospel come meet nigerian bobos wey like babes and get clean minds concernning sex.abi dem don hear of transvestile abi wetin dem dey call am for nigeria before? our men like to be men and them like to sleep with women their mentality no dey twated or twisted.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by kamwali(f): 9:45pm On Jul 16, 2007
This dabate made my evening!! Do they really do that or the poster eagerated? I know Ninja boys are cool with their mates but i dont think it has anything to do with being gay. Im soooo into Naija boys that i dont see anything wrong with them ataaaaaaal! Those boys shine shine im telling you. Today i went to watch football Naija V Ngana, I tell you i was just admiring those lads, i remember sweating more than the players themselves oooh!!! They aint no gay, cool tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by ebeledi(m): 10:59pm On Jul 16, 2007
its funny how he sees these men as being gay

but in the US you will see alot more gays and aka "Brothers on the Down Low" than anywhere in the black world
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 16, 2007
It's a lie
They don't walk around holding hands.
Hero mind yaself O
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by k0be: 12:59am On Jul 17, 2007
okay when the poster said holding hands. he doesn't mean they just walk around saying oh we're friends and we must hold hands while walking.

it's just that sometimes when you watch male-male relationship in naija there can be some physical interactions that people from other parts of the world will say is gay.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by finemocha(f): 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2007
what does enffinimate mean

i dont want to have to google it, when there are suchsmart people on this forum
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by Uche2nna(m): 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2007
effeminate, u mean?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 23, 2007
Uche2nna:

effeminate, u mean?

lol
enfinnimate.
finemocha I don't blame you.
me self,I don learn oyibo from nairaland too.
Never heard the word balderdash used in a sentence till I came here.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by grafikdon: 3:15am On Jul 23, 2007
Some people are so gay fixated that they see gay in everything. Men holding hands in Naija is not something you see every minute but yes occasionally you see some old friends hug and clasp their hands briefly as a way of expressing their pleasure for that rare opportunity to catch up with old time buddies. It is also not a big deal for a guy to take out the boys on a shopping-beer-drinking-suya chomping spree. . . homophobia can easily cloud one's sense of judgement. I weak o
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by Uche2nna(m): 12:28am On Aug 14, 2007
America's morals is same as the morals of an alley cat. So it is no biggie when innocuos actions like these are often misconstrued. But one thing I have noticed is dat no one particular action typifies "gayness". Most gay celebirites were not known to be gay until they declared they were gay.

In Nigeria, ( and even in America) girls hug all the time. It is also not uncommon to see ladies sleeping together on the same bed. Back home, I bunk with my brother or sometimes with my friends when they come visiting and no shit happens. So equating some some actions to a state of gayness tends to befuddle me.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 14, 2007
I was told  that in high school dormitories boys even glanced at other boys comparing sizes.
And there was absolutely no sexual tensions involved.
Men just liked comparing who was better endowed.I bet some would call that gay too.

Girls did same too and there was no lesbian undertone to it,generally speaking.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by omoge(f): 10:28pm On Aug 14, 2007
i heard that too oo. that they will draw the thing to see how long it is  grin
yeah and girls too will touch thier nunu to see whose is more harder, oh na wah sha.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 14, 2007
omoge:

i heard that too oo. that they will draw the thing to see how long it is  grin
yeah and girls too will touch their nunu to see whose is more harder, oh na wah sha.

biko what is nunu?
I don't remember touching any nunu's,lol
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by omoge(f): 10:36pm On Aug 14, 2007
lol grin at babyosisi

its our standing ovation grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by Uche2nna(m): 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2007
LMAO
 Nunu is a hausa term for milk. But it can also be used as a reference to a girls boobs  grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2007
lol.
I remember us sitting around and talking about who had 'grown' over the long vacation.
what good secondary school memories.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by simplyme3(f): 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2007
@Poster

its your moda foking dirty mind that is playing games on you - so if u see your brother and your sister holding hands now - u will start thinking? Look - may your oko bend go one side for this posting wey u don post here - oloko nla.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by Uche2nna(m): 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2007
Y r u getting all riled up shocked shocked
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 14, 2007
Uche2nna:

Y r u getting all riled up shocked shocked

I wonder
meanwhile what is oko?

i hope it's not something bad

simply_me:

@Poster

its your moda foking dirty mind that is playing games on you - so if u see your brother and your sister holding hands now - u will start thinking? Look - may your oko bend go one side for this posting wey u don post here - oloko nla.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by simplyme3(f): 10:47pm On Aug 14, 2007
instead of us all to join hands to discipline him and to cast the demon out of him - u all are here trying to join him in his dirty mind? shio.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 14, 2007
my sister abeg answer my question,what is oko?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by omoge(f): 10:49pm On Aug 14, 2007
yeah what a good old memories my sister. things don change in a very short time, this life sef.

well, we can't discipline him by using abusive word you know @ simply_me.

oko is p r i c k in yoruba. oko nla means big/huge d i c ky
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 14, 2007
really? lipsrsealed
I though oko means husband.
oko mi?
maybe different prononciations.

If you called a man oko nla,I doubt if he'll be offended.
You may have made his day
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by simplyme3(f): 10:53pm On Aug 14, 2007
Omoge - thank u - babyosisi - dont be a stranger.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by simplyme3(f): 10:55pm On Aug 14, 2007
Babyosisi

Dont u know d following:

Oko d ick

oko husband

oko farm

oko stone
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by omoge(f): 10:56pm On Aug 14, 2007
yeah i think the way you pronouce it, like husband pronouce as ORKOR

now for mr. d i c ky both O pronouce as normal O in english.

so you can see the difference in case you want to say husband or Big Dk
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by Uche2nna(m): 10:59pm On Aug 14, 2007
simply_me:

Babyosisi

Dont u know d following:

Oko d ick

oko husband

oko farm

oko stone

Just like
Akwa cloth
Akwa bed
Akwa egg
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 14, 2007
akwa bridge
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 14, 2007
uchenna did you know that though?
I mean the Yoruba words for husband and Mr man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Men Are Killing Their Wives At A High Rate In America / Ohanaeze Sacks Eze Ndigbo Of FCT, Says Igbo Kingdom Can’t Be Established Outside / Funny yoruba Names And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.