Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The (13840 Views)

Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West / Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West / ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The by Lanquart: 4:37pm On Apr 25, 2011
It was precisely on July 6th 2010 that my younger brother who is a talented footballer brought my attention to Taribo West advert  in the Sun newspaper of that day.After going through the advert,I called the GSM numbers(Tony-08037156694,Mike-08058102934,Wale-08058105219,Greg-01-7310406) they put in the advert to confirm the authenticity of the Talent Haunt and I was convinced that it was indeed Taribo Wests' pet project.
To cut the Long story short,I resisted for my younger brother,my two cousins and two other boys from my town that I know that want to make a career in football.
I paid the total sum of N15000(Fifteen thousand naira) for the five boys.Also,I know of another friend that registered more than 10 boys and from the inquiries I made,more than 10,000(Ten thousand Nigerian registered for this Taribo's 419 talent haunt.
Initially,they told us that the competition will kick off in September 2010.Since then,nothing have been heard from Taribo and his dubious team.
We have been calling the numbers they displayed in the advert to refund our money only for them to be threatened us each time we asked them to refund our money.
I want Nigerians to see how Taribo West dupes young Nigerians of their hard earned money. 10,000 * 3000 =30,000,000. Taribo has succeeded in scamming young Nigerians, total amount of N30,000,000. Nigerians,is this fair?, Attached is acopy of their advert in the Sun newspaper of Tuesday,July 6th,2010 (Page 5)

Re: See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The by aieromon(m): 6:07pm On Apr 25, 2011
All i see is the picture of Taribo West.Except you spoke directly with him or you lodged the money into his personal account,you've got no case.
Re: See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 26, 2011
@poster,
Can you explain how you made these payments?
Was the payment made through a bank?
please more information is needed.
Re: See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The by tosinaded(m): 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2011
black mail! ur brother didnt make it. . now u re crying blue murder!
get a grip abeg
Re: See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The by dominique(f): 4:11pm On Apr 26, 2011
aieromon:

All i see is the picture of Taribo West.Except you spoke directly with him or you lodged the money into his personal account,you've got no case.

of course they have a case. as long as Taribo himself did not disclaim the info in the publication, we have to associate the scam with him. if only we still had an EFCC. . .
Re: See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The by aieromon(m): 6:03pm On Apr 26, 2011
The paper is not a major one so Taribo may not be aware of this nonsense.He might not even be in the country.
Call it I.D theft with intent to defraud,the guy has no case.
Re: See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The by ifyalways(f): 6:11am On Apr 27, 2011
Aieromon is right.It might be Identity theft.

@OP,how did u pay the money and have u tried calling those GSM lines again?

@Tosin,do u know of anyone that"made it"?
Re: See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The by dominique(f): 11:52am On Apr 27, 2011
aieromon:

The paper is not a major one so Taribo may not be aware of this nonsense.He might not even be in the country.
Call it I.D theft with intent to defraud,the guy has no case.

daily sun is not a major newspaper shocked do you live in Nigeria at all?
even if its an obscure newspaper, he would have gotten news that someone is using his name to set up a football academy and done something about it. though i don't know the full story, i won't vindicate him just yet.
Re: See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The by aieromon(m): 11:03pm On Apr 27, 2011
dominique:

daily sun is not a major newspaper shocked do you live in Nigeria at all?

Please,could you find time to go to this site http://futurestarsfootball.com/Programme.html ?See your major newspaper representing down there?The type of newspapers i read in Nigeria can never get implicated in this scam.
Re: See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The by nwaghana: 11:54pm On Apr 27, 2011
Anybody can fraudulently place another person's name and picture beside an advert. It is not the first time it's happening in Nigeria. You rang numbers to speak with "Taribo West Agents", those were the people that conned you. People can go to any length to impersonate top stars, and that's the more reason why you should think twice whenevr it seems too good to be true. Did Taribo himself become a professional footballer through talent hunt? Did Mikel, Okocha, Osaze, etc become professionals through talent hunts? Short-cuts are always longer. Tell your brother and cousins to play their way up from secondary school
Re: See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The by mamagee3(f): 12:48am On Apr 28, 2011
tosinaded@:

black mail! your brother didnt make it. . now u re crying blue murder!
get a grip abeg
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The by dominique(f): 2:14pm On Apr 28, 2011
aieromon:

Please,could you find time to go to this site http://futurestarsfootball.com/Programme.html ?See your major newspaper representing down there?The type of newspapers i read in Nigeria can never get implicated in this scam.

the link has no co-relation to the advert in the publication. FYI, the Sun is one of the most read,  widely circulated papers in the country. (if you didn't know, now you do!) cheesy there's no way Taribo couldn't have caught wind about an impending scam with his name on it.
Re: See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The by Dsense(m): 6:15pm On Apr 28, 2011
OP.
How you wan make him chop . . , SMH undecided
Re: See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The by solonubinho(m): 10:49am On Sep 08, 2020
They dont have an office address?

(1) (Reply)

Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" / Enugu Rangers Vs Salitas: CAF Confederations Cup (2 - 0) On 3rd February 2019 / Super Eagles Boycott Training Over Unpaid Appearance Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.