Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,822 members, 7,851,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:12 AM

Family Problems About Remarrying - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Problems About Remarrying (78880 Views)

Battling spiritual family problems / Advice Concerning :family Problems About Remarrying / Family Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Goldie16(f): 9:16pm On May 13, 2021
ransomed:
The third leg in between your legs is seriously controlling you.
I put it to you that you will soon stop paying your children school fees and focus on her children.
Family and friends will soon be termed witches and wizards under your roof and instances will be given to you to confirm her claims.
She desperately needs a substitute and you are the perfect one sir.
Go ahead with her at your peril. The bitter truth is that you are being manipulated to dispatch anyone that will call you to order so that she can gain total control. Your life and family is under attack sir. Stop the Kpekus and let her return to her late husband's house.
She's already insulting the poor woman that spent 13 years building her home. Calling her a dead person. As if she will live forever. Sad

4 Likes

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Murphy0147(m): 9:17pm On May 13, 2021
family6644:
I need serious advise from experienced nairalanders, please forgive my lengthy message because it requires detailed explanations.

I lost my wife exactly 3 months ago, 4 years of relationship and 13 years of marriage with her before she passed on, she left behind 3kids, 13yr old girl 7yr and 3yr old boys. I understand marriages are full of their challenges but we have been through the journey and we came out victorious having a loving and happy home, a union other partners appreciates.

My late wife was so organized and we trainned my kids to be independent while she travels on local business trips. So I just needed to continue our family habit of buying and stocking everything at home while they manage themselves with the help of an older maid who has been part of the family for many years, in short, we are faring quite well as I continue to mourn my wife and carry on with life.

Here is the problem, from a lot of condolence messages coming in on my Facebook, I had the chance to reply some of them 2weeks ago, I met this single mother of two who invited my kids to her daughter's birthday party, i was reluctant but she said it is time to start taking the kids out since they are yet to resume school, exactly what they needed at that point was the usual outing which has been missing for a while since their mother's sickness and after her demise, approx 6months in total. She said it's not a loud party that she needed only my kids for the small sitting room party.

I decided, went to the party with the kids, it was fun for the kids, I have not seen them happy like that in a long while, it made me happy too, they fell in love with the two sisters and their mother all like a miracle, my little 3year old boy started calling her mommy, others follow and it all seem like a family reunion. We left late at night with her girls asking that they meet again the next day which was a Sunday. To cut it short, my kids and hers agreed to meet the next day except for me. To be honest, the lady is a nice and lovely person to be with, she's a realtor who can work from home, she's real and beautiful, she has been a single mother for 4yrs after her husband travelled out and abandoned them to marry another woman, that's according to her.

She called me that her kids could not allow her rest, they said if we can't come, she should bring them to our house, I mildly rejected but i was persuaded by my daughter and my first son to have them around, I could see that they have bonded quite well, I want my kids to be happy too, that's what I have always wanted for them so I agreed and gave them our address. To cut the story short, I find it impossible to separate the two families that has come together to become one, when they were leaving back to their house my kids pleaded with me to allow them go with mommy to her house, I understand that is real because she's lovely with kids. I had the confidence to trust my kids with someone for the first time in my life. They didn't want to come back, I had to go and pick them up the next day, all of them made sure they came back home with me, we started living together as a family and everyone was enjoying it.

It became an automatic affair with her, I was worried about it been too early, I had to involve few of my friends to seek opinions, some were happy that i could get a good mother for my kids this soon, others asked me to stop the family union and give it a little time to study her character. I suggested some space but she felt very bad, she thinks I am sending them away. I had to allow them stay while I use the opportunity to observe the new found love and family.

12days after, I realize that in a bid to reorganize me and help me to move ahead in life, she totally disregards anything that concerns my late wife whom I still hold dear to my heart, same as my daughter and my adopted daughter, I don't like to address her as a maid. We loved and cherished my late wife, everything she introduced seems to be strange to the norms of the family. If I try to raise my concerns for her to adjust, she will simply tell me that the dead is dead and I should just forget everything about her including whatever she stood for as a mother and wife.

If I try to talk some senses into her to make her understand that brooding over the dead is different from honouring and respecting the deseased, she gets really angry claiming I am comparing her with a dead person. Whatever she discovers as our way of doing things in the family she disregards it and replaces it with her own way without minding how we feel as a family or how easy or difficult it is for us to adjust.

It looks like we are the only ones tolerating and accommodating them here, I have tried with no avail to stop her from insulting the memory of my late wife. I discussed with each and everyone at home, they all wish I could perform a miracle to have them leave because no one can tolerate the mother and kids anymore, I am equally fed up myself and willing to take a break.

