Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. (22613 Views)

What Is The Salary Structure For SSCE Holders In FRSC? / What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by digitalbabalawo(m): 5:06pm On Mar 30, 2018
With the increasing demand for Social Media Managers one can't help but ask how much Social Media Managers earn in Lagos.

Let's Talk about it if you have an idea of the Salary range. I am thinking 50k and above.
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by tosbobby(m): 5:23pm On Mar 30, 2018
Hi,
Does anyone have idea of the salary of a Data Entry & Analyst.
Workforce often recruit people for the service.

I have no idea of the salary range if a social media mgr.
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by digitalbabalawo(m): 5:29pm On Mar 30, 2018
tosbobby:
I have no idea of the salary range of a social media mgr.

OK.

I'm sure people already on the Job will come through.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Immaculatesnow(m): 10:24pm On Mar 30, 2018
digitalbabalawo:
With the increasing demand for Social Media Managers one can't help but ask how much Social Media Managers earn in Lagos.

Let's Talk about it if you have an idea of the Salary range. I am thinking 50k and above.

dude if you need or want to work with a good social media you have to look at these things before paying someone like me for example

1) i have over 1500 subscribers on youtube, over half a million views and 12000 hours watched content

2) i have over 1200 usa followers on facebook, over 40 groups on facebook with over 1 million followers combined

3) i have close 1000 followers on twitter

4) over 200 followers on soundcloud

5) finally my social engagement is pretty high for a newbie

so for a brand to pay me to manager all their social network platform and grow it and mine cost me 50k monthly to run between internet data 15k and government electricity 35k total of 50k, that brand has to pay me a minimum of 120,000 naira monthly for me to work effectively for them and for a long time.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Dottune(m): 11:19pm On Mar 30, 2018
Immaculatesnow:

dude if you need or want to work with a good social media you have to look at these things before paying someone like me for example

1) i have over 1500 subscribers on youtube, over half a million views and 12000 hours watched content

2) i have over 1200 usa followers on facebook, over 40 groups on facebook with over 1 million followers combined

so for a brand to pay me to manager all their social network platform and grow it and mine cost me 50k monthly to run between internet data 15k and government electricity 35k total of 50k, that brand has to pay me a minimum of 120,000 naira monthly for me to work effectively for them and for a long time.

Except if they'd be hiring you as a Social Media influencer and not a social media manager, all you stated up there isn't the criteria a company would look at when they're hiring a social media manager.
A serious company that would pay that kind of money you stated up there wouldn't even employ you to work from home, they'd want a full staff I.e you'll work from an office with light and data.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Dottune(m): 11:25pm On Mar 30, 2018
digitalbabalawo:

50k and above is about right but it is quite low for the type of job the person will be doing. Social Media management isn't restricted to the management part alone anymore, there's also marketing. Company and people prefer using the title "Social Media Marketer" or "Social Media Analyst" as it entails everything.

The salary that'd be just right for a social media marketer or analyst that is just starting off should be 70k+ depending on his/her skills, the company, the number of social media accounts he'd be working on, frequency of posting, the number of audience amongst many other things.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Beemhan(m): 11:47pm On Mar 30, 2018
digitalbabalawo:

If you've got the skills, get on Fiverr and earn between 150-300k monthly as a SMM
Na suffer go kill you if you wan work for Nigerians

12 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Immaculatesnow(m): 12:21am On Mar 31, 2018
Dottune:
Except if they'd be hiring you as a Social Media influencer and not a social media manager, all you stated up there isn't the criteria a company would look at when they're hiring a social media manager.
A serious company that would pay that kind of money you stated up there wouldn't even employ you to work from home, they'd want a full staff I.e you'll work from an office with light and data.

good one and that is why i do not apply for the so called social media jobs in nigeria because there can not pay for a great manager who has a track record
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Rowlandjude(m): 7:11am On Mar 31, 2018
1Bn a year, depending on the location.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by eezeribe(m): 7:11am On Mar 31, 2018
digitalbabalawo:

You know Nigerians are not creative or innovative... we can copy for planet earth.just as every youth is now a blogger;very soon everyone will become either a social media promoter or manager or influencer...
very soon the 'career' would be bastardized with mediocrity.
I foresee a commission based salary or not more than 20k a month,however the salary offer depends on the financial capacity of the organisation and it would be solely at their discretion...

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by directonpc(m): 7:12am On Mar 31, 2018
Work for free! cheesy
Your reward is up above

Extra
Never run out of airtime or means to carryout transactions! Get this app thank me later.

Download the app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buildbrothers.ussdbanking

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by davodyguy: 7:13am On Mar 31, 2018
Ask seun How much he pays his super mods.

Ordinary Moderators Don't get paid, as it's more of prestige and Pride for them
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 31, 2018
The pay for any job depends on the industry it is in. Understand that the word manager doesn't really count as you are initially being paid to post on twitter and fb. Do not confuse managing your employer's social media accounts with being an influencer, which is a different thing entirely.

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by HoodBillionaire: 7:16am On Mar 31, 2018
no food and shelter for lazy man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by obi58: 7:18am On Mar 31, 2018
I hear BMC dey pay 300k sorry mistake 30k grin grin grin

And I hear they are recruiting enmasse to swing public support for 2019. The work is not demanding just to convince Nigerians to ignore their eyes (and the hunger in their stomachs too grin) and believe that black is white. So it's key for you to have good marketing skills and some DNA from Baba Lai Lai. grin.

