Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank (9630 Views)

Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? / Erastus Akingbola & The Redeem Church: A Paradoxical Connection? / Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Cmarketer(m): 9:13pm On Oct 09, 2010
This is a call for all Christians who have been touched by this man's ministry to start praying for him. The truth is that he is a good Christian who spend most of his good fortune in God's assignment. He is not as greedy as others who were selfish. Think of the inspirational TV, daily guide, etc. Lets be praying for God's mercy for him.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2010
His name is Erastus Akingbola, so u wouldnt pray for the wrong person
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Cmarketer(m): 12:44pm On Oct 10, 2010
Thanks for the correction
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2010
U are welcome. But rem no sinner will go unpunished, yet God is forgiveable
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by KunleOshob(m): 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2010
I think this thread should be directed at the church/pastor who benefited immensely from the man's tithes, offerings and seed sowing. One would have assumed that as a redeemed pastor who believed in tithing and seed sowing  "the devourer" would have been kept away from him. Personally i think the man should be made to pay for his crimes. There is no way he could have been a good christian and commited all the crimes he did. That aside as a pastor by virtue of his dids he brought christianity to disrepute.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by PastorAIO: 2:43pm On Oct 10, 2010
. . . plus think of the bad example it would set if he were to get away with it.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Remii(m): 3:06pm On Oct 10, 2010
How do we pray for a man who manipulated ICB shares to N45, when the price came crashing he went on all media telling people not to sell that they are doing something. That reminds me of Robin Hood, except that this one robed poor to pay rich. Anyway according to the attached 2008 AGM report Christians should pray him.

http://www.intercontinentalbankplc.com/portal/uploads/resources/ar2008.pdf

Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Cmarketer(m): 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2010
No one is above mistake. When Jesus saw Peter falling in the spiritual world, He prayed for his restoration in advance. There is a system that was loose and easily encourages looting in the banking sector. If some of us are in his shoes, we would make worst mistakes. This is a man who championed inspirational and Christian books, radio station that is blessing millions of Nigerians even now, etc.

I have not found in the Bible where Jesus asked a thief who was coming to the temple to pay his tithe/offerings, to go back/rejected his offering. He only commended the widow who dropped the widows mite; while sitting in the temple and watch people pay their vows. This does not mean that thieves did not go to the altar to pay their vows. We should not be holier than Jesus Himself. As such do not judge the men of God who collected the tithes/offerings as well.

And on the shares issue, he may have done that ignorantly. Do not be surprised that he himself might be a victim of this 'share' crisis as well. No body anticipated that the shares will crash like this.

This man who despite his influence and affluence still made out time for God, and served Him financially; indeed deserves our prayers.

1 Like

Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by tjskii(f): 4:02pm On Oct 10, 2010
when he was busy siphoning funds,he didn't need my prayers,so wat am i sposed to do after the fact now, msschheeeew abeg,the bible says, God cannot be mocked,watever u sow u will reap,u can't say becos he paid his tithes and did some "good deeds" it's okay for him to steal and get away with it,its the same bible that says our righteousness is like filthy rags in the sight of God,if u say we shud pray for him on the basis that he's a xtian brother that has backslidden along the way,well that's a different story(the lord will give us the grace to do that)but based on the his so called "good deeds" thats bullcrap tongue tongue
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Remii(m): 4:06pm On Oct 10, 2010
@Cmarketer, pls what do we ask from God on behalf of Akingbola? may be you can write kind of prayer we should say for him.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Odunnu: 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2010
I was going to ask the same thing o.
Whats the pattern or angle we should pray?
Does he need a baby,a house or a car?
Is he mourning?do we pray 4 comfort?What do we pray for?
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2010
Pray that he gets a fair hearing/get a lesser jail term if need be.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by vescucci(m): 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2010
I doubt my prayers are worth much but I'm not about to waste them on a crook just cuz he pays his tithes. No sir
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Odunnu: 5:59pm On Oct 10, 2010
Fair hearing? - YES!
Lesser Jail Term - I dont think its necessary.
We ask for justice, as youths we seek change.I dnt care if its Daddy G.O who's responsible,i'l pray for fair hearing and allow justice take its full course.
If he's guilty,let him face the punishment and if he's innocent,by all means let him be let free! We cant bribe God with 'good deeds', 'inspirationals' and its like.
I advocate for change, due process, and a transparent judicial process
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by chidyke77(m): 6:08pm On Oct 10, 2010
Hv u for a day remember those poor and helpless languishing in prisons across Nigeria out of injustice? U wnt us to pray for erastus because he's rich abi? Ur prayer wl nt work and i pray it gonna be channel to people that needs it most.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 10, 2010
Lets be objective. Some of the free christian materials that were being supported with funds courtesy Akingbola have affected many lives that read them positively. For that alone one may consider praying for him to get favour
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by PastorAIO: 6:56pm On Oct 10, 2010
toba:

