Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes (34820 Views)

Politics In Churches: Father Mbaka Apologises On Behalf Of Nigerian Pastors / Man Burns Church Over Failed Prophecies In Lagos / Salvation Ministries Builds Home For The Elderly, Gives It To Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Racoon(m): 4:34am On May 10, 2021
Ejike Mbaka, spiritual director of Adoration Ministries Enugu Nigeria (AMEN), has apologised to the Catholic church over his mistakes in recent times.

While delivering his sermon on Sunday, Mbaka asked Callistus Onaga, bishop of Enugu diocese, to forgive him and his followers for their actions which have rubbed off negatively on the church.

The priest also cautioned his supporters against violence, after some of them broke into the diocesan cathedral on Wednesday when his whereabouts was unknown for some hours.

“I can’t disobey the church — who am I? How can somebody who has been serving the church for 25 years come out to begin to fight the same church. Everything in my life is for the church,” he said in the sermon monitored by TheCable.

“In all honesty, Father Mbaka here has no problem with the church. I don’t have any problem with my bishop; people want to achieve it but they cannot allow it. Because I have something in me that will conquer all this problem — the gift of humility and the obedience of the church.”

Mbaka recalled how thousands of his followers invaded the premises of the Catholic cathedral and the residence of the bishop while searching for him.

Having been summoned before the protest, he said the church leadership immediately directed him to go and bring the protesters out as they had vowed that “things will get bad” if they don’t see him.

“I never knew that even a glass was broken. What I was praising you for was not for what was destroyed, but for your ability to search for your missing pastor,” he said.

“There was a lot of mixed information. The devil entered the story; the church did not kidnap me.

“I wish to apologise for whoever that misunderstood my statement. I did not clap for anybody for destroying anything. I heard that the search for Father Mbaka was hijacked; people joined and started breaking things.

“I am here standing on your behalf and I render my sincere, unalloyed apologies to the Holy Catholic church where I belong, and say, may the mother church forgive us in any way we didn’t do it well.

“Even in all that I said, where I didn’t say it well, I pray for forgiveness. I am on your (the worshippers) behalf, kneeling down for the church and I tell the church, forgive.”

The cleric said he has no problem with the church and restated that he remains loyal to the bishop.

“We are to save the image and face of the church, and the souls of the children of God. I am here for soul-saving, the church is not my property because I belong to the church,” he said.

The Catholic church in Enugu had declared one week of prayer over the violent protest about the priest’s whereabouts.

The protest heightened the tension that was caused by Mbaka’s recent clash with the presidency over a controversial contract.
https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-mbaka-apologises-to-catholic-church-over-his-mistakes Lalasticlala

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by kahal29: 4:36am On May 10, 2021
He already knows what is coming his way cos he know that he has crossed the line.

By ridiculing his Bishop whom he swore to obey at all times and whom has tolerated from him what no other Catholic Bishop would tolerate..... Mbaka Why?

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Koryc: 4:40am On May 10, 2021
The church will always forgive, that's the beauty of Christianity.

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Noerection: 4:44am On May 10, 2021
You are forgiven; go and sin no more. Some of your people are happy because Pastor Adeboye lost his Son just because he didn't against Buhari.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Noerection: 4:45am On May 10, 2021
Koryc:
why Ibo refused to forgive Okorocha then?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Racoon(m): 4:47am On May 10, 2021
This is too late padre.The church will forgive but the damage have long been done.Imagine Mbaka frolicking with Gandollor and other despicable politicians on the Adoration ground? So you are just a political charlatan in cassock that need to be defrock or derobed.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Seniorwriter(m): 4:49am On May 10, 2021
Anyone still supporting this present clueless wicked & incompetent government will get a portion of their doom.

Noerection:
Is Igbo/Ibo tribe the Christian Church...stop your Toxic & stupid question...though I'm not Igbo/Ibo...
BTW what survey did you do to arrive @your toxic question? SMH @you
@Mods this NL member is tryna incite tribalism with this question....he/she needs a leash!
Koryc:
Kosoco:
This Comment made my day.... Forgiveness is the Beauty of Christianity....
Sure did!

JooEeL:

The problem you have is that you underestimate the evil in the heart of a black man. You're thinking everyone should at least have a certain level of humanity. You are wrong if so braa. cool
It's not entirely a black race thingie!

