Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue (4771 Views)

Solution : Blank Screen / Flickering On Redmi 9T / How To Fix Android Screen Flickering In Easy Steps / How To Fix Android On-screen Flickering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by talktalk4u: 2:50pm On May 09, 2021
The Redmi Note 10 series is one of the most compelling budget smartphone buys of the season owing to its unbelievable specs. But perhaps the greatest perk is that the series comes with AMOLED displays for the first time.

Apart from deep blacks, contrasty colors, and better sunlight legibility, AMOLED displays are much loved because they bring along always-on display tech. This is missing on the Redmi Note 10 series though.

And as if that wasn’t enough, there is now a new issue making rounds. There have been a bunch of complaints from users stating that the Redmi Note 10 Pro and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max have screen flickering issues.
The flickering mostly takes place when the display is set to a 120Hz refresh rate. This explains why complaints are limited to the Pro variants and not the regular model – the Redmi Note 10 lacks support for high refresh rates.

It was also observed that the flickering is especially noticeable when the dark mode is toggled on. This may even be combined with tinting issues on low brightness levels.

Now, it is worth mentioning here that display flickering and tinting issues are something that’s turning out to be commonplace on almost every smartphone with an AMOLED display released in the past couple of years.

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by talktalk4u: 2:50pm On May 09, 2021
angry

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by talktalk4u: 2:53pm On May 09, 2021
This is why i left Redmi .

This Nigerian fans will claim the redmi is 100% perfect but behind doors they are crying grin grin grin ... Realme Team

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by edoairways: 4:17pm On May 09, 2021
talktalk4u:

This Nigerian fans will claim the redmi is 100% perfect but behind doors they are crying grin grin grin ... Realme Team
You must be joking grin grin grin grin
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by talktalk4u: 5:00pm On May 09, 2021
They should come and debunk this news
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by donbenie(m): 5:10pm On May 09, 2021
talktalk4u:
They should come and debunk this news
You are joking right?

You do know that there are literally thousands of complaints on any popular phone in the market..

If you only bother to go digging?

Another bullsh1t article by a frustrated Xiaomi Hater..

Oya!!

Take am!!! grin

16 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by Rareoil(m): 5:51pm On May 09, 2021
talktalk4u:

Which one is realme now angry angry angry angry
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by chariisGRACE(m): 6:04pm On May 09, 2021
talktalk4u:

Aaaah!
You buy Realme?
Wetin happen to Transsion phones?

5 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by sunshineV(f): 6:24pm On May 09, 2021
u claim u bought a realme phone recently but u just can't keep redmi off ur mouth

6 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by eki2000(m): 6:56pm On May 09, 2021
Samsung A52 with 64mp and 90 refresh rate better pass that redmi note 10 pro with 108mp cam

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by tayo60(f): 7:05pm On May 09, 2021
talktalk4u:

Sit down there dey deceive yourself. D phone you claimed you bought that you can't show us the "about phone". How are we sure say na you get d phone? When NEROSKY bought his Xiaomi M11, he came here, told us to ask him any question about the phone and he answered all.

5 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by RealEzee(m): 8:12pm On May 09, 2021
eki2000:
Samsung A52 with 64mp and 90 refresh rate better pass that redmi note 10 pro with 108mp cam
there are not priced the same bud, place poco x3 pro or poco f3 by d a52 and watch it vanish, but nonetheless, what the note 10 Pro has going for it against the A52 is it 33w fast charger against the 25w on d a52, bihger battery, a better chipset sd732g against the 720g on the A52, how 90hz better 120hz kwa? grin buddy be calming down, they are not on the same price, pair the A52 against other products from Xiaomi like the poco x3 pro and the poco f3

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 09, 2021
noo xiaomi is perfect.....its a lie... that one was made by transsion to frame us check it has transsion all over itgrin

nonsense and elliot

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by dboyoji: 9:28pm On May 09, 2021
There is nothing wrong with the display. The problem is most users of the Redmi Note 10 series are coming from phones with LCD display. OLED display flickers when dimmed to a particular level while LCD does not. This flickering even causes headache for some people. OLED uses Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) while LCD uses DC Dimming. Please make further research.
Personally, I prefer LCD to OLED because I use my phone in the dark a lot. I am actually posting this from a dark room.

11 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by Meister(m): 10:55pm On May 09, 2021
RealEzee:
there are priced the same bud, place poco x3 pro or poco f3 by d a52 and watch it vanish, but nonetheless, what the note 10 Pro has going for it against the A52 is it 33w fast charger against the 25w on d a52, bihger battery, a better chipset sd732g against the 720g on the A52, how 90hz better 120hz kwa? grin buddy be calming down, they are not on the same price, pair the A52 against other products from Xiaomi like the poco x3 pro and the poco f3

A52 supports 25w fast charging but it comes with a 15w charger in the box

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by FryMosquito: 10:58pm On May 09, 2021
dboyoji:
There is nothing wrong with the display. The problem is most users of the Redmi Note 10 series are coming from phones with LCD display. OLED display flickers when dimmed to a particular level while LCD does not. This flickering even causes headache for some people. OLED uses Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) while LCD uses DC Dimming. Please make further research.
Personally, I prefer LCD to OLED because I use my phone in the dark a lot. I am actually posting this from a dark room.