Lets be objective. Some of the free christian materials that were being supported with funds courtesy Akingbola have affected many lives that read them positively. For that alone one may consider praying for him to get favour

Okay I'll pray that the holy spirit touches him and he feels contrition and confesses to all his crimes and misdemeanours and returns all stolen loot like a good christian should.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by vescucci(m): 6:56pm On Oct 10, 2010
His reward will be in heaven and his punishment here. Or would you it were reversed?
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 10, 2010
According to your own version of believing in God, hes very loving&merciful. What if God decides to touch the hearts of the prosecutors&he being granted pardon on earth&also in heaven?
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by vescucci(m): 11:27pm On Oct 10, 2010
You're pretty optimistic but he committed (allegedly) a civil crime not a spiritual one. God, I'm sure will look the other way and let justice (which he must be a big fan of if you believe Jesus died for your sins etc) go through.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 11, 2010
Cmarketer:

This is a call for all christians who have been touched by this man's ministry to start praying for him. The truth is that he is a good Christian who spend most of his good fortune in God's assignment. He is not as greedy as others who were selfish. Think of the inspirational TV, daily guide, etc. Lets be praying for God's mercy for him.

dont make me laugh
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by hercules07: 9:15am On Oct 11, 2010
So we should pray for an alleged thief abi, imagine me having five prayer points and God decides that this man that has been praying all this while let me answer one of his prayer points and it turns out to be the one directed at Erastus, do you know when next I will get a prayer answered? (due to my "sins", God being busy, too many people asking for favor, especially Nigerians or the allocation of the decade being used up). Bros abeg, that man stole, please help ask him how he became richer than his bank, he should confess his sins and do restitution.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by asha80(m): 2:13pm On Oct 11, 2010
Mehn pastor worshipping religion has really f$%ked many a brain up in this country
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by cammax7(m): 2:17pm On Oct 11, 2010
@poster, what exactly should we pray for? That he should go unpunished for crimes he allegedly committed? He is answerable to the laws of the land. If they find him guilty, so be it. God be with him.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 11, 2010
KunleOshob:

I think this thread should be directed at the church/pastor who benefited immensely from the man's tithes, offerings and seed sowing.
Word bruv. to whom much is given, much is expected. cool

hercules07:

So we should pray for an alleged thief abi,

Ha ha ha ha cool

asha 80:

Mehn pastor worshipping religion has really f$%ked many a brain up in this country
U have no idea cool
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by seyenko(m): 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2010
Erratic Erastus i pray your life ends at the firing squad
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by spikedcylinder: 2:30pm On Oct 11, 2010
Akingbola's mouth looks very well fed. He has eaten a lot and enjoyed a lot of that money. He should pray for himself.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by stagger: 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2010
Cmarketer:

This is a call for all Christians who have been touched by this man's ministry to start praying for him. The truth is that he is a good Christian who spend most of his good fortune in God's assignment. He is not as greedy as others who were selfish. Think of the inspirational TV, daily guide, etc. Lets be praying for God's mercy for him.

You are a silly fool. This man's actions cost over 3,000 bank workers their jobs. Thieves will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Stop making a mockery of Christianity. Obviously you do not read your bible to see what God has to say about people like him. People like him should be sent to the firing squad.

He should be thankful he is not Chinese. Because that is what they do to people like Akingbola and Cecilia Ibru. Brigands!
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Buzman: 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2010
We should pray for someone that supposed to be in jail?

I can't understand how Nigerians think.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by oluite(f): 2:46pm On Oct 11, 2010
why?
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Midrand(m): 2:57pm On Oct 11, 2010
Some of the biggest good deeds doers in the world are the mafia.they give millions to charity every year,does that excuse their crimes.GOD loves justice and it will prevail in this case.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by omofat: 2:58pm On Oct 11, 2010
Cmarketer:

What ministry?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? / The Apostolic Church (LAWNA) 40th International Convention. / If You Were Asked To Preach In Your Church, What Will Be Your Message?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.