Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,986 members, 7,848,962 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:36 PM

Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm (25042 Views)

Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm In Asaba / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? / The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by oshdam2015: 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2021
Funny enough, from experience, big 4 pay more than most BankS and many industries in Nigeria.

No big 4 audit firm pay her full staff less than 150k in Nigeria.

And for client facing employees. Even when you are an average employee, your earnings should be around 300k within 2 years.

And, taking that 2 years experience From the big 4 to the industry. I can imagine what you will get. So?

2 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by Hausa(m): 9:59pm On Apr 29, 2021
pocohantas:
Audit firms do not pay so much in Nigeria, this includes the Big 4s. However, they have a fast, clear and defined career path, not forgetting excellent career growth. So, forget the money, the experience is worth it. Majority of them do not even stay long there, once they get that boost on their CV, they start jumping upandan like ashewo.

grin grin
Perhaps, but I don't know really.

I know someone who was in KPMG. One thing I know is it didn't take long before he got a 2009 Camry and rented a 400k house in Surulere and furnished it...
BEfore we know what's up, he was already working with one auditing firm in the UK. Don't know if it's Coppers & Libra or something. Not sure.
Came back, got married and returned to the UK. After about three months, he took his wife there.
It was fast. He did Elect-elect in UNN, and he sabi book.

In summary, I doubt KPMG pays 120k a month.

18 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by pocohantas(f): 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2021
Hausa:

I know someone who was in KPMG. One thing I know is it didn't take long before he got a 2009 Camry and rented a 400k house in Surulere and furnished it...
BEfore we know what's up, he was already working with one auditing firm in the UK. Don't know if it's Coppers & Libra or something. Not sure.
Came back, got married and returned to the UK. After about three months, he took his wife there.

I don’t know how much they pay a month, but KPMG in particular is always getting dragged over their pay on Twitter. That means it must be really shocking and “low”. Buying a car is nothing to anyone working in a structured firm, we have car loans for a reason.

Yes, they are always sound. Never met one that fell short of the standard.

11 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by famouscargo4u: 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2021
SeaTrade:
So all these kpmg girls weh dey form rubbish na 120k them dey earn?
I doubt that seriously!
Check again.
j

Yes but because they get to audit blue Chip companies, they get access to "big" men. My ex works with Delloite and I know she earns around 120-150k

2 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by Ihatethemods2: 10:05pm On Apr 29, 2021
Following!

Meanwhile, Meet little Nigerian Genius, Faith Odunsi, who has been crowned as the world most intelligent teenager

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mUaLNhydCg

1 Like

Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by pocohantas(f): 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2021
barrydee:

Well, I was so enthusiastic about becoming an accountant/auditor when I was still an undergraduate. After my Nysc, I got a job in an audit firm. I worked in that firm for 3 years(started with N42k & ended with 65k). I left because that job satisfaction was not there anymore. Working as an auditor became boring to me & coupled with the small salary, I didn't project myself becoming a multi-millionaire in the next 7 years. Auditors don't really earn much. I had to open a company & got it registered with CAC & now, I deal on the sales/supplies of PPEs/safety equipments and I got my company registered as a vendor with some oil servicing companies in my city. Life's better now and I really love what I do.
BEING AN AUDITOR SUCKS.

Hmmm. How many years ago was this? 42k is poor for an auditor o. Haba!
Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by SeaTrade(m): 10:08pm On Apr 29, 2021
famouscargo4u:
j

Yes but because they get to audit blue Chip companies, they get access to "big" men. My ex works with Delloite and I know she earns around 120-150k
Lol so na to dey climb untop big God dey sustain them?
Wonders!
For a moment I thought there was something wrong with my circle but apparently it's a reality that cuts across boards.

