Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management (1303 Views)

Oando Crisis: Adeosun Queries SEC, Appoints New Director-general / Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc / Under Siege The Battle Of Oando (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Lol....so which one is telling the truth?
Both were telling the truth. The amount looted as of 2006 when Nuhu Ribadu made those statements according to Central Bank and Ministry of Finance records were $380 billion. And the amount looted as of 2019 was $600 billlion. Do you know the amount Nigeria earned during GEJ reign when oil was $100 dollars a barrel with nothing to show for it.
Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 01, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Both were telling the truth. The amount looted as of 2006 when Nuhu Ribadu made those statements according to Central Bank and Ministry of Finance records were $380 billion. And the amount looted as of 2019 was $600 billlion. Do you know the amount Nigeria earned during GEJ reign when oil was $100 dollars a barrel with nothing to show for it.

So basically 980 billion was looted.

Now go and calculate all Nigeria oil revenues from the time we found oil till today, check and see if it reaches even 980 billion.
Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

So basically 980 billion was looted.

Now go and calculate all Nigeria oil revenues from the time we found oil till today, check and see if it reaches even 980 billion.
The tally was $380 billion as of 2006 from EFCC Chairman mouth. As of 2019 $220 billion was added to the tally based on The Economist estimates to bring the total to $600 billion dollars.

Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 01, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

The tally was $380 billion as of 2006 from EFCC Chairman mouth. As of 2019 $220 billion was added to the tally based on The Economist estimates to bring the total to $600 billion dollars.

Is this an attempt to confuse me.

First you showed an article that claimed 600 billion dollars was stolen since independence, now you are writing that from 2006, 380 billion was stolen, from 2019, 220 billion was stolen.

It took 13 years for Nigeria elites to steal 380 billion, are you now telling me, it took only 1 year to steal 220 billion.

There are lot of confusion with your data and even the dates.
Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Is this an attempt to confuse me.

First you showed an article that claimed 600 billion dollars was stolen since independence, now you are writing that from 2006, 380 billion was stolen, from 2019, 220 billion was stolen.

It took 13 years for Nigeria elites to steal 380 billion, are you now telling me, it took only 1 year to steal 220 billion.

There are lot of confusion with your data and even the dates.

You are the most ignorant member of the forum. From independence to 2006 Nuhu Ribadu said $380 billion was stolen. As of 2019 the figure was updated by another $220 billion to bring the tally to $600 billion looted since independence since 1960.
Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 01, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

You are the most ignorant member of the forum. From independence to 2006 Nuhu Ribadu said $380 billion was stolen. As of 2019 the figure was updated by another $220 billion to bring the tally to $600 billion looted since independence since 1960.

You are the ignorant one that keeps cooking up numbers to add to the economist numbers.

Pls, show me where it was written in the economist article about your claim

You keep on cooking lies for your enjoyment.

Infact the former efcc chief wasn't sure of the stolen money. He just gave a number.
Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You are the ignorant one that keeps cooking up numbers to add to the economist numbers.

Pls, show me where it was written in the economist article about your claim

You keep on cooking lies for your enjoyment.

Infact the former efcc chief wasn't sure of the stolen money. He just gave a number.
It is estimates of the ball park figure.

https://punchng.com/nearly-600bn-stolen-from-nigeria-since-independence-economist/
Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Kobicove(m): 4:56pm On May 01, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

I support CBN as well. However, in the jungle anything goes.

The alleged infractions mentioned by SEC against Wale Tinubu were far worse that the infractions against Oba Otudeko and Awosika and the court still reinstated him.

If Oando collapses it will have little effect on Nigeria's economy but if First Bank which is essentially a reference bank collapses it will have a ripple effect with far reaching consequences on Nigeria's economy...the two situations are not the same!

No right thinking court will side Otudeko and his cronies against the Central Bank of Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 01, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

It is estimates of the ball park figure.

https://punchng.com/nearly-600bn-stolen-from-nigeria-since-independence-economist/

This is from the article you posted. Note the article was written in 2019.

