Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Rapists Should Be Killed Or Castrated – Tonto Dikeh - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rapists Should Be Killed Or Castrated – Tonto Dikeh (392 Views)

Tonto Dikeh: Rapists Should Face Death Penalty Or Castration / Rape: 9ice Says Rapists Should Be Killed / Sadiq Daba: "I Don’t Want To Be Castrated" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rapists Should Be Killed Or Castrated – Tonto Dikeh by tonyluyi1985: 7:43am On May 01, 2021
Popular actress and activist Tonto Dikeh has said that rapists should either be killed or castrated.
She made her view known to Punch Newspapers in an interview monitored by The Vent Republic.
She said: “In Nigeria, cases of rape are fast assuming a threatening dimension that requires urgent intervention. Rape, like other forms of violence against women, is an infringement on women’s rights, privacy, self-preservation and dignity. There is little or no policy or law that protect the victims as they are most times blamed, stigmatised and humiliated by society if it is brought to the public domain. This hinders victims from embracing a mindset of reporting such an inhumane crime to the appropriate authorities.
“I believe that any person found guilty of rape should be sentenced to death either by hanging, firing squad, lethal injection or electrocution. I would also recommend castration. Rape cases and sexual molestations have become the order of the day, and the victims are not getting enough justice. Most of these perpetrators still walk freely.”
The controversial mother of one and ex wife of popular businessman, Olakunle Churchill added: “Yes, we can eradicate rape and work towards zero tolerance. Firstly, we need to speak out against the root causes. Rape culture festers when we buy into ideas of masculinity that see violence and dominance as ‘strong’ and ‘manly’, and when women and girls are less valued. It is also underpinned by victim-blaming—an attitude that suggests a victim, rather than the perpetrator, bears responsibility for an assault. When discussing cases of sexual violence, a victim’s sobriety, clothes and sexuality are irrelevant. Instead, we need to counter the idea that men and boys must obtain power through violence and question the notion of sex as an entitlement. The law on rape should be amended and its definition expanded.”

Source: https://theventrepublic.com/2021/05/01/rapists-should-be-killed-or-castrated-tonto-dikeh/
Re: Rapists Should Be Killed Or Castrated – Tonto Dikeh by Sonoyom(m): 7:52am On May 01, 2021
That's so true, but we should also talk about false rape accusers .

1 Like

Re: Rapists Should Be Killed Or Castrated – Tonto Dikeh by Tomilola360: 7:55am On May 01, 2021
Is there Sharia in Christianity?

Why capital punishment for the rapist?
Re: Rapists Should Be Killed Or Castrated – Tonto Dikeh by iammo(m): 8:35am On May 01, 2021
She has a point

Rape should be a capital offence
Re: Rapists Should Be Killed Or Castrated – Tonto Dikeh by tripple422: 1:10pm On May 01, 2021
so what if a woman rape a man,how will she be castrated I don't think castrating should be meant for man alone..
Re: Rapists Should Be Killed Or Castrated – Tonto Dikeh by Gobengroup(m): 1:45pm On May 01, 2021
I even support cutting their manhood as long as they are found guilty.
This is applicable to female raper's too.
Re: Rapists Should Be Killed Or Castrated – Tonto Dikeh by tripple422: 2:01pm On May 01, 2021
Gobengroup:
I even support cutting their manhood as long as they are found guilty.
This is applicable to female raper's too.
kill the woman is better than castrating cos I wonder how she will be castrated.

(1) (Reply)

Erica Nlewedim To Launch Her Own TV Show On MTV Base After Laycon Launched His O / Davido Signs A New Artist! / God Is “oluduro Mi” And Not “oniduro Mi”, Tope Alabi Is Right- Lai Omotola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.