I have a friend who is aware of my problems with her, he told me that I am the problem here, he said it will be hard for any woman to fit into our family way of doing things and it will be difficult for us to cope with a different way of life introduced by another woman.

I hope I can get one or two advices that could help. I am quite confused

hmmm but u must banged her tell us the other side of the story!!

1 Like

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by favour32(m): 9:19pm On May 13, 2021
Oga!
I read through your predicament.
Leave this lady and her kids.
Do not be in hurry to compensate for the demise of your wife.
This lady acting boss, so early, will be difficult for you and your kids to manage.
Put a stop to the bonding.
Your kids will cope without them and time will do the rest.

2 Likes

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 13, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

i dont believe in remarriage especially when i have kids

women will always find a way to want the best for their own kids

Marry a single lady or young widow without a kid yet
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by debbydee(f): 9:21pm On May 13, 2021
bros. it is still too early to allow another woman. You need space.
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Expresswriter: 9:22pm On May 13, 2021
Red flags are real.

Run before it's too late.

1 Like

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by spiralwedge(m): 9:24pm On May 13, 2021
Family6644, break that sh!t right now. Its gonna be hard, but for the sake of your kids,esp the 3 year old. Im already crying on his behalf.

Please stay away from any woman who wants a long term relationship at this point. Since you have an adopted daughter, please you dont need any woman in the house.

Hard, but learn how to treat yoir konji discreetly out there, never bring any woman home. With your situation, they become desperate and will force themselves on you... and can be fetish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by HabaHaba: 9:25pm On May 13, 2021

It looks like we are the only ones tolerating and accommodating them here, I have tried with no avail to stop her from insulting the memory of my late wife. I discussed with each and everyone at home, they all wish I could perform a miracle to have them leave because no one can tolerate the mother and kids anymore, I am equally fed up myself and willing to take a break.

From the above I want to simply say, DROP HER AND HER FAMILY FASTER THAN YOUR BRAIN AND EMOTIONS CAN THINK!!!

SHE'S ALREADY BAD NEWS BY TRYING TO KILL YOUR LATE WIFE'S BEAUTIFUL MEMORIES.
PLEASE ITS TOO EARLY TO CEASE MOURNING YOUR LATE BELOVED WIFE AND MOTHER TO YOUR LOVING KIDS.

3 Likes

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by bobluck: 9:26pm On May 13, 2021
family6644:
I need serious advise from experienced nairalanders, please forgive my lengthy message because it requires detailed explanations.

I lost my wife exactly 3 months ago, 4 years of relationship and 13 years of marriage with her before she passed on, she left behind 3kids, 13yr old girl 7yr and 3yr old boys. I understand marriages are full of their challenges but we have been through the journey and we came out victorious having a loving and happy home, a union other partners appreciates.

My late wife was so organized and we trainned my kids to be independent while she travels on local business trips. So I just needed to continue our family habit of buying and stocking everything at home while they manage themselves with the help of an older maid who has been part of the family for many years, in short, we are faring quite well as I continue to mourn my wife and carry on with life.

Here is the problem, from a lot of condolence messages coming in on my Facebook, I had the chance to reply some of them 2weeks ago, I met this single mother of two who invited my kids to her daughter's birthday party, i was reluctant but she said it is time to start taking the kids out since they are yet to resume school, exactly what they needed at that point was the usual outing which has been missing for a while since their mother's sickness and after her demise, approx 6months in total. She said it's not a loud party that she needed only my kids for the small sitting room party.

I decided, went to the party with the kids, it was fun for the kids, I have not seen them happy like that in a long while, it made me happy too, they fell in love with the two sisters and their mother all like a miracle, my little 3year old boy started calling her mommy, others follow and it all seem like a family reunion. We left late at night with her girls asking that they meet again the next day which was a Sunday. To cut it short, my kids and hers agreed to meet the next day except for me. To be honest, the lady is a nice and lovely person to be with, she's a realtor who can work from home, she's real and beautiful, she has been a single mother for 4yrs after her husband travelled out and abandoned them to marry another woman, that's according to her.

She called me that her kids could not allow her rest, they said if we can't come, she should bring them to our house, I mildly rejected but i was persuaded by my daughter and my first son to have them around, I could see that they have bonded quite well, I want my kids to be happy too, that's what I have always wanted for them so I agreed and gave them our address. To cut the story short, I find it impossible to separate the two families that has come together to become one, when they were leaving back to their house my kids pleaded with me to allow them go with mommy to her house, I understand that is real because she's lovely with kids. I had the confidence to trust my kids with someone for the first time in my life. They didn't want to come back, I had to go and pick them up the next day, all of them made sure they came back home with me, we started living together as a family and everyone was enjoying it.

