Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? (1776 Views)

Oyedepo Offers Closing Sermon At Pastor Dare Adeboye's Farewell Service / Pictures From The Burial Of Pastor Dare Adeboye / Daddy Freeze & Eldee React To Pastor Adeboye's Death Prayer This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by buragidi(m): 5:12pm On May 09, 2021
It is no longer a breaking news that the General overseer (GO) of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) lost one of his sons, who is also a pastor during this week. Undoubtedly, this is is indeed a trying time for the revered pastor and the entire RCCG family.

I have watched with keen interest how people concluded that it was the will of God for Dare to be called 'home' by God. I have also read the statement of the father that he could not blame or question God (of course nobody can).

One thing about pastor Adeboye is that he has held himself out to the public as someone who is preferred by God to other people. In his ministrations, he has made people to beleive that he is always hearing from God in all circumstances. He has also told the stories of how God has used him to perform miracles that are beyond human comprehension. For example, pastor Adeboye has told the story of how he ran out of fuel and God asked him to urinate inside his fuel tank and God converted his urine to fuel and he was able to complete his journey. Although, nobody confirmed the veracity if this story, many 'beleivers take them hookline and sinker'. In another sermon, he has told his followers that he frank tea with God. This is not to mention a lot of stories where he reiterated how God used him to heal the sick and also resurrected the dead.

This stories which are eloquently told in the context of the scripture makes many people to perceive pastor Adeboye as a supernatural man. Also, unlike some other pastors, eg Johnson Suleman, Biodun Fatoyinbo et al., Pastor Adeboye has stayed above scandal. This may be as a result of his age and his educational attainments.

In all, Pastor Adeboye is not just a respected man of God, he also reputed as a man who hears directly from God. I have seen people rushing over themselves to sit on a chair he just left, believing they could receive solutions to their problems. Sometimes ago, I saw a video of a young boy who even said Angel confirmed to him that Adeboye is God in human form. The clown even advised other pastors to close down their churches and acknowledged Adeboye. Indeed, Adeboye has warned against the glorification of his name in the past, but his sermons always portray him as a man who is not ordinary. Looking at the above, it came as a surprise to many how a man with such an acclaimed supernatural power, the one who drinks tea with God and raise the dead, can just lose his son at the old age. Many critics have begun to ask if Adeboye is actually a supernatural being or he just held himself out, used evangelical marketing strategy to launch himself out and remain relevant.

On the flip side, a man called Ifedayo Olarinde, popularly known as Daddy Freeze came out in the past few years to challenge most of the doctrines in churches, especially the pentecostal. The most popular of this is payment of tithes. Daddy freeze used biblical verses to establish that tithing is not just unchristian, it is an outright stealing from Church goers by their pastors. Many pastors and their followers started to raise curses on Daddy freeze. For example, Ayo Oritsajafor, in a program in RCCG holy ghost congress specifically said Daddy Freeze would soon die. Other pastor also said he would die before the end of that year. More recently, Pastor Ibiyeomie and Paul Enenche declared war against Daddy Freeze. Permit me to say that Dady Freeze himself is also a hustler (my view). For example, after forging an unholy alliance with Johnson Suleman, a man whobhas consistently been in the news for all manners of terrible things, Daddy Freeze would look away on Suleman scandals and quickly come to his defence at every slight opportunity. A case study of this is the recent scandal of Johnson Suleman man sleeping with the wife of one of his Pastor, Mike davids. Another is his defence of a story told by Suleman where a man who claimed to have no visa in Germany entered a Toilet in Germany and got teleported to Ireland.

Notwithstanding the above, many pastors and their members beleive that Daddy Freeze is a problem of the church. When he was asked to pay N5 Million for committing adultery. Many commentators who are Christian reiterated how that is just the beginning of his calamity for insulting pastors and how it God dealing with him.

Summing the above together, Pastor Dare Adeboye is dead and it is important to commiserate with with the Adeboyes on this irreparable loss. Many commentators today beleive it was God that called him home. The question remains that despite the supposed supernatural power of the Dad and his special relationship with God, how come he could neither prevent the death of his son or raise him (as he has always done for others). The likes of Johnson Suleiman, who has also claimed to have raise the dead in the past, how come they cannot demonstrate this power, when it is most needed? Does it still make sense to consider these individuals as special men as been paraded in view of the present situation.

Also, assuming that Daddy Freeze is the departed, would people also concluded that it is just the will of God or many would rejoice that it was a payment for his sins?

