Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Do Nigerian Tribes Have Unique Looks? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do Nigerian Tribes Have Unique Looks? (1167 Views)

Nigeria Has Not Less Than 250 Tribes, How Many Of The Tribes Have You Met So Far / Are There Any Nigerian Tribes With Ancenstral Links With Tribes In Ghana? / Nigerian Tribes And Their States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerian Tribes Have Unique Looks? by Afam4eva(m): 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2011
I know most people's answer will be yes. But i want to differ. Even though i can differentiate between an Igbo or Yoruba person by just looking at them. Though it doesn't always work. The reason is not because they were created to look like that. Rather i think it's because of different variables that's not limited to

1) Food - The kind of food one eats. Yes, the kind of food you eat will determine how your body structure will be. You wonder why people of Hausa/Fulani are usually slim and tall. This is because, out of all Nigerian groups they eat the softest food. Infact they take more watery food than solid food. Unlike the Igbos who on the other hand eat hard foods like Akpu, Pounded yam etc. The same thing can be applied to other Nigerian groups.

2. Way of Life - This is also a determinant of how someone from a particular group will look. Whenever i come across a typical Igbo guy, i notice this over confidence and innocent arrogance around him. I think this is because the Igbo way of life leads one to be kinda proud.

You guys can also contribute. What are other determinant of the way a person looks.
Re: Do Nigerian Tribes Have Unique Looks? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 25, 2011
Genes.
Re: Do Nigerian Tribes Have Unique Looks? by ezeagu(m): 1:33am On Apr 26, 2011
Climate.
Re: Do Nigerian Tribes Have Unique Looks? by Obelomo: 7:36am On Apr 26, 2011
Most of the time yes! There are some people who they can go for any tribe or ethnicity like me. Even if someone speaks Yoruba fluently, sometimes I can tell. Some of my people can't tell, if the person speaks Yoruba fluently!
Re: Do Nigerian Tribes Have Unique Looks? by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 26, 2011
well
Re: Do Nigerian Tribes Have Unique Looks? by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 26, 2011
i
Re: Do Nigerian Tribes Have Unique Looks? by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 26, 2011
there is a tendency to mimic a person's facial expressions if you spend a lot of time with them.
so husband and wife can start to resemble each other.
i know one igbo man that has the typical okoro look ;hard face with promnient chewing muscles(kpari in yoruba and sloping forehead with very sharp canines.
he raised his family in kano. when you see his son you will think he is an aboki;very black etc.
but when you see him besides his father you will never need a DNA test.

very strange
Re: Do Nigerian Tribes Have Unique Looks? by abadaba(m): 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2011
iwonbaoko:

there is a tendency to mimic a person's facial expressions if you spend a lot of time with them.
so husband and wife can start to resemble each other.
i know one igbo man that has the typical okoro look ;hard face with promnient chewing muscles(kpari in yoruba and sloping forehead with very sharp canines.
he raised his family in kano. when you see his son you will think he is an aboki;very black etc.
but when you see him besides his father you will never need a DNA test.

very strange
Shameless pig, is that the best you can come up with?. It has always been Igbo this or that, Castrated pig.
Re: Do Nigerian Tribes Have Unique Looks? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2011
nna did you annoy?
ndo smiley
na joke naa grin grin
nna no vex

(1) (Reply)

Please Translate From "Pidgin English" To Standard English / How Do You Call A White Man? / Wraith Is Real! My Story....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.