Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? (1337 Views)

Tips To Win The Heart OF A Muslim Lady / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by jesus3: 6:15pm On Apr 24, 2011
I'm asking if inter religious marriage is permitted in Islam. who knows, i might be eying a beautiful Islamic damsel.

Please i need answer asap
cheers
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by Sweetnecta: 7:19pm On Apr 24, 2011
A muslim woman is assume to be pure in her concept of the existence of God, being One, no three or represented by anything like doll, etc and etc, etc.

You sir, mr. jesus believe in three god existence in trinity.

how can the two concept co exist in a matrimony where the Trinity belief is the dominating one?

husbands usually dominate in the relationship, even if it is the slightest of degree based on physical strength borne out of the gender differences.

the children bear the husband's name as well. the wife tend to lean towards the tendencies of the husband in many situations, including religion in your case.

i am sure that you are looking for a muslim woman to convert; you are using your marriage proposal to push forward your missionary atrocity. you don't mean well for any muslim woman.

your intention is to lead her to disbelief ending up in fire of hell.

What good comes out of such a situation?
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by dollz(f): 7:20pm On Apr 24, 2011
Have has light got to do with darkness.the bible says that u should not be unequally yoked wit unbelievers. Unless ur not really a xtian but merely a churchgoer
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by jesus3: 11:20pm On Apr 24, 2011
I am a christian. But we must love our neighbors. I just want to know if tomorrow i meet a muslim lady on the road and ask for her hand in marriage does islam support such?
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by isalegan2: 4:37am On May 02, 2011
The answer is NO, it is not permitted for a muslim woman to marry a non-muslim you. 

Don't despair though.  I'm sure there are plenty of women of your faith who need husbands.  Don't cheat them out of having you as a life partner.  grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by tpia5: 4:43am On May 02, 2011
who knows, i might be eying a beautiful Islamic damsel

is this type of post supposed to endear you to your muslim hearers?

you sound like any beer parlour patron.
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by tpia5: 4:44am On May 02, 2011
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by zayhal(f): 9:00pm On May 02, 2011
Attention seeker.
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by jesus3: 12:01pm On May 11, 2011
isale_gan2:

The answer is NO, it is not permitted for a muslim woman to marry a non-muslim you. 

Don't despair though.  I'm sure there are plenty of women of your faith who need husbands.  Don't cheat them out of having you as a life partner.  grin

Hey what do yah mean? Are we not human beings? where is one love?
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by jesus3: 12:08pm On May 11, 2011
tpia@:

is this type of post supposed to endear you to your muslim hearers?

you sound like any beer parlour patron.

Madam watch ur mouth. And speak no ill of a man of God. I means it and asked a genuine question if u got no good response gerraout of here
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by tpia5: 1:19pm On May 11, 2011
drunk, no doubt.
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by kevoh(m): 1:35pm On May 11, 2011
@Poster
Please marry whosoever you wish jare! Don't listen to all these people talking about going to hell, light not mixing with darkness e.t.c Are you seeking happiness by getting married on their behalf or for you and your wife?
If you are ok with her faith or she willingly converts to yours and vice versa,then nothing stops you.
Please don't listen to hypocrites!
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by tpia5: 2:45pm On May 11, 2011
blah blah blah.

as is typical, everything flew over your head.

same thing with the op.
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by jesus3: 5:39pm On May 11, 2011
tpia@:

drunk, no doubt.

whats ur problem madam. U in love with me? if yes tell me i can handle it
kevoh:

@Poster
Please marry whosoever you wish jare! Don't listen to all these people talking about going to hell, light not mixing with darkness e.t.c Are you seeking happiness by getting married on their behalf or for you and your wife?
If you are ok with her faith or she willingly converts to yours and vice versa,then nothing stops you.
Please don't listen to hypocrites!
thanks me u are blessed
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by oderemo(m): 8:30pm On May 11, 2011
all these nonsense about muslims aint xpected to marry christian. i bet on your sick muslim bed u will not refuse a much needed blood transfussion frm a christian. or wil any of ya?
isnt religion abt love and GOD ,whom we all r presumably going to return to eventually.
pls save us the crap.
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by Sweetnecta: 10:07pm On May 11, 2011
@ode remo^^^^^^^^^^^^^ we will not refuse a christian blood because he/she is human and islam is about preservation of life.

however, just because we will not refuse something of the christian does not mean we accept everything from them; pork is a good example.

and when it comes to belief we reject trinity, though we accept jesus [as] the prophet.

