Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles (65295 Views)

Businessman Loses $11m Cash In Broad Daylight Robbery In Ogun (pic) / Taxify Drivers Abandon Their Clients To Fight Over Who Bashed / Nigerian Pizza Delivery Man Killed In Daylight Robbery In The U.S (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by showietee: 9:02pm On May 08, 2021
yanabasee1:
I was at Berger traffic yesterday and was making a turn to drive towards zone7 and a man walked to me and said that he was looking for job and now have nothing to pay his way home and was also hungry...

I asked if I should drive him home and he agreed, said he was staying at Apo resettlement..... Asked that he should enter the car and he did ..

He began to tell me his story, how he got sacked and he's got a wife and a kid, six months old... He said he wasn't a lazy person...That these days he can't even take care of himself...He also said, that his wife is footing the bills but he's always very ashamed to be depending on his wife...

Had to do my best for him...Knowing that this is how criminals are birthed.. He'd stood there till late at night and probably have to attack someone to get money and might be lucky to make much money in his first attack...
He'd try again and again and then become brutal and dreaded.....And eventually into kidnapping and be disturbing people's peace...

Thank you for being a good soul... but daily experiences most times scares one from doing such sometimes....

People now lie to beg for alms... things we see daily in Wuse, Nyanya, area 1 and so on.... I know some faces in the city of Abuja with similar formats and have been doing this for a while, I know some face around Wuse axis that has been on this for years...

Some with acclaimed family members...

Two women going to bla bla bla

Teenager with the same format....

The fear highten with the increase in security threats.. have mercy oh Lord!
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by nedekid: 9:04pm On May 08, 2021
falcon01:
What will they find in the cars sef?
Phones, cash, atm cards in wallets or hand bags, jewelry, laptops, wristwatches etc.
The phones are more important because from there the get the Sim card. That is the prime target since most folks don't do a sim lock password. Sim=acess to bank account via USSD.
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by Mummyfour(f): 9:12pm On May 08, 2021
yanabasee1:

I try to be more careful.... But, I also try to give assistance to anyone in need.....

My good will not be in futile.......
God bless you brother. I consider the fact that one can end up being victims of the same people we refused to help when they embrace crime.
That is my thought when I go out of way to assist Even with the little I am managing.
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by neyohh: 9:18pm On May 08, 2021
This country will implode one day, all the signs are there.

1 Like

Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by NaMe4: 9:25pm On May 08, 2021
yanabasee1:
I was at Berger traffic yesterday and was making a turn to drive towards zone7 and a man walked to me and said that he was looking for job and now have nothing to pay his way home and was also hungry...

I asked if I should drive him home and he agreed, said he was staying at Apo resettlement..... Asked that he should enter the car and he did ..

He began to tell me his story, how he got sacked and he's got a wife and a kid, six months old... He said he wasn't a lazy person...That these days he can't even take care of himself...He also said, that his wife is footing the bills but he's always very ashamed to be depending on his wife...

Had to do my best for him...Knowing that this is how criminals are birthed.. He'd stood there till late at night and probably have to attack someone to get money and might be lucky to make much money in his first attack...
He'd try again and again and then become brutal and dreaded.....And eventually into kidnapping and be disturbing people's peace...

Nice one, but you need to be careful. Berger is a notorious area for one chance and other criminals, especially in the evenings.

A few years ago, one tried forcing the doors of my younger sister's car open at Berger traffic, he probably thought the doors would be open.

Especially with the migration of strange people/herders around Abuja, guys should keep your doors locked.
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by Emeka71(m): 9:42pm On May 08, 2021
Nukilia:
You need to own a gun in this Lagos, else this criminals might take over our streets someday
With license.

1 Like

Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by tit(f): 9:45pm On May 08, 2021
Lagos has turn to Somalia
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by ceejay80s(m): 10:12pm On May 08, 2021
It time for operation shoot at site, this rubbish is getting out of hand, no more imprisoning armed robbers, its time they die when caught
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by victorVIC1(m): 10:34pm On May 08, 2021
yanabasee1:

In the future it's advisable you give the person cash as a colleague's car was almost hijacked in the process of rendering similar support
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by Sleekfingers: 10:46pm On May 08, 2021
Gift523:
Daylight robbery caught on tape in Mile 12 as Drivers and passengers abandon their vehicles while robbers plunder and pillage them

Watch video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0dbJEh4lm4

my olodo governor sanwo olu need to do something about these boys o.....these shits is getting outta hand........

Especially around ozumba early in the morning, osbourne, lagos badagry expressway, ikorodu road(around anthony bus stop, town planning way) , agege motoe road........
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by Sleekfingers: 10:51pm On May 08, 2021
neyohh:
This country will implode one day, all the signs are there.

u are absolutely right.......this country will implode...