On a final analysis. No man is preferred by God above others. We are all equal before God. God does not speak through Adeboye, Oyedepo et al. to speak to you and they have no solution to your problem. They only held themselves out and used media to market themselves. You beleive in it and yiu got entangled for life. The interesting thing is that you would also indoctrinate your children and they continue to reference a man that is of equal value with them.

Also, anybody can die at anytime. You don't have to commit sin before you die. People die as a result of so many things. Religious curses have no effect on anybody. If those curses work, by now, all boko haram members would have been long dead in Nigeria.

I just feel like sharing my thoughts on this issue.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by Hashabiah: 5:30pm On May 09, 2021
This writeup sounds like one who is disgruntled about Adeboye being a pastor of God.
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by Daveambition(m): 5:33pm On May 09, 2021
Wtf..
Omo, e don rascal til the stage of fellow MEN go stylishly dey wish their own kind death as per blogging? Aghh. Quit wrecking the mind of gullible souls.
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by buragidi(m): 5:35pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
This writeup sounds like one who is disgruntled about Adeboye being a pastor of God.

What has been disgruntled has told do with posting a reflection on an occurrence?

And what is the big deal about being a pastor, especially in Africa, anyone who has the ability to lie and sell himself out as a powerful man can be a pastor in Africa.

Have you wondered how backward Nigeria is despite producing pastors?

1 Like

Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by buragidi(m): 5:36pm On May 09, 2021
Daveambition:
Wtf..
Omo, e don rascal til the stage of fellow MEN go stylishly dey wish their own kind death as per blogging? Aghh

Nobody wished anybody death. I know it is a long post. Please go back and read. The write up never wished anyone dead. ...and I am not a blogger.
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by Hashabiah: 5:37pm On May 09, 2021
buragidi:

What has been disgruntled has told do with posting a reflection on an occurrence?

And what is the big deal about being a pastor, especially in Africa, anyone who has the ability to lie and sell himself out as a powerful man can be a pastor in Africa.

Have you wondered how backward Nigeria is despite producing pastors?
Nigeria's problem is does not lie in religion. It lies in the fact that we have a corrupt structure. There was a time in Nigeria were one dollar was the equivalent of one naira and still, there was religion in Nigeria and progress was reported. So what happened? Corruption occurred
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by buragidi(m): 5:49pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
Nigeria's problem is does not lie in religion. It lies in the fact that we have a corrupt structure. There was a time in Nigeria were one dollar was the equivalent of one naira and still, there was religion in Nigeria and progress was reported. So what happened? Corruption occurred

You cannot divorce religion from the politics and problems of Nigeria. Today, hardly can anyone become a leader in Nigeria without religion endorsement. The vice president of Nigeria is a senior pastor in Nigeria. Oyedepo would always attack the government of the day when he supported the past administration. All our GOs are politically inclined . That is at the strategic level.

At the base of the pyramid, the kind of messages our churches preach are problems on their own. These are messages that make people to beleive that success is a function of supernatural break through, instead of diligence and creativity. These are messages that make people to beleive they can see where they did not sow (they call it unmerited favour).

The flamboyance and elegance of todays pastors do not help matters. Instead of developing the real sector, many Nigerian professionals would rather turn to pastors, lie to people in the name of prosperity messages and build an empire from the sweat of the poverty-stricken members, while promising them blessings and eternity.

The above destroys creativity and build the culture of laxity in a population.

1 Like

Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by Daveambition(m): 5:52pm On May 09, 2021
buragidi:

Nobody wished anybody death. I know it is a long post. Please go back and read. The write up never wished anyone dead. ...and I am not a blogger.
How can yu ask i {the reader} to ASSUME someone departed from this earth; & yu say yu didn't just wish the person dead'.?
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by buragidi(m): 5:54pm On May 09, 2021
It is pointless engaging you.

Daveambition:

How can yu ask me to ASSUME someone departed from this earth & yu say yu didn't just wish the person dead'.?
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by OkCornel(m): 5:54pm On May 09, 2021
Dear OP, you have written very well on the matter.

Sadly religious zealotry and critical reasoning are oil and water. They hardly mix.

Now let’s watch and see religious zealots invoke curses and insult the OP for this truth.

1 Like

Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by buragidi(m): 5:57pm On May 09, 2021
Thanks. Like I said. These curses dont work. Even the one placed by their GOs don't work. If they do, by now, there would be no boko haram or fulani herdsmen in Nigerian again.

OkCornel:
Dear OP, you have written very well on the matter.