And it is about God and His Laws and Commandments. it is not always about love first. such love is insincerity if its intent is not for God. so God is first.

i love that little town call ode remo. my blood is from there. someday, i will visit my ancestral home there. [eeso o].
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by oderemo(m): 3:27pm On May 12, 2011
^^, how dare u call my palace lil town. grin grin .lol.
i have frds that are deeply religious and i respect them for that,as i am open minded guy, been frm my youth.
but strip religion frm us all, we all become human being, isnit?
a guy had an accident down the road, do i ask for his/her religion b4 i help? hell know.
so y should religion block relationship once we learn to respect each oda docrine and practise.
been working for me for the past twenty something yrs with my wife, so whats d problem.
abeg lets learn to live 2gther.
by the way LAFOSE 25th anniversary is this yr., y dont u come and enjoy the okason grin .
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by azharuddin: 4:48pm On May 12, 2011
ode remo:

but strip religion frm us all, we all become human being, isnit?
a guy had an accident down the road, do i ask for his/her religion b4 i help?

I think obeying Allah makes us a better human being.

the Prophet (SAW) has said: “Without doubt, one, who is hard-hearted, is far away from Allah's mercy”
(Abu Dawood).

So it becomes an obligation of every God fearing Muslim to help a person lying on the road who had an accident.

On another occasion Prophet (SAW) said: “One who doesn't love his younger and doesn't respect his elders, is not from us”
(Tirmidhi).

So imagine the importance of humanitarian consideration in Islam. But if you ve come accross a 'supposedly religious person' who causes trouble for others, then his 'religiousness' is in question.

Alla knows best.
May Allah include us of people who are good to others, and be merciful to us. Ameen.
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by jesus3: 4:53pm On May 12, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@ode remo^^^^^^^^^^^^^ we will not refuse a christian blood because he/she is human and islam is about preservation of life.

however, just because we will not refuse something of the christian does not mean we accept everything from them; pork is a good example.

and when it comes to belief we reject trinity, though we accept jesus [as] the prophet.

And it is about God and His Laws and Commandments. it is not always about love first. such love is insincerity if its intent is not for God. so God is first.

i love that little town call ode remo. my blood is from there. someday, i will visit my ancestral home there. [eeso o].
Im happy u accept me lol

Did God tell u muslims not to marry we christians? Can u regard christians as unbelievers?
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by jesus3: 4:55pm On May 12, 2011
azharuddin:

I think obeying Allah makes us a better human being.

the Prophet (SAW) has said: “Without doubt, one, who is hard-hearted, is far away from Allah's mercy”
(Abu Dawood).

So it becomes an obligation of every God fearing Muslim to help a person lying on the road who had an accident.

On another occasion Prophet (SAW) said: “One who doesn't love his younger and doesn't respect his elders, is not from us”
(Tirmidhi).

So imagine the importance of humanitarian consideration in Islam. But if you ve come accross a 'supposedly religious person' who causes trouble for others, then his 'religiousness' is in question.

Alla knows best.
May Allah include us of people who are good to others, and be merciful to us. Ameen.

will it allow me marry a muslim should i fall in love with one?
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by isalegan2: 5:54am On May 13, 2011
Fall in love with one, then ask her that question.

