Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Despite Having The Requirements.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Despite Having The Requirements.. (1616 Views)

Benue Cousins Insist On Marrying Each Other Despite Stiff Oppositions / My Husband Has Failed To Satisfy Me Sexually Despite Taking Concoctions / Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite Having The Requirements.. by Esther880(f): 7:21pm On May 06, 2021
.Good day Nlanders....
It feels so bad despite have the required certification to get employed in Nigeria, but nothing is forthcoming... I graduated with 2.1... currently a Chartered Accountant Member, writing my final diet, but over 7 month now have gotten no job related to my Field of study....
Plz kindly assist me with referral, my parent had spent a lot on this and also I have put in all my effort in achieving this.... I lost my dad the day I passed out from NYSC in jos, so disheartening but God knows best, please am not begging for money but a job, plz give me a trial... Thanks you can reach me via my email

Oluwatunmiseesther@gmail.com

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by budaatum: 7:31pm On May 06, 2021
You would not believe it, but you do not have the requirements, despite your "graduated with 2.1".

Graduated with 2.1 is like saying you can run 100m when some are running it in sub 10 seconds, and to make it worse for yourself, instead of training to run faster you are blaming the Nigerian track for your inabilities.

Then see how you describe yourself as a "charted accountant member"! I mean, if I read that on your cv I would toss it in the pile I toss secondary school graduates because it shows how little you really do know and how little effort you are likely to put into any job I hire you for!

I am being harsh on you, I know, but life itself is harsh that way and you must try much harder please or you might find yourself qualified as a Chartered Accountant still without a job.

May the Lord remake you with your help.

Esther880:
Good day Nlanders....
It feels so bad despite have the required certification to get employed in Nigeria, but nothing is forthcoming... I graduated with 2.1... currently a charted accountant member, writing my final diet, but over 7 month now have gotten no job related to my Field of study....
Plz kindly assist me with referral, my parent had spent a lot on this and also I have put in all my effort in achieving this.... I lost my dad the day I passed out from NYSC in jos, so disheartening but God knows best, please am not begging for money but a job, plz give me a trial... Thanks you can reach me via my email

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by Esther880(f): 7:36pm On May 06, 2021
budaatum:
You would not believe it, but you do not have the requirements, despite your "graduated with 2.1".

Graduated with 2.1 is like saying you can run 100m when some are running it in sub 10 seconds, and to make it worse for yourself, instead of training to run faster you are blaming the Nigerian track for your inabilities.

Then see how you describe yourself as a "charted accountant member"! I mean, if I read that on your cv I would toss it in the pile I toss secondary school graduates because it shows how little you really do know and how little effort you are likely to put into any job I hire you for!

I am being harsh on you, I know, but life itself is harsh that way and you must try much harder please or you might find yourself qualified as a Chartered Accountant still without a job.

May the Lord remake you with your help.

Sorry that was a typographical error

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by budaatum: 8:24pm On May 06, 2021
Esther880:

And while a minor error, an important one where it matters.

Seriously, try harder. A great future is ahead of those the Lord is remaking. And good luck getting Chartered.

4 Likes

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by Esther880(f): 9:48pm On May 06, 2021
budaatum:

Seriously, try harder. A great future is ahead of those the Lord is remaking. And good luck getting Chartered.

thank you sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by Vision101(m): 2:32am On May 07, 2021
@Esther880
.Good day Nlanders....
It feels so bad despite have the required certification to get employed in Nigeria, but nothing is forthcoming... I graduated with 2.1... currently a chartered accountant member, writing my final diet, but over 7 month now have gotten no job related to my Field of study....

@me
Look for Ican membership yearbook either soft or hardcopy. You will see a list of practicing firms. Start applying and/or visiting their offices. With the effort you have put in you will get an offer.

The pay outside the big firms might not be high but it will give you good experience and connection to commerce and industry.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by Esther880(f): 7:40am On May 07, 2021
Vision101:
@Esther880
.Good day Nlanders....
It feels so bad despite have the required certification to get employed in Nigeria, but nothing is forthcoming... I graduated with 2.1... currently a chartered accountant member, writing my final diet, but over 7 month now have gotten no job related to my Field of study....

@me
Look for Ican membership yearbook either soft or hardcopy. You will see a list of practicing firms. Start applying and/or visiting their offices. With the effort you have put in you will get an offer.

The pay outside the big firms might not be high but it will give you good experience and connection to commerce and industry.

Good luck.

Thank you sir
Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by Esther880(f): 9:08am On May 08, 2021
Thanks
Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by Esther880(f): 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2021
Hello
Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by Karleb(m): 5:47pm On Oct 22, 2021
Welcome to Nigeria.

I guess you thought your 2.1 would save you.

Didn't you hear of a first class graduate that went back to farm? undecided

Point is, hustle like everybody else.

