Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. (1047 Views)

Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son / Sack Letter A Month To Wedding/engagement(pix Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by ChinnysBlog: 1:41pm On May 08, 2021
A certain Ifeanyi Onukwubiri has written a letter to his father Chief Rex Onukwubiri titled RENUNCIATION OF FIRST SON POSITION by which he willingly gave up His position as first son in the family. He has abdicated his position in favour of his younger brother, claiming that the position had become a total liability to him

See letter below .

1 Like

Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by DICKstractor: 2:13pm On May 08, 2021
undecided

To be a man is not easy
But do you know what is harder?
Being the first son in an average/poor Nigerian family

The responsibilities is just too much
You become the second father to children you did not bore

God bless all the first sons in the world

6 Likes

Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by Abujafish(m): 2:19pm On May 08, 2021
That is a heart of a man
Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by mariahAngel(f): 2:35pm On May 08, 2021
He's nothing but a weakling. A disappointment of a son.
Disown yourself while you're at it!
Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by investorMK(m): 2:49pm On May 08, 2021
D
Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by mii4u(f): 3:25pm On May 08, 2021
Is this stupidity or wat? Meanwhile the story of Esau and Jacob comes to mind, while one was done trickily, the other was done willingly. My brother weda na joke u dey joke, be very careful cos na such jokes devil dey like to use play with ur destiny. U might not understand it now but much later in life. What do u think is the reason for "Esau I hate, Jacob I love?"
Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by sisisioge: 3:46pm On May 08, 2021
But why do some tribes ascribe unusual expectations to the first son? He is to sponsor his siblings like he was the one that gave birth to them, take the lead in taking care of the parents and the lead in inheritance. Why? Biko dont saddle your kids with unnecessary responsibilities just because he came first! I find it so unreasonable, especially when those siblings too feel entitled to be catered by their elder brother. Please!

See, family love thrives when no one is burdening the other! Whew!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by sisisioge: 3:47pm On May 08, 2021
mii4u:
Is this stupidity or wat? Meanwhile the story of Esau and Jacob comes to mind, while one was done trickily, the other was done willingly. My brother weda na joke u dey joke, be very careful cos na such jokes devil dey like to use play with ur destiny. U might not understand it now but much later in life. What do u think is the reason for "Esau I hate, Jacob I love?"

Hmmm....what are the advantages or blessings that come with being the first son?

2 Likes

Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by sisisioge: 3:49pm On May 08, 2021
mariahAngel:
He's nothing but a weakling. A disappointment of a son.
Disown yourself while you're at it!

Really? What is he losing by relinquishing the title? Please don't say grace or age grin

3 Likes

Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by mariahAngel(f): 4:00pm On May 08, 2021
sisisioge:

Really? What is he losing by relinquishing the title? Please don't say grace or age grin

His place.
Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by Idaytesj29(m): 4:16pm On May 08, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

To be a man is not easy
But do you know what is harder?
Being the first son in an average/poor Nigerian family

The responsibilities is just too much
You become the second father to children you did not bore

God bless all the first sons in the world

Amen
Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by sisisioge: 4:26pm On May 08, 2021
mariahAngel:

His place.

grin grin grin grin

How funny...he said he doesn't want. It doesn't matter what place he is so long as he is in a place. For real it's quite funny that they really do not have real explanation for burdening first born...biko let them take the place o grin

5 Likes

Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by mariahAngel(f): 4:33pm On May 08, 2021
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin

How funny...he said he doesn't want. It doesn't matter what place he is so long as he is in a place. For real it's quite funny that they really do not have real explanation for burdening first born...biko let them take the place o grin

When I say his place, it's deeper than you understood it.
A person that can give up their place can never be relied on. Not as a son, a brother, a husband, a father or a friend.
I can never respect such a person.
Like I typed earlier, he's a weakling, like most modern day men.
There are only few strong men these days.

1 Like

Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:45pm On May 08, 2021
...He is just a liver less fool.
Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by sisisioge: 5:07pm On May 08, 2021
mariahAngel:

A person that can give up their place can never be relied on. Not as a son, a brother, a husband, a father or a friend.

Maami, you still didnt explain this his "place" however deep. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter. What matters is giving every child of a family an equal opportunity at a good life and not burdening one for others because he came first. That's fairness. They should keep their title biko...first son kor, first bank ni.

3 Likes

Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by crackhaus: 6:26pm On May 08, 2021
mariahAngel:

God will help you find one IJN...

2 Likes

Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by majemuoluwa45075: 6:33pm On May 08, 2021
:Really? What is he losing by relinquishing the title? Please don't say grace or age His place.

