Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. (1537 Views)

Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production / Egg Size Of Noiler / My Dominant Brown Layers Egg Production Increases From 37% To 87% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by aliadi2: 6:54pm On May 05, 2021
Hello all ...... Am new in poultry buisness. Please help a brother my layers are just laying and they're at 22 weeks but the egg size is small and they're just doing 60% please what can i use to increase production and egg size. Someone told me to sprinkle blended charcoal to their feed. Does anyone have an idea about this. Thanks
Re: Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by Gline: 8:00pm On May 05, 2021
Sorry about that it can really be a frustrating one,i don't do layers but the organic supplement I get from a guy on line is really doing wonders for my boilers. You can check him out on facebook @gileadfarms and am sure he can help
Re: Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by IamAsiri: 8:11pm On May 05, 2021
aliadi2:
Hello all ...... Am new in poultry buisness. Please help a brother my layers are just laying and they're at 22 weeks but the egg size is small and they're just doing 60% please what can i use to increase production and egg size. Someone told me to sprinkle blended charcoal to their feed. Does anyone have an idea about this. Thanks

It's going to start from being small before increasing in size and weight. Just be calm because that is how it normally is when they just start laying. Just ensure that they are eating the right ration of feed (not underfed) and take enough water.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by aliadi2: 11:35pm On May 05, 2021
Gline:
Sorry about that it can really be a frustrating one,i don't do layers but the organic supplement I get from a guy on line is really doing wonders for my boilers. You can check him out on facebook @gileadfarms and am sure he can help
Thanks alot i will check him out now
Re: Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by aliadi2: 11:36pm On May 05, 2021
IamAsiri:

It's going to start from being small before increasing in size and weight. Just be calm because that is how it normally is when they just start laying. Just ensure that they are eating the right ration of feed (not underfed) and take enough water.
Thanks sir but what is your thought on the charcoal.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by IamAsiri: 8:45am On May 06, 2021
aliadi2:

I don't know anything about the charcoal. Please don't do anything that will hurt your birds eventually. Don't give them charcoal unless you get a confirmation from an experienced person in that field. @emmaachile2, kindly advise.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by emmaachile2(m): 10:47am On May 06, 2021
aliadi2:

Have never heard of charcoal. One easy way to increase egg size is to give cool water during the day and feed your layers well.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by IamAsiri: 11:13am On May 06, 2021
Thank you sir @emmaachile2 for responding.

@OP, kindly take his advice as you have received the best advice so far. Best of luck sir.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by FarmTech(m): 1:38pm On May 06, 2021
Also give them multivits and maintain 14-16 hours of light everyday.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by wuyexzy01: 4:45pm On May 06, 2021
Once you are sure of their feed quality and quantity. Then two things are important.
1) Make sure there's light in the pen till around 11-12PM (compulsorily yellow light). You will notice massive improvement in the numbers.
2) Add linoic acid to their feed. It will definitely increase their egg size.
3 & 4) Thank me later.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by aliadi2: 5:09pm On May 06, 2021
cry cry Anyone has any idea what is wrong with my bird . i lost one today and i cant move and their feeding has decreased maybe that's what making my egg size small. Someone please help.

Re: Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by Attit: 6:39pm On May 06, 2021
I guess I understand why grinded charcoal is recommended. I guess you can use activated charcoal. It is for flushing out poisons. You may want to treat your birds too for infection as you can see what's going on. I guess someone else may come with what you should use as I am not into poultry medication. I don't even want to talk about it. I'm more into organic.

But, yes, vitamins and minerals are necessary. And the person who gave you linoic acid is right.

What I will talk more about is the choice of light for layers. From my experience red light tends to produce more eggs. Of course yellow produces more than white and blue, but red produces more. You may use Kelvin rating to buy led light for poultry. And yea, get it on till 11pm to midnight.

Re: Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by aliadi2: 4:32am On May 07, 2021
Thanks for the reply
Re: Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by FarmTech(m): 8:13pm On May 08, 2021
wuyexzy01:
Once you are sure of their feed quality and quantity. Then two things are important.
1) Make sure there's light in the pen till around 11-12PM (compulsorily yellow light). You will notice massive improvement in the numbers.
2) Add linoic acid to their feed. It will definitely increase their egg size.
3 & 4) Thank me later.
Highest period for light-on shud be 10pm. Dark period is also important for them. He shud also make sure that light from outside do not filter into the pen.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by FarmTech(m): 8:13pm On May 08, 2021
aliadi2:
cry cry Anyone has any idea what is wrong with my bird . i lost one today and i cant move and their feeding has decreased maybe that's what making my egg size small. Someone please help.
U shud post full list of symptoms.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by aliadi2: 9:54pm On May 11, 2021
FarmTech:

U shud post full list of symptoms.
They're not feed upto 100g per day despite the fact that i leave the light till 10pm, egg production suddenly drop to 51% from 60%. And someone are sleeping while standing and drinking alot of water. They drop that type of poop above
Re: Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by FarmTech(m): 9:23am On May 12, 2021
aliadi2:

They're not feed upto 100g per day despite the fact that i leave the light till 10pm, egg production suddenly drop to 51% from 60%. And someone are sleeping while standing and drinking alot of water. They drop that type of poop above
When last did u gave coccidiosis drug, deworming and antibiotics. In the meantime, give them an antibiotic and multivit.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. by aliadi2: 10:44am On May 12, 2021
Goodmorning sir ..... So i gave them anticocci, deworming and lasota last 2 weeks but i did not give any antibiotics. I will go and get now ..... Which one will you recommend.... Someone said i should use EST MIX WSP , have used amoxycol before.

(1) (Reply)

Treated Giant Elephant Sucker....what You Plant Is What U Harvest / We can supply beans and dry pepper in large quantity. / Pure Bred Sudanese Ram Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.