Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Cocoyam Planting Time - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cocoyam Planting Time (1633 Views)

Egusi Planting Time / Water Mellon: Planting Time Is Here. / The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cocoyam Planting Time by JuanDeDios: 2:26pm On May 04, 2021
What's the best time to plant cocoyam? Is it ok to plant them now?
Re: Cocoyam Planting Time by Nobody: 6:42am On May 05, 2021
for me it's the harvest time I calculate. it's more like a 5-6months crop. most of the time I plant in June to harvest in December.
but I'd love to know how you get access to cocoyam croms
Re: Cocoyam Planting Time by JuanDeDios: 3:53pm On May 05, 2021
ekerensima:
for me it's the harvest time I calculate. it's more like a 5-6months crop. most of the time I plant in June to harvest in December.
but I'd love to know how you get access to cocoyam croms
I thought they said White is harvested in 1 and half years, and Akala in two years?

So it's best to harvest around December? Is that when it sells for the best prices?
Re: Cocoyam Planting Time by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 06, 2021
JuanDeDios:

I thought they said White is harvested in 1 and half years, and Akala in two years?

So it's best to harvest around December? Is that when it sells for the best prices?

Boss I nor kno which kin cocoyam be dat ooo. when i harvested by December (white and pink cocoyam) some of them were already germinating. Maybe yours is another specie
Re: Cocoyam Planting Time by JuanDeDios: 8:24am On May 13, 2021
ekerensima:

Boss I nor kno which kin cocoyam be dat ooo. when i harvested by December (white and pink cocoyam) some of them were already germinating. Maybe yours is another specie
Thank you.
Re: Cocoyam Planting Time by descarado: 8:29am On May 13, 2021
Cocoyam can be harvested and stored.
Depending on where your market target is, if its anambra, ther types of cocoyam is hot cake during planting season. That's the peak period. Though can go up Christmas time due to festivities.
Good luck to you and bounty harvest.
Re: Cocoyam Planting Time by JuanDeDios: 10:42am On May 13, 2021
descarado:
Cocoyam can be harvested and stored.
Depending on where your market target is, if its anambra, ther types of cocoyam is hot cake during planting season. That's the peak period. Though can go up Christmas time due to festivities.
Good luck to you and bounty harvest.
Thank you. How do you store cocoyam?

(1) (Reply)

Fully Completed Fish Farm And Piggery For Sale / How I Sold My Fresh Maize After They Matured / What Do Farmers Need To Succeed ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.