1- Chatham House, a British think-tank, estimates that $582bn has been stolen from Nigeria alone since it won independence in 1960.

2.Britain’s International Corruption Unit says its investigations have led to the confiscation of £76m ($117m) in laundered loot since 2006. Another £791m has been frozen worldwide thanks to its work.

These are the figures that was posted on that articles.

If chatham house wrote that 582billion have been stolen since independence, so where did you get you own figure of 2006 and 2019.

You are a master of lies, deceit and confusion.
Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

This is from the article you posted. Note the article was written in 2019.

1- Chatham House, a British think-tank, estimates that $582bn has been stolen from Nigeria alone since it won independence in 1960.

2.Britain’s International Corruption Unit says its investigations have led to the confiscation of £76m ($117m) in laundered loot since 2006. Another £791m has been frozen worldwide thanks to its work.

These are the figures that was posted on that articles.

If chatham house wrote that 582billion have been stolen since independence, so where did you get you own figure of 2006 and 2019.

You are a master of lies, deceit and confusion.
I showed you the two sources clown:Nuhu Ribadu and The Economist. Look at the dates the articles were released.

Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 01, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

I showed you the two sources clown:Nuhu Ribadu and The Economist.

Chief confusionist and master of lie.

Stop showing me a sensational article

I will ask you again, Where is the evidence that the billions you mentioned were stolen
Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Chief confusionist and master of lie.

Stop showing me a sensational article

I will ask you again, Where is the evidence that the billions you mentioned were stolen
Nuhu Ribadu said in October, 2006 evidence based on Central Bank and Ministry of Finance records. And The Economist said based on data they had $600 bilion was stolen since independence.

Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 01, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Nuhu Ribadu said in October, 2006 evidence based on Central Bank and Ministry of Finance records. And The Economist said based on data they had $600 bilion was stolen since independence.

Where is the evidence and record.

Nuhu said something different, the economists wrote another figure, chatham house also another figure, who should we believe.

Nuhu- 380 billion were stolen
Economist- 600 billion
Chatham house- 582 billion
You- 300 billion + 220 billion
Britain’s International Corruption Unit - £76m ($117m)
and £791 million.

So who should we believe ?
Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Where is the evidence and record.

Nuhu said something different, the economists wrote another figure, chatham house also another figure, who should we believe.

Nuhu- 380 billion were stolen
Economist- 600 billion
Chatham house- 582 billion
You- 300 billion + 220 billion
Britain’s International Corruption Unit - £76m ($117m)
and £791 million.

So who should we believe ?
Look at the dates when those figures were released and we get closer to the answer.
Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 01, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Look at the dates when those figures were released and we get closer to the answer.

The dates do not tally with your date.

One article said since independence
Another from 2006, another from 2019, you from 2006 and also 2019.

What should we believe
Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The dates do not tally with your date.

One article said since independence
Another from 2006, another from 2019, you from 2006 and also 2019.

What should we believe
Chatham house and The Economist have the most recent figures and only a $18 billion discrepancy. Chatham House says $582 billion and The Economist puts the figure at $600 billion. The figure from Nuhu Ribadu was 16 years ago, there has been more looting since he made that statement.
Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 01, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Chatham house and The Economist have the most recent figures and only a $18 billion discrepancy. Chatham House says $582 billion and The Economist puts the figure at $600 billion. The figure from Nuhu Ribadu was 16 years ago, there has been more looting since he made that statement.

Indeed.

The figures are fake, if you can't get the real figures then it is made up numbers.
Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Indeed.

The figures are fake, if you can't get the real figures then it is made up numbers.
You are more knowledgeable than Nuhu Ribadu,The Economis, and Chatham House. And the ball park figure they have is fake, okay I have heard.
Re: Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 01, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

You are more knowledgeable than Nuhu Ribadu,The Economis, and Chatham House. And the ball park figure they have is fake, okay I have heard.

I never claimed that but i just want you to stop posting lies that you can't back up with real documents.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have Payoneer, If You Can Exchange At High Rate DM Me / Paypal Pickup Available / My Loan With Gocash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.