Down here in lagos...hoodlums , cultists, traffic armed robbers is way on the increase...
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by Litmus: 11:57pm On May 08, 2021
codemaniacs:

it is foolish thinking like yours and weslay that's causing the FG to not prosecute h:erdsmen because some people in government believe the government have failed the h:erdsmen..

failure of government is not the major thing that breeds criminal activities...

the government is also meant to put things in place to arrest and prosecute criminals..

some people can pretend to be needy..

True.

I find that Nigerians seem to believe that Nigeria is tough and hash but I find Nigerians to be quite entitled and Nigeria authorities altogether too soft.

You can’t have third world government, with third world institutions then demand first world human-rights and privileges or you destroy everything because you believe it is your right since Liberal democratic principles, articulated by privileged intellectuals in foreign lands, argued that citizens have a right to disrupt the state that does not provide security, equality, liberty and property under the liberal democratic dispensation.
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by LightUpWithKemi: 11:58pm On May 08, 2021
Unto your hand Oh Lord, we commit our lives, families, friends, businesses endeavours. For each passing day we go out and return home, it's such a great and rare privilege.
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by YorubaLord: 12:58am On May 09, 2021
yanabasee1:

I try to be more careful.... But, I also try to give assistance to anyone in need.....

Amen! You're a model citizen. cool
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by katchycouture(f): 1:03am On May 09, 2021
I swear I witnessed one at owode onirin this night, mehn it was scary, we all watched those small boys rub vehicles, collected phones and valuables.
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by maxzzo1(m): 1:13am On May 09, 2021
Lagos n crime na wao
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by Acidosis(m): 4:37am On May 09, 2021
yanabasee1:

May God bless you. These days, it is better to help those will normally refer to as "corporate beggars". Sometimes, the well dressed man or woman we see asking for t-fare are genuine. Some of them are stranded with no hope of getting to their destination. Some of them left their homes because someone promised them money or job. It takes a lot for a responsible-looking family man to beg for money on the road.

In fact, if we have to ignore those career almajiri beggars who buy slots and space at bus-stops, we honestly should at this point. Those ones have taken begging as an everlasting career and don't deserve our empathy. Those ones just sit all day and use innocent and poor kids to make money.
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by BennyDGreat: 4:51am On May 09, 2021
yanabasee1:

You took a big risk but thankfully, he turned out to be a real scenario.

How were you able to decipher he was real?
Did you take a chance or you saw something that made you feel deeply convinced to help out a total stranger?
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by Charlie2020(f): 5:12am On May 09, 2021
Caught on camera Where in the video is the robbery in progress
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by eaglez(m): 6:27am On May 09, 2021
Oga be careful, nobody is saying you shouldn't help anyone but your security should be a priority, admitting a total stranger into your car is not really advisable, the best u can do within that short period you guys have together is go give him your card or even your number where when u missed a call you can easily call back and then ask him to meet u in an open place. Forget good will and Put your family first in any situation, if anything had happened to you what will be the fate of your wife and children
yanabasee1:

Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by bepositive11: 7:26am On May 09, 2021
yanabasee1:

Don't give assistance to anyone in need. Be picky about who you give your assistance too. It's a wicked world out there. Some will turn your good will against you.
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by yanabasee1(m): 8:04am On May 09, 2021
BennyDGreat:

You took a big risk but thankfully, he turned out to be a real scenario.

How were you able to decipher he was real?
Did you take a chance or you saw something that made you feel deeply convinced to help out a total stranger?

Berger is an opened place, no criminal act can take place there....

I don't know, I just decided to take the risk to see how things unfold...
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by yanabasee1(m): 8:06am On May 09, 2021
Acidosis:

May God bless you. These days, it is better to help those will normally refer to as "corporate beggars". Sometimes, the well dressed man or woman we see asking for t-fare are genuine. Some of them are stranded with no hope of getting to their destination. Some of them left their homes because someone promised them money or job. It takes a lot for a responsible-looking family man to beg for money on the road.

In fact, if we have to ignore those career almajiri beggars who buy slots and space at bus-stops, we honestly should at this point. Those ones have taken begging as an everlasting career and don't deserve our empathy. Those ones just sit all day and use innocent and poor kids to make money.

It's now a normal business for them.....

1 Like

Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by IBEXY(m): 10:17am On May 09, 2021
yanabasee1:

This is the story of millions of people. Majority of those dont turn to robbery and kidnapping.
Re: Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:57am On May 09, 2021
pray for the good of your state and your nation, STOP TALKING WOES ABOUT YOUR STATE AND COUNTRY IN YOUR OWN INTEREST.
ENLIGHTENMENT IS THE END OF SUFFERINGS smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bernadette, Gildas Tohouo's Wife Murder Update: Why We Killed Her - Suspect / Man Sentenced To Death For Smuggling 'SQUID GAME' Film Into North Korea (Pix) / Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.