Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown (60418 Views)

Three Arrested As Osun Vows Clampdown On Ilesa Killers / Yahoo Boys In Ibadan Go Into Hiding As EFCC Intensifies Clampdown / Yahoo-Yahoo Turns Diabolic: Yahoo Plus (Scary Photos Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by joelag: 2:37pm On May 03, 2021
If not for yahoo yahoo, south west economy for don collapse..

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by starlingbawa(m): 2:39pm On May 03, 2021
Does this issue you've highlighted bother us more than the advancement of Terrorists and Bandits to other parts of the Country?

I'm only asking ooo...
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by Akanaz(m): 2:39pm On May 03, 2021
Why wouldn't yahoo keep growing when there's no job anywhere? Many people are out there with no jobs.

Not everybody participate in internet fraud because it promises flamboyant lifestyle. Some joined to be able to take care of their bills. Or do you think its easy to just find someone out there who's gonna help you with your bills? Now a days, people don't even give people jobs.

Do you know yahoo is actually one of those engagement ( I don't wanna use job because it ain't a job ) that keeps the economy running? An average civil servant or non government worker will walk to a store and start negotiating prices with the intent of cutting cost while reducing the profit of the struggling sellers. But these boys, they go there and spoil the seller.

The only readily available jobs for these less privileged people with little of no connection is to work as a casual worker in a factory. Most of these factories don't care for them. All they worry about is their output. Every mistakes leads to deduction in salary and every protest leads to getting sacked. Why is this happening? Because there are other struggling youths out there who wouldn't mind being treated like an animal. Does anyone pray for this?

I'm not saying this as a justification of the crime but no matter how we think about it, this is as a result of a failed state. Same thing with the current situation in the north. ( although that's on some extreme level ).

Any which way, crime should be shunned as what matters most in life is the future just tryna make us see these whole thing form other perspective. Sometimes, there's limit to hopefulness, tolerance, faith and perseverance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by chaloskyx: 2:39pm On May 03, 2021
FUNNY PEOPLE THE REAL YAHOO YAHOO ARE OUR PASTORS AND POLITICIANS
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 2:39pm On May 03, 2021
Who say men no dey, Una give dem work?e no go good ooo angry
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by ngjames2021: 2:42pm On May 03, 2021
Urgently need money? Work hard and still got not enough? Debts only grows up?
I know how i feels!

I was LIKE YOU once, just one of 5 poor brothers, working on farm.

I hate poverty as much as you are! That's why I made a greatest investment community to earn money with no limits!

I've changed my life!
And now I give YOU same chance to change you life!

No doubts, no fears!
JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP AND BECOME RICH

https://thisdayslive.com/whatsappgroup/
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 03, 2021
Govt is the number one criminals.
Ooni:
The govt doing the clampdown is also guilty of the crime against the masses.
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by bigiyaro(m): 2:49pm On May 03, 2021
just like every department of the Nigerian govt, insincerity and corruption will not allow performance.
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by stanley000: 2:49pm On May 03, 2021
nototribalist:
I feel sorry for girls who end up marrying Yahoo boys because in the future they always and will always fall back to poverty
hmm don't hold your breath coz those guys are not just balling but flying. I'm an achitect, one yahooboy patronage can cover my expenses for the next 2years meanwhile those legit them be pricing someone low as if I'm the cause of their problem. Abeg free yahooboys abeg
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by EmmanuelScott1(m): 2:50pm On May 03, 2021
What about the idiots that denied us our corona palliatives, see yahoo yahoo won't stop in Nigeria until our government see us as humans.
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by Daum: 2:50pm On May 03, 2021
If not yahoo yahoo
Nigeria would have been like Somalia now. It's because these young boys have hope that they will make their own money through scam since the government has scammed everybody that's why we are still moving freely
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by Shukushaka: 2:50pm On May 03, 2021
I'm not gonna lie na only Yahoo guys dey buy cars and build houses these days.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by jizzison(m): 2:52pm On May 03, 2021
I don't want to spoil the thread but I've to be honest here. Cybercrime isn't slowing down anytime soon in Nigeria.
If you doubt what I said check the rate of poverty and you'll see what I mean.
Both graduates and undergraduates are involved in this thing with most of those involved coming from poor background.

Mind you we live in a country where to even get a favourable paying job you've to 'Sabi' somebody as one of my friend usually say. Or rather you have sweet luck going for you to get that dream job.
How many of us in this country are that LUCKY?

I praise the bro who posted a screenshot concerning the rate of EXTREME POVERTY earlier.

When the country you live in tops nations like Ethiopia, Uganda, DR Congo and India you'll easily see why cybercrime isn't going to slow down anytime soon.
Right now as I'm typing someone is somewhere telling a Gee, "Abeg, suffer don wire me, I wan learn work".

