Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,448 members, 7,836,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) (44670 Views)

What Clemens Westerhof Told Eguavoen About Super Eagles / Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game / Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by brownemmanuel43(m): 12:35pm On May 05, 2021
My eyes are on that liquor on the damn table, happy birthday old one
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by RPG2020(m): 12:37pm On May 05, 2021
That mateus drink na 3euro for supper market
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by feedthenation(m): 12:53pm On May 05, 2021
---Westerhof is a 'Nigerian' Legend---HBD to him---
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by wayodude(m): 12:55pm On May 05, 2021
To those that are too young to have watched the Super Eagles under Westerhof, I sincerely sympathize with you...

That team in particular between 1991 and 1994 are the reason I still have high hopes for Naija football. Surely we can play like that again one day.

The National Stadium Surulere was a confirmed slaughter house.
I remember these games on TV like yesterday!
World Cup Qualifier in 1993: Nigeria 4 - Algeria 1 (coming from behind to do them, Okocha's debut and scored the equaliser with a direct freekick)
World Cup Qualifier in 1993: Nigeria 4 - Ivory Coast 1 (hard game but that result against reigning African champions was sweet!)
AFCON Qualifier in 1993: Nigeria 6 - Ethiopia 0 (Yekini scored3/4 goals cant remember now, it was Oliseh's debut.)
AFCON Qualifier in 1991: Nigeria 7 - Burkina Faso 1 (Finidi's debuted as a Sharks of Port hacourt player and he scored! Another good home based player that day was Dotun Alatise. Yekini scored 4 lol)

Ah man we will be good again smiley
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by saajus: 12:58pm On May 05, 2021
Two matches that have ever made me cry. Nigeria against Italy in 94 and Chelsea vs Barca daylight robbery in 2009. I was very little in 94 but I was very intelligent and understand football. We missed the greatest opportunity to win a world cup. The Bulgaria that we trashed in our first game got to Semi-Final. The Roberta Baggio Italy that struggled and lucky to knock us out got to the Final.

It would be the greatest achievement of any NFA administration if they can assemble a team like USA 94 Super Eagles again.

1 Like

Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by BRATISLAVA: 1:31pm On May 05, 2021
Curious345:
His ex girlfriend came out 6yers ago to say he infected her with HIV. He too came out to say yea "I have hiv but I infected no one "
Medcine has really helped humanity . With the right Antiretroviral hiv treatment drugs , you can live to 100yrs with hiv in your blood.
Happy birthday sir

He is HIV positive, and she was in a sexual relationship with him, then comes out to accuse him of giving her HIV and some how he magically didn't give it to her? Because of ARVs? If it's in his blood always, why doesn't he think he gave it to her whilst they were intimate?

The myth of HIV and ARVs is a dangerous one. Living till 100 years doesn't mean it can't be passed to another person.

1 Like

Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by Chioma1989: 1:47pm On May 05, 2021
I actually thought he was announced to have passed away sometimes ago. Respect to you sir.
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by Segzy19: 1:59pm On May 05, 2021
He was good coach. He was able to manage the boys well, and also adapted to the Nigerian football politics. He was also confident... The boys loved him
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by babsthegreat: 3:10pm On May 05, 2021
Happy birthday sir May you continue to live in good health and more of God's blessings you made us proud and happy back then
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by Sleekfingers: 4:00pm On May 05, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Even people wey them never born then go come dey form say them Sabi the man and him tactics then
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by Sleekfingers: 4:01pm On May 05, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Even people wey them never born then go come dey form say them Sabi the man and him tactics then

you are right....most of them wey dem born in 2000....go dey claim say dem no the man.....
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by Curious345: 4:43pm On May 05, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

He is HIV positive, and she was in a sexual relationship with him, then comes out to accuse him of giving her HIV and some how he magically didn't give it to her? Because of ARVs? If it's in his blood always, why doesn't he think he gave it to her whilst they were intimate?

The myth of HIV and ARVs is a dangerous one. Living till 100 years doesn't mean it can't be passed to another person.
I have seen hiv couples .in this case the husband is -ve but wife +ve and they engage in raw sex . They have 4 kids now .
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by Djangote: 4:48pm On May 05, 2021
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by Christmasdon(m): 4:49pm On May 05, 2021
WHO'S PETER ROFY VS PETERSIDE IDAH
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by Richthekid: 5:39pm On May 05, 2021
Ohhh
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by justjify(m): 5:54pm On May 05, 2021
Where is our mumu minister of sports?
Don't people like this deserve some good will message on a special day like this?
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by BRATISLAVA: 6:30pm On May 05, 2021
Curious345:
I have seen hiv couples .in this case the husband is -ve but wife +ve and they engage in raw sex . They have 4 kids now .

You saw them having the engaging raw sex? Kinky.

That aside, what works for them will not work for everyone. He could be on ARVs himself. Plus men are less likely to get it.

If his girlfriend got positive, then she got it from him no matter what he says. It didn't appear in her magically.
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by mozona(m): 8:57pm On May 05, 2021
he sold us out in usa 94
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by ofiko123(m): 9:21pm On May 05, 2021
Happy birthday to Clemens westerhof...
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by TheMainMan: 11:09pm On May 05, 2021
Happy birthday sir
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:33am On May 06, 2021
Great man.
Happy Birthday.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by ericmor: 9:51am On May 06, 2021
HBD to the best that ever coach Nigeria
Re: Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) by Cromagnon: 7:53pm On May 08, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:

If you want to make it as a nigerian footballer, you have to lie about your age.

Until Nigerian fans can afford tickets of up to 20000 naira or more per game, and Nigerian companies can pay TV rights money at a par with LaLiga and Premier league....lying is going to continue

Yes, it is bad., yes it should not happen, yes it has battered our chances of winning internationaLLY, but you cannot leave school, earn less than 200 dollars monthly, and then retire in your thirties with what?
Nah
We just need better sports marketing
Will not be like abroad but definitely better
Just like Molly and nollywood

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) / Top Arsenal Players Remove Arsenal From All Social Media Bios / AFCON 2022: Super Eagles Break Record After Their Win Over Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.