Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,569 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? (6866 Views)

Lubex Fully Synthetic Engine Oil / Have You Seen This Innoson IVM 6857 Bus Before? (photos) / ₦572m Volkner Mobil Motorhome That Comes With Hydraulic Supercar Garage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by rexoluj(m): 6:30am On May 01, 2021
Hello all

I recently started seeing this new Mobil Super 3000 fully synthetic 5W-40 engine oil at their partner filling stations all around Lagos.

The details on the oil gallons are not well explained to specify the application on cars either by models, year of manufacture or certification/standards.

Has anyone come across this engine oil?

Have you used it on your car?

What cars are they recommended for?

Is it applicable to Toyota cars of engines from 2009 upwards?

Is it an alternative to Mobil 1 advanced full synthetic oil?

I need clarifications please.

Thank you

Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by dicksonadams(m): 6:58am On May 01, 2021
Reach out to the pros like Gazzuzz, nurey, radautoworks etc

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:00am On May 01, 2021
rexoluj:
Hello all

I recently started seeing this new Mobil Super 3000 fully synthetic 5W-40 engine oil at their partner filling stations all around Lagos.

The details on the oil gallons are not well explained to specify the application on cars either by models, year of manufacture or certification/standards.

Thank you

It's mineral oil.
Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by Grupo(m): 7:20am On May 01, 2021
rexoluj:
Hello all

Thank you

How much does it cost?
Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by rexoluj(m): 7:25am On May 01, 2021
Grupo:

How much does it cost?

N13500

3 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by Grupo(m): 7:33am On May 01, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

It's mineral oil.

Why do you say so, sir?

The label says its full synthetic?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:41am On May 01, 2021
Grupo:

Why do you say so, sir?

The label says its full synthetic?

Marketing gimiks.

FAQs for Mobil 1™
What makes Mobil 1™ motor oil superior to our synthetic blend motor oils?
First, the performance of Mobil 1™ line of motor oils is more robust, especially in terms of low temperature pumping and flow. High‐temperature stability leading to protection against deposits is also superior. These attributes translate into less engine wear, which helps keep your engine running like new, and obtain long engine life. Synthetic blend oils lack the high level of performance of synthetic motor oils in the areas of low‐temperature performance and high‐temperature oxidation stability. The base stocks used in Mobil Super™, one of our synthetic blend motor oils, are of a high quality, but those used in Mobil 1 fully synthetic oils are better.

Read more

https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/for-personal-vehicles/our-products/product-faqs#:~:text=Mobil%201%E2%84%A2%2C%20our%20line,many%20synthetics%20in%20the%20market.

Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by Grupo(m): 7:44am On May 01, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Marketing gimiks.

Wow. Thank you. shocked shocked
Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:52am On May 01, 2021
This is why you buy synthetic oils.

especially in terms of low temperature pumping and flow. High‐temperature stability leading to protection against deposits is also superior. These attributes translate into less engine wear, which helps keep your engine running like new

Synthetic blend is a mixture of mineral oil and synthetic oil with out specifying the percentage mix. If it's a 10per mix of synthetic oil to 90per mineral the label will still read synthetic cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by Grupo(m): 8:10am On May 01, 2021
Lol. So even oyibo company dey do yahoo.
Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by rexoluj(m): 8:16am On May 01, 2021
Grupo:
Lol. So even oyibo company dey do yahoo.

I think there is more to learn on this

The Mobil Super 2000 5w30 was labelled 'synthetic blend'

This super 3000 5w40 is labelled 'fully synthetic'

While Mobil 1 is labelled 'Advanced full synthetic'

Are these claimed verified and certified by any standards organisation at all.

This is even Mobil we are talking about

Can they be silly enough to claim what they may not be able to justify?

5 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by Grupo(m): 8:39am On May 01, 2021
rexoluj:

I feel this new Super 3000 will be better than that semi synthetic.

I always knew that semi synthetic oil was pure bullshit.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by Gravatar: 8:57am On May 01, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

It's mineral oil.

I think you're mixing things up.

Mobil Super 2000 is different from Mobil Super 3000.

Super 2000 is their Synthetic blend line of engine oils.

Super 3000 is a fully synthetic line of engine oils.