2 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by LegalWolf: 10:29pm On Apr 29, 2021
ZariatoCanada:

Big four firms-----------150k-200k (depending on whether you are qualified(ICAN or ACCA) or not)

Mid size firms-----------80k to 120k

Small firms-------------- 25k to 70k

For the big four, is the above amount gross or net?
Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by LegalWolf: 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2021
SeaTrade:
I doubt that seriously!
Check again.

Don’t get it twisted. That is their “entry level” pay. Their is career progression and more often than not, they up their salaries every year. So after their first year, salaries may jump to 250 and so on. Also, they get mad ass bonuses
Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by Naybahood(m): 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2021
barrydee:

Well, I was so enthusiastic about becoming an accountant/auditor when I was still an undergraduate. After my Nysc, I got a job in an audit firm. I worked in that firm for 3 years(started with N42k & ended with 65k). I left because that job satisfaction was not there anymore. Working as an auditor became boring to me & coupled with the small salary, I didn't project myself becoming a multi-millionaire in the next 7 years. Auditors don't really earn much. I had to open a company & got it registered with CAC & now, I deal on the sales/supplies of PPEs/safety equipments and I got my company registered as a vendor with some oil servicing companies in my city. Life's better now and I really love what I do.
BEING AN AUDITOR SUCKS.

Do you sell gas detectors ??
Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by SeaTrade(m): 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2021
LegalWolf:

Don’t get it twisted. That is their “entry level” pay. Their is career progression and more often than not, they up their salaries every year. So after their first year, salaries may jump to 250 and so on. Also, they get mad ass bonuses
This sounds better cos that 120k was too bad to be true cos I know some of them and clearly that salary can't sustain them at all!

1 Like

Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:49pm On Apr 29, 2021
Hausa:

Oga there is no elect-elect in UNN. Electrical engineering and Electronic engineering are separated, not combine in UNN

5 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by africanman85: 12:36am On Apr 30, 2021
barrydee:

BEING AN AUDITOR SUCKS.
Link me up to this kind of your business na
Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by Olayetan(m): 3:00am On Apr 30, 2021
SeaTrade:
I doubt that seriously!
Check again.

Even me,
I used to think they earn nothing less than 300k.
Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by Nobody: 4:33am On Apr 30, 2021
Guy for the money, seek an opportunity to learn the business of how audit firms make money and source clients. Do -5 years in 2-4 firms and pull out to start yours, even if it's from your bedroom.

Salary will never make you a millionaire and with this inflation that is looking us in the face like hot kano sun, e go hard to survive on salary. So my advice is to go to where you can learn fast and take some side personal briefs. Best if you get lazy boss with a good clientele. You will learn faster.

Nor do big names that will cage you all around.

2 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by Nobody: 4:38am On Apr 30, 2021
alex211:
What is the salary for an entry level in an audit firm in Lagos?

Guy forget the money, for now, seek an opportunity to learn the business of how audit firms make money and source clients. Do 5 years in 2-4 firms and pull out to start yours, even if it's from your bedroom. Use the Igbo business learning strategy. My mentor recently did a paperwork with the Havard Business Review-Journal on it. You can look it up.

Remember to always fire your employer when they least expect, but put more effort into building and keeping the relationship. He will hate your guts at first, but will quickly learn to collaborate with you on a percentage basis if you are good at what you do.

Salary will never make you a millionaire and with this inflation that is looking us in the face like hot kano sun, e go hard to survive on salary. So my advice is to go to where you can learn fast and take some side personal briefs. Best if you get a lazy boss with a good clientele. You will learn faster.

Nor do big names that will cage you all around.

2 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by axeman10(m): 4:56am On Apr 30, 2021
SeaTrade:
Lol so na to dey climb untop big God dey sustain them?
Wonders!
For a moment I thought there was something wrong with my circle but apparently it's a reality that cuts across boards.

No they don't. The way audit firm work is this:

Yes, the pay may be little at entry level, but there is career progression, provided you pass your exams. So, each year, you are guaranteed an increased salary.