Sadly religious zealotry and critical reasoning are oil and water. They hardly mix.

Now let’s watch and see religious zealots invoke curses and insult the OP for this truth.
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by Daveambition(m): 5:57pm On May 09, 2021
buragidi:
It is pointless engaging you.

Omo; yu be evil. Yu need help.
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by Hashabiah: 5:58pm On May 09, 2021
buragidi:

You cannot divorce religion from the politics and problems of Nigeria. Today, hardly can anyone become a leader in Nigeria without religion endorsement. The vice president of Nigeria is a senior pastor in Nigeria. Oyedepo would always attack the government of the day when he supported the past administration. All our GOs are politically inclined . That is at the strategic level.

At the base of the pyramid, the kind of messages our churches preach are problems on their own. These are messages that make people to beleive that success is a function of supernatural break through, instead of diligence and creativity. These are messages that make people to beleive they can see where they did not sow (they call it unmerited favour).

The flamboyance and elegance of todays pastors do not help matters. Instead of developing the real sector, many Nigerian professionals would rather turn to pastors, lie to people in the name of prosperity messages and build an empire from the sweat of the poverty-stricken members, while promising them blessings and eternity.

I told you earlier that corruption has destroyed the very fabric of the Nigerian politcal structure and this has nothing to do with religion. And you complaining about men of God living flamboyant lifestyles has nothing to do with the woes of Nigeria. And until we learn to accept responsibilities of our own problems as a people, this issues of corruption will never end.
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by buragidi(m): 6:00pm On May 09, 2021
Daveambition:

Omo; yu be evil. Yu need help.

Na dem. If there is anyone who needs help, it is your likes who are derided of logic and critical thinking.

1 Like

Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by dikeigbo2(m): 6:01pm On May 09, 2021
above all ....this fuel part just caught my attention.......believe it and get your head and brain examined. as many times as possible......No matter your status with with God ....you will surely die One day and that is your rapture

1 Like

Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by Daveambition(m): 6:02pm On May 09, 2021
buragidi:

Na dem. If there is anyone who needs help, it is your likes who are derided of logic and critical thinking.

Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by HarunaWest(m): 6:03pm On May 09, 2021
buragidi:

Your write very intelligent and apt.
Religion is a sham that was transported to Africa. We leave our problems and pray to God to solve them.
Every soul shall taste death irrespective of whether that individual was good or bad.

1 Like

Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by Daveambition(m): 6:04pm On May 09, 2021
buragidi:

Ten toes; if yu blaze trees yu'd picture life thru a perception that gladness the soul.
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by buragidi(m): 6:05pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
I told you earlier that corruption has destroyed the very fabric of the Nigerian politcal structure and this has nothing to do with religion. And you complaining about men of God living flamboyant lifestyles has nothing to do with the woes of Nigeria. And until we learn to accept responsibilities of our own problems as a people, this issues of corruption will never end.

You only restated yourself, you have not scientifically disociate religion from corruption in Nigeria. Indeed, religion ( both Islam and christianity) play crucial role in the level of corruption in Nigeria. I have earlier given examplesto substantiate this. I expected you to break those links. As long as money is the epicentre of your churches' message and their leaders keep frolicking with politicians, while living in flamboyance, corruption will keep increasing.

I

1 Like

Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by buragidi(m): 6:07pm On May 09, 2021
Daveambition:

Ten toes; if yu blaze trees yu'd picture life outta harmful view

Please communicate in English. I don't understand gibberish
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by Hashabiah: 6:10pm On May 09, 2021
buragidi:

You only restated yourself, you have not scientifically disociate religion from corruption in Nigeria. Indeed, religion ( both Islam and christianity) play crucial role in the level of corruption in Nigeria. I have earlier given excuses to substantiate this. I expected you to break those links. As long as money is the epicentre of your churches' message and their leaders keep frolicking with politicians, while living in flamboyance, corruption will keep increasing.

I
I did that in my last post by citing how the Nigeria economy was doing (when $1 =N1). At that time there was still religion. And if you had taken the time to research, you would have seen that men of God like Adeboye and Oyedepo were already ministers in their respective churches. And they were not even influencing anything
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by buragidi(m): 6:13pm On May 09, 2021
dikeigbo2:
above all ....this fuel part just caught my attention.......believe it and get your head and brain examined. as many times as possible......No matter your status with with God ....you will surely die One day and that is your rapture

You are right. Religion makes people to suspend their brain. You would be surprised that professors in the church also beleived that outright lie.