You may choose to apply at www.saibaba2019.com.

Deadline closes on February 14th 2019.

grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by don4real18(m): 7:19am On Mar 31, 2018
This is Nigeria where the salary threshold don't work

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by hotplate: 7:20am On Mar 31, 2018
That one na self don be work?

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by NothingDoMe: 7:21am On Mar 31, 2018
davodyguy:
Ask seun How much he pays his super mods.

Ordinary Moderators Don't get paid, as it's more of [b]prestige and Pride [/b]for them
who that one epp?
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by XieXie: 7:22am On Mar 31, 2018
Beemhan:

If you've got the skills, get on Fiverr and earn between 150-300k monthly as a SMM
How do you still get paid from Fiver after Payoneer changed their policy.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Doerstech(m): 7:22am On Mar 31, 2018
In this part of the world, they don't pay them much really......( Social Media and Digital Marketers )

Most starts from 50K

Others 75 - 100k

The first Social Media Manager job i got offered me 75K ( Including Tax ).......

Then a good firm came along and offered me a virtual one for N100K on a contract.....

I later left the N75K peps and got another one for N100K ......other offers came while i was here but they were all offering 100K and abit above it
That's just that.......

Except firms that knows their onions that's just the typical SM/DM offer range in the market

Even Web designers are offered same range except Developer jobs from firms that knows what they are doing

4 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by davodyguy: 7:23am On Mar 31, 2018
NothingDoMe:
who that one epp?

Hin epp them na. You know some people can be power hungry, take pleasure in banning users.

I'm sure you've been banned before by one of those people

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Pavore9: 7:24am On Mar 31, 2018
I know someone who earns N80k monthly just managing a hootsuite account. She schedules tweets and facebook posts for the 8 clients in the account, on Mondays she schedules the entire week's posts which are articles related to the clients' businesses.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by nonxo007(m): 7:25am On Mar 31, 2018
digitalbabalawo:

I was started out with 40k a month while working for a club, and I didn't even go to work everyday...just Wednesdays, fridays, Saturdays and some Sundays...at night o..
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Appliedmaths(m): 7:25am On Mar 31, 2018
Truth is experience would decide, but sometimes are SMM really expendable? When my company started we wanted to hire a SMM but we discovered we couldn't really afford one after Budgeting for other things. With no experience or follower Base to work with, I added SMM to my portfolio and started from the scratch and built an annual SMM sale report of over N8M.

I'm not the kind of guy that is quick to rubbish people's profession, and I know that had it been we hired one the N8M would have been more, but with that figure we totally scrapped the idea of getting a SMM.

The nature of the job has made it easy for anyone with good IQ to rake in results, if you're a SMM I really think you wanna step up your game. Your track records would determine your take home.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by NothingDoMe: 7:26am On Mar 31, 2018
davodyguy:

Hin epp them na. You know some people can be power hungry, take pleasure in banning users
That's the most amusing part. The feeling of overwhelming power. The power to kill and resurrect monikers. cheesy
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by overhypedsteve(m): 7:28am On Mar 31, 2018
Bcnf
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by davodyguy: 7:31am On Mar 31, 2018
NothingDoMe:
That's the most amusing part. The feeling of overwhelming power. The power to kill and resurrect monikers. cheesy
That's how it starts. When most of them get positions in real life, they abuse it. Watch them online now

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 31, 2018
It Depends.
From Freelancing, sometimes i Earn 60k monthly from different clients.
As a social media manager, you would research hashtags for the business, content curation and also run ads for sich company.
I have never worked for a Nigerian b4, so i don't know how it feel in the Nigerian economy.

cc If you need a Professional Social media manager for your business or company, am available for hire wink

3 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Sanchez01: 7:36am On Mar 31, 2018
Immaculatesnow:

You're missing it. Being an SMM far transcends beyond your own social media accounts.

A couple of things to put into consideration before stamping your worth in a supposed employer's face would be;

1. How often do you keep your personal social media accounts updated?

2. Have you ever worked for a popular figure or brand in the same capacity before?

3. If yes, how long did you work and why did you part ways with them?

4. If yes to number 3, you might be asked to point to your 'works' while with your previous employer.

5. Sense of humour is key. Every potential employer would want someone who can turn around an arrow shot at them into a carrot without having to insult the person behind the arrow.

6. Being a social media addict is not enough. A social media manager automatically becomes the first brand manager, even when there is a specific individual for that role. What you tweet, write, say or do behind the company's or individual's account means a whole lot.

7. To be able to earn a whole lot and call the shots in this field, you must be able to give the people or customers, fans the impression that 'the handler' is super intelligent. A breaking point would be to differentiate yourself from the brand you represent online. Being a savvy at it. So much so that you have your own fans.

Should you not meet or have some of these things needed to succeed, you just might go far by managing an upcoming act, thinking you are posting in behalf of your brand when in reality you are only posting and spamming.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by njuwo(m): 7:38am On Mar 31, 2018
Beemhan:

Fiverr that is frustrating.
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Grupo(m): 7:40am On Mar 31, 2018
njuwo:
Fiverr that is frustrating.

Is there any work that is not frustrating?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. / List Of Successful Candidates For The Nigerian Army Zonal Screening Recruitment / How Do I Get To Katangua Market In Abulegba, Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.