Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,893 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag (1379 Views)

Rape: Cyril Osim Ndifon Risks 7 Years In Jail As ICPC Tenders 70 Nude Pix, Texts / Meet Nigerian Lady Who Is Still In 100 Level 4yrs After Gaining Admission / Nigerian Graduate Who Sold Ice Cream Releases Transformation 7 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag by Mandickblake: 10:09am On May 14, 2021
Hi guys, my name is tosin and the purpose of me writing this article is to share my experience with you all.i graduated from secondary school in the year 2013, and for (7) seven good years Ave been trying to get into one of the countries most prestigious University (UNILAG) you all know it quiet hard because it a very competitive school.
Trust me it wasn't easy at all , I had to face depppresion, ambarassment, frustration and so much more .
Alot of times people promise to help and you later discover they are empty promises, some even try their best at the end of the day they just give up on you. The most annoying part are my family members my brothers ,sister and mum.
They wouldn't stop standing on my throat telling me if UNILAG does not pick me why can't I just pick another school and get on with life . For years I wrote jamb and come out in flying colors but my problem is always either I don't do well in utme or my aggregate don't meet the cutoff of the course I desire. For years I had to sit at home ( not technically sit but was working instead).
It got to a stage where my younger cousins and nephew, my younger ones were gaining admission . I was left behind at home , it was worrisome and embarrassing.every year there is this sallah celebration where all relatives gather and meet at the family house. Capital SHAME won't let me turn up there, because I was afraid discussion will pop up about school and lectures and other school activities and I wouldn't ave jack to say because I wasn't in school.
My work place wasn't left out I received many insult there too as well. Imagine my co-worker telling me that I shouldn't worry I should continue writing jamb, that when his 2 years old son his old enough we will write jamb together. You can imagine someone say that to your face . At home the pressure was much for me they won't stop watching my every move just to get at me they literally want to get me furstrated so I can take up any school be it polytechnic or any institution so I can just leave the house. But I stood my ground it UNILAG or nothing , because I know my future depends on it.so I tried every possible means to avoid every body by staying at work all day just to come home late at night. And read from night fall to sun set.
Each time I failed I will check my lapses and see where ave come short then work harder and prayed harder.untill this year I finally got admitted, my joy has no bound abeg. It a dream come true, trust me wetin my eye don see ontop say I want gain admission my mouth no fit talk am. I remembered one particular year someone took me to go and meet the (Vc) vice Chancellor of academics of UNILAG I submitted my credentials to him with my bear hands to him in person.i still didn't gain admission that year oo, I had high hopes for my credentials to get to the table of such prestigious personnel in the institution .but thank GOD with much patience and prayers ave officially been admitted into the university of Lagos to study business administration. I can't thank GOD enough I want all nairalanders who ave younger ones in my shoes never to give up keep fighting, keep striving. It your future it worth the sweat and pain

3 Likes

Re: How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag by TUANKU(m): 10:27am On May 14, 2021
7 years just to study at Unilag? I respect your choice but No.

1 Like

Re: How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag by DrPurple(m): 9:40pm On May 14, 2021
Congratulations Man!

Buh wait oo, u get hard mind sha oo

1 Like

Re: How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag by Cerebellum: 11:12pm On May 14, 2021
Your personal choice anyway

Congratulations bro, no go lose guard dey follow Toto upandan o cheesy

Nah carry over gbas gbos be that ogrin
God be with una

1 Like

Re: How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag by MomentMan(m): 11:23pm On May 14, 2021
Congratulations broh. I wish you all the best.
Re: How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag by AngelicDamsel(f): 11:27am On May 15, 2021
Sturborn faith. grin grin grin

Op, start a career in motivational speaking.

2 Likes

Re: How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag by Mindlog: 6:16pm On May 15, 2021
7 years to get admitted into Unilag to study business administration, u get mind o!
Re: How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 15, 2021
Mandickblake:
Hi guys, my name is tosin and the purpose of me writing this article is to share my experience with you all.i graduated from secondary school in the year 2013, and for (7) seven good years Ave been trying to get into one of the countries most prestigious University (UNILAG) you all know it quiet hard because it a very competitive school.
Trust me it wasn't easy at all , I had to face depppresion, ambarassment, frustration and so much more .
Alot of times people promise to help and you later discover they are empty promises, some even try their best at the end of the day they just give up on you. The most annoying part are my family members my brothers ,sister and mum.
They wouldn't stop standing on my throat telling me if UNILAG does not pick me why can't I just pick another school and get on with life . For years I wrote jamb and come out in flying colors but my problem is always either I don't do well in utme or my aggregate don't meet the cutoff of the course I desire. For years I had to sit at home ( not technically sit but was working instead).
It got to a stage where my younger cousins and nephew, my younger ones were gaining admission . I was left behind at home , it was worrisome and embarrassing.every year there is this sallah celebration where all relatives gather and meet at the family house. Capital SHAME won't let me turn up there, because I was afraid discussion will pop up about school and lectures and other school activities and I wouldn't ave jack to say because I wasn't in school.
My work place wasn't left out I received many insult there too as well. Imagine my co-worker telling me that I shouldn't worry I should continue writing jamb, that when his 2 years old son his old enough we will write jamb together. You can imagine someone say that to your face . At home the pressure was much for me they won't stop watching my every move just to get at me they literally want to get me furstrated so I can take up any school be it polytechnic or any institution so I can just leave the house. But I stood my ground it UNILAG or nothing , because I know my future depends on it.so I tried every possible means to avoid every body by staying at work all day just to come home late at night. And read from night fall to sun set.
Each time I failed I will check my lapses and see where ave come short then work harder and prayed harder.untill this year I finally got admitted, my joy has no bound abeg. It a dream come true, trust me wetin my eye don see ontop say I want gain admission my mouth no fit talk am. I remembered one particular year someone took me to go and meet the (Vc) vice Chancellor of academics of UNILAG I submitted my credentials to him with my bear hands to him in person.i still didn't gain admission that year oo, I had high hopes for my credentials to get to the table of such prestigious personnel in the institution .but thank GOD with much patience and prayers ave officially been admitted into the university of Lagos to study business administration. I can't thank GOD enough I want all nairalanders who ave younger ones in my shoes never to give up keep fighting, keep striving. It your future it worth the sweat and pain
Congratulations. Was Biz Admin your first choice? What was your reading/study pattern like for exams?
Re: How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag by Maks27: 8:44pm On May 15, 2021
Congratulations
It's my 4 year now boss
Re: How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag by Pavore9: 7:45am On May 16, 2021
OP, since you insisted on Unilag and by the 2nd year you didn't gain admission into the school, why didn't you opt for Unilag's Distance Learning Institute (DLI) where B.Sc. Business Administration is part of the programme being offered, where you get to work and attend lectures weekends?

