Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,195 members, 7,811,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? (13825 Views)

I Go Waste 29 Bullet For Your Body - Police Officer To EndSARS Protesters / LASEMA Reacts To Viral Video Of Man Who Reported A Robbery Attack In His Area / PCRRU: See The States That Recorded The Most Complaints About Police Harassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by sherylbaky(f): 7:52pm On May 05, 2021
To call the story short guys, I had an encounter with police officers earlier where extortion was involved. Then it occurred to me that when we experience similar issues from some organizations we can actually report.

We know we can always report banks to CBN and telecommunications to NCC. I read up on how to report police officers and got some clues, like reporting to Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU), even though I understand this is a government thing.

But I later got to know the unit is a division under the public police force itself. So I have this doubt if it would be active like NCC/CBN.

Has anyone here ever reported and experienced a positive result after reporting?
Or is there any other way to report them?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Hashabiah: 8:03pm On May 05, 2021
How can you be reporting thieves to thieves? My dear, the only way you can get justice is if you're rich and well connected. But as far as Nigeria is concerned, reporting to the police to higher authorities is just a waste of time.

P. S : I speak from experience

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Lifebefair(f): 8:05pm On May 05, 2021
I think there's a commission called Police Complaints Commission.

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Ngenge(m): 8:19pm On May 05, 2021
Unless it's in USA, or your father is a senator and depending on the state of origin of the officer or his rank. You can't do them any harm for officiating with iniquity

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by harakiri(m): 8:52pm On May 05, 2021
I was illegally arrested and locked by SARS 10 years ago...I took the case to FSARS only for the accused to call and tell me he and his blood sucking crew are waiting for me at FSARS DPO office and I should come on time coz they have other things to do.

I changed my SIM card immediately.

Nuff said.

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by sherylbaky(f): 6:57am On May 06, 2021
Lifebefair:
I think there's a commission called Police Complaints Commission.
In Nigeria, it is Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit, but I just want to know people's experience about the unit.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by sherylbaky(f): 7:00am On May 06, 2021
harakiri:
I was illegally arrested and locked by SARS 10 years ago...I took the case to FSARS only for the accused to call and tell me he and his blood sucking crew are waiting for me at FSARS DPO office and I should come on time coz they have other things to do.

I changed my SIM card immediately.

Nuff said.
Hmmm, na wa o, this country is something else.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Bornsinner7: 11:54am On May 06, 2021
Report them for brekete family

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by SultanOfPuna: 11:54am On May 06, 2021
Op, ask yourself

If the owner of your school punish you
And you report to the principal

Will the principal flog and punish the owner of the school?

Reporting police and expecting police to punish poilce na confirm LONG thing

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by jimmyolasun: 11:54am On May 06, 2021
Yea

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by slawormiir: 11:54am On May 06, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Baby girl op be using cbn and ncc as reference

As if those ones are better....

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Akwamkpuruamu: 11:54am On May 06, 2021
All those units, even the IGP monitoring squad which should be like the Army Military Police, are as useless as the last s in useless

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by BruncleZuma: 11:54am On May 06, 2021

11 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Taeewo(m): 11:55am On May 06, 2021
Report and you will get back you money...They have assisted me in retrieving my money twice...

Just provide them with full details When,What ,Where,Who ,whom,how...

Message them on twitter by copying Ishaku ( Head Unit ) , Rugged man, Segalink ,and if no positive response chat them on WhatsApp.. The DPO or Area Commander of that division will call you

NB If they didn't reply dont give up n continue disturbing them...Ur first chat on WhatsApp should be " I have chatted Ishaku (Unit Head )on twitter,and he asked me to contact you guys "

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Nobody: 11:55am On May 06, 2021
Probably in their dreams

Cheers
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by heartbraker(m): 11:55am On May 06, 2021
A
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by emmanuel596(m): 11:56am On May 06, 2021
All those shits a created for damage control and to save the already dead image of the police.....police are aware of daily bribery and civilian violations carried out by their officers and they wont do dog shit about it until theres a public/social media outcry
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by hecha38(m): 11:56am On May 06, 2021
100%
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by FILEBE(m): 11:57am On May 06, 2021
emmanuel596:
All those shits a created for damage control and to save the already dead image of the police

It was long created before the disbandment of sars

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by ictjobber: 11:57am On May 06, 2021
Instead of reporting to the police just drop a tweet on Twitter and leave the rest for NTC

7 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by LoneWolf200(m): 11:57am On May 06, 2021
My Bloodas abeg dont try them, they wld track u down again.Excerpt: From Experience
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 11:58am On May 06, 2021
Nope
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by skillmyman(m): 11:58am On May 06, 2021
look for Abayomi Shogunle on facebook. He was the one in charge of the police complaints unit. am sure he will direct you.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by TomShelby: 11:58am On May 06, 2021
You want to report police to police. You will lucky if they don’t lock you up themselves. They are all the same
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by bigtt76(f): 11:58am On May 06, 2021
Reporting police to police ...how e wan take happen naa cheesy

sherylbaky:
To call the story short guys, I had an encounter with police officers earlier where extortion was involved. Then it occurred to me that when we experience similar issues from some organizations we can actually report.

We know we can always report banks to CBN and telecommunications to NCC. I read up on how to report police officers and got some clues, like reporting to Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU), even though I understand this is a government thing.

But I later got to know the unit is a division under the public police force itself. So I have this doubt if it would be active like NCC/CBN.

Has anyone here ever reported and experienced a positive result after reporting?
Or is there any other way to report them?
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Foodqueen(f): 11:58am On May 06, 2021
Hmmmmm
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Bondosham: 11:59am On May 06, 2021
I think so
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Kingpele(m): 11:59am On May 06, 2021
The truth is that they won't act on it immediately,cos it requires investigation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahoo Boys Caught With Dead Girl. *viewers DISCRETION* / Petroleum Black Marketers In Jos Dealt With By Plateau STF (photos) / One Dead, 10 Injured In Abeokuta-Sagamu Road Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.