It became an automatic affair with her, I was worried about it been too early, I had to involve few of my friends to seek opinions, some were happy that i could get a good mother for my kids this soon, others asked me to stop the family union and give it a little time to study her character. I suggested some space but she felt very bad, she thinks I am sending them away. I had to allow them stay while I use the opportunity to observe the new found love and family.

12days after, I realize that in a bid to reorganize me and help me to move ahead in life, she totally disregards anything that concerns my late wife whom I still hold dear to my heart, same as my daughter and my adopted daughter, I don't like to address her as a maid. We loved and cherished my late wife, everything she introduced seems to be strange to the norms of the family. If I try to raise my concerns for her to adjust, she will simply tell me that the dead is dead and I should just forget everything about her including whatever she stood for as a mother and wife.

If I try to talk some senses into her to make her understand that brooding over the dead is different from honouring and respecting the deseased, she gets really angry claiming I am comparing her with a dead person. Whatever she discovers as our way of doing things in the family she disregards it and replaces it with her own way without minding how we feel as a family or how easy or difficult it is for us to adjust.

I have a friend who is aware of my problems with her, he told me that I am the problem here, he said it will be hard for any woman to fit into our family way of doing things and it will be difficult for us to cope with a different way of life introduced by another woman.

Oga wait, what us she doing in your house? As wife or girlfriend? If is the latter she doesn't have any business staying with you guys. Dont create problem for your family. A jealous woman is more deadly than cancer.

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 13, 2021
klap4gbens:

Marry a single lady or young widow without a kid yet

they will want kids at the end and they will put the interest of their own kids first

i have seen this scenario times without number

better to have a side chick to satify your sexual needs than to marry for kids when you have kids to take care of at home.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by stormborn28(m): 9:34pm On May 13, 2021
mariahAngel:

Have nothing to do with that calculative/manipulative
woman!
She had everything planned out right from the start and you're the perfect candidate! You fell right into her trap!
She's been the one making all the major moves. (The birthday party was a perfect excuse to penetrate)
Imagine forcing you to move on from mourning your wife...
Have you had sex with her already?
Have you bothered to find out why her husband left her? Without caring about his children?
Oga, shine your eyes o! Your children don't know better...they just miss the care of a mother, which the woman seem to be taking advantage of.
You think you know her but you have no idea! None!
you have a better response to OP's dilemma

1 Like

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by weddingchannels: 9:35pm On May 13, 2021
If you love yourself and your Children Please let that woman and her kids give you a break, we don't want to hear my Children died mysteriously after their mother, you didn't investigate this lady, you don't even know if she is psycho, you let you Children with her, Children love easily especially when they find new play mate. Please take care of your Children, that woman is going to kill you if you don't take Caution and control. Watch and pray. Tell her you are traveling with your Children, let her go back to her house.Go to Your parent's place, spend time with your children.
family6644:

1 Like

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by stormborn28(m): 9:35pm On May 13, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

they will want kids at the end and they will put the interest of their own kids first

i have seen this scenario times without number

better to have a side chick to satify your sexual needs than to marry for kids when you have kids to take care of at home.
you are correct... This is the best

1 Like

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Joydan95: 9:37pm On May 13, 2021
Nickymezor:
Great advice. Spot on.My dad didn't remarry until we were all grown up. According to him my kids didn't know their mummy well, let them know their daddy well instead.Yeah we had relatives coming around/ we visiting dem as well during holidays.
I tell you...Best decision ever

1 Like

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by CSTRR: 9:38pm On May 13, 2021
The worst thing that can happen now is for that woman to mistakenly caery your baby in her womb..

You are finished.
And your kids would bear the consequences.

Who says you even need to remarry?

You already have three kids.
Yes, they would miss their mother but kids grow up fast.

For the sake of your peace of mind and the well-being of your kids, stay unmarried.
Women can be trouble. And you can never be too sure until you have made a terrible mistake.

If konji hold you, get a hooker, go to a hotel and relieve yourself.

You can remarry when the kids are fully grown and can't be maltreated by any woman again .

3 Likes

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by ogbu80(m): 9:38pm On May 13, 2021
family6644:

in davido's voice......kayamata for you, dey on top your matter!!!!!! cheesy
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Reptyle(m): 9:38pm On May 13, 2021
family6644:

I think you moved on too quickly by going into a relationship barely 3 months after your wife's passing. You did not give yourself and your kids enough time to heal and get the emotional closure required to move on.

On the other hand, your new girlfriend should be more understanding of the fact that you need time to get over your late wife. But you can't really blame her for being selfish and seeking to assert herself in a place she considers her new home.

