Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,448 members, 7,846,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:44 AM

Forgive And Forget: The Internet Can Forgive But It'll Never Forget - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Forgive And Forget: The Internet Can Forgive But It'll Never Forget (237 Views)

The Internet Can Destroy: Exploit The Same Internet And Become More Successful / What Is That Bad Incident You'll Never Forget? / Share A Day You Can Never Forget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forgive And Forget: The Internet Can Forgive But It'll Never Forget by BuharFulani: 4:42pm On May 05, 2021
I have read a lot of great article about the internet. Some praise it as one of the greatest invention of man while others see it as a curse; a plaque that will one day consume us.

I cannot decide who is right between those on the far right or at the far left of the argument as they both have beautiful and well crafted arguments.

If you are to look closely at both arguments, you'll see a vast number of truths in them.

As such, I'll not try to argue whether the internet is a good tool or the devil in our hands. Rather I'll only try to caution us about the energy we put out there while wandering around in this vast virtual world.

The internet is a huge database. The largest memory Bank in the world. But unlike the human memory, it does not forget things... At least not easily.

And when you thought you have buried a thing, it springs up like an evil surprise when you least expect it.

As such, while living your life, be careful of how you go about it. Live as rightly as possible because the internet is watching you 24/7 to capture every mistake or good thing you do.

And once it have you, it becomes almost impossible for it to leave you.

People are on their phones day and night, ready to hand you over to the internet the moment you misbehave. Take for instance, the issue of the 400l law student (which is the reason why I wrote this post btw), the internet caught him when he least expected and till forever, just about anyone connected to the internet can easily dig up that singular act of violence.

Then, it'll no longer be about him beating his girlfriend but at that point, he becomes a woman beater. Almost unemployable by any company.

To this day, I still believe we humans are not ready for the internet we invented and we can see this in the manner which people upload things about themselves without thinking about the nearest future and how easily ideas and behaviors can change.

The past will surely catch up with you on the very night of your breakthrough if you are not careful about the things you posted on the internet.

Like Isa Pantami, that piece of news about that law student will forever haunt him, denying him opportunities as many times as possible.

Please don't stunt your growth in life. Be careful of the internet. Be careful of how you express yourself especially in a public domain like your Facebook walls and twitter handles. People are always ready with their camera to feed the hungry internet with videos and images of your attitude. Be careful of those watchful eyes.

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Road Trip From Abeokuta To Imakun Omi Waterside (vlog) / Hire Employment Lawyers To Know Your Rights And Interests In Melbourne / Bbnaija Reunion: I Was Disvirgined At 24 — Wathoni (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.