Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,388 members, 7,830,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? (9634 Views)

2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) / Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God / Daddy Freeze: Pastor Calls God On Phone In The Church As Sheeple Rejoice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by seunny4lif(m): 12:44pm On May 09, 2021
I have a friend who uses the picture of Oyedebo on everything
His car, house and even have his picture on this neck but this guy na Ashewo
I mean even the devil will be shocked at this guy prostitution level
I no dey use anybody on my DP apart from myself and family
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by TheAdvocate(m): 1:00pm On May 09, 2021
Harpyeagle:
This question is really really dumb if you ask me.. It's more like you were idle and decided to come up with this to make yourself busy.
As everyone should know.. Christianity simply means living like christ.. What has just posting pictures of a pastor got to do with "living like jesus christ"

My exact response.
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Gideonite2020(m): 1:28pm On May 09, 2021
You have said it all.
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Odewaleadesoye(m): 1:35pm On May 09, 2021
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by EmperorTolson: 1:39pm On May 09, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

Yes. It makes you a Christian.
Are you happy now?
Guess that's what you want to hear
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Odewaleadesoye(m): 1:40pm On May 09, 2021
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Awoo88: 1:43pm On May 09, 2021
Which kain mumu question bi dis?. Being a Christian is a way of life that clearly identify a person. The apostles were called Christians not because of the picture of Juses hanging around the neck but the people observed them to be followers of Christ. The picture of ur pastor will not save you from the fire of he'll if you are not following the teaching of Christian.
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Emeka71(m): 1:47pm On May 09, 2021
That makes me a church worshipper and not a christian.
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Lamasta(m): 1:47pm On May 09, 2021
Righteousness2:
Having the Picture of a Pastor on your DP does not make you a Christian or Born again.

Being Born by a Pastor, Bishop or Born Again Father/ Mother does not make you a Christian...

Being born inside the Church does not make u a Christian..

Being a Gospel musician or singing in the Choir does not make you a Christian

Being called a Pastor, Prayer warrior and all that does not make you a Christian.

Bearing names like Mary, Peter, Jacob, Daniel or even JESUS does not make us Christians

The Apostle were first called Christians in Antioch because the people saw the Life of JESUS Christ in them. They were Christ like.
Acts 11.

A Christian is not a Sinner and a Sinner not a Christian ( 1John 3:8-9)
Until we have a Personal Genuie Encounter with JESUS Christ and begin to live according to HIS Word ( The Bible). This is what makes us Heaven Bound. This is what makes us Christians.

All the go to Lords chosen you are shouting up and down does it make you a christian Instead of you to point people to Jesus you will be directing them to Lords chosen for deliverance etc......

You better start preaching Jesus Christ and stop this your hypocrisy....From a beloveth brother, I rise
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Righteousness2(m): 1:50pm On May 09, 2021
[s]
Lamasta:

All the go to Lords chosen you are shouting up and down does it make you a christian Instead of you to point people to Jesus you will be directing them to Lords chosen for deliverance etc......

You better start preaching Jesus Christ and stop this your hypocrisy....From a beloveth brother, I rise
[/s]
Brother! You Lack knowledge!
If you not careful , you lack of knowledge will Destroy you.
I am A CHOSEN !
A BOLD CHOSEN !
I AM VERY PROUD TO BE A CHOSEN!

If it's Hurts you! So be it!
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 09, 2021
madridsta007:

Posting pictures of Messi and Ronaldo doesnt make you a footballer

Spot on

@Odewaleadesoye:

Thanks for sharing your "question"

The short answer would be "NO"

However, what's wrong with sharing pics of people you admire on your personal profile?

Yes, the men of GOD are just that: MEN

They are NOT perfect. They are NOT the Lord Jesus Christ.

(Expecting perfection from flawed mortals like you is being delusional at best)

Who knows who may view these men's pics and have a thought towards the GOD they represent (or even claim to represent).

Yes, posting men's pics won't make you a Christian, but could start conversations that could make others - and even you - turn to Christ

Thanks again for sharing

1 Like

Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by femi4: 2:04pm On May 09, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

No, though it's not a crime

Your way of life matter most
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by SkengRay: 2:10pm On May 09, 2021
chatinent:
First, before calling them β€˜men of God,’ are all they preach of God?

Is Trinity, Immortality of the soul, hell fire, and karma.. among others, of God?