Una always dey lecture this children, still they won't learn

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by Jacku: 7:59am On May 10, 2021
dboyoji:

posting in dark rooms too affects the eye.. Try putting on your flash while typing and putting it off while doing same then notice the difference in your eyes.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by Jacku: 8:01am On May 10, 2021
Valkan:
noo xiaomi is perfect.....its a lie... that one was made by transsion to frame us check it has transsion all over itgrin

nonsense and elliot
I also think Xiaomi is perfect. They don't have no fault at all. Infact, people aren't meant to complain cos it's the most perfect brand in the world, even more perfect than iPhone and Samsung lol
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by talktalk4u: 9:13am On May 11, 2021
chariisGRACE:

Aaaah!
You buy Realme?
Wetin happen to Transsion phones?
Oga nothing happened ... i be phone freak ... I don Use Xiaomi , google Pixel, Samsung , Infinix , Now i don Join Realme .. So relax transsion has great devices
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by talktalk4u: 9:15am On May 11, 2021
donbenie:
You are joking right?

You do know that there are literally thousands of complaints on any popular phone in the market..

If you only bother to go digging?

Another bullsh1t article by a frustrated Xiaomi Hater..

Oya!!

Take am!!! grin
LOL so you guys knew all brands have issues right ? so why attack Transsion when they have issue ? Yet you are claiming Xiaomi product issue is normal? STUPID

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by korm2me(m): 11:35am On May 11, 2021
dboyoji:

So you now know better than the company itself that has agreed its a software bug right.? They even said they have identified the root cause and will fix it in next ota upgrade. And u saying its OLED thing

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by donbenie(m): 12:01pm On May 11, 2021
talktalk4u:
LOL so you guys knew all brands have issues right ? so why attack Transsion when they have issue ? Yet you are claiming Xiaomi product issue is normal? STUPID
STUPIDITY is not being able to differentiate between software and software issues which can be rectified by updates..

And products produced with the use of substandard CHIPSETS,outdated 720P,Fake Camera Mega Pixels,Micro USB and slow chargers..

And other nonsense that Transsion packages and sell to the Nigerian market..

8 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 11, 2021
talktalk4u:
The Redmi Note 10 series is one of the most compelling budget smartphone buys of the season owing to its unbelievable specs. But perhaps the greatest perk is that the series comes with AMOLED displays for the first time.

Apart from deep blacks, contrasty colors, and better sunlight legibility, AMOLED displays are much loved because they bring along always-on display tech. This is missing on the Redmi Note 10 series though.

And as if that wasn’t enough, there is now a new issue making rounds. There have been a bunch of complaints from users stating that the Redmi Note 10 Pro and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max have screen flickering issues.
The flickering mostly takes place when the display is set to a 120Hz refresh rate. This explains why complaints are limited to the Pro variants and not the regular model – the Redmi Note 10 lacks support for high refresh rates.

It was also observed that the flickering is especially noticeable when the dark mode is toggled on. This may even be combined with tinting issues on low brightness levels.

Now, it is worth mentioning here that display flickering and tinting issues are something that’s turning out to be commonplace on almost every smartphone with an AMOLED display released in the past couple of years.

just one in millions, no complaints.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 11, 2021
talktalk4u:

you are just jumping from one site to another finding flaw in almighty redmi. Do you own the said phone? No! You have no moral right to complain about a phone you will never gather money to buy. Face your 40k tecno and stop giving yourself headache.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by Bluekapon(m): 7:31pm On May 11, 2021
talktalk4u:

Lol... most of them are paid marketers promoting the product! They don't even use the phones as their main phone.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by Bluekapon(m): 7:37pm On May 11, 2021
dboyoji:

Oga... That's not true! I had issues with my Redmi 9 which is LCD. Hated watching videos with it. Redmi is not just their yet in terms of display quality. Full Stop!
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by Bluekapon(m): 7:39pm On May 11, 2021
korm2me:

So you now know better than the company itself that has agreed its a software bug right.? They even said they have identified the root cause and will fix it in next ota upgrade. And u saying its OLED thing

Fix what? Can an inferior hardware be fixed with software update?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by Bluekapon(m): 7:43pm On May 11, 2021
donbenie:
STUPIDITY is not being able to differentiate between software and software issues which can be rectified by updates..

And products produced with the use of substandard CHIPSETS,outdated 720P,Fake Camera Mega Pixels,Micro USB and slow chargers..

And other nonsense that Transsion packages and sell to the Nigerian market..

Same can be said to be the case with Redmi as well... The issue being discussed here could be as a result of inferior hardware quality which cannot be fixed by the proposed software update.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by dboyoji: 7:45am On May 12, 2021
korm2me:

The company never admitted that it is a software bug, rather they would adjust the settings to reduce the flickering. OLED flickers when dimmed. Kindly Google flicker free OLED display and understand how that can be achieved.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by dboyoji: 7:46am On May 12, 2021
Bluekapon:

Oga... That's not true! I had issues with my Redmi 9 which is LCD. Hated watching videos with it. Redmi is not just their yet in terms of display quality. Full Stop!
What is not true here, please be specific. Redmi display has been praised all over the internet.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by dboyoji: 7:58am On May 12, 2021
Jacku:
posting in dark rooms too affects the eye.. Try putting on your flash while typing and putting it off while doing same then notice the difference in your eyes.
You are right, I am trying to adjust.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue by korm2me(m): 4:57pm On May 12, 2021
dboyoji:

The company never admitted that it is a software bug, rather they would adjust the settings to reduce the flickering. OLED flickers when dimmed. Kindly Google flicker free OLED display and understand how that can be achieved.
Ok Will check that out

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP!!! Has Anyone Seen This On Their Phone? (pics) / Pls Can Anyone Interpret This Screenshot / TECNO Spark 5 Pro Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.