Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:19 AM

I Think My Family Is My Problem - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Think My Family Is My Problem (1573 Views)

This Is My Problem With My Wife / I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! / I Think My Wife Is A Witch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think My Family Is My Problem by Hmfathom: 2:50pm On May 09, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

I will be Point Blank Honest with you, at this point, there's very little you can do.

You said your father Respects your decision, you'll have to relate more with your father, I don't know about you and your father's Relationship, if the Relationship between the two of you is good, channel all your attention to your father....you said that you're certain of your decision to go ahead with that woman you intend to settle down with and you also said that you're ready to also bear the consequences too, so if your father Truely supports your decision, Go ahead with it.... You also said in your write-up that your mom is stubborn and when you don't call her, she won't call you too, you can decide to be calling only your father anytime you want to check up on your mother (I know this is a very hard decision and action to take).

From where I am, I can smell that you have no set boundaries between you and your mother, having boundaries that should not be crossed earns Respect especially when whosoever Crosses your set boundaries and you don't hesitate or waste time in making that person know that he/she just crossed a boundary with a clear and "stern" warning never to try such again next time.the person will get the message and Respect himself/herself next time because he/she knows that you will not tolerate it at all.

You have to set boundaries between you and your mother, an example of such boundaries could be
"she should not talk bad/ill about your woman", anytime your mother should talk bad about your woman, you correct her with a serious face and a serious tone in your voice that you will not tolerate such behavior from her and walk away if you want to..... If you do this repeatedly, slowly your mother will begin to get the message and she'll be very careful when talking about your woman because she knows that if she should talk about your woman in an unpleasant manner, you will not tolerate such behavior from her.

Like I said earlier, Respect is EARNED.
If you want Respect, you have to Behave in a manner worthy of getting Respect.
God bless you for this beautiful insights, I felt relieved.
Re: I Think My Family Is My Problem by Hmfathom: 2:52pm On May 09, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Mummy's boy problem.

So you are still scared of mummy at this age.

If mummy dies today, won't you continue your life.

It is not a crime if you are your own man that makes mistakes and can learn from it.

Thanks I appreciate your insight
Re: I Think My Family Is My Problem by kufreabasi86191: 5:31pm On May 09, 2021
: Just make sure you know what you are doing before insisting on marrying your heart desire..Yes,I understand
Re: I Think My Family Is My Problem by jesmond3945: 9:12pm On May 09, 2021
Hmfathom:
How can my parent especially mum feels like she can make my marriage decision for me..

I was once with a lady which she goes against at the end I left that lady,now for about 5 years have been with my lady and ready to get married to her but my mum still feel she can make decision for me..

She giving me attitude and always want to find fault in her.If I say this or that she will end up saying she had giving me something diabolic to eat to go against her say!!!

I am sure if it was dangote daughter I was going to get married to..I am sure they wouldn't have problems with that. Why are some parents like this.

I am just tired of her questioning my decision, for over 8 years..have been living on my own and sustaining my self without any body's help

Sometimes, the way she talks to dad I don't like it and she feels I would be gentle like him..

She is very stubborn, if you feel you don't want to call her to instill your decision..she won't also call..at last I will still be the one to call because I feel it's naturally ideal to check on your parent..

Have sat her down to talk to her sometimes and after sometimes she changes..I detest this kind of attitude,she doesn't know she has bad attitude if you talk she will insult your life from the beginning of your existence!

Please,mature minds..how can I go about this ...how can I say my yes is my yes..how can I make them understand the fact that it's my life and I will take full responsibility of my decision...
How can I also correct her bad attitide??why is it hard for people to understand that nobody is perfect..

I don't have anybody to talk to,that was why I created new account.
Please help contribute
hahaha. If you don't take charge now, you would marry a woman you don't love just to please her, na their you go hate your mama

1 Like

Re: I Think My Family Is My Problem by frozen70(f): 9:27pm On May 09, 2021
Hmfathom:
How can my parent especially mum feels like she can make my marriage decision for me..

I was once with a lady which she goes against at the end I left that lady,now for about 5 years have been with my lady and ready to get married to her but my mum still feel she can make decision for me..

She giving me attitude and always want to find fault in her.If I say this or that she will end up saying she had giving me something diabolic to eat to go against her say!!!

I am sure if it was dangote daughter I was going to get married to..I am sure they wouldn't have problems with that. Why are some parents like this.

I am just tired of her questioning my decision, for over 8 years..have been living on my own and sustaining my self without any body's help

Sometimes, the way she talks to dad I don't like it and she feels I would be gentle like him..

She is very stubborn, if you feel you don't want to call her to instill your decision..she won't also call..at last I will still be the one to call because I feel it's naturally ideal to check on your parent..

Have sat her down to talk to her sometimes and after sometimes she changes..I detest this kind of attitude,she doesn't know she has bad attitude if you talk she will insult your life from the beginning of your existence!

Please,mature minds..how can I go about this ...how can I say my yes is my yes..how can I make them understand the fact that it's my life and I will take full responsibility of my decision...
How can I also correct her bad attitide??why is it hard for people to understand that nobody is perfect..

I don't have anybody to talk to,that was why I created new account.
Please help contribute

She is just jealous to have another woman with you because if her selfish reasons and she knows that you can't marry her
It's time you start hiding things form her

If your woman to be will agree with you, go on with her and both of you can team up with prayers to suppress her powers

Some stupid mothers are like that

1 Like

Re: I Think My Family Is My Problem by Hmfathom: 9:39pm On May 09, 2021
jesmond3945:
hahaha. If you don't take charge now, you would marry a woman you don't love just to please her, na their you go hate your mama
Very true
Re: I Think My Family Is My Problem by stacyadams: 11:05pm On May 09, 2021
PissfulProtester:
grin cheesy

Just make sure you know what you are doing before insisting on marrying your heart desire..
The problem is we always feel we are adults and know left from right...hehehehe... Aswearugad, we all still need parental guidance from time to time..

From experience, I have stated the above...

You have found every woman in her, yen yen yen..Have you found your mother in her? grin
Look, my guy! Before I got married, I was faced with a similar issue. My own obstacle was my father..I thought I knew what I was doing just like you and stood my ground... grin grin... Today, I am a philosopher!

The painful thing is, after standing your ground and they give you the go ahead,..when you begin to see the reason they objected(when she starts to show her true colour), You would feel ashamed to consult them ...cos you will be reminded in a painful way how you stood your ground grin grin...So you ll be forced to move on with your rickety car...

...My advice! Pray and be sure you know what you are doing

Hahahhahahahahahahaha...u know say when man dey Mumu himself,him day think say na love......not knowing say na mumu dey do am. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think My Family Is My Problem by Hmfathom: 3:40am On May 10, 2021
stacyadams:

Hahahhahahahahahahaha...u know say when man dey Mumu himself,him day think say na love......not knowing say na mumu dey do am. grin
Baba you no Sabi me o..who tell you say I dey mumu my self...

I ask a question on how to make a decision instill into someone you are saying something else..

If you no fit add any positive things then you are not adding to me..

I said I am ready to take responsibility for my action..u Sabi my plan Wey you dey talk trash
Re: I Think My Family Is My Problem by PissfulProtester: 3:45am On May 10, 2021
stacyadams:

Aswearugad cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women Are FAKE? / An Advice for a Friend who doesn't have Peace in his Marriage / Gay and Lesbian Couples Can Now Marry in the UK. Blessing or Curse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.