1 Like

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:41pm On Oct 22, 2021
Accounting is a dead career at least you are a woman.
Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by oldienavie: 12:53am On Oct 23, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Explain...
Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by socialmediaman: 1:10am On Oct 23, 2021
Do you have a professionally updated CV? If your CV is just regular, please do some research online and YouTube and update your CV the way it captures your experience, education and skills. For instance if your CV lists “chartered accountant” without stating clearly your skill set such as “proficiency in creating and tracking invoices, inventory and taxes with quickbooks etc”, it’s difficult for an employer to understand your skill set especially if the job listing stated that. Bear in mind you’re competing with other CVs and some hiring managers don’t go beyond the summary which should highlight the skills relevant for the job listing

Do you have a Linkedin Profile? Before you apply for a job, do some research about the company, look up the company staff on LinkedIn, and contact them when you apply. Out of 10 people you contact, you might be lucky to get a favorable response.

Also, do a lot of research before you attend an interview. Make sure you have the required skills, If you don't, spend your time acquiring skills online. Many employers expect a lot more from even fresh graduates these days because there are so many resources available online.

Finally, you didn't spend 4 years in the University and become a chartered accountant to be looking for jobs endlessly. A simple Google of "how can I make money as a professional accountant" shows this site with a list of side hustles https://hustlelife.net/best-side-hustles-accountants/

Do more research.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by Nobody: 5:14am On Oct 23, 2021
budaatum:

.so,, after all the grammar, you have nothing for her but a mere wish?

Dey calm down small, abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by budaatum: 6:09am On Oct 23, 2021
Mercychen:

Glad to see calm you giving her much more than I did. I thank you on her behalf.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by Nobody: 6:14am On Oct 23, 2021
budaatum:

Glad to see calm you giving her much more than I did. I thank you on her behalf.

Why are you always acting strange, oga buda?
No offence.
Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by Gerrard59(m): 8:12am On Oct 23, 2021
oldienavie:

Explain...

She has the option of getting a married (based on female hypergamy, the man outearns the woman regardless of social class). A man does not have that option. He just has to slug it out.

3 Likes

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by budaatum: 1:25pm On Oct 23, 2021
Mercychen:

No offence.

No offence. How am I always acting strange, ogaess Mercy?

1 Like

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 23, 2021
budaatum:

No offence. How am I always acting strange, ogaess Mercy?

Never mind. cool.
Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by budaatum: 1:51pm On Oct 23, 2021
Mercychen:

Never mind. cool.

buda never minds. cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by seguno2: 2:23pm On Oct 23, 2021
Esther880:

A typographical error that you have not corrected five months later?
If you are so sloppy with little stuff, why should someone trust you to handle their finances

2 Likes

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by seguno2: 2:26pm On Oct 23, 2021
budaatum:

cool grin

I wish I could like this comment a thousand times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by seguno2: 2:28pm On Oct 23, 2021
Mercychen:
No offence.

In a country/an environment that rots in all round sloppiness, it is understandable that being rational is considered as acting strange.
You should stop offending yourself. Thank me later.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by budaatum: 2:30pm On Oct 23, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Having graduated in accountancy from Yaba Tech like 10 years ago, she got her ICAN same year and is now doing ACCA. Her current pay is ₦2m, a month.

Op, do not let those who don't know what they are talking about fill you with their misogynistic nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by Dbrawllm0098(f): 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2021
God will see you through

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by Esther880(f): 5:02pm On Oct 24, 2021
seguno2:

A typographical error that you have not corrected five months later?
If you are so sloppy with little stuff, why should someone trust you to handle their finances

I av done that already, since open ur eyes end check d real content

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by seguno2: 7:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
Esther880:
I av done that already, since open ur eyes end check d real content

Are you for real

Esther880:
.Good day Nlanders....
It feels so bad despite have the required certification to get employed in Nigeria, but nothing is forthcoming... I graduated with 2.1... currently a Chartered Accountant Member, writing my final diet, but over 7 month now have gotten no job related to my Field of study....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by samwash(m): 8:30pm On Oct 24, 2021
But Banks are employing na, or you don't want to work in a bank.

1 Like

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by budaatum: 12:20am On Oct 25, 2021
seguno2:

cool grin

I wish I could like this comment a thousand times.

A thousand like was gladly received.
Thanks immensely.

1 Like

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:25am On Oct 25, 2021
Mercychen:

Tell am O.

Of what use is correction to a person wey hungry when you no give am food?
Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by seguno2: 6:58am On Oct 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
Tell am O.

Of what use is correction to a person wey hungry when you no give am food?

Such a sloppy psyche.
And we wonder why we are described as shithole continent people by serious racists? I guess that our leaders are exact clones of who 200 million of us are. Exact clones of us, to perpetuate our collective rottenness. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Having The Requirements.. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:11am On Oct 25, 2021
seguno2:

Such a sloppy psyche.
And we wonder why we are described as shithole continent people by serious racists? I guess that our leaders are exact clones of who 200 million of us are. Exact clones of us, to perpetuate our collective rottenness. undecided

Rotten apples spoil the basket of apples.

Rationally, by your comment "If you are so sloppy with little stuff, why should someone trust you to handle their finances" it is proven by fact that people who had what you would have called a perfect CV, still stole (which is greater than sloppy) from their employers and destroyed the business.

So there is no difference between the 2 of them.

And before the bastards whom you follow came, our shithole continent once employed all its citizens, even the infirm too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Ready For Marriage / Hi / Ifeyinwa: The Bastard Hybrid Child Of My Late Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.