Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,129 members, 7,849,540 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:44 PM

Enrolling For Nursing Program In US. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enrolling For Nursing Program In US. (900 Views)

Where Can I Do Care Giver Program In Nigeria / Age Limit For Undergraduate Degree Program In Canada / Going For PLAB Exam And Abandoning Residency Program in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enrolling For Nursing Program In US. by ANNRULES: 2:41pm On May 02, 2021
Good day house,

Please I am new here but will like to get information regarding this, My elder sister got a scholarship for a program but the program will last for just three weeks, she intend to seek admission into nursing after the program.

How can she go about it because she is not a science student, is there any exam or program she needs to offer that will qualify her to apply for the nursing school or can she just apply directly when she gets there?, what are the necessary steps to take to achieve this set goal?. I am in need of your advice as she is really bothered.

Thank you.
Re: Enrolling For Nursing Program In US. by Cousin9999: 10:09pm On May 02, 2021
There's a good thread on this topic.

Nursing is something she shouldn't have too much difficulty accessing. I hope she succeeds. Her work will be appreciated and she'll earn a good living.
Re: Enrolling For Nursing Program In US. by JeffreyJunior: 11:31pm On May 02, 2021
So she plans to overstay her visa and seek admission in a nursing school?
Sure, she will get admitted as a foreign student but after the nursing degree, what's her plan about adjusting her immigration status?
That should be a thing to worry about the most unless she just wants to get the degree and go back home.
Re: Enrolling For Nursing Program In US. by BarristerAlarig: 10:23pm On May 03, 2021
JeffreyJunior:
So she plans to overstay her visa and seek admission in a nursing school?
Sure, she will get admitted as a foreign student but after the nursing degree, what's her plan about adjusting her immigration status?
That should be a thing to worry about the most unless she just wants to get the degree and go back home.

If she's admitted and graduates with an American nursing degree and the RN license, adjusting from F1 to GC is very easy.
Re: Enrolling For Nursing Program In US. by JeffreyJunior: 3:24am On May 04, 2021
BarristerAlarig:

If she's admitted and graduates with an American nursing degree and the RN license, adjusting from F1 to GC is very easy.
Don't count on it. I've seen a lady who struggled with it for quite awhile.
Re: Enrolling For Nursing Program In US. by BarristerAlarig: 11:56am On May 04, 2021
JeffreyJunior:
Don't count on it. I've seen a lady who struggled with it for quite awhile.

She most likely wasn't an RN.
Re: Enrolling For Nursing Program In US. by ANNRULES: 8:39pm On May 06, 2021
Thank you all for your advice
Re: Enrolling For Nursing Program In US. by Cousin9999: 10:13pm On May 06, 2021
Re: Enrolling For Nursing Program In US. by BarristerAlarig: 3:49pm On May 07, 2021
ANNRULES:
Thank you all for your advice

Welcome but the issue lies in getting admitted to a nursing program and switch from B1 to F1. Not easy ma

(1) (Reply)

Tell Me Which State You're From Whithout Telling Me Which State You're From / Mayhem In Port Harcourt / Nigerians In Uk Versus Nigerians In Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.