1 Like

Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by mariahAngel(f): 6:35pm On May 08, 2021
crackhaus:

God will help you find one IJN...

Amen. grin
Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by mariahAngel(f): 6:36pm On May 08, 2021
sisisioge:

Maami, you still didnt explain this his "place" however deep. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter. What matters is giving every child of a family an equal opportunity at a good life and not burdening one for others because he came first. That's fairness. They should keep their title biko...first son kor, first bank ni.

Nne'm, I don't know how else to explain it to you na... cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by mysteryman2014: 8:10pm On May 08, 2021
mii4u:

Esau actually allowed his weakness to overcome him.

Hunger and love of food made him renounce the right of first born and he paid dearly for it.
Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by mii4u(f): 8:30pm On May 08, 2021
sisisioge:

Hmmm....what are the advantages or blessings that come with being the first son?
If for nothing, atleast the respect and the privilege of bin the next father. Nothing can be done without ur say so, the opportunity of deliberating with elders.
Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by sisisioge: 8:50pm On May 08, 2021
mii4u:

If for nothing, atleast the respect and the privilege of bin the next father. Nothing can be done without ur say so, the opportunity of deliberating with elders.

Who that one help? Let them do whatever they want to do biko and keep their respect. The first son is not the next father in a nuclear family, he is just like any other sibling fa. Lets not burden him because he is assumed the next father...parents should simply have the number of children they can conveniently cater for without expecting their first child to cater them fa. Geskia.

1 Like

Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by Karleb(m): 8:58pm On May 08, 2021
mariahAngel:

Alaye, Bleep you and your respect.

The guy no dey do again. Period!

How does relinquishing your first born position make you weak? No make me vex for you o.

1 Like

Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by Karleb(m): 9:00pm On May 08, 2021
sisisioge:
But why do some tribes ascribe unusual expectations to the first son? He is to sponsor his siblings like he was the one that gave birth to them, take the lead in taking care of the parents and the lead in inheritance. Why? Biko dont saddle your kids with unnecessary responsibilities just because he came first! I find it so unreasonable, especially when those siblings too feel entitled to be catered by their elder brother. Please!

See, family love thrives when no one is burdening the other! Whew!

That's exactly why many of them always say there are no moral abroad. This is a shittt you can try in a white man's land.

Why would I take care of your child when I didn't have sexxx with your wife. So many of our so called elders are just irresponsible.

2 Likes

Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by Karleb(m): 9:06pm On May 08, 2021
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin

Babe, I feel like hugging you this night. Oloun!

This is why I'm an advocate for abortion and use of contraceptives in marriages. People should learn how to give birth to only the kids they can care for.

1 Like

Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by Karleb(m): 9:08pm On May 08, 2021
mii4u:

What is the meaning of this!?

A brother can never be a father to his siblings. Ever! This is just a way our lazy and broke elders brainwash so many of you.

2 Likes

Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by OvisFranko: 9:09pm On May 08, 2021
I see a family where there is no love.
A loving atmosphere is a good lubricant for leadership.And it seems this man's family is devoid of love.
So with this abdication, will he now accord seniority to his younger brother, as in, 'digwe' for his younger brother?
Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by Rekhi(f): 10:30pm On May 08, 2021
grin grin God airpus o
Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by mariahAngel(f): 10:32pm On May 08, 2021
Karleb:

Alaye, Bleep you and your respect.

The guy no dey do again. Period!

How does relinquishing your first born position make you weak? No make me vex for you o.

I reiterate; there are only a few (make that very few) strong men these days.
Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by Karleb(m): 10:43pm On May 08, 2021
mariahAngel:

I reiterate; there are only a few (make that very few) strong men these days.

If abdicating the position of the first born undecided aka the position where you take care of other people's children against your wish makes that guy weak, I pray he never be strong.

1 Like

Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by Raalsalghul: 12:12am On May 09, 2021
Karleb:

If abdicating the position of the first born undecided aka the position where you take care of other people's children against your wish makes that guy weak, I pray he never be strong.

People have to learn to be responsible.
Re: See Letter A Son Wrote To Dad Abdicating Position As First Son Of The Family. by investorMK(m): 8:49am On May 10, 2021
mysteryman2014:

Esau actually allowed his weakness to overcome him.

Hunger and love of food made him renounce the right of first born and he paid dearly for it.
investorMK:
D
you people seems to be blaming Esau and keep forgeting what Jacob did...
I mean why will u ask your brother to sell his birth right to u before giving him food..... Nobody is seeing this part at all

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am About To Lose My Admission. A Lady Cry Out / . / Autism - My 9 Year Old Son Speaks About His Struggles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.