Mobil 1 series is their premium advanced fully synthetic grade.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:11am On May 01, 2021
Gravatar:

As long as a percentage mix is not clearly spelt out, and it is 50per cheaper than mobil1 , it can be anything in the gallon.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by MARKone(m): 10:41am On May 01, 2021
rexoluj:

You are right. It is full synthetic Oil, not mineral as Gaz alluded. And what OP have there is 5w40 Full synthetic oil which normally is cheaper than the 5w30 and 0w30 Synthetic oil. Mobil won't want law suit and will not package mineral oil as full synthetic oil.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by Stanleyallen17(m): 10:22pm On May 01, 2021
Gravatar:

As stated in your image
Mobil super 3000 is a fully synthetic oil for diesel engine.
Are you supposed to use such engine oil in your petrol engine?
Mobil super 2000 premium semi-synthetic passenger vehicle engine oil. The mixture as Gazzuzz said is not stated there.
Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by Gravatar: 10:49pm On May 01, 2021
Stanleyallen17:

As stated in your image
Mobil super 3000 is a fully synthetic oil for diesel engine.
Are you supposed to use such engine oil in your petrol engine?
Mobil super 2000 premium semi-synthetic passenger vehicle engine oil. The mixture as Gazzuzz said is not stated there.

Gasoline AND diesel

Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by dru23(m): 11:00pm On May 01, 2021
rexoluj:
Hello all

Thank you

This is not even close to any alternative to Mobil 1 EP .. I will be bringing in an alternative soon ....
Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by dru23(m): 11:05pm On May 01, 2021
MARKone:

You are right. It is full synthetic Oil, not mineral as Gaz alluded. And what OP have there is 5w40 Full synthetic oil which normally is cheaper than the 5w30 and 0w30 Synthetic oil. Mobil won't want law suit and will not package mineral oil as full synthetic oil.

The question u need to ask urself is . Will this Mobil be approved in the USA market ? .... If you can truly answer this question than u know why it is marketed towards certain countries

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by Iamfrank(m): 6:15am On May 03, 2021
Total Quartz remains the best engine oil

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by yesloaded: 11:25am On May 03, 2021
Iamfrank:
Total Quartz remains the best engine oil

Give us reasons
Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by OfficialDJ: 2:32am On May 04, 2021
rexoluj:
Hello all

Thank you
I used this oil when doing an oil change for my cls.

It’s recommended
Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by bigx(m): 1:34pm On May 25, 2021
Only a non oil seller would answer this question honestly

8 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by Kewtt: 2:42am On Jul 16, 2022
bigx:
Shots fired

4 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by Kewtt: 2:43am On Jul 16, 2022
606thearena:
d afternoon Nairalanders.
Please I need your opinion I want to change my car oil from 5w30 synthetic oil Mobil 1 to another product that will not be too expensive but reliable and good as well. The inflation is mad and the price Dey increase everyday .
Pls any good synthetic oil should be recommended for me sakpa then my side .
Toyota Camry 010 v6
I will be waiting for your suggestion and advise .
Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by nakoks(m): 8:54am On Jul 18, 2022
I wont buy or use any Mobil product including the so called Mobil 1 ( both Local and imported). And yes i am an oil seller LOL
Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by Originakalokalo(m): 8:11pm On Jul 18, 2022
I use the oil presently.

It is highly recommend.

Cold startup is awesome. After two months, it was clean.
Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by Emilokan1(m): 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2022
bigx:
The vawulence advocate has arrived grin
Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by urose93(f): 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2022
Originakalokalo:

I use the oil presently.

It is highly recommend.

Cold startup is awesome. After two months, it was clean.

Pls what is your vehicle make and model?
Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by Originakalokalo(m): 9:11pm On Jul 19, 2022
urose93:

Pls what is your vehicle make and model?

Honda Accord 2007
Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by sammyenergy(m): 8:55am On Aug 25, 2023
Have you tried Conoil Quatro Ultra?
All this questions will vanish. It's the king in the jungle
Re: Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? by codemaster2much: 10:07am On Nov 22, 2023
sammyenergy:
Have you tried Conoil Quatro Ultra?
All this questions will vanish. It's the king in the jungle

How much?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Professional Advice N Mechanic Please / Benz For Sale, R500 Full Option (R Class) / Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.