Deep Quote
There is no monopoly in violence or wicked acts!
Deep Quote
Whatever you sow is what you'll reap.

@Seniorwriter

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Kosoco(m): 4:51am On May 10, 2021
Koryc:
This Comment made my day.... Forgiveness is the Beauty of Christianity....

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by 360degreess(m): 5:02am On May 10, 2021
The political Reverend father.a.k.a.Mr Contractor..So all the noise we baba dey make na him pocket him dey fight for?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Noerection: 5:09am On May 10, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Anyone still supporting this present clueless wicked & incompetent government will get a portion of their doom.

Is Igbo/Ibo tribe the Christian Church...stop your Toxic & stupid question...though I'm not Igbo/Ibo...
BTW what survey did you do to arrive @your toxic question? SMH @you
@Mods this NL member is tryna incite tribalism with this question....he/she needs a leash!

Sure did!

Deep Quote
Whatever you sow is what you'll reap.

@Seniorwriter
OK

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by helinues: 5:10am On May 10, 2021
I thought he was suspended?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by EkenmaPeter(m): 5:13am On May 10, 2021
He should apologize to Nigerians too, he decieve alot of people with opposite prophecy, both in Imo state and Nigeria at large.

I build website, please check my signature. smiley

8 Likes

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Yobabad: 5:17am On May 10, 2021
Even we ur people have forgiven you, am sure the holy Catholic Church will do same, Christianity is beautiful

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Pmpm: 5:19am On May 10, 2021
Lol
Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Ebukacute(m): 5:23am On May 10, 2021
This man than that we over here in Enugu grew up to love and respect so much, has turned himself to a laughing stock because of greed.
Stop dining with APC government it never ends well.

21 Likes

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Penguin2: 5:25am On May 10, 2021
But Mbaka why?

1 Like

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Aufbauh(m): 5:32am On May 10, 2021
Fr Mbaka's explanation is vague reek of pretentious submission.
Even if the church must forgive him they should not spare the rod of discipline.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Foodqueen(f): 5:36am On May 10, 2021
That won't make him stop talking against this government.

1 Like

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by whytediamond(m): 5:52am On May 10, 2021
His predicament was worsened by Desmond Elliott.

7 Likes

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by EricSmallz(m): 5:53am On May 10, 2021
Controversial Rev.
Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by ictjobber: 5:53am On May 10, 2021
We forgive you
Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by henryadex(m): 5:53am On May 10, 2021
Money that be clouds spirituality

1 Like

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by supereagle(m): 5:53am On May 10, 2021
Buhari support.
Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Emyogalanya: 5:53am On May 10, 2021
I knew he will
Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by ArewaNightmare: 5:54am On May 10, 2021
grin politics in the house of God due to Greed #sad ,back in 2013/14 when MBAKA was busy destroying GEJ reputations in his adoration ground and APC guys cheered him and called him Elijah and Co but since he TALKED about BUHARI bcuz the contracts he went for is not coming and time is running out that they decided to come for him with all force both from high and low places ,had it been that MBAKA is not under Catholic Church honestly the case would've been worst bcuz he'll be in DSS detention now and he'll be explaining on how some guns or dollars got to his church ,MBAKA dining with the devil comes with a huge price

9 Likes

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Authoreety: 5:54am On May 10, 2021
After the damage has been done... Okwaya?

3 Likes

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by djeneba32: 5:54am On May 10, 2021
cool
Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:54am On May 10, 2021
“I wish to apologise for whoever that misunderstood my statement. I did not clap for anybody for destroying anything

Back in the days......

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Gamer999: 5:54am On May 10, 2021
H
Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Tonylyte(m): 5:54am On May 10, 2021
Apology ain't enough, he should do give away or share huge percentages of his wealth to some poor Nigerians. His mistakes got alot of persons into the situations they are in now.

2 Likes

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 5:56am On May 10, 2021
Man of God dey make mistakes?

Is he not supposed to be imbued with the impeccable power of the holy ghost? grin

Contract-seeking, flat-headed, shameless, old fool!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes by Qoko: 5:56am On May 10, 2021
Noerection:

Cos Okorocha didn’t ask for forgiveness

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Generator Fume Kills CAC Pastor In Warri After Fire Kills His Family / Daddy Freeze Slams Funke Felix Adejumo: Jay Z Insulted T.D Jakes, Still Makes... / Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.