What do you want us to tell you, man?! undecided
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by Araboy(m): 5:18am On May 15, 2011
I don't think Marriage between Muslim woman and Christian man is prohibited in Islam As far as I know there is no clear cut on the issue from the  Quran even though one verse stated that a slave Muslim is better than a non believer but there is no categorical verse that out law the practice like in case of Alcohol and Fornication
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by Sweetnecta: 10:24pm On May 15, 2011
@Arabboy; Muslim Woman and non-Muslim Man:

, And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al-Mushrikun** till they believe in Allah alone and verily a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik, even though he pleases you, .[2:221]

** Al-Mushrikun=>Pagans, idolators, polytheist and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah and in His messenger Prophet Muhammad SAW) -

Islam considers the husband head-of-the-family and therefore requires that a Muslima cannot marry a non-Muslim because she will be under the authority of a non-muslim husband. He may prevent her from carrying out her religious obligations by either pressuring her or physically abusing her. But it is not the sole reason for imposing the restriction. The situation is considered very damaging for the woman to practice Islam afterwards and even worse for the kids in such marriages. There are NO single condition mentioned under which a Muslim woman IS allowed to get married or remain married to a non-Muslim husband after she has accepted Islam. Therefore, even if she has freedom to practice Islam after marriage, she is NOT allowed to enter into an inter-faith marriage.
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by jesus3: 1:33pm On May 16, 2011
Araboy:

I don't think Marriage between Muslim woman and Christian man is prohibited in Islam[b] As far as I know there is no clear cut on the issue from the Quran even though one verse stated that a slave Muslim is better than a non believer but there is no categorical verse [/b]that out law the practice like in case of Alcohol and Fornication
Nice one. Tell Muslims to stop prevent us from marrying their Ladies if we find a nice one. Likes of sweetnecta grin always wanted the inter religious marriage no to happen
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by Sweetnecta: 4:19pm On May 16, 2011
sweetnecta is a male. we do not practice man to man.

jesus. take it to your section.
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by Sweetnecta: 4:24pm On May 16, 2011
@ode remo; [Quote]by the way LAFOSE 25th anniversary is this yr., y dont u come and enjoy the okason Grin .[/Quote]sorry to ask. whats lafose?
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by oderemo(m): 9:28pm On May 18, 2011
check out Lafose.org. u will get acquinted with our town more.
lafose day is a yearly celebration every august.
the whole world descend on ode for this celebration.
its a wonderful xperience.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by chiefImam2: 8:48pm On May 30, 2011
jesus.:

I'm asking if inter religious marriage is permitted in Islam. who knows, i might be eying a beautiful Islamic damsel.

Please i need answer asap
cheers
The best thing for you in life is to marry somebody of your religion; that will make you to have everlasting rest of life.

Don't marry because because of the 'love' you said you may find today. Marriage is a lifetime thing, it is an

everlasting thing, you don't say for the 'small love' you get today you want to marry the lady. Love comes and

grow; as you grow in marriage. My great teacher said that; we marry because of these four reasons: 1. for the

sake of beauty, 2. for religious sake, 3. for the sake of his / her family, 4. for wealth sake.

alas! you need to marry somebody of your religion
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 28, 2011
I am currently f.u.c.kk.ing a muslim lady in my office and there is nothing you Jihadist can do! The lady in question already has a hausa man that wants to marry her but I am f.u.c.kk.ing her steady. Ur allah, prophet muhammed can do no shit to me, ha ha ha,
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:15pm On Jun 28, 2011
NubiLove:

I am currently f.u.c.kk.ing a muslim lady in my office and there is nothing you Jihadist can do! The lady in question already has a hausa man that wants to marry her but I am f.u.c.kk.ing her steady. your allah, prophet muhammed can do no poo to me, ha ha ha,

please dont insult my Hausa brothers. Hausa ≠ muslim. im a Pagan Hausa but i cant stand ppl constantly insulting my Hausa brothers in such vulgar n demeaning ways. yes, the Hausa hav done wrong but this way of insulting is wayy of the hook. if u dont stop, ill personally f.u.c.kk u and ill eat ur heart and play with ur useless soul. so watch out.
Re: Is It Possible For A Christian ( For Instance Myself) To Marry Any Muslim Lady? by tiarabubu: 9:56pm On Feb 21, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Dubai Releases 1,000-kg Book On Prophet Mohammad / RAMADAN: Send Best Wishes And Words Of Encouragement. / A Rebuttal Of CAN President’s Claims by NSCIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.