Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,282 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Hard Time Making A Choice(first Car) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hard Time Making A Choice(first Car) (1207 Views)

Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? / 7 Types Of Cars You May Have A Hard Time Shipping To Nigeria From USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hard Time Making A Choice(first Car) by Fabulousmark(m): 11:19am On Apr 30, 2021
So I’m having a hard time making a choice between buying a 2013 Toyota Camry or a 2009 rx 350, I like the 2013 Camry but reviews shows it has a torque converter shudder problem. Can I have some input based on long term maintenance, road usage and user experience(fuel consumption, handling and comfort)
Re: Hard Time Making A Choice(first Car) by incogni2o: 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2021
Fabulousmark:
So I’m having a hard time making a choice between buying a 2013 Toyota Camry or a 2009 rx 350, I like the 2013 Camry but reviews shows it has a torque converter shudder problem. Can I have some input based on long term maintenance, road usage and user experience(fuel consumption, handling and comfort)

Thinking of these cars and fuel consumption at the same time grin

Oga, Please don't deceive yourself

I'll go for RX though

1 Like

Re: Hard Time Making A Choice(first Car) by Fabulousmark(m): 12:55pm On Apr 30, 2021
incogni2o:

Thinking of these cars and fuel consumption at the same time grin

Oga, Please don't deceive yourself

I'll go for RX though

Any special reason why you’re going for the Rx?
Re: Hard Time Making A Choice(first Car) by incogni2o: 3:31pm On Apr 30, 2021
Fabulousmark:

Any special reason why you’re going for the Rx?

I use Lexus and so far it's very reliable.

Apart from the Fuel Money oh

Anybody wey wan dash me corrolla for shikini money abeg.
Re: Hard Time Making A Choice(first Car) by 2shaw: 7:19pm On Apr 30, 2021
Yahoo boy'efcc go catch u o
Re: Hard Time Making A Choice(first Car) by Mrsoft3(m): 12:35pm On May 01, 2021
incogni2o:

I use Lexus and so far it's very reliable.

Apart from the Fuel Money oh

Anybody wey wan dash me corrolla for shikini money abeg.

I get honda accord 03 (eod) 07064378217
Re: Hard Time Making A Choice(first Car) by legacystore: 2:10pm On May 02, 2021
those 2 cars no be mate

lexus is a luxury brand n definitely better
Re: Hard Time Making A Choice(first Car) by emmyN(m): 9:12pm On May 02, 2021
I wonder what's the deal with Nigerians and fuel economy that warrants over emphasis when making car choice. If you check well the difference in fuel consumption may just be a couple thousand naira that the buyers could easily afford if it were not for fuel.

OP, both cars are of different classes. You should first decide what you need it for.
Re: Hard Time Making A Choice(first Car) by duality(m): 9:44pm On May 02, 2021
emmyN:
I wonder what's the deal with Nigerians and fuel economy that warrants over emphasis when making car choice. If you check well the difference in fuel consumption may just be a couple thousand naira that the buyers could easily afford if it were not for fuel.

OP, both cars are of different classes. You should first decide what you need it for.

Are you saying fuel economy is not necessary?

Interestingly

A friend, sold his symphony sienna claiming that it consumes too much fuel and replaced it with a 2001 camry.

Another friend kept using his 2005 Xle sienna, claiming the fuel consumption is better than his camry.

Fuel matter, don confuse me.
Re: Hard Time Making A Choice(first Car) by emmyN(m): 10:15pm On May 02, 2021
duality:

Are you saying fuel economy is not necessary?

Interestingly

A friend, sold his symphony sienna claiming that it consumes too much fuel and replaced it with a 2001 camry.

Another friend kept using his 2005 Xle sienna, claiming the fuel consumption is better than his camry.

Fuel matter, don confuse me.

If you are so particular about fuel economy, maybe you were better off with a micra or golf 4 cheesy.

For your friends, their problem may not have been the car model after all, but faults in the system that led to excessive fuel consumption. Just know the manufacturer rated MPG and ensure your car is functioning efficiently.

3 Likes

Re: Hard Time Making A Choice(first Car) by incogni2o: 10:20pm On May 02, 2021
Mrsoft3:

I get honda accord 03 (eod) 07064378217

I said corrolla.

(1) (Reply)

How Good Is The Fuel Economy Of My Car / Review Of XTOOL D7 Bi-directional Scanner / The Lamborghini Aventador J

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.