As long as you are on a job, your transport fares, taxis, Uber etc to clients' offices can be claimed back. So, you basically not using your salary on transport fares as long as you are on field.

Many clients provide lunch for auditors. This may also include breakfasts or even dinner if you are working late. Or in some cases, you just present the receipts of your lunch to your office for the period you were on the job.

The juicy jobs are the ones outside the your base. Say you go audit Shell in PH, you may be there for over a month. Hotel accommodation paid for, you will be chauffer driven, breakfast, lunch and dinner paid for. So for a month or two, your salary is untouched.

The downside is, you get bored. It's can really be a boring job, if you are in it just to make ends meet.

So forget the notion that they have to know small gods to live the kind of whatever lifestyle they live. Some jobs do have dignity, and auditing is one of them.

9 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:56am On Apr 30, 2021
Humanitarian sector still remains the Koko grin

1 Like

Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by Trimjos: 6:07am On Apr 30, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
Humanitarian sector still remains the Koko grin

Guy, u get oil for head. All what these guys re listing above are peanuts for even drivers in the humanitarian world. I work there so I know

1 Like

Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:17am On Apr 30, 2021
Trimjos:

Guy, u get oil for head. All what these guys re listing above are peanuts for even drivers in the humanitarian world. I work there so I know

Lol I work with same sector in Borno state grin

Na most cleaners salary I Dey see as entry for a whole big four.
Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by nwakibie3(m): 6:52am On Apr 30, 2021
Trimjos:

Guy abeg link me up na biko
Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by alex211: 6:57am On Apr 30, 2021
Kobicove:

There is no country in the world where an entry level audit trainee earns US$5,000 per month!

Thanks
Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by alex211: 6:59am On Apr 30, 2021
Trimjos:

Real talk...
Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by emperordelis(m): 9:47am On Apr 30, 2021
SeaTrade:
If e like make e go to their piggybank account,120k a month which is I think 1.44m naira a year is nonsense,especially in lagos .
How do they even cloth themselves and pay rents?
Can't be true,If it is then these girls are bleeped!
Damn!

Should we tell him??
Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by Lilpen3758: 11:10am On Apr 30, 2021
barrydee:

BEING AN AUDITOR SUCKS.
Show me the way sir, biko
Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by Onelove508: 12:30pm On Apr 30, 2021
jawalis:
Who else is a novice about Auditing and the firms. Let’s gather here.
Me sir.
Infact when I saw 'adult'...
Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by em19em9: 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2021
I will come back to comment
Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by gendebs(m): 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2021
Audit firms monthly take home is poor.

started with a big firm in 2014 with monthly pay of N60,000 before moving to the industry with bigger. I felt underutilized working in the industry, few challenges, no motivation etc.
I went back to another firm where I was paid N40,000 and felt satisfied cos the experience outweigh what the industry is paying.
resigned last year to start up my firm and I can say the experience is worth it.

It's the Big 4's and few Firms like Pedabo that pays her staff well. Pedabo pays as much as N160,000 for graduate trainee making the firm the highest paying in Nigeria even pays more than d Big 4s

3 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by Hausa(m): 10:55am On May 02, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Oga there is no elect-elect in UNN. Electrical engineering and Electronic engineering are separated, not combine in UNN
You're correct.
There is none.
I have a cousin that did Electronic engr., and this one did electrical engr.

But when we were living in UNN back in the day, we loved to call it Elect-elect.
Sorry for the mix up.
Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by GentlePEACE: 5:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
Hausa:

A whole KMPG earning 120k. LOL

In my firm which rank the 5th in the world, nobody earns less than 140k. One of my friend who works in EY said they start with 180k with them, that is for someone without audit experience o. People can assume what they don't know

2 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Staff In An Audit Firm by GentlePEACE: 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2021
famouscargo4u:
j

Is she an Auditor?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes / Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Recruitment Into Various Positions / GTB Recruitment 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.