Honestly I find it a bit weird and disrespectful to your late wife's memory that you got hooked with another woman so quickly after her passing, so much so that you let the new woman move in with you. But who am I to judge you?

My advice is that you get her out of your house and let her move back to her own space so you and your kids can properly mourn your wife. You can carry on with your affair with her but only outside your house. Take all the time you need to gain the closure that you need and then you can move on with a new relationship.

If the lady doesn't understand why this is necessary, then maybe it is a sign that you both weren't meant to be together. Frankly, the way she has carried on so far from your explanation is a major red flag in my opinion.

Please do be careful so you don't bring in someone that will make life a living hell for your children. Their well being should be your major priority for now.

May God guide you to make the right choices.

2 Likes

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Shytreasure(m): 9:39pm On May 13, 2021
An uncle of mine got married last year to a single mother of one after his wife died during labour sad. It's the mother of the lady that used tactics to introduce her daughter to him at their place of work. Ordinarily, one would assume he will just remain like that and focus on the children since the oldest of the five children is about 23 years of age.

To cut the story short, immediately she moved in, she started maltreating the late wife children. The maltreatment got worse after she gave birth to a child to the point that the second child of the late wife who is the only male moved out of the house. Right now his condition is very worse as there is no parental care. This woman starves the children so many times, to the point that they would have to beg for food. Sometimes i wonder if this man is aware of the children plight at all.

The point is that the children welfare matters! And if one really cherish the memory of the late wife, he will do everything possible to prevent whatever and whoever wants to cause them pain. Patience may be the key sir!! She may mean well for them, but take your time to know more about her; i mean time to know who she really is.

I know a man that remarried after the last child finished his degree program at the university. Fine! We are not the same, but the interest of the children should be paramount in whatever decision that is made.

The reg flag is always there. Please make the right decision, so your children can look back in years to come and be proud of the decision their father made in their behalf.

3 Likes

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Nickymezor(f): 9:41pm On May 13, 2021
Joydan95:

I tell you...Best decision ever
Yeah, so true.
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by dederocs(m): 9:42pm On May 13, 2021
Wow, just like that undecided
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Keemsleek005(m): 9:48pm On May 13, 2021
stacyadams:
just three months after ur wife passed on,ur thinking of another woman already ....single mother for that matter with kids.grin grin una see as una dey carry divide una house ...better leave that woman alone.....she will be nice now but I assure u that u will still come back to lament on nairaland...let ur adopted daughter take care of d house as best as she can.......

Fear women...any child apart from their own child dey suffer am....u can c d red flags already and it's plenty

So what the ish with single mum, cos these one as her bad side does not mean all will have, even a single lady can do worse cos she will be starting fresh and she will want her own new kids to be main kids. A good woman is a good woman wether single mum or single lady.
Bless u

2 Likes

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:49pm On May 13, 2021
crackhaus:
She should not be in a rush to have things done her way. She might have good intentions, but her management skills are quite poor and will betray those good intentions.

What she needs to do first, is learn how to fit into the way your late wife ran the house, and then very gradually make changes little by little.
Just showing up and wanting to do a complete overhaul is very disrespectful.

Why are you people even living together so soon?
This I don't understand...
Op is a joker.

The perfect example of men are scum.

No one is talking about the fact that he has slept with another woman barely 3months after his wife's death

It is an insult to his memory.

He needs at least a year or two to heal and move on

But he is thinking with his prick like a HE-GOAT.

5 Likes

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by deavicky(m): 9:50pm On May 13, 2021
GboyegaD:
Oga, in 12 days she's already acting like the boss. You might be able to cope but please think about the children. From your story, she seems desperate as well and that is not a good sign.
honestly I tot he meant 12 years. How can he not know how to break a relationship of just less than 2 weeks.
It appears there more to this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by James2nweke: 9:51pm On May 13, 2021
Bros its all clear who she is desperate to h
ave a man she can control to do things her own ways that why her ex husband left her now is best time to let her and children go cos if let stay for long she will not only mal treat ur maid but ur children will suffer under her wash she is just pretending now
when she settle down in house finish you go hear character take ur decision now she not for u she doesn't have respect for ur late wife that too bad u tink she take good take of ur children in future bros that a big lie find a way and let her go b4 it too late ooooo she is pretending for the of ur children you can still be friend wit her but not one family e no go work ooo quote author=family6644 post=101528453]I need serious advise from experienced nairalanders, please forgive my lengthy message because it requires detailed explanations.