I know a guy who opted for Unilag's DLI by the third year as he couldn't continue wasting his time and pursued B.Sc. Economics, he finished 2018 and moved to the UK last year for postgraduate studies in Risk Management at the De Montfort University.

No one should gamble their life doing what you did, be flexible.

2 Likes

Re: How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 18, 2021
Pavore9:
OP, since you insisted on Unilag and by the 2nd year you didn't gain admission into the school, why didn't you opt for Unilag's Distance Learning Institute (DLI) where B.Sc. Business Administration is part of the programme being offered, where you get to work and attend lectures weekends?

I know a guy who opted for Unilag's DLI by the third year aa he couldn't continue lwasting his time and pursued B.Sc. Economics, he finished 2018 and moved to the UK last year for postgraduate studies in Risk Management at the De Montfort University.

No one should gamble their life doing what you did, be flexible.

This is sound advice. Please how old was your friend when he went for his postgraduate in the UK?

1 Like

Re: How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag by Arrowss(m): 7:10pm On May 18, 2021
Mandickblake:

Bro... I congratulate you anyway, but non the less, you made a mistake applying for a particular school for 7 good yrs, did you not remember strike? Now only God knows when you will finish from unilag, again, wen no b say better job dey wait for you if u finish from unilag, guy u no do well oo, yet I congratulate you, pray to God for a Good job wen u graduate.

1 Like

Re: How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag by Pavore9: 5:24am On May 19, 2021
Xsolutions:
This is sound advice. Please how old was your friend when he went for his postgraduate in the UK?

He was 28 as at last year. For Postgraduate studies, age is not a factor as long as you have acquired your bachelor's degree.

2 Likes

Re: How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag by Kayprincefav: 9:13am On May 25, 2021
UNILAG DLI Admission Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session

This is to inform interested candidates that applications is current open to suitably eligible candidates for admission into the University of Lagos (UNILAG) Distance Learning Institute (DLI), Open and Distance Learning programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session.

Available Programmes

(1). B.Sc. Accounting
(2). B.Sc. Business Administration
(3). B.Sc. Economics
(4). B.Sc. Public Administration
(5). Education:
i. B.Sc. (Ed.) Biology
ii. B.Sc. (Ed.) Business Studies
iii. B.Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry
iv. B.Sc. (Ed.) Early Childhood Education
v. B.A. (Ed.) English
vi. B.Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics
vii. B.Sc. (Ed.) Physics

General Entry Requirements

The following candidates are eligible for application:

i. Graduates of the University of Lagos or any other University recognised by Senate with Degrees in relevant disciplines.

ii. Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) or National Diploma (ND) or National Certificate in Education (NCE) in the relevant disciplines.

iii. Holders of recognised relevant full professional qualifications particularly ACA, ANAN, ACCA, ACMA, ACIA, ACIS, ACIB and CII may be considered for admission at the enhanced level so long they possess five O'level credits at WASCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO or its equivalent, which must include English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any other two (2) relevant subjects in not more than two (2) sittings.

iv. Holders of WASCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO or its equivalent with credit in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics and any other three (3) relevant subjects in not more than two (2) sittings.
Read more here [https://www.latestadmissionnews.com.ng/unilag-dli-admission-form-for-2020-2021-academic-session/]
Re: How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag by IncredibleWrite: 10:15am On May 25, 2021
You spent 7 years to get into Unilag and study Business Administration?

You made a very poor decision bro. I still regret the two years I stayed at home sef. Because last last na the same Nigeria Labour market all of us still meet. Not like the Business Administration is some specialized course.

Anyways, let me not spoil your jolly, congratulations

1 Like

Re: How I Struggled For 7 Years Before Eventually Gaining Admission Into Unilag by christejames(m): 10:40am On May 25, 2021
Since you said your life depends on Unilag let me just pass...

Congratulations anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Biology Alternative To Practical Questions / Student Seminar In Switzerland - Sponsored And Paid For By P&g / University Of Abuja Diploma Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.