Infact as the rate of unemployment increases so does the rate of online fraud. So where do you tackle first?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by dalass(f): 3:03pm On May 03, 2021
Ooni:
The govt doing the clampdown is also guilty of the crime against the masses.

Abi oh. All our political holders are scammers... Scamming and bleeding our Commonwealth dry!

Nigeria itself is a big scam kiss undecided
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by Ayilara1(m): 3:04pm On May 03, 2021
The government isn't ready to curb the menace, I'm from ogbomosho and everyone know yahoo boys in their area - They don't cover up their yahoo with tangible business whilst spending lavishly.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by Seun360(m): 3:04pm On May 03, 2021
Omihanifa:
As long as there's extreme poverty and lack of contentment on the part of the youths, internet fraud can't stop in Nigeria.

Intact both yahoo and prostitution will be very hard to stop in this country because the two of them compliment each other

Gbam.
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by zanshi: 3:05pm On May 03, 2021
I hear a lot of people saying "No jobs" is the reason why these folks wallow in these crimes, but you see a lot of them who make money off their crime buying expensive cars and so on but why do they still engage in it?

1 Like

Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 03, 2021
Cyber hustle will thrive more during lockdowns.

Legally or illegally it's appealing to make money online. Imagine staying indoors and getting deposit alerts from thin air. Very tempting but more rewarding if legal.

I don't think Yahoo Yahoo can be stopped. There are more Yahoo boys than policemen in the world cos it's not only in Nigeria. Cyber theft is a global vice.

EFCC is not interested in arrest because they wanna end cybercrime, but to confiscate and steal from the thieves.

It's a dog eat dog world.

The exchange rate is another major fuel. I think the government should legalize and tax Yahoo Yahoo lol
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by Confirmedzombie: 3:07pm On May 03, 2021
Give dem Biafra and watch dem sell Biafra in one week.
Awon Ndi Iberibe
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by West2019(m): 3:08pm On May 03, 2021
Stop calling them Yahoo Yahoo there ritualis.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:09pm On May 03, 2021
shogsman:

Here we fuvking go again, there are corrupt politicians In every part of the world you don't see their people stealing up and down on the internet, so it is those foreigners you're scamming that is responsible for your bad governance abi
I know but ours is something else! shocked shocked

They embezzle/loot monies meant for the maintenance of health center, payment of salaries and pensions with "open eye confidence". haba!
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by galaxy2020(m): 3:11pm On May 03, 2021
Most of them are into yahoo+, which involves human sacrifices, Blood money....very few succeed in scaming individuals/cooperate entities.
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by lereinter(m): 3:20pm On May 03, 2021
Without holding brief for yahoo yahoo

Magu yahooed nigeria what has efcc done to that?

Also efcc should go do more research, there's a difference between internet fraudsters and money rituals
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by sojfarm: 3:29pm On May 03, 2021
One of the problems is that they authority call the it a wrong name. Most of what is happening now is no longer Yahoo Yahoo as it was known.

What is actually happening is real money ritual.
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by ArcFresky(m): 3:33pm On May 03, 2021
2mercy:
Hardly does a week pass without the EFCC parading young men for cyber fraud or some being jailed by the courts for the crime.

When you talk about fraud, first talk about the root cause.

The poverty
The joblessness
The wealth flaunting leaders.
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by witworth(m): 3:44pm On May 03, 2021
It's forever. No law no crime. No new crime, law and crime are meant for each other. Nobody can separate them, crime and law starts from the government.
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by annisy(f): 3:47pm On May 03, 2021
Nigeria is a yahoo nation
The real yahoo Boys are our leaders, cashing out billions every month while the masses are dying
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by Energyking(m): 3:50pm On May 03, 2021
This might be the government's fault, sure. But it's still their choice to engage in it

When there are so many legit online businesses you can invest into and succeed like programming, coding, web design, graphics, blogging, info products marketing, coaching and consultation... and my favorites: copywriting and affiliate marketing, etc.

But they chose a get-rich-quick scheme and rip off people of their hard earned money. Why would their enjoyment last? Calm down and learn a skill that would sustain you for generations to come, put in the work and make positive impact on people through it. That's the way to create good and lasting wealth for yourself
Re: Yahoo-Yahoo Thrives In Nigeria, Despite Government Clampdown by Oritz2020(m): 3:59pm On May 03, 2021
The government of Nigeria over the years has been into yahoo yahoo as they are always busy plotting ways of defrauding the masses of their common wealth. The EFCC should first clamp down on govt officials because the action and inaction of these public office holders plunged the youths into a state of hopelessness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gay Whiteman Beaten In Lagos For Trying To Hook Up With Facebook Friend For Sex / Ritualists Behead Security Guard In Ondo, Remove Vital Organs(Graphic Photos) / Alex Umezuruike, OSPAC Leader Killed & Beheaded In Rivers (Graphic Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.