[/quote]
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Gokoyer0(m): 9:59pm On May 13, 2021
The bolded na confirm. People just like Wahala sha. You are looking for relationship, na woman wey get 2 pikins you go find after 3 months that your wife died.

Op, show me any Naija woman that wants other children to be better than thier own?
stacyadams:
just three months after ur wife passed on,ur thinking of another woman already ....single mother for that matter with kids.grin grin una see as una dey carry divide una house ...better leave that woman alone.....she will be nice now but I assure u that u will still come back to lament on nairaland...let ur adopted daughter take care of d house as best as she can.......

Fear women...any child apart from their own child dey suffer am....u can c d red flags already and it's plenty
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by GboyegaD(m): 10:00pm On May 13, 2021
deavicky:
honestly I tot he meant 12 years. How can he not know how to break a relationship of just less than 2 weeks.
It appears there more to this.

Baba dey enjoy better knack as you can tell he knows what's up but he's been clouded by what he thinks he's enjoying.
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by isaiahethan: 10:02pm On May 13, 2021
family6644:

Sir I advice you to forget about that woman, her husband knows her better than you do. A man hardly abandons his family and kids .obviously she's not telling you the truth. Calm down you will find the right woman and mother to your children. Please relax and mourn your dear wife atleast a year. Respect her demise. God will strengthen you during this trial period.

1 Like

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by James2nweke: 10:07pm On May 13, 2021
Bros its all clear who she is desperate to h
ave a man she can control to do things her own ways that why her ex husband left her now is best time to let her and children go cos if let stay for long she will not only mal treat ur maid but ur children will suffer under her wash she is just pretending now
when she settle down in house finish you go hear character take ur decision now she not for u she doesn't have respect for ur late wife that too bad u tink she take good take of ur children in future bros that a big lie find a way and let her go b4 it too late ooooo she is pretending for the of ur children you can still be friend wit her but not one family e no go work ooo
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Gokoyer0(m): 10:07pm On May 13, 2021
What kind of talk is this? God, men are disappointing me here on NL. So, if OP has slept with her, he should continue allowing a strange woman taking care of his kids. That woman is just pretending to be good right now, and I really pity OP's kids if that woman should remain in their lives.

I do not need a soothsayer to tell me that that woman is lying about her husband that left her for another woman in oversea. She knew what she was doing when she invited them to birthday party. She is desperate right now and she will show OP and his kids pepper once she got what she wants.

lamentor78:
Oga Mr, if a woman has a good character no man will leave her with kids and run away, the woman has seen your weakness[b], if you have not start sleeping with her please send her away for your own good and for your kids.[/b]
Is better you have side chick than want to harbor a strange woman in your house o.
I don talk my own
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by pansophist(m): 10:09pm On May 13, 2021
Deep down your heart, you know what you should do, but you needed some boost from faceless strangers to tell you what your friends, common sense, intuition already knows. Being a father is not only by having a deek and ability to impregnate but to be brave, strong, self-controlling, and more. How can you bring another woman home just within three months your wife passed away? HOW DARE YOU?

The woman you described is someone you should have nothing to do with, let her go. Kids are highly impressionable, I knew lots of devils in human form I used to love when I was a kid, and the only reason why I could forgive myself is that I was young and didn't know better. But you, a father with children, cant even caution your children. So if your daughter wants to transgender to a man tomorrow because she feels trapped in a female body, and the boy wants to carve a horn on his forehead because he like batman, and the other wants to be a Buddhist monk, you will allow them because you want them to be happy right? Don't be a dumbo sir, at least for the kids.

Now listen, and I won't mince word. Cut all ties with that woman. No buts, if, but cut it off. Which other signs do you need? Did you even found out to know why her husband abandoned her? I think humans haven't actually really dealt with you to a point where you will prefer to live with a demon. Fine face, ass, boobs should not move you as a man, your brain should have authority over your deek, that's why it's up there. Again, leave that woman and regain your sanity. Is leaving her so difficult to do that you have to consult us on nairaland, your friends, and who else? Will you also take it to ummuna, native doctor, pastors, etc? When a simple delete button will do the job effectively? Men these days, so weak. Argggggh.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by nams77: 10:14pm On May 13, 2021
OGA!!!! Disregard every other advice and take this one..
This matter will end badly
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by kanmi4gold: 10:23pm On May 13, 2021
Send the woman packing otherwise you will regret ever meeting her.She has no conscience,she will easily manipulate you if you don't give her space and your children will suffer terribly in her hand,all that you see doing for your children are game planned,the moment she gets you the rest is story.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About Court Marriage In Nigeria -Barr. Enwongo Cleopas. / Is My Dad Trying To Have An Extramarital Affair? / Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 215
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.