Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) (44627 Views)

Ighalo Named Chinese Super League Player Of The Week / Marouane Fellaini Scores Winning Goal On Chinese Super League Debut (Photos) / Mikel Obi Quits Tianjin Teda, Chinese Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:50am On Jan 06, 2017
John Mikel Obi has become the latest ex-Premier League star to move to the Chinese Super League after his transfer to Tianjin TEDA was confirmed on social media.

A picture was shared on Chinese website Webo of former Chelsea midfielder Mikel shaking hands with a Tianjin club official and holding the club's shirt.

Mikel, who had been frozen out of Chelsea's first team this season with N'Golo Kante, Nemanja Matic, Nathaniel Chalobah and Cesc Fabregas ahead in the pecking roder, will reportedly earn £140,000 a week.

The 29-year-old underwent a medical on Thursday as he prepared to become the second player to swap West London for the Far East, following Oscar who has signed for Shanghai SIPG.

The Nigerian international had held talks with Valencia, while Marseille and Inter Milan also showed interest.

Mikel spent 11 years at Stamford Bridge after controversially joining Chelsea, despite appearing at a Manchester United press conference and posing with a United shirt with his name on it.

He is understood to have signed a three-year deal, after a successful spell in England, winning the Champions League, two Premier League titles and four FA Cups.

He played in pre-season with Chelsea last summer but then left the squad to win an Olympic bronze medal with Nigeria in Rio and has not found a way back into Conte's plans since.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4093276/John-Mikel-Obi-signs-Tianjin-TEDA-latest-player-join-Chinese-Super-League.html

10 Likes

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Sleekydee(m): 2:57am On Jan 06, 2017
well right move, time to make money, especially now dt dere is recession on naija

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Rednaxelot: 3:03am On Jan 06, 2017
Mikel, who had been frozen out of Chelsea's first team this season with N'Golo Kante, Nemanja Matic, Nathaniel Chalobah and Cesc Fabregas ahead in the pecking roder, will reportedly earn £140,000 a week.
The wage is just too small joor!

Comparing Oscar on a £400,000 weekly pay and Tevez on a weekly pay of £615,000.
That amount seems to be too small for Mikel.

Well, £140,000 weekly pay is not bad for a pensioner.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Nobody: 5:29am On Jan 06, 2017
grin grin grin grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by shilexholly(m): 6:21am On Jan 06, 2017
Congratulations o.. .. baba ibeji

4 Likes

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Ekpekus(m): 6:24am On Jan 06, 2017
Congratulations John Obi Mikel... Na unto money matter for China o. You know say their things nor dey last o, so pack as much as.you can while there.
Success all the way

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 06, 2017
Nwa Obi I wish you all the best. Chop money. I wish I am a footballer.i can't be bothered about winning champions league.. I will just go to China or UAE and enjoy

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Abayor7: 7:36am On Jan 06, 2017
Happy retirement!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 06, 2017
Mikel... China.....why? embarassed
And Arsenal were ready to break the bank to sign this dude. Chai chimooo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Ximenez(m): 7:37am On Jan 06, 2017
This one is not a surprise. Mikel has never been ambitious or the type to want to improve as a footballer, I doubt it if his wages was ever increased through out his lengthy stay in Chelsea cos when you don't improve you won't have the courage to ask for an increase and the club in turn will just extend your contract so as to have you on the bench incase something goes wrong with the favorites, like what happened in 2012 champions League final when Ramires, Meireles, Terry, and Ivanovic were all suspended for the match. I don't hate you but you were once second to Lionel Messi. Even the Chinese are offering to pay you 140k per week. That's the Lowest I have heard of, of all the players who moved from Europe to the Far East

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by takenadoh: 7:37am On Jan 06, 2017
are these Chinese clubs printing dollars or pounds?

the way they are dashing expired players money.
afraid is catching me oh even MLS dey learn work, this can make Okocha come out of retirement oh!!!

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by coolestchris(m): 7:37am On Jan 06, 2017
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Chrisrare: 7:38am On Jan 06, 2017
The dead wood has finally been off loaded... Good one one frm chelsea.

5 Likes

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by koolcat: 7:38am On Jan 06, 2017
frankly speaking, the pay is too little, or is it coz he is an african player by the way WHY chinese club
Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Oildichotomy(m): 7:38am On Jan 06, 2017
So after all the shakara, Na China be the bustop.

The captain of the Super Eagles plays in China? That doesn't sound right if you ask me!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Mopolchi: 7:38am On Jan 06, 2017
Mikel has moved to a country where we won't watch him play again. What is my own sef? When we were watching him, he was not playing but sitting on the bench.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by yomalex(m): 7:38am On Jan 06, 2017
wow
Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by nrexzy: 7:39am On Jan 06, 2017
Na lie jooor obi wey wan go Valencia
Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 06, 2017
Just £140k? Too small but anyway... Na my money? Goolluck to Mikel career
Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Godstraight(m): 7:39am On Jan 06, 2017
Hmmm

7 Likes

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 06, 2017
takenadoh:

afraid is catching me oh even MLS dey learn work, this can make Okocha come out of retirement oh!!!
Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Maximus85(m): 7:40am On Jan 06, 2017
I would have said this is the end of Mikel's footballing career but it's none of my business.
Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 06, 2017
So Mikel went for just 140k? ? Are you fucking kidding me??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Mopolchi: 7:41am On Jan 06, 2017
koolcat:
frankly speaking, the pay is too little, or is it coz he is an african player by the way WHY chinese club
Okay.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by laurel03(m): 7:41am On Jan 06, 2017
takenadoh:

may be na fake dollar

1 Like

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by hadura29(m): 7:41am On Jan 06, 2017
Bad negotiator, Mikel should sack him..
Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by spartoo: 7:41am On Jan 06, 2017
I think Mikel's football career is on a decline.

undecided
Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Afam4eva(m): 7:41am On Jan 06, 2017
Where do these Chinese people get their money from? Is there league lucrative that they pay players exorbitant amounts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by MrGreenMavro: 7:41am On Jan 06, 2017
h
Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by barrybanbi: 7:41am On Jan 06, 2017
Ok ... Congrats

1 Like

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 06, 2017
He finally went to China? A Chinese friend told me this couple of days ago but I couldn't believe him. Well, it's time to make money anyway.

Good luck Mikel!

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) by Afam4eva(m): 7:42am On Jan 06, 2017
frenchwine:
So Mikel went for just 140k? ? Are you fucking kidding me??
That's his worth.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification / Man City Ranked Best Fooball Team In The World, Man Utd 34th [Top 10] / Jose Gimenez In Tears As Uruguay Crash Out Of 2018 World Cup (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.