Their generic marketing tools: tithe, offerings, seed-sowing, miracles and magic, prosperity... are they of God?

These are gods of men!

You are welcome.
Word 100%
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Odewaleadesoye(m): 3:06pm On May 09, 2021
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by detectivejones: 3:11pm On May 09, 2021
From my findings...

I'd suggest the mods on this forum add "stupid questions section" to its list. it'd go a long way helping some people
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by edoairways: 3:48pm On May 09, 2021
chatinent:
First, before calling them β€˜men of God,’ are all they preach of God?

Is Trinity, Immortality of the soul, hell fire, and karma.. among others, of God?

Their generic marketing tools: tithe, offerings, seed-sowing, miracles and magic, prosperity... are they of God?

These are gods of men!

You are welcome.
Are all Nigerians corrupt?
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by PAQ(m): 3:58pm On May 09, 2021
PAQ:
just as standing in a garage will not turn you into a car!
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Successfulben: 4:35pm On May 09, 2021
Righteousness2:
Having the Picture of a Pastor on your DP does not make you a Christian or Born again.

Being Born by a Pastor, Bishop or Born Again Father/ Mother does not make you a Christian...

Being born inside the Church does not make u a Christian..

Being a Gospel musician or singing in the Choir does not make you a Christian

Being called a Pastor, Prayer warrior and all that does not make you a Christian.

Bearing names like Mary, Peter, Jacob, Daniel or even JESUS does not make us Christians

The Apostle were first called Christians in Antioch because the people saw the Life of JESUS Christ in them. They were Christ like.
Acts 11.

A Christian is not a Sinner and a Sinner not a Christian ( 1John 3:8-9)
Until we have a Personal Genuie Encounter with JESUS Christ and begin to live according to HIS Word ( The Bible). This is what makes us Heaven Bound. This is what makes us Christians.
hmmmmm. Very true

1 Like

Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Agbogashi: 5:01pm On May 09, 2021
It's just laughable...
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:16pm On May 09, 2021
Nope
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:10pm On May 09, 2021
Awon 'I'm grateful for waking up today' geng, 'scriptures tagging' fellow will look the other way now
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by oluwafeolami(m): 7:28pm On May 09, 2021
This question should not even be asked at first. Don’t you know that indirectly you are idolizing them and at the end of it all, those men of God u are posting are mere mortals and will all return to their maker one day. What will now be your lot? They are human beings like us and the funny thing is that you might even be better than them before GOD.

Remember β€œthose that know their GOD shall be strong and they shall do exploits β€œ. Not those that know their men of GOD.
Shalom
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 09, 2021
Op, I Can See Nothing But Negativity In Ur Mindset. So, No Comemess.
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:09am On May 10, 2021
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:10am On May 10, 2021

1 Like

Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 10, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

Habah.... Why would you say that... O wrong nah
What Is Wrong In Putting D Pics Of M.O.G On Social Media? D Problem(s) With Us, Especially We Blacks, Is Over Spirituality. We Are Too Spiritual, Whereas Our Hearts Are Really Black.
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Odewaleadesoye(m): 2:49pm On May 10, 2021
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 10, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

I only asked a question and you could even check my reply too nah
Alright.
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Kobojunkiee: 4:40pm On May 10, 2021
Romanoff:
It's okay to respect them but what makes someone a Christian is when they are led by the Holy Spirit and bear fruits that make them recognizable as Christians
And you respect these men of god because you are certain they are led by the Spirit of God? Care to explain to us how you know that they are? undecided
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Kobojunkiee: 4:42pm On May 10, 2021
Champneys:
We are all men of God.
Nobody is superior, not even your pastor or daddy GO or GO daddy!
But in the Kingdom of God, there are no men or women , instead there are only children of God and Jesus Christ is the only Shepherd over them all. undecided
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Romanoff(f): 5:43pm On May 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
And you respect these men of god because you are certain they are led by the Spirit of God? Care to explain to us how you know that they are? undecided

No, what I defined there is any true child of God, whether they have pastoral calling or not.
Re: Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? by Kobojunkiee: 7:08pm On May 10, 2021
Romanoff:

No, what I defined there is any true child of God, whether they have pastoral calling or not.
But no True child of God has a "pastoral" calling - see Ezekiel 34 vs 1-16 , and John 10 vs 1-16 for detail. undecided

Can any true child of God serve or worship God from "under" a one that God has said He is against? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Baptist Convention / Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank / @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.