1 Like

Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by buragidi(m): 6:18pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
I did that in my last post by citing how the Nigeria economy was doing (when $1 =N1). At that time there was still religion. And if you had taken the time to research, you would have seen that men of God like Adeboye and Oyedepo were already ministers in their respective churches. And they were not even influencing anything

Religion has always be part of humanity. However, at that time, it has not become an industry as we see today.

As at then, the messages are not like we have today.

As at then, pentecotalism is not as popular as we have today.

Does that mean there was no corruption then? Of course it was, but not as high as it is today.

Until recently, the messages of RCCG is more of holiness. In recent time, it is about money.

Today, RCCG would tell you that if you don't pay your tithe, you are not going to heaven as against the position of the Bible.
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by dikeigbo2(m): 6:24pm On May 09, 2021
buragidi:

You are right. Religion makes people to suspend their brain. You would be surprised that professors in the church also beleived that outright lie.

exactly without asking questions

1 Like

Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by buragidi(m): 6:41pm On May 09, 2021
dikeigbo2:

exactly without asking questions

It is called the power of the pulpit. The church arrangement does not even permit to ask questions and provoke intellectual discourse. One man just stands in front of the pulpit and dish out what he thinks is right and people listen with rapt attention without the right to interrogate his speech. He does it over and over again and he masters the art.

He knows that whatever he says cannot be questioned, at least, not on the spot. All he needs to do is to build followers and mix lies with truth and sell it to them. They listen to this over and over again, coupled with what their parents have taught them that men of God should not be questioned and they become brainwashed.

When you listen to a lie over and over again, without being challenged, no matter how stupid it is, it begins to look like the truth. You are a total product of what you watch, read and hear. That is why the Bible says that "..and the word becomes flesh and dwelelleth among us".

When you listen to lies over time, it becomes part of your flesh and dwell with you and yours.
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by orisa37: 6:48pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:

Not true. "I just feel like sharing my opinion", he says.
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by Hashabiah: 6:49pm On May 09, 2021
orisa37:

undecided?
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by buragidi(m): 6:50pm On May 09, 2021
orisa37:

Don't mind the dingbat. Pastor of God. A God that cannot save him from losing his son at old age?

Religion is indeed the opium of the people.
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by orisa37: 6:58pm On May 09, 2021
SHARE THE POST MORTEM BY A SPECIALIST AND NOT A MUMU DOCTOR. LET US STOP JUDGING ADEBOYE. JESUS DIED AT 33. ADEBOYE NEVER VALLS HIMSELF GOD. I JUST KNOW THAT HE IS AN APOSTLE OF CHRIST. ONLY DECIDES THE TIMING OF EVERY PROPHET AND APOSTLE.
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by dikeigbo2(m): 6:58pm On May 09, 2021
buragidi:

It is called the power of the pulpit. The church arrangement does not even permit to ask questions and provoke intellectual discourse. One man just stands in front of the pulpit and dish out what he thinks is right and people listen with rapt attention without the right to interrogate his speech. He does it over and over again and he masters the art.

He knows that whatever he says cannot be questioned, at least, not on the spot. All he needs to do is to build followers and mix lies with truth and sell it to them. They listen to this over and over again, coupled with what their parents have taught them that men of God should not be questioned and they become brainwashed.

When you listen to a lie over and over again, without being challenged, no matter how stupid it is, it begins to look like the truth. You are a total product of what you watch, read and hear. That is why the Bible says that "..and the word becomes flesh and dwelelleth among us".

When you listen to lies over time, it becomes part of your flesh and dwell with you and yours.

you just said it......and asking questions singles you out as a worldly man or the devil challenging the man of God.....drinking tea with God hahahaha......
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by orisa37: 7:00pm On May 09, 2021
SHARE THE POST MORTEM BY A SPECIALIST AND NOT A MUMU DOCTOR. LET US STOP JUDGING ADEBOYE. JESUS DIED AT 33. ADEBOYE NEVER CALLS HIMSELF GOD. I JUST KNOW THAT HE IS AN APOSTLE OF CHRIST. ONLY GOD DECIDES THE TIMING OF EVERY PROPHET AND APOSTLE.
Re: Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? by Kobojunkiee: 7:00pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
Adeboye is not a shepherd of God, this according to God Himself. Ezekiel 34 vs 9 -16 and John 10 vs 1-16 more than explains God's stance where your pastors are concerned. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

How My Friend Keep Suffering After Living T.b.joshua / Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. / The Truth About Adam And Eve Apple ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.